Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #16  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

VICKI – Hi Driver. OK, SOON to be ‘Driver.’ When do you take your CDL test? I’m sure it’ll be a piece of cake (no-cal, no-carb, no-fat cake.) I wish I’d gotten my passenger/bus endorsement when I got the rest. I’d already be working. Is there a bus driver shortage up there? There is here, but I’m not entirely sure, even as much as I like kids, that that is really a job for me. Some people absolutely love it though. * You’re so close to breaking into the 220’s – I hope it happens soon for you!!!

AMMI – Good job getting your exercise in without thumping poor Beth! Strange noises tend to wake people up, so you must be so consistent about doing your tape that the sound of it is a comfortable, ‘sleep-through’ noise. You know, unless that girl was drugged, I think that’s an NSV! Consistent exercise until it becomes a household sound.

Got a fierce 40 minute workout in this morning. When I get a sweaty head and my hair frazzles all over the place, I know I’ve done something worth doing!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:10 PM   #17  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Zelma - Your story about the competition is so heart breaking. I am so sorry they ruined such a positive thing for you by being unclear and then blaming you for things you did in total innocence.

So many people are doing so well! I am up a bit this week, but that isn't surprising given the fact that I didn't eat the night before my last weigh in.

Ugh - work is so busy, and last night I was exhausted after my workout. One of the trainers in the gym did a bit of kickboxing with me after I was done on the elliptical and it really wiped me out.

Right now I am panicking because I am supposed to be doing a charity walk next Friday and I haven't gotten a single person to sponsor me! This is my own fault because I have been avoiding it, but I need to do something quickly. It should be cool though. It is called Light the Night and it is after dark and everyone carries lit balloons. I suppose even if I raise something it is good, and I will be walking! I don't even know how long it is, but I am not worried about it.

Also, twice in two days I have passed up foods I had thought I wanted in favor of things I knew were better for me. Yesterday we went out to lunch and I almost ordered an eggplant parm sandwich because it sounded really good, but at the last minute (actually after I had first given my order to the waitress) I changed to a turkey burger. Then today at lunch they had cauliflower cheddar soup on the board, which sounded really good, but when I looked at it I realized it must contain a bunch of cream and cheese and I opted against it. The thing was that in both cases the attitude was slightly different from before. It is hard to pin down, but it was very unemotional. I just knew that even though I wanted those things I really ought not to have them, and that was that.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:28 PM   #18  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Kim - ha ha ha i thought the same thing about the plane tickets and the torrid purchase.. the tickets are pretty cheap (only 89 each way) but not that cheap... lol i just cant resist a torrid sale.

ammi - you know. the wierd thing is, i think the reason im taking all of this so well is because i kinda resigned myself to keep a marginal distance, because i had a feeling that if we got together, one day i would find out he was gay all along and i would have been crushed. now finding out he is into someone else is a pretty devistationg blow, but really, i think i came to the conclusion that it would never really be more than it was, a while ago... lol altho i would have liked it to be different - if it were only that easy. as for the halloween event, its a theme park, with a dinner before hand, so im prob just gonna wear jeans and a tshirt or sweatshirt. unfortunately, he paid for everything, so i cant really uninvite him. altho, if he doesnt call me before then, well, im going without him. as for him knowing about me seeing the emails.. well. i just dont think he does. i mean, he didnt just leave them open, i hit the back button a couple of times and discovered them. hes also kinda dense, so i really think he has no idea anything is wrong. boys can be such tards sometimes
Old 10-05-2006, 02:54 PM   #19  

valerie sounds like a good idea to me .. migraines really suck! i had to exercise though so iwaited for a brief painfree period and did it. the ffm other better be good tomorrow1
Old 10-05-2006, 03:35 PM   #20  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Melissa- WOW- what a great walk- over 2hours! You must feel great- that’s a wonderful accomplishment!

Ammi- I’m so glad you are feeling better- too bad Beth isn’t- I agree it won’t do her any good to be around smoking when not feeling well. Surely her dad would understand that? It’s funny that you mention xmas gifts because I was thinking about that yesterday- I just don’t know how I will afford any this year- I’m so broke. I better go get so yarn and learn to knit! You had me laughing at the thought of you exercising over Beth and kicking her while she slept! I’m glad you didn’t hit her- and amazed she could sleep while someone exercised I never could- I’m not that good at sleeping I guess- nor am I that coordinated, she would have been stomped a couple times!

