Old 06-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #1  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#941

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
ThisGirlsLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:32 PM   #2  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

For those of you who have not caught on already, I am a sentimental sap...and I have to admit I just finished reading the last thread and now I'm all teary eyed! ROFL I have truly missed being here regularly, and sharing my life with y'all. Is that silly? That I feel such fondness towards a bunch of women from all over the world whom I have never met in person? Somehow it doesn't seem silly to me. Thank you all for being a part of this community - for being supportive and kind to one another and to me. I am certianly blessed to have found y'all!

Teahoney - Yeah, I know you'd been going through a hard time before I left. I am glad to have come back and to see you here again.

Zelma - Honey, thank you for your PM while I was away. :-) And thanks for the welcome back!

Kayle - you continuously inspire me with your tenacity! It is good to see you doing so well still.

Heather (wyllenn) - Ouch honey, my body hurts so much from not exercising! It's been hard on me to be doing 60-min sessions regularly to not doing much at all. I got on my bike yesterday with the intention of doing 1 hour session...could only do 45 cuz my legs hurt so much. So, here I go again, builidng up. I will for sure join the July exercise thread - with a modest goal.

Valerie - Howdy girl! :-) My dance class was an 8-week series, and it's over. I did ask the instructor if she'd teach it again in the Fall. She's busy practicing for the Gay Games and the Out Games competitions in Chicago and Vancouver (I think); she's entering as a ballroom dancer but not sure which one. I am taking a yoga class starting in a week or so...and I'm putting together a belly-dance class for some fat girls I know. I'll keep ya posted! ;-)

Ammi - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new avatar. You look so happy and radiant! I've missed you! :-)

Xena, Annie and Sharon - thanks for the warm welcome! I am looking forward to catching up with y'all soon. :-)

Vilandra - Very nice meeting you! ;-) Thanks for the hello.

OK, back to work I go...I have a huge headache.
ThisGirlsLosing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Redhotmama - hi stranger, long time no see. Glad to see you back here and happy to hear you are starting back on your journey to lose weight. I am sure you will lose loads of lbs now you are back and committed

Lilion - of course you were missed, it's lovely to see you here again. Sorry to hear you had a 7 lbs gain. You had a fun time gaining it though, so it's not that bad Now you can just get back on track again and you will soon lose those lbs again.

Patti - would you do that, um......YES You probably won't have your BM til after you have had that cabbage for your evening meal, so waiting til the morning to weigh shouldn't be too difficult I look forward to hearing the results, of the weigh in, not the BM

SueMarie - good to see you posting, I have been wondering how you are feeling. Do you like alcohol? It's just that once when I had an horrendous cough, was even coughing up blood it was that bad, I called a doctor out to the house. He gave me antibiotics because I had a chest infection, but when I asked him for some cough medicine, he told me that NO cough medicine is any good. He said I should drink loads of hot lemon and honey, and for an added boost put a tot of whisky or brandy in it too!! So if you don't mind alcohol perhaps a few hot toddies will help you to get a less restless night because of your cough! Don't worry about your weight gain, it's only a little, and it's more important to get yourself better than worrying about your weight. You will lose it again soon enough

MariaLucia - I know just how you feel about feeling such fondness for women that you have never met. I am the same, it's amazing how close you can get to friends online

Thanks for the compliments on my new avatar pic, it's a favourite photo of mine now that my double chin is receding

Ok well I have a busy day tomorrow so I better get some sleep now. Take care all and hopefully I will get chance to post again tomorrow.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  

Ammi you will be the first to know of my weigh in only! lol~
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:41 PM   #5  

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick check in to say hello. Trying to get better at checking in (maybe I'm a bit scared ya'll forget me )

