Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#939

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'8.5"

LOL I admit I am laughing a bit as I read the suggested topics list and prepare for motivational Monday. The only "motivation" I am feeling right now is I WANT a visit from that darned fairy fat mother!!! She had best make her way to the Left Coast tonight!!! Before I REALLY get mad!!!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 PM   #3  

Sharon: We want property so we can get some horses again, have some privacy, grow veggies etc. We love having land.

Crock: Whoop Whoop. Congrats on your -2 pounds!

Ammi: You are really going to town on your Gazelle. I'm so proud of you. House hunting is going okay. We just want to get the type of home we want for the kind of payment we are going to have so, if it isn't close to what we would like, we are not getting it.We didn't get to see the house with 3600 square feet yet. We will see it tomorrow at 6 p.m. I'll let you know what we think.

Xena: Ooooo a pedicure sounds so nice. I hate my big feet so much that I haven't ever had one. I know I'd love it if I would just give in and do it. Maybe for one of my goals on loosing weight I will reward myself with one. Have fun getting yours.

Nancy: Don't over do things sweetie. Let your body heal. Glad you are feeling better though.

Teahoney: Wahoooo to you girl! Congrats on the -3. Great job.

Val: YOu will be so missed when you are on the truck. Be safe and I'm so glad that you posted your promises here. Take care of yourself.

Kayley: I blush. LOL. I have lots of those NSV goals that a lady doesn't discuss. LOL Good for you doll.

Melissa: Big hugs to you. So sorry you aren't able to sleep lately and for the pink eye too. That is awful. I hope it goes away real soon.

Wyllen: You are so close to the 1's. I can't wait until you get there. I know it will be soon.

Patty, Zelma, Julie, everyone else, hope you are well and staying op. Blessings to you all,
Annie
Old 06-25-2006, 11:41 PM   #4  

OOps, we must have been posting around the same time Misti. Hi and I here ya on that Fairy fat mother deal. LOL. Blessings
Annie
Old 06-26-2006, 04:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Annie, I AM SO JEALOUS!! I would love a horse but until I start work it would strain the finances too much with the costs of stabling, grazing, shoeing and vet's bills. Don't know about growing veg though!!!! I love growing stuff from seed but get bored when the plants are big and covered in flies/pests!!! lol!
Nancy, glad you got out for a meal AND EATING GOOD TOO!!!!xxx You should be proud of yourself, coping well after an op and I bet you'll see a loss very soonxxxxx
Xena, still no new tv? Still I bet the pedicure makes up for it, was someone coming to do it for you at home, you going to a salon OR a DIY at home? Either way it's still a nice NON-FATTENING treat!!! About the eating/hunger thing, this is going to sound WEIRD!!!! but there was a programme on tv where people were regressed through hypnotism, a womam had the same problem as you, she was terrified of hunger & hoarded loads of food as well as struggling with her weight, she always carried food around with her in her bag if she was out somewhere. It turns out in a previous 'life' she was a man who watched his children, then his wife starve to death, then he died soon after, it was really sad, BUT GOOD NEWS !!! once this was out in the open she managed to stop hoarding, carrying food around with her AND lose weight!!!! I SAID IT WAS WEIRD!!!!
TRACEY!!! Wow, see you're losing aleady, I bet it feels SO GOOD!!!XXXX
Ammi, hope you see ANOTHER good loss!!!!!xxx All that gardening AND exercise, I bet you are aching today, lol!!!
Kayley, nookie all night long? (for a guess at your NSV!!) Well it does burn off a heap of calories!!!! You are really getting that fat off girl!!! Can't wait to see what your Aunt thinks. Have your parents/friends/college friends noticed your weight-loss much?
Valerie, I hope you manage to eat OP and get some exercise in whilst you're away. I wish I lived near you, I'd ride your horses while you're away, if they could carry my weight, I'd even pay for the privilege!!!xxxx
I think I remembered everyone, I'll go back to the last thread & check. Had an OP week-end, no exercise but I'm walking into town, then the Doc's, home then taking Aiden to visit his nursery school, which he starts in Sept. He's doing really well without nappies, on the bribe that he gets a Dr Who & cyberman dolls/figures (which are really part of his birthday present BUT he know babies don't have /watch DR Who!!!) for being a BIG BOY!! So he'll be at nursery all afternoon, don't know if I have to go or stay with him, he's really excited about it.
I'm dreading the Doc's, though the one I'm seeing is really nice (and I feel ok today, no feeling down at all) but IF he gives me meds will they make me ill, feel weird, gain weight etc, etc...? Fingers crossed, looking back, the snappiness, waking up really early even though I'm tired, lethargy and then black moods point to depression. It's hard admitting it to myself and there's no real reason for it, I pretty well physically, we have no money worries, Steve is a good father, husband & provider (apart from the name calling, which I usually get him back twice as bad when I'm mentally 'well') so admiting 'weakness' feels like I'm losing a battle, I can't cope with everyday life!
No more ranting, sorry, hope you are all well & feeling good, bye,
xxxsharon

