300+ And Ready To Try Again #1025 - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #16  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

so i just got back from my WI and i lost 4.4 lbs!!! i am so excited!! it really is a good thing im not an emotional eater... lol

Valerie - you have a great attitude about your situation. this is the advice i give anyone who is struggling with something.

its your life. do whatever you have to do to be happy. period.

lillion - congrats on being so close. i cant wait to have that feeling one day
Old 10-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Luan - well done on the fab WI nearly 5 lbs lost, yes indeed it's jolly good you aren't a comfort eater. Have you seen 'him' lately?

Kenya - thanks for hoping I feel better soon, I should be fine by sleep time

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 10-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #18  
banned

(and im 1/2 way to my 10% goal)
Old 10-04-2006, 05:32 PM   #19  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Zelma- I must have missed it when you posted that they treated you badly at the luncheon- I would have remembered that!! How horrible, and you are so good a person to be trying to be so pleasant with them. I think I would have pointed the finger right back at them for being money hungry no good-ers…but I’m glad you didn’t. I agree with Misti- you are accepting too much responsibility by apologizing and not requiring the gifts- if they wanted silence they should have stated so- instead of saying you would be contacted for publicity. I say put it behind you and know you had good intentions, and you accomplished what you should have-even If they are missing the whole point!

Katt- I think what your doing with your daughter is perfect- if she doesn’t feel pushed then she’ll come to it on her own with your support. I’m going to have to try Richard Simmons sometime- between you and Ammi I have to try!

Lilion- WOW!! 92 pounds! Awesome!! You’ll be past 100 by the holidays!! I love the idea of splitting the drink sometimes-It’s definitely enough- and then it wouldn’t be so bad for em- Thanks!

Sandy- I’m so proud of you handling all that stress and staying OP- you are almost there!! Good luck

Valerie- well it sounds like the driving test went well. I mean, you obviously didn’t embarrass yourself- he sounds very eager to have you, just need to spruce up your skills a bit, seeing as it’s been 8 years- congrats! I’ve never thought of truck driving as physical work- but just goes to show I’ve never done it! As for the trouble with your husband- I will not feel sorry for you- I’m glad you aren’t letting him walk all over you- you have to take care of yourself and if he wants to blame everything on you, you can talk the same language- I say! Good luck- and no I don’t know how many calories being PO’d burns, but I know it takes more calories to burn than to smile, and that it takes a lot to laugh, so I’m sure being PO’d has to be up there!

Ammi- sounds like you did have a great day- I wish I could motivate myself to organize something in my mess. Yes – it really was disappointing about the smoothie- I had been so proud of myself for making a good decision, but I’m still glad I didn’t get a shake, that would have been really bad. I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well- get some rest, and if you can’t exercise, oh well- you already did once today!

I don't have time to say much- i'm behind as usual and have a lot of quizzes to do by end of day today. Just wanted to report that I am still OP and getting really anxious to weigh when I go to the gym tonight. I told my DF and he said that I always screw myself up when i do that- I should wait for Friday, so I'm going to try, but I am so tempted!! Oh- I had a couple really nice complements today. I was walking towards one of my friends at work and said hi and she said "hi skinny" which prompted the girl she was already talking to to say "yeah- I was going to say something- how much have you lost? You look great!" my friend who made the first comment is very commited to my weight loss (she knows everything I eat and every time I work out- I think she may be more commited than me ) said "25 pounds about" before I could answer. Not a lot, but it meant a lot to me- I guess when you see yourself in the mirror everyday you don't see the changes those around you see. Okay- quiz time talk to you later!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM   #20  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

PPP- yeah on the weight loss!!! I love your motto- it's perfect- I think I've now adopted it as my own- you mind?
Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #21  

Talking

Hi All!

So many big losers on this board today!!!! Congrats to us all!

Valerie - I hear you! And all I have to say is: Give him ! You KNOW that you deserve better than that! If he doesn't listen to you give me a call - I'll take care of him!

Ammi - Just wanted to say...you can make a great cake by mixing plain cake mix with 10 oz of diet soda and two egg whites. I think it runs about 2 pts a piece (think cup-cakes!) That's all there is to it, cake mix, soda, egg white and bake like you would from the directions on the box. Amazing, but I've done it and it works. You can also do all kinds of combinations. Chocolate with cherry diet coke, yellow with diet sprite. Lemon with diet Mtn. Dew..you get the idea.