Well, we're well into our third week of orientation... this freshman class is going to be huge. We've actually added more space three times--and that's no small feat, because we base the numbers each day on how many advising appointments we can offer (for a big school, I'm very proud of the fact that each student gets a one-on-one advising appointment). Needless to say, our advisors are really working hard, as our staff, and all of the people who work with the program.
Wanna hear something a bit sappy and really touching? At least I think it is. I love it. I got this idea from an orientation person from a small college in Michigan when I was at a conference, but I thought it was so cool, and figured the fact that we are big is all the more reason to try it, even if it's a bit more difficult to manage.
One of the things we do with parents in the middle of their program (it runs concurrent to the students) is do a brief session where we give them paper (which we've had printed with our logo, with lines to write and a cool quote on the bottom about parents and children). Then, I tell them this story about the little kid who is writing his parents from summer camp "Dear mom and dad... I'm writing you this letter because my counselor said we had to write to our parents..." etc, etc. Then I tell them "now is your chance to get back at them". We invite them to write a letter to their child, sharing whatever they like -- their advice, wisdom, hopes, etc. I tell them that the kicker is we're going to have them seal the letter, and we will collect them, and WE will deliver them..... three weeks after the start of the semester. As many of them gasp and realize the emotion that they are feeling, I pull out a box of tissue lol and plop it on the front table. That usually get a bit of a laugh. THen I start some mellow music... and soon, we're passing around those tissues! My staff swears I just like to make the mothers cry.... lol ... but I just LOVED this idea when I heard it and the parents really seem to love it, too. I tell my students that, if I REALLY wanted to make the parents cry, instead of just mellow George Winston or David Lanz music, I'd put together my own mix... let's see: SUNRISE, SUNSET.... or DADDY'S LITTLE GIRL... hmmm.... BABY MINE...... or YOU ARE THE WIND BENEATH MY WINGS... or such I've had SO many parents come up to me and just say thanks. I think when those students get the letters, it's going to be really special. Of course, my office staff will be cursing me soon as we try to track down where these students will be living, since most of them don't know their housing assignments yet but... TOTALLY worth it.

Of course... don't get me started on the war stories or the crazy things that are a part of this program... that's for another time perhaps lol

Well... just thought I'd share a little. I haven't really talked much about me other than things that relate to scales and dieting. So, thought it was time to provide just a little more of a picture .... I guess that sounds a bit sappy, too. See what all work and no sleep gets you?? lol Sappy Mel!

So.. this "quick check in" turned into a long monologue... sorry. heh heh..
wil try to be better at checking in. Gotta go, though so please consider yourself personally hugged, since no time for personal notes. (except a quick... "no, Ammi... I havne't been to the doctor about my foot yet... I know... dumb....irresponsible, especially since I'm on my feet all day long... bad girl am I...)

I'll be back to at least read to keep caught up, and will check in as often as I can.

Take a good night/day/morning/afternoon/evening!

mel

2LosinIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Thank you all for you opinions about Medieval Times! I told Andrew last night, about what I was going to do, and he said it sounded like a good idea, too. And my Mom said, "you just can't turn down pastry!". So, I'll do it...I mean, I didn't cheat on my birthday, and even last CHRISTMAS, I didn't cheat! And it'll be right back on plan the next morning!

Worked today, and I have tomorrow off. Going out with Mom for lunch, and to look at the elipticals...quality bonding time, ya know? Hehe...

This weekend is the 4th of July weekend, and on Saturday, going to my aunt's house, cuz my other aunt will be up from North Carolina. They're having a cookout. I'm bringing a veggie tray to pass. Then, on Monday, Andrew and I are going to go to a place that has really great fireworks. We didn't go last year, as I was so self-conscious (due to my weight). So we are GOING this year for sure.

Also, in the middle of July, there is a festival around here. There's loads of great fair food (which I will NOT be eating), and rides. The last time I went there, it was so incredibly embaressing. I went to go get on one of the rides, and I couldn't lock it, and the attendant told me I was just too fat. I was devastated. I cried for so long. I really want to try and do the rides this year, but if it happens again, I think I'd just DIE. Ugh.

Valerie - Haha, I can't help my dirty mind! That's great that you're able to make your devilishly good broccoli salad on your own. Now you don't have to rely on Walmart! lol.

Sharon - JEEZ! (about your first husband). I'm glad you got RID OF HIM! That's really horrible and disrespectful! Ooooh!!! Your weigh-in will be good this weekend! I can only hope mine is, too.

Patti - You are SO SO CLOSE! You'll be there Friday!