Zelma- what a huge disappointment your whole experience has been! I just hate that you had to go through all that- but you are staying so positive about it, and that’s great! Remember- the whole thing was about inspiring others to be able to do what you did- and you still accomplished that- so it’s still a great moment in your life- just forget about the rest of the crap!

Lilion-I’m going to try the cake, maybe this upcoming weekend- thanks- I think it sounds really good.

Amanda- two classes! That’s great! I’m sure you will see results from it- any additional physical activity helps!

Valerie- I wouldn’t be able to stick to my exercise if I didn’t keep it full of so much variety- I get bored easily, but my classes are so much fun! I can’t wait to see that ticker at the 275 mark- congrats!

Vicki- don’t let missing the exercise get you down—at least you are doing good eating- and you’ll add it when you can. Perhaps since your schedule is so crazy you could get a home workout video or just do a quick walk around the block- you don’t have to go to they gym to exercise, and it doesn’t have to be long to be useful. Good luck!

Nancy- the walk you are planning on sounds neat- what does it benefit? How many miles/km? Good luck on the fundraising- I’m sure every little bit counts.

PPP- I’m the same way- I can’t pass up any sale- I’ve never shopped torrid before. I’m going to have to check them out online today!

Well- I'm a little irritated at myself today- ate a couple things I shouldn't have- but in the grand scheme I don't think they will do much harm. I had an egg buiscuit from the hot box at work, and then a small bowl of bread pudding. While not good choices at all, because of them I was pretty full, so I didn't eat any lunch or snack- so I'm hoping I'm not too far off plan. I won't beat myself up about it, and I might excercise a little harder tomorrow. Okay- got to get ready for school. See ya!
Old 10-05-2006, 03:47 PM   #21  

Hey everyone~

Finally I am able to to post! We have been having major internet problems up here. The winds have been really high like 45 mph plus. So its messing up the sattelite connection. Anyways...I am finally online and happy about it!

Well I went to the Dr. about the back pain. And he actually asked me to not work out for a week or so. I was like what??!! But apparently I pulled something in my lower back. I am just taking basic meds and using a heating pad. Also, got some scary news from the DR. He thinks a few of my moles and possibly part of my birthmark could be turning into melanoma. He was sort of blunt and said it did not look so good. I didn't know that much about melanoma...and it seems to be the scary skin cancer. He actually made an appointment for me to see a Derm. in Anchorage. I am really nervous. I go down there November 12. Also once again they think my thyroid meds are not high enough. ( that is a constant battle for sure!). So slowy but surely I am getting life back on track hopefully. I feel like I am 100 years old instead of 25 some days.

On to funnier stuff. My wonderful annoying husband still has hidden the scale!!! He said he will return it Monday. And yes I have looked through out the whole house for it!

Well other than trying to stay warm up here nothing else is going on. I am really trying to watch my food and stay OP that way. I hope to get excercise soon. I know I would see bigger differences if I could work out. But I for sure see change...my neck/face is a lot thinner. I also notice my feet and ankles aren't as swollen. I am happy about that!

Ok let me try to do a few personals here...

Melissa~WOW 6.5 miles? You are doing awesome getting your excercise in. And doing it without stopping is really good. I proably wouldn't have been able to go that far without stopping! Again WTG!

Ammi~Glad you seem to be feeling better. Hope your daughter gets to feeling better soon! BTW~since I have been out I haven't had a chance to comment on your pics yet. Wow you look so great! I can really see a difference! Thanks for posting those...it really is an inspiration. WTG on your success!

Violet~Also thanks for sharing the 80 punk day pics. You should have won the prize!

Kimberly~Congrats on the pounds lost! You are doing great!

Patti~Wow woking out with a migraine! You are better than me...I would have just passed out! Hope you are feeling better!

Amanda~ sounds like you are doing great on the excercise part. I always wanted to try water areobics. We don't have that up here of course...but hopefully soon when we move back to the lower 48 I want to try it out!

Valerie~Glad you are seeing 275! That has got to feel great! You are doing so good!

Vicki~That is good you are staying OP with the food. I know its hard to get excercise in. Hopefully you can work it in somehow. Good luck with getting your CDL classes and getting your license!

Nancy~WTG making the good food choices. I struggle with that a lot. Its almost like I have to break the habit of mindless eating. It is hard to do when eating out.

Well I better go...you all sound like you are doing great! Have a good rest of the day!

