Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #1  

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again #993

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:16 AM   #2  

Nancy - I loved Northern Exposure too! My whole family used to watch it all the time.

Jeana - You will love it here. Hope to see you around lots!

Hi Ladies - Okay, wow, I don't have my own computer to check the website alot throughout the day, so, man was there a ton to go through this time! LOL! I'm using the 'household computer' until my new ones comes. Well didn't do much of anything today...was really tired. My parents haven't confirmed about the Nanimo trip so I'm waiting and waiting, lol. I sent my before and current pics to a friend...I don't think she saw much difference, so that's not a very good motivator!! Well..I have to go find my DELL order number...John put it down somewhere and is "looking for it" right now....in other words he fell asleep looking...so I gotta go find it, lol. Hope everyone is having a great day!
Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-01-2006, 07:53 AM   #3  

good mrning everyone.and Ammi welcome home hope you had a great trip. today i am recommitting to diet and exercise gonna do better these last 2 weeks havent been good so here goes!
Old 09-01-2006, 08:56 AM   #4  

Quick question~How many calories did you start off with a day? I am not sure how many calories I should be eating a day. I was thinking 1500-2000? I read that I should start a little higher because of my weight. Just curious what some of you started off with a day. Thanks!

Melissa/Nancy~I also loved Northern exposure. Living up here in Alaska at times reminds me of that show! I guess its the whole small town living thing. lol

toofatforu~Thats great you are recommitting yourself! You can do it! Also congrats on the 37 pounds lost already that is great!

Well hope you all have a great day!

Michelle
Old 09-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #5  
Again, shall we?

S/C/G: 400/376/180

Height: 5'10"

Good morning ladies!

Wow I really fell behind this week- trying to keep up with school and work! I even forgot that today was the 1st so I fell short on my excercise goal by 32 minutes! I'm not going to beat myself up for it- because I don't count all the walking I do at my job- and I wore a pedometer one day earlier this year and it said I walked 8 miles!! So I'm sure if I counted that I would have far exceeded my goal!

Today will be my weigh in day- hoping I won't feel any pain from my night out the other night. This week I've stayed basically OP, but it's been more of a struggle, since I'm so busy. Yesterday, I ate breakfast at 5:30a and didn't eat lunch until 4pm- and I just ate the salad, not the nurtisystem meal, because I wasn't very hungry yet- I don't think that is good, is it?

Jeanna- This is such a supportive group you will love it. Everyone helps you stay focused, and I can honestly say that I've not done something Off Plan, because I don't want to come here and say I messed up- it's great motivation!

Michelle- I'm not a calorie counter (not good at counting anything- why I'm doing Nutrisystem) However, from reading the boards I would say people average 2000 calories a day- and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm eating with Nutrisystem. Good luck- I'm sure everyone will give you much better feedback on that question!!

Everyone have a fabulous day! It's a new month and a fresh start!!
Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM   #6  

thanks mechell81 where in alska do you live? i lived in anchorage when i was very young many many moons ago!
Old 09-01-2006, 11:32 AM   #7  

Michelle - Since I started up to now I have had 2000 calories a day as my maximum...so maybe you should start there, too. I don't think I will need to change my calories until I get to 300 or so. There are also other factors besides weight, like activity level...but 2000 is a nice starting point...see how that works for you for a couple weeks and tweak as needed. So, my opinion is 2000. Good Luck!

Hi Ladies - Okay, as boring as this is here's my updated computer situation: Nobody came to pick up my old laptop yesterday...a lady calls today and says can you have it ready for pickup, all THREE peices totalling around 70lbs...well I told her we have ONE thing and it's like 10lbs...and she says "Oh, I guess we got you mixed up with someone else." GRRR!! So I had to call DELL to see if mine was being picked up by anyone or not...and it's not...they do the thing that makes sense...I have to return it once I get my new one! DUH! I asked the person before if I could do that and she said "that's not how we do it, we need that one back first"....GRRR, I hate when I know I'm right and they tell me different, lol. So, even though I deleted everything off my computer I'm on it now, lol, I'm just gonna keep my messenger and IE favorites for now, then clear the history when my new one comes. So, sigh! That confusion is over for now!! Thankfully....! Anyways, a new month is here...I have upped my exercise goal from 310 to 900 - considering I did about 2000 minutes last month!! BUT, I only wanna do 30 minutes a day this month...slow and steady, hence the 900 goal. I am going to treat myself to a nice Subway sandwich for lunch - I know the calories without even thinking about it now!! Well, I'm off to play POGO...now that I can! Hope everyone is doing great!
Stay on plan chickies!!