Must run - Later my chickies!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:45 PM   #22  
banned

Ammi- thanks!!

and no, i havent seen or heard from "him" in 4 days, which normally isnt unusual, but he knows something is up because i emailed him a pretty vague letter, and he hasnt responded. i was gonna go by his work today because he works about a mile from my house at a brew supply shop, and i have a peach cider brewing, but i thought better of it and just came home. i can check on my cider when i know he isnt there. we're still supposed to be going to this big halloween event in a week(ish) so im sure he will call me for details on that. if not, oh well, its on his credit card anyway... lol
Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM   #23  
banned

Kim - absolutely not!! please feel free!!! its really the motto that i live my life by. the one thing i will remind you of tho, happiness is the JOURNEY. not the DESTINATION. you will never BE happy. but you must learn to be happy in the moment, and enjoy lifes blessings as they come. *hug*
Old 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM   #24  
banned

Zelma (sorry for the multiple posts everyone)
coming from someone who works in entertainment, i would have to say that they are WAY off base here. if they did not want you speaking to the media, they should have told you, and had you sign something stating you wouldnt. if they didnt, its yours to run with. that sucks they are being petty about it, but i am proud of you for being the bigger (er - smaller bigger?) person here and defending yourself. its pretty crappy that they worded it the way they did, and was completely uncalled for. i think the production staff was completely out of line in even sending out that email because it was just to create drama.

the fact of the matter is, you did an amazing job, you gave them FREE press, and they are being jerks. im sorry that you are going through this.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:10 PM   #25  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey again

Ammi~ They are called braids here and its the only way I can walk outside and not have my hair flying in the breeze And I like them although hubby doesnt much At least not out in public I didnt get to my gazelle yet but will during biggest loser tonight. I went on a 45 min walk outside with the poochie instead. And yeah, my feet still hurt but I havent used it nearly what I used to!

Brenda
Old 10-04-2006, 06:15 PM   #26  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Luan~ Way to go!!! sometimes anger works FOR us!!! Great job on losing over 4lbs!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #27  
Amy

S/C/G: 443/306/175

Height: 5'7"

Nancy--Great to hear you can still work out and do most things you were before. That is great. Just when you are getting in the groove of excercise someone has to mess it up, huh? Well, glad to hear you are doing ok anyway.

I hope today went ok w/the CEO being in town!

Brenda--Hey, we all have a license to be in a funk once in a while. Good for you for not soothing yourself with food. I know how hard that can be to resist.

Great that you had a perfect OP day!! You go for it, girlie!! And I LOVED the sentiment on that sign!!

Misti--I hope your church group went great!

Valerie--It takes a lot to gross me out, especially when it comes to food! That is a good idea to keep some cooked meat in the fridge--so easy to throw on a salad or in a wrap or something.

I'm sorry I misunderstood about how long you have been married! I think most of us wish we would've had a book like that to save us from some BIG mistakes. You arent the only one who's ever screwed up, that's for sure!

Sounds like you are still doing really well on this challenge!! You are such a competitor, maybe you and a friend/relative should have a challenge like this all the time! And I know what you mean about having your first 100 paychecks spent. Seems like when you go from nothing to something there are ALWAYS bills, etc that need paid and things that have waited so long you cant wait to get some money rolling in.

Hey, great to hear your interview went well!! It sounds like he really wants you. And isnt it great to know you will be in better shape to handle the physical aspect of it! getting some practice on those right turns. I know you can do it because you are awesome!!

I can certainly understand about having someone always blaming you for everything that is wrong. I'm sorry you are in debt, but you are right--why should you give up everything you love just because he says so? And you shouldn't have to be miserable driving HIS truck just because he wants you to. And you are right--why should you have to keep driving and let him retire??? I hope you can get something figured out on this. I really hope changes are in the future for you because I know you've been frustrated for quite some time.

Wyllenn--Oh, that is so great!! SIX lbs!! YAAAAAAAY!!!! That is SOOO aweseome! That is great that you are loving your new gym and trainer. I am so happy for you. And I believe you can do it!!