Michelle
Old 10-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #22  

thanks Mechelle hope all works out in your dr. appointments.. ah Anchorage my former home !
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Valerie – I am sorry to have to admit to this because I did like the compliment about how exercising so consistently as to not wake Beth was a great NSV. But I could have grunted and groaned, and huffed and puffed and it could never have disturbed Beth because she is deaf But, that said, I don’t think I make too much noise, except when I back up too far and end up running into the heater Oh the joys of having a tiny house

I know what you mean about knowing you have had a good work out because you get a head full of sweat and then frazzly hair Mine doesn’t frazzle, but sometimes it looks like I have washed my hair because it’s so wet. Yep that means a great work out

Nancy – that charity walk sounds like it’s going to look beautiful. All you wonderful people helping raise money and looking so great with your lit up balloons. I hope you will get some sponsors quickly and that you will enjoy the walk.

Isn’t it wonderful to make good food choices and not feel resentful or like it’s a big deal. I think that shows a real lifestyle change

Luan – you know I love to make a happy story out of a bad one, and after what you told me about how you had a feeling that one day if you got together you would discover that he was gay after all. I like to think that he’s got with his other woman and is just using her to try to prove to himself that he isn’t gay. He didn’t want to use you like that, hence being such great friends with you instead. Of course I know that’s me wearing rose colour glasses. Just ignore my silliness Seriously I am really glad that you are able to deal it all so well. AND I really hope that if he does decide to go to that Halloween thing that it won’t spoil the night for you

Patti – I bet you were SO happy to finish your exercising today. I am still amazed at your commitment to do it despite your migraine

Kimberly – I loved what you said about getting some yarn and learning to knit. I can knit, and I love knitting baby clothes. But if I have to knit for an adult, well I think they would be better off if I just gave them the yarn for Christmas rather than knit them something. Though I do know what you mean about not having money for Christmas, I am determined that this year if I haven’t saved the cash then I won’t buy much. No way am I using the credit card again. 2007 is the year I am going to pay off my credit card, and that’s that

When I read what you said about eating a couple of things you shouldn’t have today it made me think just one thing: Read what you said, and then think of what you used to eat prior to your diet. I bet what you ate today was NOTHING compared to that, so put into perspective you shouldn’t feel bad about today at all

Michelle – wow what a shocker about your back. There you were trying to still get some exercise in when you should have been resting your back. I hope the pain killers, rest and using the heat pad will help it get better soon.

I am really really sorry that the doctor suspects some of your moles and a birthmark could be turning into skin cancer. The good thing is that it has been picked up quickly and whatever they need to do to make it better can be done I bet you wish the appt in Anchorage would be sooner than November. Waiting around sucks!!

I think your husband is BRILLIANT, give him a big hug from me to thank him for hiding those scales from you That’s so funny that you have searched for it and still can’t find it. He is awesome at hiding stuff it seems. I bet that comes in handy when he has to hide your Christmas presents

Thanks for the compliments on my photos, I just love looking at them. It makes me feel vain, but hey it’s nice to actually like what I see rather than feel shame.

Ok got to make a move now, I want to scan some pics onto my PC. Take care all and bye for now.

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #24  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Sabrosa--That's great that everything seems to be going well for you. I havent "met" you, I dont think. I'm Amy and I used to post here back in February/March...then I took a...uh, "hiatus" (being naughty and not sticking to plan) but now I've come back. I'm glad you feel inspired. Everyone here is so great they inspire me, too!!

Luan-- on the "sign from God" not to stop by his work. Hee hee... I'm glad you are dealing with this the way you are and leaving the ball in his court. You rule.

Thanks for the FYI on Torrid!!

That's awesome that you got a little money back from the car lot. That's always nice! Great that you liked your Aquamoves class. I dont know where they offer that here in Nebraska but I'll have to check it out. I like water aerobics.

Kim--Thanks for the compliments on my outfit! My co-worker said I looked like KISS! I had to wear black eyeliner on my lips because I didnt have any black lipstick, but it stayed on ALL DAY! In fact, it started to feel really gross by the end of the day.

Glad to hear you did great on your quizzes! Hey, if you did THAT well on your quizzes I dont see how you could bomb the test! You'll do great, I'm sure.

AWESOME that you have some time off coming. That is always something to look forward to and a good thing to get you thru the day if you are super tired!

