Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 08:52 AM   #16  

way to go misti... n0ow if i could only borrow the FFM for a little while lol!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:02 AM   #17  

Height: 5'8.5"

Well you can borrow her as long as you send her back right away
Old 08-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #18  

Morning all!

Another day, another OP! I did pretty good yesterday...I've managed to stay OP all week and only invade my flex points twice. I even managed two workouts. Yes...should be more. I hope to see a drop, but I'm not holding my breath. For some reason the scale seems stuck on 243 right now. Maybe it's saving up for a surprize tommorw??? RIIIIIGHT!

Misti - Nice NSV! And SV too – I SO want to be under 240! I'm seriously tired of this maintaining stuff. Hey! We're having your weather here in Mid-MO, 60's and misty and foggy and drizzly. That's not a smack on Seattle. I LOVE Seattle and Seattle weather. If I could live anywhere on earth it would be the NW Coast. I have an aunt in Renton I spent a week with once. I remember being cool and content even though it was the dog days of summer….I'm an autumn kind of girl, so the weather is perfect for me!

Jilly – Good for you on the one pound down! I'm sorry you are having problems. Hope you get it all figured out. FWIW, I had one ovary from the time I was 22 and it was never a problem until 20 years had passed. Had my son and all was fine. Tahini is pretty much what you described, but runny. Think runny unsweetened sesame seed paste. NASTY stuff! We bought some from our middle eastern grocer for making … hummus. I love that stuff on pita wedges. Pity pita is so fattening.

Everyone else...have a healthy, happy day!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:30 AM   #19  

i will be sure to send her back we all need her too much!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:42 AM   #20  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Melissa - When I saw my family in July, I was kind of bummed because I had lost "only" 20 lbs since the last time I saw them and in actuality it was a 30 lb loss for me since I had gained 10 lbs due to my bcp after I saw them last. I didn't think they'd notice but I did wear nice clothes and I had just got a nice hair cut. My family noticed immediately that I had lost weight. We don't always see the changes in our bodies because we see ourselves every day, those that don't will notice. Even if they don't say anything.

Michelle - In the last month, I haven't seen the scale move much but I've lost inches everywhere. Although having the scale move is nice, I much prefer losing inches. During my weight loss journey, I have lost nearly 100 inches from various points on my body (neck, upper arm, forearm, wrist, chest, waist, hips, thighs, calves) as well as I lost a shoe size and 2 ring sizes.

Misti - Congratulations, I'm glad to see that the scale is moving for you

Nothing too exciting for me. Yesterday, I went and talked to someone about makeup and skincare for myself in preparation for my wedding. I am feeling good about my makeup for the wedding as well as the skincare. I have less than 3 months to go.

I am still sore from my leg workout on Sunday but I didn't work out yesterday. I did do yoga this morning though. Today will be a workout day.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:55 AM   #21  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion View Post
FWIW, I had one ovary from the time I was 22 and it was never a problem until 20 years had passed. Had my son and all was fine.
Yeah, I've had one ovary since I was 16, and I have an aunt who only has one ovary, and she has 6 kids! It just worries me because I am notorious for funky health issues. I have been in more hospitals than I care to list In addition to the typical things like a broken bone or an ear infection (or swimmer's ear, which I've had a few times) as a kid, I've also had ruptured ear drums, ear tubes implanted (lost about 70% of my hearing as a child), pityriasis rosea (a rash that often forms a Christmas tree shape on your back--I swear I'm not making this up), emergency surgery for the 10-inch ovarian cyst, full-blown anaphylactic shock for a randomly-developed allergy to NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs...basically any OTC pain killer besides Tylenol)...the list goes on, but you get the point. And so, any sign of abnormality, and everyone gets on me to see a doctor...and for good reason, considering my medical history Hopefully, they can just put me on a higher-dose pill or something, and all will be well. Here's hoping...
Old 08-29-2006, 09:57 AM   #22  

Nelie~I am for sure going to start measuring. BTW congrats on your success.