Wyllenn - It's not so much that I'm not eating a lot...I have 3 meals a day (for the most part), and try to throw in a snack. I just can't seem to get my cals up, though, and I HATE it. I have eggs & sausage in the morning, either a chicken salad or just a piece of chicken for lunch, and something for dinner...we've been trying out the new SBD recipes I found online. Even if I get above 1,000, it's usually just 1,200. I really want to eat about 1600-1800 cals a day, but I don't want to eat when I'm not hungry. When I get my first paycheck, I'm going to see about getting some Atkin's shakes (since they are allowed), to boost my cals a little bit. That's so great that you and hubby are losing weight together! It always helps so much. I wish I had a weight loss partner around here...someone close to my weight and age. But alas, that's not going to happen. One-derland is so CLOSE! You'll be there soon!

Lilion - of course you've been missed! Sorry to hear you've had a 7 pound gain, but it sounds like you've been so BUSY! I hope you're able to pop in more often.

Sue - You just concentrate on getting BETTER! (And maybe take Ammi's advice!) lol.

Mel - Awww, that's a cute idea! But you know if I end up coming to Law school down there at IU, you aren't going to get me to do that! LOL!!! I'd really like to find out more about the program, so I think I'm going to have to head over to the South Bend campus, and see what kind of math is required to become a lawyer. -shudder- So you just MIGHT have me as one of your students in a few years!

Last edited by kayleystar; 06-28-2006 at 03:26 PM.
kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #7  

thanks kayley keep ypur fingers crossed for me on friday.sounds likie you are going to be a very busy girl in july! lots of calories burned!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

mel -- I teach at a college and we just finished our third and final summer orientation!! That's an idea we might be able to use!!!

kayley -- I see where you're coming from. I just don't want you to *snap* one day cuz you aren't eating enough!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #9  

Hey Ladies! I'm back from my day trip to Vancouver! We left the house at 8am this morning, took the 8:20 ferry, and got right into Vancouver about 10am after the bus ride. We stayed until about 430pm, took a bus back to the ferry, then took the 5:30 ferry home, and got into at 6:40pm! Phew! Well I've evened out my day...I wasn't impressed with my puny -0.5 loss today, and in Vancouver there wasn't anything SUPER healthy to eat, so I chose....Chinese food....better than burger and fries - those are off limits to me now. So, I had Beef with Vegetable (good), Fried Rice (could've been better), Sweet and Sour Pork (not the best choice), and (here's the BAD choice) Boneless Sesame Chicken - it was breaded. (You get a place divided in 4 little slots.) But, everything was cooked just in Canola Oil, nothing SUPER bad....But, my only weight-related ray of light today: I got a TON of walking in at the huge mall! I kept checking my pedometer throughout the day and I couldn't believe my eyes....my usual mall outing is around 2000 steps, or (with my size steps) 0.8 miles. Well, when I got home my pedometer read.....12,169 steps!!! AHHH!!! That's OVER 5.5 miles!!! I probably burned off half of my "bad" lunch!! I do feel guilty about my lunch, but I made some smart choices based on what was there. All the other choices were things like A&W, McDonalds, Taco Time, etc...Well, I never said I couldn't have Chinese food! And, it was a belated birthday outing...and that meal was the worst thing I've eaten the the last 6 weeks. I've decided after my last couple weeks I earned the right to not feel guilty about that food! Or maybe all that walking was a point for me as well, lol. Well, I'm off....I think I need to go to bed early, lol!
Have a good one, and stay OP!

Melissa
Vilandra485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:43 PM   #10  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Not much to say and I am not feeling up for personals today. I think it is because of being at work all day I don't feel much like sitting at the computer in the evening. My leg where they made the incision is hurting a bit and I don't want to aggravate it.

But, I just had to say . . .

Maria Lucia - it is so good to see you back!!!
NotTheCheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Hi Ladies,

Well, Hubby and I just got home from making an offer on one of the places we saw. It is on 5 acres with a brand new house. The house is shaped so strangely but it is nice and new. We will be making a few changes when we are there a while and have the money. The owners have until Friday the 30th to let us know if they except our offer or not. We'll just have to see. We are already approved for the loan so we may be able to close around the 28th of July if the accept our offer. That seems so quick to m. LOL. I do hate moving but, at least I didn't unpack much since we have been here. Mainly kitchen, bathroom etc. It will be nice to see my stuff again.