That's great that your under 200 lbs left to lose! You are doing so well with your OP breakfast and all your excercising efforts. And while you still have a bit to go I agree--not having that glaring BIG picture sitting in front of you DOES help a LOT. I used to have a ticker for the full amt I wanted to lose and when I'd lose like 2 lbs the thing wouldnt even MOVE. I would get kinda bummed. So I changed it to 10 lb increments.

And you'll do fine even with the couple naughty foods you ate today. Like you say, probaby not enough to do TOO much damage, and you can always work it off tomorrow.

Melissa--Oh, that is AMAZING!!! That is SO great!! Oh you are doing SO well on your excercise goal this month and I am SO impressed that you walked all that way without taking a break! I highly doubt I could do that, WOOOO!!! GREAT JOB!

Ammi--Glad to hear you are feeling better!! Sorry to hear Beth is still doing so poor; hopefully her dad will help her recovery by not smoking around her. I've had a flu shot the last 2 years but I didnt think it helped me much. I still ended up getting sick but I guess it might have been worse had I not had the shots. I still get them anyway because usually my job offers them for free so why not?

Oh, I certainly sympathize about having a small house! I have a 1 bedroom apt and I was looking at some floorplans for apts in KC and some were like 700 sq ft and I was like "Whoa, this thing is like a castle!!" Some have like room planners that you can click and drag a sofa or table or whatever and place it on the floor plan and it will show you like how it will fit in there, etc. I put all my furniture on the floor plan and I had like 1/2 the apt still left bare! I only have 1 loveseat and a chair and the char is just wood with a padded seat, not like a recliner or anything, and then I have a coffee table and buffet that my TV sits on. I cant fit much else in the main room!

The charity you're helping out is really cool. That is great that you are contributing to that type of work. It always breaks my hearts when kids get sick like that.

That is funny that you say we should run for office because I was just saying last year that I should run for City Council!! I thought people would vote for me because everyone complains about all the "stuffed shirt" old people we have in office in this city and how they all come from money, etc. I said my slogan would be "Vote for me. I'm just like you". I might just have to run one of these days...

Oh man, my hair was SOOOO ratted!!! I ratted it a home with a brush and then a lady at work ratted it even more with a comb and we sprayed and sprayed and sprayed it! I slept w/it in a ponytail last night and then this morning just washed it and slopped on the conditoner and let it sit for a couple minutes. I still had to comb it out with a brush (when it was wet, eek!) so its a little poofy today.

I am really excited about apt hunting! I have an appt w/one tomorrow that goes by income guidelines--you cant exceed a certain amt. But the amt is pretty high so hopefully there wont be like a lot of trashy people living there. This may sound terrible, but sometimes in low income places you get a lot of riff-raff. But the place looks really nice and it is in the same town as Nat (not a suburb) so I am really excited for that one!

Ok you got it--its a deal. We will both get back on track. If you do it I gotta do it, if I do it you gotta do it. Right? RIGHT! Great to hear that you got an hour in today! And I'm glad Beth managed to escape injury.

Zelma--Oh, Zelma. How terrible. And this entire time you have been telling us all about the competition, etc and havent even been able to mention any of this for fear of retaliation from them! That is terrible.

I am 26 but I did not take offense to the "under 30" comment at ALL. I know how immature people my age can be. I cant believe the # of people my age whose parents are still paying thier car insurance or paying the taxes on thier car or send them money, etc. I guess I grew up differently than they did and that has made me more mature. I just cant believe they did that to you. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to get all that off your chest here. :hug
:

Lilion--I'm SOOO jealous that you got to watch Lost last night!! I forgot it was on so now I've missed the season premiere! Do you know if there's anywhere online to watch it?

Amanda--Boy, you are rockin' and a rollin' it baby! Yeah, you go with your bad self, doing 2 water aerobics class!! I'm sure with momentum like this it will really accelerate your weight loss!! Yeah!!

Valerie--Yep, my cough has gotten worse so I made an appt w/the dr. Its no fair because now I am losing my voice. I was just getting it back from quiting smoking!! Oh well.

Great to hear you are finally seeing a # you havent seen in a while. That is really great!! And it that is SO COOL that you are looking forward to working out. Yay!! I have to say I laughed when you said you have to see the same weight 3 days in a row before you move your ticker. Glad to hear you got some good excercise in! Way to go!

