Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi All,

A big thanks to those that gave me a about losing weight, especially Kimberly who said that this shows that I am making a lifestyle change and am not just on a diet

I am so tired today, it's the first day the kids are back in school and I have been to the doctors for my 3 yearly smear test, come home cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the cooker, scanned some photos, did an hour of exercise and all after getting up early to get the girls off to school. I just about have the energy to make a start on tea, and then I am sure it's going to be a nice long bath for me and an early night!! Sorry I haven't time or the energy for personal posts. I hope to do some tomorrow. OH and I put a link to some more photos of us in London on the picture page

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-05-2006, 12:05 PM   #17  

Ammi hope you soon get enough rest. i am sure you are still tired from yout trip too.!
Old 09-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #18  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies.

Ammi- your pictures look great! I also think you are looking super slim keep up the good work!

Ok ladies i am off to school now
Old 09-05-2006, 12:40 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Nancy -- I think you're right. Move on, but try to figure out how to address the problem for the next time you game! I think figuring out how to deal with our triggers is an enormous part of this journey -- hard part is, to really deal with them, we ahve to sometimes put ourselves in the way of them to see what happens. All you can do is try again!

Ammi -- I'm exhausted just READING about your morning!!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #20  

Hey all. Just checking in. I've been sick and unable to keep up with the posts. I am down another 5 pounds though! Yay! I hope everyone is doing good!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #21  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

GOOD JOB SABRINA! Sorry you're sick. I hope you feel better soon!

I'm just peeking in to report exercise minutes and look up one of MISTI'S recipes. I'm excited to finally have a chance to join a 6-week challenge @ Curves. There's some additional education and free stuff (that you pay for up front of course) but having a set time frame and specific goals and things to do will be great motivation. I like motivation.

Have a wonderful OP day, my friends!
Old 09-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #22  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Good afternoon! Doing a quick check-in. So lunch today- nutisystem lunch looked so gross didn't even open. Instead I had a turkey wrap and salad. Not perfect- but I think a good substitute choice. We had (3) birthdays today- and (3) birthday cakes. In the spirit of not being anti-social I went to sing, congratulate etc, but before I could be tempted left so I wouldn't eat any cake. Very proud of myself. I will have to walk past it on my way out of here- but if I've resisted this long, I really should be able to survive a last walkby!

I've been thinking that i should really set a date specific goal- I'm thinking to have lost 40 pounds by November 1 (thats 22.5 pounds from today- so almost 2 whole months) do you think that is doable? I don't want to shoot to high- but I want to give myself to be reportable to- and I think preholiday is best- so that I can have a surviving the holidays goal as well. Any suggestions would be helpful- but that's my goal, unless someone thinks I'm setting myself up for disaster
Old 09-05-2006, 04:21 PM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Ammi - awesome job not gaining but LOSING on vacation!!!

Brenda - i just have to say, you look so happy in your pic, i know its not a brand new pic, but you definately look awesome!

heather - same to you

Valerie - its good to see you arround here too

so its been about a year since ive started here. ive seen lots of people go, and lots of people come. its a great resource. i think about you ladies all the time and its so awesome to know im not alone in the struggle. even my friends that are doing WW, sometimes i feel like i cant talk to, but i always know i can come lay it out here and everyone will be supportive. thank you so much for that.

Luan
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #24  
Again, shall we?

AMMI- Love the Pics!! Everyone time I look at them I think- She doesn't way 260-no way! You look great! I can't wait to be down there in the 200's!!
Old 09-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #25  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Heather – Thanks for the nudge. You know, that is what I always say to other people. When I started to think about why I just wanted to move on instead of going back and doing some analysis on the situation I realized that there is definitely a wound there – something that part of me recoiled from examining. I think it has a lot to do with the reason why I let myself get taken up by games. It is a similar escapism to binging with food.

I also just wanted to mention how useful it is to write about our troubles as well as our successes. Sure, it is great to get confirmation when we are doing something right, but from my perspective the value of feedback when things don’t go so well is even more valuable. I mention this as a reminder to us all (myself definitely included) to never feel like you can’t share your troubles. There is no judgment, just people like you wanting to help. I know most of us know this, but sometimes it is a good reminder.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #26  

good for you Sabrina !
Old 09-05-2006, 05:14 PM   #27  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Oh yeah . . . how can I not mention . . .
Ammi - You are looking so good! It looks like you had a great time too. That is so fabulous you lost as well.
I remember loving the London Dungeon when I was a teenager. So creepy and yet so fascinating. I also loved the pic in front of the ferris wheel. It totally reminded me of Dr. Who (that is the same one, isn't it?)!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:45 PM   #28  
Again, shall we?

I just had to do a quick jump in with an NSV- as I was walking out of work i realized my pants are getting quite large. I bought them just before I started, I had already started coming to this site. i could just barely button them. Now they are so lose i'm going to need a belt and on the legs I can grip a good inch or 2 of fabric that used to be tight to my legs! I can't believe I'm already seeing such a difference in my clothes- just a mere 17.5 pounds down!!

Nancy- you are so right about sharing what we do wrong- I know I do- 1) it makes me feel better when i've messed up to hear that what I did wasn't unusual or horrible and 2) to get advice on how to deal with it next time. It also really helps to see what other people have struggled with, so you can try and avoid it. I love this place!

Well class is in 15- was just to excited, had to share!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #29  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

MISTI, The salsa chicken was great, and SO easy. DH is having some for dinner as I type.

Getting back into the workout routine is really something. I'm hurtin', in a good way, in places I'd forgotten I had. A few more days of it and I should be feeling better. At least I know I'm doing something!

I still only hit 1200 cals today, and I started at 4 this morning! Just busy and not so hungry. With the sugar & starch finally considerably reduced from my bloodstream ( although not gone entirely) I'm a whole new person. I did eye some favorite chocolates at the store today, but only briefly before making my escape. ***EDIT: a big glass of milk just pushed me over 1400 - see, I AM trying.

Off to the barn. It's starting to rain, but I didn't get there yesterday, so I NEEEED to go there today. Maybe I can even get in a few more minutes of something resembling EXERcise!
Old 09-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #30  

Hello all,
I've fallen so far behind in keeping up with the posts! Congrats to all the losers!! Great job!

I'm not feeling well at all today. Ugh, don't know what's got a hold on me, but it's kickin my butt! Got my walk in, though it was slightly abbreviated.

Hope you all have a great evening!
Closed Thread