Last edited by voodoo1; 06-26-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:46 AM   #6  

Misti, sory I forgot you, as long as you are keeping to plan & exercising the weight HAS to come off, it might all come off in one go, a big loss. Here's hoping for youxxx
xxxsharon
Old 06-26-2006, 07:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

It was such a hot muggy night last night that I didn't sleep much at all. So this morning I did something I haven't done in a long time, went straight back to bed once the kids had left for school. I slept a couple of hours and now I am here catching up with everybody, then it will be exercise and then lunch time.

I weighed this morning and I have lost another 2 lbs. I must remember to change my ticker after this

Melissa - I am sorry to hear that you have pink eye to add to your health problems lately, but kudos to you for sticking OP with your eating. It would be so easy to just say forget dieting while you feel like rubbish, I think I would do that, so well done on staying strong.

How did your BFs boyfriend go in the short time he was actually at home yesterday?

Xena - are you figuring out all that stuff about yourself, by yourself, or have you ever had counselling? Would you consider counselling now? Do you think it might help you more with your diet to speak to somebody about how you used to be and how it effects you now? Maybe you could do what Sharon talked about and see a hypnotist? Me, I am too strong willed to be hypnotised, I tried it once and I think I was so cynical that it just wouldn't happen. I would definitely give it a go if I knew it could work.

Valerie - I am not sure when you will get chance to read this, but I have to say I loved the Gazelle Girl comment

Heather (wyllen) - I don't know where all my energy has gone today, I am feeling so lazy. But I am determined to exercise so once I am done here that is what I am going to do. I shall put my music on and that will get me all pumped up and rearing to go I liked your comment on the stone, very cool.

How did your weigh in go today, I hope you have seen the loss you were expecting.

Misti - I think we can all relate to wanting so see the weight come off and wanting it off right now. It's like we are changing our life styles and are feeling good, but we still look in the mirror and see a fat lady in there. We want her gone. If I am honest all my diets tend to fail because I get fed up of how long it takes to lose the weight. I see that fat lady in the mirror and I think oh well it all this dieting isn't doing anything then why bother. Not this time though, this time I am being sensible and telling myself that that fat lady will never go if I keep on giving up. So I am plodding along and will do so until I am happy to look at the person in the mirror.

I am that you will see a loss tomorrow when you weight, plateaus suck!!

Nancy - isn't it amazing how the littlest thing that you used to be able to do then becomes hard work after surgery. I remember the first time I went to shower, the nurse insisited she come with me and I was all annoyed because I didn't think I needed help. But I did, I couldn't even lift my arms to wash my hair, and in the end I had to sit on a chair in the shower because I couldn't stand long enough either. It just shows how much surgery takes it out of you! I am glad you did get to go out though, but also glad you took it easy when you got home.

I hope that you aren't going back to work too soon, couldn't you get any more time off?

Annie - I hope you are feeling up to going back to Curves today and that you don't feel too worn out after your circuit there. I still haven't rung the Curves place here, nor gone to see what the place looks like. I could have done that last week. Oh well I will do it next time we are in town.