Vicki--Hey, strictly adhering to your eating plan is no small victory! Dont downplay it so much! If you cant get to the gym at least you are doing something! Give yourself some credit. Good to hear you arent beating yourself up about it too much. You have already come so far, you have so much to be proud of!!

Nancy--Sounds like you are doing really well on excercising, with how tired you have been! Hopefully you are able to get some rest tonight.

I'm sure you'll get someone to sponsor you. Everyone wants to sponsor the GOOD LOOKING walkers!

Great to hear you resisted those things you knew were bad for you. That is really great that you felt unemotional about it and it was just something you knew you should do. That's really a great NSV!

Michelle--Scary about the melanoma. I am really sorry to hear that he doesnt think it sounds so good. I guess the good thing is that with skin cancer if they catch it early your chances of surviving and having a normal life are very good. Not like if you have lung cancer or something. And you are still young so your body will be able to fight it better now than if it were like 30-40 years from now. I wish you luck at the Dermatologist's.

When is your regular weigh-in day? Did your hubby hide the scale so you wouldnt weigh every day and make yourself nuts?

That's great that you are starting to see the effects of all your hard work. That must be really rewarding and make it all feel like it is worthwhile.

As for me, today I am not doing so well OP. It all started this morning when my stomach was hurting. I feel really crappy today and if it wasnt for the fact that I have tomorrow off work and only had to survive today, I actually would've called in sick today. I actually probably should have in hindsight. Anyway, my stomach hurt this morning and I was having body aches. I ate one of my snacks but my stomach still hurt and I needed something more substantial. When I get sick with body aches eating does actually make me feel better (at least its not just "food soothing"). So at break I got 2 pieces of toast w/peanut butter from the cafeteria. At least it was only about 1 T. of PB and the toast WAS whole grain wheat. It made me feel better, what can I say? So I counted that I moved on.

Well, today we also had our Customer Service Appreciation Week Luncheon. Most of the food was not too bad OP (grilled chicken, salad, green beans), but of course they had mashed potatoes and cheesecake, too . I didnt eat all my mashed potatoes and only ate 1/2 the cheesecake, but I am still 1 point over for the day and I havent had dinner yet. I'm just hoping that because I didnt get to eat lunch until 2 and I'm off at 5 that maybe I wont be so hungry for dinner. Arg. I have flex points but I wanted to save those for the weekend because I am going to KC.

I know I am probably not going to be able to be 100% OP over the weekend. Staying at Nat's house we will probably be going out to eat a lot and the kind of food they eat around thier house is also NOT diet-friendly. In fact, his dad will probably make a CHERRY PIE because he knows how much I love his pie. But despite all this, I am going to try. I know I will probably end up going over my points, even with my flex points, but I am NOT going to have a free-for-all. I am going to do as much damage control as I can. And then next week it is back on track with diet AND excercise. Besides, I promised Ammi I would!!

I am going to the Dr tomorrow as I really do not feel well at all. I am losing my voice now and it is very difficult to do my job (talking on the phone all day). I had a lady earlier and I was talking as loud as I possibly could but she still couldnt hear me (I think it was actually a case of her not listening ). Finally I said "Can you turn up your phone? I'm losing my voice and I cant keep this up for very much longer". I wasnt trying to be mean, its just that I was starting to get a headache I needed to save my voice if I was going to last the rest of the day.

I only have an hour left of work, thank God. I'm just glad I made it without having to take any time off today. After I take tomorrow off I'll only have 6 hrs of vacation left and I dont want to use it on being sick.

I will check in after my LOW POINT dinner.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #25  

Patti~Thanks! Oh so you used to live in Anchorage huh? Cool! I suppose then you know where Barrow is right? Its at the very top. I will be glad to go to Anchorage just to go to Walmart and the movies! And of course the Dr. stuff.

Ammi~Yeah I was shocked my back was thrown out a little bit. I thought it was just my weight hurting me. But obviously my weight didn't help the problem. I am feeling better...I feel like working out. I won't though because of what the Dr. said.
My husband is so funny. He is a good bit taller than me. I am 5'3 he is 6'2 so he can put things where I can't reach. Although..hmm..just thought of it I do have chairs I can use!! LOL seriously though I give up. And I know its for the best. I will admit it ...I am addicted to my scale. ha!
And the pictures...your welcome. You really are doing so well.

Well I will try to check back in later. Hope you girls have a great evening! I can't wait to watch Grey's Anatomy tonight. Do you all like that show?