I am going to try to work out today. I just feel like my working out is not good enough. I know that doesn't make sense. But because of where I live in Alaska. Basically the top of Alaska in the Arctic. The streets aren't paved and are muddy. And I don't even want to know what the shipping costs would be to ship a treadmill up here! So basically I walk from one end of the house to the end of my hall way. And if I do that 35 times it makes for a quarter mile. But I guess the whole point is I am moving! I used to never do any working out. I just for some reason have it in my head that I can't/won't lose weight. I guess its just because I literally have been at 330 for 3 years. Ok I am rambling now. Once again thanks for the advice/input!

michelle
Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
...I am notorious for funky health issues. I have been in more hospitals than I care to list ...
That's quite a list! I get your point...so as there is nothing else I can do I'll double my good vibes : and hope you get in early and they find out it's nothing. I have been remarkably hospital and sickness free in my life - I'm much older than you after all and other than the blood clot in my leg and loss of the ovary to a 20 lb ovarian cyst (20 lbs - I kid you not - it set some kind of record at the hospital. ) I had no health problems until I was in my late 30's. So here's a and keep us posted!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:56 AM   #24  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechell81 View Post
I just feel like my working out is not good enough. I know that doesn't make sense. But because of where I live in Alaska. Basically the top of Alaska in the Arctic. The streets aren't paved and are muddy. And I don't even want to know what the shipping costs would be to ship a treadmill up here! So basically I walk from one end of the house to the end of my hall way. And if I do that 35 times it makes for a quarter mile. michelle
Michelle, Have you ever thought of trying the Walk Away the Pounds DVDs? It only takes a couple of square feet in front of the TV and you can walk miles. I started out doing it a half mile at a time and adding more as I could. It's perfect for summertime here, when it's so hot that it's foolhardy to walk outside. I just wanted to mention it because it's been a lifesaver for me.

Hi to everyone. I read all the posts but don't have much time to reply. (The thread moves sooo fast.) It's great to read of all the successes.

Misti, congrats on moving to another "10". The 240s were the hardest tens yet for me.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:25 AM   #25  

Tammy~thanks for the suggestion. I will look into those tapes. I am sure amazon has them online. I will look into it. Thanks!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:41 AM   #26  

well i thought my change of philosophy (allowing cheating) added to the fact that toms here would make my first weeks weigh in, a little less but i did good. 7lbs gone for my first week

melissa : if you don't want them to see a difference, maybe you could wear some baggy clothes that hide your weight loss.

jill : craft do a big line in "free" salad dressings very low cal and low fat, and you don't need much to toss a salad in. the lemon is a great idea, i put apple cider vinegar on all my veggies. oh and you could be feeling really tired if your iron is down (my sil is going through something similar)

kim : thanks for the compliment, but black is very slimming and its the side shot i gotta worry about i carry most of my weight in my tummy. i'm going to try yoga today too, i went through the dvr last night and recorded all the exercise shows that looked interesting

michelle : too funny i was just looking at treadmills on ebay last night and guess what ...... one company that does reconditioned ones (still have a 5 year warranty) do FREE shipping !!!! so it might be worth a look after all and you could do like me and try all these different exercises by recording them off of the health channel. (if you get the health channel, if not just ignore that last bit )

kate
Old 08-29-2006, 12:31 PM   #27  

Hi Kate~Thanks so much for the suggestion. But the problem is I live in the bush basically and shipping here is kinda tricky. First to ship anything of value we really have to ship it priority mail. And the thing is it would have to get here by plane. No roads out of town or in. So it would be way more expensive to ship one here then it would be in the lower 48 or even to just Anchorage for that matter. Its all complicated. But I will for sure look into stuff like that. But I think you are right doing the tapes and other work outs work as well! I just gotta move! lol But thanks so much for the suggestion!
And Congrats on 7lbs. gone for your first week! You are doing great!
Old 08-29-2006, 01:55 PM   #28  

nelie and kate - My parents are the kind of people were if they truely noticed I had lost weight - even if they didn't think it was the amount I had lost - they would mention it...it's not that the don't want them to notice, it's just that I wish I could have more of a dramatic change before they saw me for the first time in 10-12 months. The WORST thing ever would be seeing them - and my other family members - no matter if it's in October or December - and them not noticing and not mentioning! That's why I wanted more time, so in my opinion they'd be insane not to notice, lol...but I'm not at that "WOW, she's so much smaller" point yet...and I don't wanna see them until I am. Oh well, I gotta ask my sister if they've fully deicded yet!

