Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:58 AM   #16  

Ammi you are qwelcome for the card. yes i am able to exercise without my foot hurting while i am doing it. it still hurts later on but i can live with it..
it was so quiet here yesterday i kept thinking it was Sunday so that is why when i got up i thought it was monday and time for your weigh in!
Old 07-05-2006, 10:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Patti - don't you just hate it when you get days mixed up. Not so long back I was emailing people saying it was a Tuesday when in fact it was a Monday. Age must be addling my brain that's for sure

Have a great day, Wednesday

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-05-2006, 11:02 AM   #18  

Hello all!

I'm alive and well and incredibly behind on reading these threads. They just grow so fast I miss a day and I'm two threads behind! I'll be lurking around as much as possible...but I suspect that for the summer at least I'm going to confine myself to the Old Hens threads. I just don't have time for other replies!

Love to all you little chickies! I'll be watching you!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:17 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- Well, I was going to comment on how lovely YOU are!

As for the bras, yes, I get that what the husbands want and what we want might differ. My hubby was very interested in checking out those new bras i got, that's for sure... but oddly, didn't seem to want them to stay ON! I do hope that one day you will be more comfortable in your bra... though if you get like me, you'll have these... sacs... just kind of hanging there without one. Ah well, tmi I suspect.

We had our 4th of July holiday yesterday, and I also kept thinking it was Monday! I even weighed in this morning! Good thing it's not "official", as I was up a pound!

Lilion -- I know what you mean about not being able to keep up. More important I guess to keep up with the healthy behaviors. I'm rooting for you!!!!

I rode my bike into work again -- it is just a LOVELY day here!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:20 AM   #20  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Hey guys
Been out camping and had a bawl! Now time to clean house and get things rollin...
Welcome to all the new faces! I love it!

Congrats to all with losses! I think I finally rid myself of some of the water I was holding on to... like 10lbs of it!! hehe Felt like ole times again when I stepped on the scale!

I'll be back later on! Have a great OP day!!

Brenda
Old 07-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #21  
Staying Positive!

S/C/G: 398/258/199

Height: 5'3"

That's great news brenda
Old 07-05-2006, 12:37 PM   #22  

congrats brenda andrkrs you guys are rockin !
Old 07-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #23  

Brenda -- Glad to hear it! You've been doing so well, keep at it!
Old 07-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #24  
South Beach Life Style

rkrs, Brenda, Allison~~~CONGRATULATIONS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS.. WOOP WOOP!

I AM GOOD TODAY,Allergies are bad today, dont make much sense as it is raining here.???? doing ok OP and all.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Idril: Thanks for all the info on the bras. I had no idea.

Sharon: Yea for you on your creative writing. I love to write too. Maybe i'll take a class when I settle in. Don't be green with envy. LOL You can come stay with me.

Ammi: Oh, when we get our new place we are going to invest asap in satellite for the internet. You betcha. LOL

Rkrs: Congrats on another -2. You are doing so well.

Alison: Welcome. I don't recall having met you before. I hope you will enjoy it here in our corner. Everyone is so sweet and supportive. Also a huge congrats on another -6.8 pounds gone forever.

Lilion: Hi good to see you stopping in.

Brenda: Wowie -10 pounds! Water or whatever it is super! Good for you.

Crock: I forgot to pm you my email address. LOL duh. I will go do that now.

Blessings to you all my lovely ladies. I am off to Curves and then I will be back later to report my exercise for the day. I did peak at the scales this morning after breakfast and fully clothed I was down 3 so hopefully by my Friday weigh in I will be down 4. LOL. never happy just like a girl.

Take care,
Annie
Old 07-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #26  

Lilion - aww I am sorry that you are going to confine yourself to the Old Hens thread. I will have to lurk on there myself to read how you are doing

Heather - ok then we must look alike seeing as we are both lovely

Certainly not TMI about your 'sacs' mine are already hanging low, and I guess as they get smaller they will get more 'sac like'. I hate surgery but I would be sorely tempted to have a boob lift if I could afford it

So glad it wasn't your official WI day today, that lb will be gone by the time you do WI on Monday. That 1 lb and of course one more, that 1 little pound that will take you into Onderland

Brenda - great news on the 10 lbs lost it's fantastic to see the number drop like that instead of jump up like that!