Thanks for the insight on how much is enough. Sounds like I better get used to adjusting it!

Kim--That is a bummer about the smoothie--I was all excited about it too because I love Sonic! Oh well, it will be a good thing for a treat once in a while as it is still better than like an ice cream shake.

That is HILARIOUS about your relatives being afraid of cats!! It is crazy how many people I know that dont like cats and/or are afraid of them. My mom says she doesnt like cats because they will jump up on her kitchen counters and table. Yes, mom, they wait until the minute you walk out the door and then think "Aw, yes--finally the kitchen is all mine!! I think I'll go dig in my litter box first!! *evil laugh*". I had a friend who hated cats too and she saw my cat in the window one time and actually flipped him off!! You would think people would be afraid of dogs more than cats. I mean, dogs bark really loudly and can, like, rip your face off and stuff...and they have bad breath.

Sorry to hear you didnt get much sleep last night. I, too, would love to be self-employed as I am in a similar situation. I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Zelma--Oh, Zelma that's terrible! So the other contestants knew you had your story run by another channel, correct? Hence the "certain person" reference. That was horrible email for them to send. They could've just said the channel decided not to run the story, period. It sounds like a lot of things they said in the email were said out of frustration and anger at all the publicity and money they were losing. That being said, it was still VERY unproffessional of them. This sounds like something someone would send to thier girlfriend when complaining about thier co-worker or something. "Certain person"...how crappy of them. And how, exactly, were YOU supposed to know they were competing stations and you giving your story to the other station would put the story being run on this station at risk??? How are you supposed to know the inner workings of how a TV station makes its decisions on what to run when?? And if you hadnt gone to the other station your particular story would not have run because you were not the winner, is that correct? So you were just doing what you had to to get your story out there. I see nothing wrong w/that. I am so sorry they did this to you. I dont blame you for wanting to rip someone's head off. I think you have every right to tell them exactly how you feel and I think you did so in a very mature manner, much more than I can say for them. If I were in your position I do not think I could've retained that much composure in my writing. And I cant believe they treated you that way at the luncheon. That is terrible.

Katt--Oh, I'm sure it is very stressful with having new expenditures. I know how you are feeling. I am glad you were able to get your fears under control and put it in perspective.

Glad to hear your daughter is still doing some physical activity, even if Richard doesnt exactly appeal to her. I'm sure with her commitment and your guidance she will have no problem making it to her goal by xmas.

Oh, I think I may just have a cold but if it gets any worse I will definetly go to the Dr. I ended up resisting going to the Dr so long last year because I just thought I had a bad cold and it ended up being pnuemonia! I had to get a breathing treatment and all!! But, in my defense, I was still smoking then so when I got a cold it was always really bad. But then again, any cold I had always turned in to bronchitis, too, so I should've known to go to the dr. And I know during TOM your immune system is lowered, too, so I will probably end up having to go.

Glad you have been staying OP and actually came in under your calorie goal yesterday!! That's great! And doing Richard 4x/wk will be great!! Whoa, I just said "Doing Richard"...I meant doing the video!!

Lilion--Yeah, that would be hilarious seeing the judge as satan!! And the lawyers could all dress up as rats! Yeah, I like dressing up for work. The poor old guy who runs the till in the cafeteria was kinda taken aback by my appearance today. I hope he doesnt think I'm wearing this because this is how I dress now! He sees me everyday so he has to know I'm dressed this this for a reason...I hope!

Oh, I went ahead and snipped it off last night. It actually was a pretty big piece. It feels a lot better now because that flap isnt getting caught on things and getting ripped anymore. I know, yuck.

Hey, if you make that WW recipe I would suggest cooking it for only like 15-20 min instead of the full 30 min. I thought it came out kind of over cooked as the sour cream was kind of clumpy.

That is great about the WI!! 92 lbs is SOOOO awesome. You are doing SO great. I cant believe you are a size 18 now (judging by your pic in the pics thread)! That seems so small! Yeah!!

Ally--WOOO HOOO on the 5lbs!! Yeah! That's really great!!!

That is quite the move, from Ohio to Maine! Do you relocate frequently due to your husband's job? Wow, I bet packing for 4 kids and 2 adults will be quite the chore. I dont blame you for being stressed. When are you moving?

