Old 08-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

Default bad weekend...damage repair this week

Well i did just aweful this past weekend and i am so disgusted with myself. I have had worse weekends but this one was just not what i wanted it to be. I splurged friday night, nibbled too much saturday, and splurged for breakfast and dinner on sunday. The only good thing i can say is that i didnt pig out on sweets, it was mostly carbs and fats that just went wild. I dont know why i did that...i had a good week of weight loss...i just lost it when the weekend hit. I think it was due to stress at work...i had a really terrible week at work. So i ended the week on a high note at red lobster with a couple of mixed drinks that once i got home realized was 600 calories worth of drinks...YIKES. The only thing good i can say is that i still did really well on my portions at red lobster. Whereas i would have ate ALOT more, i only picked at a couple of appetizers. The drinks killed me though. Shame shame. No more vodka collins for me for a while.

i am back on it today with a vengence. Just wanted to say how disappointed i am in myself for this past weekend. It will tell on me by weeks end when i step on the scales and it will not have been worth it.

Plus i noticed with all that eating out of sorts...i really didnt feel good. Very sluggish and right back to feeling like a blob...how quickly the yucky feeling returns.

Hope everybody else did better than me this past weekend.

Thanks for letting me vent and start over.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Stacy -- Please don't beat yourself up over it. It happened, and you can pick yourself up and start over.

However, you can learn from it so it is less likely to happen again, or if it does, it is less damaging. View it as a learning experience.

Reflect on why it happened (you mentioned stress) and what you could have done differently to head it off as well as what you might have been able to do to stop it sooner.

It's okay and it happens to all of us!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:32 PM   #3  
Trying again

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

I agree - everyone Im sure has "fallen off the wagon" as it were in their journey, its something that you can learn from and be able to identify a new trigger, as well as maybe learning what else you can do when that situation arises again (as Im sure it will).

So when it comes to weigh in .. dont kick yourself for the weekend, it happened and its over ... and it seems a little sad that you have regrets about it .. if youre gonna cheat or slip off .. ENJOY IT or dont waste the moment otherwise it will be a double loss.

Great to be back on track and good luck

Huggies
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get n healthy
The only good thing i can say is that i didnt pig out on sweets

I had a good week of weight loss

I still did really well on my portions at red lobster.

I am back on it today with a vengence. Just wanted to say how disappointed i am in myself for this past weekend.

Thanks for letting me vent and start over.
You didn't pig out on sweets! YAY!
You had a good week of weight loss! YAY!
You did really good with your portions at red lobster! YAY!
You are back on track in a hurry (and not months or years later)! YAY!
You COUNTED and confronted your weaknesses and know what happened! YAY! YAY! YAY! YAY!

Aim for Progress, Not Perfection!
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:48 PM   #5  

I agree Stacy, you shouldn't beat yourself up.

I don't know if you were like me, but before I started this, I never gave a thought to the number of calories I ate or portion sizes or amount of fat, sugar, etc. This has been an eye-opener for me and it sounds like you realize what you are eating and drinking and making some good choices. We all can't be perfect all the time, the important thing is that you found the problem and can fix it.
Hang in there! After a few salads and some exercise, you'll feel better!
newsnerd is offline   Reply With Quote