Hi Ladies - Was someone looking for the FFM? She's over here today!!!! -3lbs today after my long stall!!!!!!!!! I think it's confirmed that my body needed a break! I really needed to see progress...I'm so glad it finally showed! For September exercise I am aiming for 30 minutes a day, not 60-75! Maybe it will keep my body at a happy medium. Well I'm off to play POGO!
Hope everyone is doing well - Stay OP chickies!!

Melissa
Old 08-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #29  

Mechelle - What an interesting place to live. I hope you don't mind my asking, but I'd love to know more. Are you from there originally? How big is the town? How sparsely populated is it there? What do folkd do for a living mainly? Is it really cold and snowy most of the year and stuff like you see on TV? I'm always interested in places I've never been, especially when it's kind of off the beaten path. Heck, DH and I briefly considered moving to Wyoming and when I realized how small the population was there and how far apart everything is compared to Missouri we gave up on the idea. I'd love to hear more about where you live.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:21 PM   #30  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Oh my goodness, I am so bored here at work! I have a bit of "busy work" I could do, but I'm trying to save it for next week since my boss will be out of the office 2 days, so I'll have something to do. So, looks like today I just get to post more on 3FC

mechell--it definitely sounds like exercise tapes/DVDs are probably your best bet. Personally, I find treadmills terribly boring, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise that you can't get one I prefer to punch and kick doing Tae Bo with Billy Blanks, but I know that's not everyone's cup of tea.

kati--congrats on the -7!!! Doesn't it feel great and just motivate you to stick with it? I've never been anemic (low iron) before, but due to my abnormal "female issues," that very well could be the case, since some women even become anemic only during TOM. I usually use a nice light Asian salad dressing, but I also have thousand island (my ultimate favorite) in a fat-free version by Kraft. The real demon for me is that I don't much care for veggies, so in order to choke them down, I usually end up drowning them in whatever topping I have

Lilion--you are one lucky woman to go so long with so few health problems! When I was little, almost every time we planned a vacation, I would get sick (had adnoid removal surgery planned just after our family trip to Disney World, ended up in the hospital for 5 days with a double kidney infection when we were supposed to go to Niagara Falls, wound up with a ruptured eardrum at a walk-in clicnic next door to our hotel on our way to Kentucky to visit family...). My family still jokes that I better always live near a hospital and that it is obviously my goal to visit as many hospitals in the country as possible

nelie--less than 3 months...you must be getting so excited (and busy and nervous!)!

misti--wow, the 230s sound sooooo nice...it's weird that to most of the world, that would be waaaay too high of a weight, but for me, I'd be ECSTATIC to be there!

toofatforu--I'm sure those 2 pounds are just water since it's pretty challenging to eat 7000 calories more than you burn. Keep that water flowing in, and soon the retention will be flowing out!

wyllen--can I start small with 10 minutes for the month? heh, at my rate, I probably wouldn't even reach that! I will need to do something soon, though...I know my body needs it, and not only just for weight loss!

Melissa--bah, who cares if they see you "in progress"...they'll remember how big you used to be when you're all the way at your goal, and that's what matters most!

Giant hellos to everyone else (including some people who have gone missing! Catherine, SueMarie, PPP, Kayley, Dogpal, Julee, MariaLucia, VioletSwerve, Crock, and others...I know life is hectic, so just sending out some to all)!!
Closed Thread