Sandy--I'm so sorry you are dealing with all this right now!! Your leg sounds horrible. What has your doc said about it (if you've seen him recently). Any news about when you will be able to go to work? I know you are stir crazy but it may be a good thing that he wont let you work right now. In addition to the pain I'm sure you just dont feel good a lot. Getting lots of rest will help too, as I'm sure you know.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send you good vibes for getting thru this weekend with your MIL and your daughter's wedding!! I'll bet she looks beautiful. Post some pics if you can!!

Good luck on your WI!!

Lavandel-- on your 6+ lb loss!! That is amazing for your first week!! Yeah girl you are rocking it!! That is so awesome I am so happy for you!!! That is a really great jump start on your first week! I'll be you are feeling so good about that.

Annie--LOVE the new avatar!!!

Ammi--Hey, you have done a TON of stuff today!! Wow, girl! You sure didnt let a sick kid interrupt you being productive!! Wow, I am impressed! I am sure there will be many people who will get a lot of use out of the clothing, toys, etc you are donating. I was thinking of having a garage sale and donating the $ to charity but then I thought "How much money will I REALLY make on a garage sale and how much work is it for it to be worth what I make?" I finally decided that more people could be helped if I just donated the stuff rather than have a garage sale.

Great job on getting your excercise in!! You go, woman!! You are still doing great even though you didnt get your other 1/2 hr in.

Oh, that is terrible about other people not being able to afford thier supplies like that! That really makes me upset that the US doesnt have some kind of program like other countries do. I remember watching a documentary by Michael Moore (I think it was Bowling for Columbine) and they were talking to some teenage kids in Canada. He was telling them about a guy who couldnt get health care because he didnt have insurance. They looked at him like he had 3 heads or something; they were like "What do you mean? The gov't has to provide that. They cant just do that", etc. That has always blown my mind. While we do have really good care here in the US, I guess its only for those who can afford it. If you are REALLY poor then the gov't will pay for it, but my sister was a single mom making $10/hr w/2 kids and no child support and the gov't would give the kids medical but not her. So god forbid the kids get sick but who cares if they dont have a mom to take care of them.

I already took the pic of me in my outfit today--I will be sure to post it later when I get home!

Yes, I am a member of WW Online. I got that recipe from thier "Cook Once, Eat All Week" section. I know they do have a section for non-members, but I am not sure if you can access recipes. I'll just have to PM you the recipe then.

Kenya--Great to hear you have having an OP day! Your husband's comment made me laugh. My boyfriend is always like "are you typing on your forum again?" when he calls and he can tell I'm not paying him my full attention.

As for me, I am doing well today. Totally OP. I brought some of that Layered Mexican Chicken for lunch. It is pretty good and pretty filling, which is nice for 6 pts. I'll probably have it for dinner, too. I think I could get used to just cooking once a week. I'm a total microwave gourmet.

Everyone really loved my 80s outfit today. I had people I didnt even know coming up to my desk and saying "Oh, you look so awesome!" A lot of them were coming from different depts, too! They seemed to know me but I sure didnt know them...but I guess that is par for the course when you've only worked somewhere 4 mos. I guess people must have been spreading the word because I sit at the back of a row and people were walking down here just to see me.

I forgot until I got to work today that there were prizes for the best dressed today. But alas, I didnt win. Oh well. I think I should've but that's ok. Only thing is the prize was a $20 gas card and I am going to KC this weekend so it would've come in handy.

Speaking of KC, Nat has Friday off so he and I are going to hunt for appts for me. I wouldnt get there till around 9 or 10 Friday night unless I was able to take the day off, but another guy in my dept was going to take it off so I wasnt able to. Well, I found out today he isnt taking it off so I am able to! And this sounds terrible, but I am actually really happy about this for another reason. This guy is very annoying and always gets annoyed when someone else is taking a day off that he wanted to take off, so he always tells me how I should be careful so I dont use up all my vacation, . He actually went thru and took off ALL the Fridays for the rest of the year so no one else could get them. And he ADMITTED that he did it for that reason!! He was mad because he wanted to go fishing on a Friday that I already had scheduled to be off and I wouldnt give up being off because that was the Friday before my sister's wedding and I told him that. I think preparing for my sister's wedding is a little more important that his being able to fish... ANYWAY, after ALL his preaching to me about how I am going to use up all my vacation time too fast, the reason he cant take this Friday off is...are you ready for this? Because he has used up too much of his vacation and he doesnt have enough to take Friday off. Excuse me while I TURN RED from laughing at the irony!!! Yeah, I am probably a bad person for laughing at that....but geez I cant STAND him!!!