Melissa
Old 09-01-2006, 01:11 PM   #8  
cheeky monkey

S/C/G: 367/See ticker/180

Height: 6'0"

Hi everyone. I posted an intro post this morning. I am getting started today with continuing my weightloss. I was really excited to find the "Fit Day" tool. It is going to be really helpful for me in counting carbs.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #9  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

As of this morning, I am down 13 pounds since August 7. Today starts my 3 days off plan. I'll be eating at Panera tonight (1/2 Asian chicken salad and cup of broccoli cheddar soup) since it's near the movie theater (we're going to see the Wicker Man remake--looks cheesy, esp. compared to the original, but we feel compelled to see it anyway). I'll be eating healthy yet still treat-like foods over the weekend (club sandwich on whole-wheat w/lean meat and hummus instead of mayo, low-sodium tomato soup made w/skim milk with grilled cheese on whole-wheat w/reduced-fat cheese, etc.). I feel good that I've got a sensible plan in place, unlike last time I had 3 days off my menus where I had pizza and all other kinds of junk all weekend long. I also sure don't need any help in gaining weight or losing slower since it's about TOM (even though it's been acting as such for a few weeks now already), so nothing wants to budge naturally anyway
Old 09-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #10  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

HI everybody

Welcome to challengeme - love your monkey pic it's cute!
fitday is on a website of it's own fitday dot com. It's free to use the online version but you can buy the PC version if you like also. i have the PC version and I like it better. No having to log in each time. I just keep it running all the time.

Melissa - do you plan to go to Nanaimo this weekend? You might want to think of reserving your time on the ferry. Supposed to be CRAZY busy this weekend I heard. There's a boat festival here in Vic and a Greek fest too, among many other things I probably didn't hear about. It costs a few extra $ to reserve but WAY better than waiting in line for 4 hours or more. We went over to Van one day and we had to wait 2 ferries on a regular week day.

** edit**
Melissa I just looked at the BC ferries site and the ferries to Nanaimo (at least today) seem pretty good. You can see it online, how full each one is (if you didn't know that already, which you might).

jillybean720 - congrats on your Aug weight loss. Awesome job! TOM for me too so I know what you're sayin there. ugh.

Well I'm off for now, just thought I'd drop in and say hi.

hope everyone has a great Friday!! woo hoo Friday!!

~ Angie

Last edited by Abbeycat36; 09-01-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:33 PM   #11  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Angie – That is very cool that you walked to dinner.

Katt- Congratulations on the loss! You are doing so well. I am struggling with the baggy issue too. For now I am living with it. I just hate to spend much money on clothes that are just temporary.

Michelle – I am generally a calorie counter (kind of a calorie counting/intuitive eating hybrid), and I have been and still am at around 2000 per day. I went from logging every single thing (for almost 6 months) to doing it more mentally. I was obsessing a bit too much and also I got into such a groove with what I was eating that I knew the calorie content of my staples. You are probably better off starting a bit higher, and if that doesn’t work dropping it down by 100 or so every other week or so until you hit the right range. It is easier to start higher and go lower than the other way around.

Melissa
– It sounds like you have quite a bit of drama going on with your computer. Hopefully you will get it sorted out soon.

ChallengeMe – I just replied to your other post. Here’s another

Kim – You have such a hectic schedule! For me one of the biggest dangers of not eating is eating badly after that because I am so hungry that I tend to make much poorer food decisions. If you don’t have this problem, you aren’t doing it all the time, and you generally make up the calories at other times, then I wouldn’t worry it. You don’t want to go too low on your calories over time because that can cause your body to worry about supply and slow down your metabolism.

Jill – That is great that you have your weekend planned so well. The Wicker Man movie looks about the best there is out right now. I have really been wanting to go to the movies, but nothing looks very interesting to me.