Sharon - that is so great that Aiden is having his first visit to the nursery school he will be going to. Don't know about schools there, but even though Beth is deaf the teachers preferred I didn't stay with her on her first day. So I went in the taxi with her, took her to her class room and then I went in the staff room for a few hours. I could have walked to the Mumbles and then gone back for her, but I thought I would rather stay close in case she got upset and needed me. She didn't, She loved it in class and there weren't even any tears when she started to go officially and I had to wave her off at such a tender age in the taxi going to school. I am sure Aiden will love school too, and will really enjoy all the new fun things to do.

As for what you said about feeling like you are weak for possibly needing meds, that's wrong. Have you noticed that since your surgery you have felt worse than ever? Did you know that surgery can cause the chemical imbalance that causes clinical depression. Before when you were feeling down, yes that could have been the problems in life that were making you feel awful, but add clinical depression to that and you can't beat that on your own. Just try the meds, wait a month and if you don't feel any better, go back and get them to change them. They will find one that suits you, and if you tell them you are concerned about weight gain, I am sure they will try to find one with the least instances of that happening.

Okie dokie, I am going to go exercise now, I am feeling hungry too, so hopefully exercising will take my mind off that because it's not lunch time yet. Take care all and bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-26-2006, 07:26 AM   #8  

Ammi WOOHOO FOR ANOTHER 2lbs!!!!!!
Well the Doc gave me a questionnaire to fill in & I go back on Friday, LIKE I DON'T KNOW I'M DEPRESSED!!!!! oh well. I wish I could go to bed too, it's horrible weather isn't it? I hardly slept either, but as the alarm went off I could have easily switched it off & gone back to sleep. Typical, wow you are 37lbs down, soon be 3 STONE!!!! Is this the best you've done recently with weight loss?
bye, gotta take Aiden to visit nursery in 10 mins.
xxxsharon
Old 06-26-2006, 07:29 AM   #9  

way to go Ammi 2 more pounds is so great!glad to see you are enjoying that gazelle. i want to get a recumbent bike soon as i can find one that is not that expensive. i love my treadmill but it sure as hard on my feet!
Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #10  
South Beach Life Style

Good Morning Girls
I have job interview this morning, It is Billing and Coding Day shift, about 45 minutes from home, It will be a while before anyone is hired as the Director has got to post it in house as well, So hopefully the Compensation thing will be over when she hires.. I feel confident about the job, All I need is an interview and with my work record of longevity and such, I should be a good canididate, no experience in Billing and Coding, just College for it.. so everyone wish me luck.... My Man Jeff Gordon won yesterday,, Nascar Nut here. very happy to see him win,, He sure needed it. T[ake Care Everyone.

AMMI~ CONGRATULATIONS MY FRIEND , YOU ARE DOING GREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:04 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8.5"

Good morning, everyone! Well, here it is Monday already! Wow it is has been soooooooooooooooooo hot here.... 91 or higher yesterday here which is very unusual for us Seattle weather wimps. I don't do well at all in heat so am hoping I will be able to get in my walking today, though it will be slower than usual.

Yeh Ammi, I know you are right! These are the things that make us tend to give up but I have NO intention of doing so! This old ticker seems stuck and like it will never move to the right but I am going to beat it over there LOL. Eventually the Fairy Fat Mother HAS to make her rounds on the Left Coast.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Ammi -- WTG on another loss! 2 more pounds is excellent! I lost a pound too. I wasn't sure about it, so I am happy. My weight loss is definitely slowing. It's harder to have a deficit now that I weigh less. I'm working on finding other nsvs (like your working in the yard the other day).