Take care!
michelle
Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #26  

Violet~Guess we were posting at the same time. Thanks...I am sure everything will be fine at the Derm. Its always better to know then just always wondering if something doesn't look normal. I am sure it will all turn out ok.
I don't really have a regular weigh-in day...but I was driving husband/myself nuts weighing everyday a few times a day. I think he will give it to me Monday. I actually think it was for the best. Like I told Ammi...I am soooo addicted to the scale. lol
Sorry you are not doing as OP as you would like. Sorry you are sick! hope you feel better soon! Oh and enjoy the Cherry pie!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:03 PM   #27  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

about the flu shot. i have never had one, and i never will and i'll tell you why. the flu shot is basically the flu VIRUS being injected into your body. they expect your body to react and fight off the virus and build up antibodies so you dont get sicker if you get a real strain of the flu. the thing is each year the virsu incubates and changes and the shot is based on the strain from the last year, so you really never are getting a current antibody, and you are unnecessarily making yourself sick.

mechelle - dont be too addicted to the scale because we get really down when we dont see the results we want. try other measures of success. do your measurements, how far can you walk? how long can you excersize for? make sure you are using other benchmarks rather than just the scale
Old 10-05-2006, 06:23 PM   #28  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Just a quick one...

I may have been a little confusing in my post, as I was letting off some steam and typing VERY quickly. It sounded as though some people thought I had signed the contract with the magazine people, so I thought I should clarify that.

I didn't sign any contract with the magazine, but as part of the competition I THINK I agreed to take part in their advertising, such as for the magazine and the competition. Which is why I decided that I should speak with the people at the luncheon. It didn't say anywhere about NOT talking to other people, just that I would take part in stuff run by the magazine. I am not even sure about that, because the rules and regulations were on the website and they are not visible now. I certainly know that there wasn't anything about NOT talking to people (I suppose they couldn't have that if there PR person contacted local media) but I'm not exactly sure what I agreed to do with them.

The contract I signed was with the second TV show, the one that actually aired on TV already. That is the one that you can see still if you go to the A Current Affair site. When I signed with them I wasn't even THINKING about the luncheon, because I knew that they knew about that already and that they understood I would be talking at the luncheon. None of us knew that the other TV show would be at the lunch, so I didn't even consider that as being a problem. After 6 weeks, and the show still not being aired, we truly believed that they must have decided to not go with the idea. The editor did say that "perhaps we should have told you they would be here". Well, that may have helped.

Oh, I just remembered that someone asked for that website to A Current Affair again. Here it is:

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=145745

That will take you directly to my story. There are "Related Links" to the video clip and my own webpage.

Sorry if I confused people. And thank you again for your lovely comments.

I truly will try to get some individuals done today. I have a long walk planned to a teacher's supply store (well, only 40 mins or so there then 40 back again, but long enough) and I definitely have to do some housework, and some shopping, but I should still have some spare time.

Take care,

Zelma

Last edited by ZedAus; 10-05-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #29  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Hi all ... well it was another late night last night .. BUT earlier than the other 2 before it lol .. before 3am when I went to sleep I was busy at 10.30pm so didnt do my Richard dvd .. BUT .. at 12.30am I had the time and energy so not only did the Richard dvd .. but did a little Pilates afterwards to stretch a few extra muscles Had a lovely HOT shower (freezing over here still ... gotta love Spring!) and then snuggled into bed

Weigh in today .. down anothe 2.2 pounds 30 pounds gone!! YIPPEE!

AMMI - I dont know if it was the "loss" of my dad growing up .. or the way I was looked at after he was gone (Im very like my dad, "youre just like your father" was a common phrase I heard growing up), I actually think one of the most pivotal memories I have was when I was 13 and my mother rejected my hug of comfort in preference to my sisters .... growing up I had been the hugger .. so when that happened it sorta left me out there not knowing what my job was supposed to be in the family ... and even now I have a hard time hugging .. but Im getting better thanks to my "sis".

I know my dad gets frustrated ... and I know he wants to try to make up for a lot of things ... including not being able to protect me from my attack ... but I try to make it clear to dad that I dont need him to do anything for me .. just be round would be nice lol .. he is very naughty ... he does like to push himself then he is in pain ... he says Im just as bad following orders and not overdoing things lol .. like I said .. Im just like my dad rofl.