I am happy the weekend is almost here. I worked from home today because the holiday traffic around here can be HORRIBLE. I am having trouble not gravitating back to bed. I am kind of tired today and it is so hard when it is so close by. I am drinking some more coffee – hopefully that will help a bit.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:16 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Michelle -- another chiming in to say that at your starting weight 2000 seems like a reasonable number to shoot for! I think you will lose at that level, but hopefully not be hungry -- the key to hunger seems to be in what you choose to eat (protein and fiber help) and eating frequently.

If you have to go over 2000, you can probably still lose. I know for me that writing down everything I ate (and weighing it) was a BIG help! And some days I am higher and some days lower than my target... that works too.

But if you carefully track what you eat, you'll know after a few weeks whether you need to make any adjustments up or down...
Old 09-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #13  
Releasing the inner hiker

Michelle - I started around 2000 as well. In fact, my average for the month of August was 2100 calories and I lost 13 pounds. However, my activity has dramatically increased in the last week, so that helped a lot with the total lost.

Melissa - My laptop has been acting crazy recently (HP) and I'm really nervous it is going to die soon. I'm thinking that if it does, Dell may not be the best option based on the problems you have had. Do you agree?

Jill - I LOVE Panera. I'm a 1/2 greek salad (no dressing) and chicken/wild rice soup girl myself. I think I have most of the soup calories mesmerized.

I think I may see Little Miss Sunshine tonight or tomorrow. I know it has been out since late July, but tonight is the first showing in my area. It looks so good! Has anyone seen this yet?

Well, the first week of school is over and my throat is killing me. Either I picked up my first cold (grr!) or I've been talking too much. Obviously, I am hoping it is not a cold, however, my calories haven't been that high this week, my activity has been crazy-busy, sleep has been sporadic, and my weight has dropped dramatically (6 pounds in 4 days). The sore throat may just be a cold.

I'm so happy it is a 3-day weekend!
Old 09-01-2006, 06:17 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 450

Height: 5' 4"

Hi everyone, hope everyone has had a great day so far.

Michelle - You can go online to your search engine and find websites that will tell you what your max calorie intake should be according to your weight and height. I would try that, good luck

Kim- You are doing great and don't be to hard on yourself for not eating one of the prescribed meals. Be proud that you made a healthy food choice, which is probably not something you would have done in the past. I also agree with nancy try to be prepared for the days you don't get the time for lunch, so you have an option and don't grab the first thing. Which I know for me is usually not what I should eat. Keep up the good work and thanks for the welcome

Jill, Congradulations on your weightloss and keep up the good work. Enjoy your 3 days.

Last edited by Jeana6698; 09-01-2006 at 06:18 PM. Reason: missspelling
Old 09-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #15  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Nancy - I totally agree on the baggys lol .. I hate the thought of spending money on something that I wont be wearing out rofl ... Im happy that I have a couple of clothes in various sizes, but its those inbetween ones that have me hiking up my pants lol ... still .. better than not being able to breath in them huh? As Im a kiwi ... what holiday is it over there now?? You have sooo many its hard to keep up with which month has which in it rofl.

Melissa - definitely good to see that youve been proven right .. I did wonder but thought maybe the US has different rules or something cos I know over here that you get the replacement before you send the damaged one back for sure Heres hoping now that they have sorted that out that you will get your replacement one asap

2F4U - Great job on getting back on track again ... thats the best thing .. not giving up and giving in .. so think of that as a NSV for you hun WELL DONE!

Michelle - I started off on Jenny Craig at 7400kj, that was about 1600 cal I think ... now that Im not on JC I am sticking between 1500-2000 cal a day depending on how active they are ... but its true that when you get down in weight if your intake is low to start with you will really have nowhere to go when you need to reduce your intake. Good luck!

Kimberly - Definitely dont worry about only being 32 min short this month .. you did fantastic and Im sure if you counted all the walking you do at work then you would have flown passed your goal for sure Great work!

ChallengeMe - Welcome on in and you are doing great already for sure Love your monkey too!

Jill - WTG hun on your loss .. that is fantastic!!

Okee .. will catch up some more later gotta go let the lambs out to play in the sun

Huggies and have a great day all!
Closed Thread