Misti -- Yah, I hear you on the whole, Still feel fat thing. Some days I'm starting to feel... well, not thin, but just "not obese" (even though I am)... but keeping on doing what I'm doing is the best way to go. Good luck with the Fairy Fat Mother I know she'll make a visit some day!
Old 06-26-2006, 08:28 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Sharon - WOW I didn't think of it like that, nearly 3 stone gone!! No I have never done this good, not in one single diet of my entire life!! The most I have lost is 30 lbs, then went and gained it all back again more times than I can count. Just 5 more lbs til 3 stone gone, I can't get over it. I am so used to talking in lbs now that it just didn't register

How STUPID is it that you have to fill in a questionnaire and then go back on Friday. When I went to my doctor initially I just told her how I felt, and that coupled with the fact I had had such life changing surgery made her realise then and there I had depression. No need for silly forms and ANOTHER trip to the doctors 4 days later. Does he think in 4 days you'll be all better and not bother going back or what

Crock - do you have as much fun putting those smileys on your posts as I do seeing them? Thanks for putting in the effort

Good luck with that job interview, I just hope that over there they aren't like over here when it comes to advertising jobs. By law they have to advertise externally but if it's a job that somebody already working there wants, they are always the one to get it. Let's hope you knock their socks off and that they want you more than any internal applicant

Misti - if that fairy fat mother doesn't call to you this week I am going to take her wand and stick it somewhere not nice SO she better turn up for you!

Patti - thanks for the congrats. Hopefully I will be soon congratulating you on getting into Twotown!!

That's great that you hope to get a recumbant bike, hope you don't get a numb butt from sitting on it too long though I would love one of those, but I don't have the money, or the space for one, and even if I did, I couldn't ride it anyway because of the surgery I had. Sitting, even on something soft, for any length of time always has me ending up very uncomfortable. Feels like I am sitting on a load of rocks. Ouchies. So no exercise bikes for me, which is why I am so glad I can do the Gazelle.

Heather (wyllen) - on the 1 lb loss. I know you said the weight loss is slowing down now, but you know what they say, 'slow and steady wins the race'

Time to go do some housework now, a woman's job is never done Take care all, and once again, bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 06-26-2006, 09:03 AM   #14  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Ammi - The weight is just flying off of you girl. You are doing great.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:11 AM   #15  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone,

I’m WAY behind on posts, but I’ve only gone back a couple of threads to catch up. If I went back any further I would be here all night reading them.

This past week has just been SO hectic, with student reports and student teacher reports. I felt brain-dead by the end of the week. I think that mental exhaustion is worse than physical exhaustion. I had been doing really well, nap-wise, for a week and a half, but I think it all caught up to me yesterday. I had a sleep for an hour and a half! I still think that the B12 are probably doing their job, and that the sleep was just needed after all that I had been doing.

I had an achy back yesterday and it is still not right today. I didn’t even go on the treadmill this morning, as I didn’t want to hurt my back and I also wanted to sleep in a little because I didn’t sleep as well as I would have liked last night. That is unusual for me, as I have been sleeping pretty solidly lately. I am actually an 8 hour-a-night person, but usually only manage 7 hours. I think that is why I needed to do some catching up yesterday too. Anyway… I still managed to walk to and from school and do 20 mins of laps of the oval with the kids, but I kinda feel a little bad about not actually working out this morning. I’ll have to see how I am feeling tomorrow. I know it’s not the end of the world if I have a few days’ rest, but I usually really enjoy my morning workouts. There are SO many bugs going around, that it wouldn’t surprise me if I’ve picked up a touch of something.

Last week ended pretty well. We had a combination Pizza Party morning tea, Pirate Party lunch and a Math Game afternoon. The pizza party morning tea was because we have been adding our laps and working out the total distance covered and we walked across Italy. Now we are aiming to walk across Mexico and we will have nachos and a piñata as our reward. I try to make healthy versions of our rewards so it educates the kids as well as rewards them. I don’t use food as a reward at any other time, so I don’t mind a couple of these a year.

The pirate party and math games afternoon was because it was my student teacher’s last day. It has been wonderful having her in the room, but I am VERY happy to have my class back. I need to get back into something a little more active.

The past weekend was pretty normal. Just lots of shopping and lots of walking.

Just two more weeks until we have a two-week break. I think I am looking forward to that, although I am not really sure where this term has disappeared to.

Now, to do a little catching up.