I'll check in after dinner, gals.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:02 PM   #28  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Ammi I dont mind talking publicly about my dad My parents divorced when I was 5 (almost) ... it was not the most amicable divorce to say the least .. there was stalking, threats, and some abuse (not by my dad .. but by the wife after mum). She was a nutter .. would fly off the handle and throw whatever was at hand .. and then she even smashed all the windows of the car and caravan when she ran out of other things. She also threatened to kill my mum (then tried running her off the road), told me not to call my dad dad as she was now my little sisters dad only (half sis), he was there at the time and didnt say anything .. I was 7. He even stayed with her after she beat up my sister (this was well before all those new laws about child abuse came in unfortunately)... and ignored our words when we told him she was just after her money ... sure enough .. when they finally badgered us out of the family home (which we were supposed to be able to stay in until I was 16) she took the money and split.

I didnt really know what happened to my dad after that ... when I was 14 and at Boarding School (yuck! Thank you step dad! grrr) I got a letter from one of my best friends (he was my first "boyfriend" lol .. you know . the holding hands type when I was 10/11) asking me who I think his mum was now dating (sod didnt say in that letter so I had to wait til the next one! Grrr) anyway .. his mum was dating my dad!!! Linc badgered me for months to see my dad as he wanted to see me. I finally agreed that Cmas, it was hard because I didnt know what to call him but I didnt want to hurt his feelings by calling him by his name or Mr C .. so I never said anything regarding names lol ..

He married my friends mum ... and for a short time we got on ok ... but I wasnt the sort of daughter she wanted (wouldnt stay at home and darn or whatever lol) so we started falling out and it just became more uncomfortable seeing dad at his place .. so I kept coming up with reasons not to visit but would often invite him around. Then I moved from my hometown to the capital so I didnt see him as much ... esp when he left the hometown and moved over to the other coast. 8 years ago we started seeing a little more of each other .. I would go out to his place on the coast for mini holidays and then when the city became too much for me I moved over the hill to be a little closer to him.

In the last 6 years that I have been over here my dad and I have become very close .. he doesnt remember a lot of what happened when I was growing up .. he was hit by a train when I was 2, wasnt supposed to survive .. then wasnt supposed to walk .. and unfortunately it also affected his memory ... its something that I learned to accept .. I will never get the answers to why he did a lot of the things he did .. and I dont bring it up cos I know it hurts him to think he hurt us .. esp me as I was always daddys girl.

So that is the story of me and my dad Glossed over a little but its a case of just looking for tomorrow rather than living with yesterdays. I know there are regrets ... and possibly on my side a little anger occasionally lol .. but Im a lot happier having whatever time I have with him now rather than not having the chance to have any time with him at all (as my sisters and brothers have chosen).

Sorry it went on a little .. but growing up in a divorce environment is why marriage is definitely not something I would ever consider .. between mum and dad alone there are 7 divorces rofl. Huggies.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:10 PM   #29  

Hi Ladies - First off, thank you to all the well wishers with my test, well, it all worked out - all was fine at the hospital! I also got in 40 minutes of walking while I was out and about! I will try to throw in some more exercise later...walking with John after he gets home from work and such. He gets Thursday and Friday off - yay! And payday is tomorrow so even though we have a couple bigger than normal bills (alot bigger, lol) it should be nice to have some $$ and get things paid! Maybe...just maybe...I might ask John if he's up for some swimming tomorrow evening...the pool has public swim from 530-730 tomorrow. I know he has been wanting to go, so if all goes well I will get some nice minutes in in there! Well, no other news really. Have a good night all!
Stay OP chickies!

Melissa
Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 PM   #30  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Worked out tonight and upped my weights to the 5 pounders. I had just gone from 2 to 3 pound weights, but I really want to push as hard as I can until I start driving... and the challenge thing is motivating, too. Time to push harder.
Closed Thread