No Scoot and I arent married ... and I dont mind what you want to call him lol .. I was engaged twice before I met Scoot ... and both times my fiances pressured me to set a date (somehow that is back to front from the norm I know rofl), Im glad I didnt as there was a part of me that told me it wasnt right. Scoot is my soulmate tho ... and I have made a commitment to him .. its funny .. when we had the shop ppl thought we had been married for YEARS with the way we were around each other lol .. (all lovey and jokey in a sarcastic way on occasion) .. and that was from when we had only been together a year or 2 lol. So call him my hubby if you want hunny .. I dont mind in the least

Glad to hear you are feeling better too! And I think you are right about Beth ... definitely couldnt be good to be around smoking when there are breathing issues as a result. Huggies. Great work on your exercise . and I know what you mean about space ... With the Richard workout I have to change a couple of step occasionally to accommodate the space lol .. but its fun gettin creative

PATTI - Hope your migraine goes soon .. I know the feeling ... and wow on exercising with it!! If it were me I would be curling up in bed and turning off the world lol.

ZELMA - I still dont think you did anything wrong .. and unless they stipulated clearly who to talk to and who not to then they really didnt have the right to get their nose out of joint! Its not like you let slip who the winner was or anything ... its also not like Slimming World helped you achieve your amazing loss either! YOU did the work ... YOU sorted out how you were going to lose it ... YOU not them ... they just wanted to use you to brag about slimming for crying out loud! They may have missed out on the "revenue" but its not like they paid you or the other contestants to lose the weight or the expenses involved in losing it either! So they paid for you to have a makeover ... and a nice weekend (and the flights) in the overall scheme of things .... that is pittance really in comparison to the money they make with advertising etc .. regardless of you talking to another show .. they are a magazine .. that is where their main money is .. and if they want to be stupid and not air the show that will help promote their mag .. well that is just them being idiots really. SOrry that they ruined your luncheon ... gotta love those life experiences that one gets to notch up Huggies

LILION - Just wanted to say WTG on gettin over that 90 mark!! What a great achievement .. and Im sure you will hit the 100 soon too

AMANDA - Well done on your water aerobics .. Im still not confident enough to go to the pools for that .. but maybe one day I am definitely thinking about it more seeing how many on here are doing it

VALERIE - I know what you mean about the scale watch lol .. I do the same thing ... BUT I try to wait until the Friday to change my ticker as that is my official weigh in day WTG on your new feeling for exercise .. I know what you mean .. isnt that a great thing when you suddenly realise you really ARE looking forward to doing it!! Who would have thought that would happen a few months or so ago huh?

VICKI - Nice to see you posting .. and great that the scales have moved in the right direction. Im sure you will get some sort of movement into your day so you are getting some exercise .. good luck on getting your license

NANCY - WTG on your kickboxing and Im sure you will get sponsers for your walk .. great job on doing the walk by the way AB FAB on your food choices ... I know what you mean about the unemotional reaction to the food choice too ... Scoot offered to get us Fish and Chips this weekend and when I thought about it (not for long lol) just the thought of all that grease and fat made me feel quick sick! And to think a few months ago I used to have it 2-3 times a week! So great job!

KIM - Glad you arent kicking yourself over your "treats" .. sorta defeats the purpose really when you regret it .. and I hope you arent too far off plan because of it ... Im sure a few extra kicks will make the difference lol.

MICHELLE - Nice to see you back online .. sorry about your back .. it must be horrible .. rofl about your hubby hiding the scales so well .. Im sure it will be better for you Take care and dont overdo

AMY - Good luck this weekend ... Im sure you will do your best ... just dont regret anything or else it really will be a big waste Hope you start to feel better soon hun .. never good to feel like crap

Okee .. time to go have a couple of games ... its a grotty cold day over here (3rd in a row!! yuck!) ... but on the positive my hunny comes home tonight (stopping at my sisters to get a couple of boxes of wood for tonight lol)...so me having a lazy day curled up in bed (we have a busy weekend so Im taking today off lol .. like to be able to do this sort of thing only on days when the weather is foul .. as we are coming up to summer soon Im gonna take advantage of this while I can

Have an OP day all!
Old 10-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #30  

thanks everbody i am doing better this evening it just comes and goes now is not constant and yes Ammi i was very glad to finish exercising it was sooo tempting to not do it but i made myself! Yes Mechelle i have heard of Barrow.i used to go to government hill elementary school so i was just a kid when i lived there.
Closed Thread