My Ortho appointment went well but I got so upset because not one chair in the waiting room could I fit my fat butt into. It is so humiliating and I got a bit down over it after all the hard work I have been doing to still have this problem. I guess I thouhgt it would go away over night. I went directly to TAco Bell after wards and ate stuff not on my plan. I confessed it to my good friend Ammi who is such a doll she helped me right back up and I started this day with giong to Curves and it is almost bedtime and I haven't eaten anything not op. I just love the support I get here from all of you.

To all the Loosers: Congrats. IF you are gaining or struggling, Big hugs.

So happy to see Marialucia, Lilion and Suemarie back with us. You were very missed. Kind of like a part of your family is missing.

Blessings all and thank you so much for always giving me support, encouragment and love. I appreciate you all so much and don't know what I will do without you.

Annie
dogpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:43 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie, I hope you get the house, and well after being upset with the chair incident it must have been SO EASY to slip off plan.xx You pulled it back and exercised and go back ON PLAN, it's just a hicough. I know you are getting there this time.
Maria, wow I wish some of your enthusiasm for exercise would rub off on me! I'm really pleased you are back and I hope you get the job you deserve!xx
Nancy, I hope you are feeling better soon, and try and rest!xxx
Ammi I will try & catch you on msn later. You are really doing so well, are you still sore? lolxxx
Crock & Kayley I enjoyed our 4-way chat with Ammi yesterday, you two are such an inspiration to me, if I do HALF as good as either of you I will be pleased!!!!xxxxx
I had 6 prawn crackers last night, I don't know why, apart from the fact that hubby bought them! I was hungry AND tired and fed up so..... BUT today's another day and it was a little slip, I'm just cooking some breakfast quiches-it's 9.38am here- so a good start to the day!!
Lilion, well we all do it sometime, a gain, you'll lose it soon, I'm sure!xx
Valerie, I hope your trip goes well and one day I may take you up on that offer!!!!xx
Red hot Momma, welcome backxx
Patti, that pound WILL be gone!!!! and maybe another?xx
gotta go, I don't want BURNT quiches!
xxxsharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:57 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Just a quick drive by

Wednesday's wish list
today is very easy i wish the rain would go away life here is very wet we are having a lot of flooding there is a couple places were it looks like the Gondolas in Italy LOL luckily for me we are not getting water into my apartment YET i am watching the local news now and it is all this road is closed this town is evacuated and so on and so forth just a major mess.
My summer job is going OK other then i am driving for some local camps (3) and these poor kids came in on Saturday and have been wet since they have arrived and poor kids look like ducks walking around in rubber boots and dripping i am driving the kids for horseback riding lessons you can not ride a horse very well in the rain when you do not know what you are doing . so i was canceled yesterday early i would not be surprised if i do not have any work today ......
Rain Rain go away come back another day

also i did not get to my weight watchers meeting yesterday had to work #soapbox# i will be going to my daughters meeting Thursday night I do not know if i will weight in because going to a night meeting i know that i will be up but if i am working during the day for the summer i will have to switch to a night meeting so i will have to weight in at night sometime
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:14 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Here it is Wednesday! Hope all of you have a good day and have lots of weight loss success! LOL someone needs to... it sure hasn't been me lately!!!
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #15  
South Beach Life Style

Gooood Morning ladies,,

I am up, and there is a thick fog outside, it got cool enought last night I had to throw an extra blanket on the bed,, IT is freaken JUNE people.. where is SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Mandy is here with me.. She called yesterday and wanted to come up and stay for a few days, I have not been to Kims for a bit,,((( still the birthday thing))).. I just dont want to go down, When I go see Austin ((4 yrs old)) and when I get ready to leave he cries and his dad busts his *** for it, so that makes me feel bad, so the DAD is home now and not working, so I am not going down there for a while.. I do, however, want Austin to come to my house on Friday.. He is a sweetie.. Mandy is still sleeping. She did not go to bed untill two or three this morning... Talk to some of you later..
MsCrockett is offline   Reply With Quote