Annie - great news about the 3 lbs already showing up as a loss, you are back on track big style, can't wait to see if you make it a 4 lb loss by your Friday WI

Glad you are going to get snazzy Internet once you have moved, maybe with a faster speed you could get an IM and we could chat

Okie dokie, it's emailing time, bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #27  

Default Resisting a Binge...

You’ve had this kind of day maybe. Everything’s hunky dory and you’re feeling great and then suddenly you are hit with a huge case of the blues. I am feeling really low right now and all I want to do is eat eat eat!

I just want to binge! To eat! To fill the void!

I know I’m not really hungry. I know it won’t really help. But I can’t help from wanting to eat everything I can get my hands on – and not the healthy stuff in the fridge!

So. I’m trying to do what I’ve done every other time this has happened in the past year. NOT give in to it. Talk myself out of it. Here are my rationales so far:

- It won’t help anyway. You just think it will
- Food does not control you any more.
- What, you’re going to give in after 50ish weeks without an emotional binge?? Not on MY watch!!!!!
- Come on, you are 1 pound from One-derland. You can’t derail yourself now, sweetheart!

I think the worst is over, and so far all I’ve binged on are carrot sticks and a diet soda. It helps that there’s not a lot of evil stuff in the house, but in these moods, quantity of almost anything is a problem.

Sometimes sharing both the UPS and DOWNS with people here helps.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:54 PM   #28  

Heather - I am so sorry that you are feeling low and that you have the terrible urge to binge. Good on you for fighting the urge though and sharing your reasons not to binge. I hope you will stay strong and like you said, keep on reminding yourself how close you are to being in Onderland!! Was it your gain of 1 lb that has brought you down or something else! Whatever it is, keep your chin up, things will get better

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 07-05-2006, 08:25 PM   #29  

Height: 5'8.5"

Just rushing in for a moment... more later! But wanted to day yipppeeee I lost 50 pounds!!! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! And Ammi... I always weigh every day when I am at work; just hadn't done it because of the long weekend! I was so surprised as I didn't expect it!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 08:33 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

rkrs - thanks, newbies together!

dogpal, Ms Crockett, toofatforu, AmmiUK - Thanks for the welcome

Vilandra485(Melissa) - Glad it was water weight, congrats

Xena2005 - Long Lost twin, that would be something *giggles*

wyllenn: Its a part of you, its who you are use to being, and probably one of the things us girls hold onto that, for so long we feel like it balances us out. And with the RIGHT bra it does (which I can never find by size, roughly a 48 DD but sometimes a 48 DDD , it really depends on the style...I need granny bra's lol). And that becomes your focal point. Its what makes you feel curvy rather than lumpy and its one of the things people notice about you (me) , I don't get out very often (again which comes first the chicken or the egg?...) when I do though, (okay to events where there is alcohol involved). Someone always decides to make it a point to bring them up. I know *I* feel like it takes the focus off the rest of me, which isn't that appealing. Despite the Excess weight, I have nice (wierd) eyes, and I have full lips, and big boobs. They're the things I cling to to get through the day. I'm sure its the same for you, you clung to that for so long, its hard to let go of. Change is hard to deal with. I'm SCARED of the same thing actually. I'm just use to being this way...

Everyone else ! Thankyou for welcomes and hope you are doing well.

----

Today, I havn't done any excercise the past two days, bought groceries though and avoided the chocolate and chips. Which is good, lots of vegetables. Though I did pick up my liquor order, though I don't drink very often so thats not really much of the weight issue (though drinking throws me off my healhty eating resolutions... lol). Just trying to cut down on the bad stuff again, done it before I just need to stick to it this time. I think my actual "set point" weight, when I just eat healthy foods and don't over binge is around 290... what I've become accustomed to. Anything over 300 FEELS fat. Anything below feels normal for a time. Looking forward to feeling more normal.
Closed Thread