Kayley – I am SO glad that your new job seems to be going so well. You sound so happy. I know that they will certainly be lucky to have you there. I hope that you can fit it in nicely when you start back with your studies.
Have you had to face Dr Jekyll yet? It was nice of him to warn you, rather than surprise you this week.
It is great that you get some work clothes paid for. Is there a limit, or could you stock up on smaller sizes for after you turn 21 and the funds aren’t available? I suppose that would be cheating huh?
Well done on the continued weight loss as well. You have done such a fantastic job since you started. I was a little worried that all the exercise you have been doing may have caused you to stall for a while, but you seem to be doing well, so I guess you are doing everything right. I just know that when I was over-exercising I ended up stalling, but I was also close to goal, so that may have been part of the problem.
My chiropractor would strangle me if I wore heels like the ones you mentioned I think. Mind you, I would probably fall and break my neck before he even had a chance to get his hands around it. I have enough trouble on little half inch ones, let alone 3 or more inches. I don’t think it matters what weight I am, I am just not good on heels.

Ammi – I love your latest photos! The one of you is lovely and the places you visit seem just wonderful. You should be thrilled with your weight loss! You can certainly see the difference.
I am VERY impressed with the time you are putting on your Gazelle Rider. I’m not even sure what one of those looks like, but I would imagine it would burn up a fair bit of energy. (Oh, and well done on being able to workout longer than Daren)
Great job on getting all that gardening done! I have to admit that Neil is the gardener in this family. I still have trouble getting on my knees, so he has to do the weeding. I do prune the roses now and then, but he usually beats me to it.

SueMarie – I hope you are feeling better. It sounds as though you got a really good dose of bronchitis. I wouldn’t imagine that would be much fun. You seem to be doing all the right things to look after yourself, so fingers crossed that you will be feeling 100% soon.

Luan – Your summer timetable sounds pretty full. I hope that all turns out to be simply wonderful and you enjoy every minute! I’m glad you’ve decided to rejoin the gym. I’m not a gym person, but I know many people who love their gym time and miss it if they can’t go.

Crock – I am personally amazed at the ignorance of those doctors. I can’t understand how they can tell you that they agree that something is wrong, but nobody will give you a straight answer as far as a true diagnosis or ‘fix’ goes. Just how much pain and suffering do you have to endure before someone will sit up and take notice. I know that they probably just think that you need a letter to be able to stay off work, but obviously you would like something DONE about it all, and they don’t seem to be listening. I can’t even think of any suggestions for where you can head from here, because it seems as though you have tried all the avenues. It must be SO frustrating for you. And what an enormous waste of your time and energy to travel to see someone who just tells you the same as everyone else. Perhaps next time you need to ask when you make the appointment if this person can actually HELP you, not just repeat the same old thing.
Don’t you just want to ‘smack’ people sometimes? Fancy your mom talking about the food at the gathering when she KNOWS that you are watching what you eat. Even though you are so set into your healthy lifestyle now that you wouldn’t be tempted, it still wasn’t very considerate of her to mention it.

Sharon – I’m REALLY sorry that Steve hasn’t been treating you as well as you deserve lately. I know that we all often have problems with our spouses, but it should never break down to name calling and making personal jibes. Or if it does come to that, an apology you follow VERY quickly. I know that you feel as though you are perhaps being overly sensitive because of the state of mind you are in at the moment, but I don’t think I would like to be treated like that no matter how I was feeling. In fact, I would hope that those who loved me would be even MORE aware of my emotions and would be saying nicer things, rather than being nasty to me. Still, I don’t really know your situation, so I probably shouldn’t be putting my nose where it doesn’t belong. I just care about you. You seem like such a loving person, and I hate to think that you are being treated with anything less than the respect you deserve. I hope that the talk you had, about seeing a divorce lawyer, was the kick in the pants that he needed to wake up to himself.
I think it is unbelievable that your doctor wouldn’t see you sooner, even when you told him how you were seriously feeling. I know that you said you wouldn’t consider doing anything ‘silly’, but HE doesn’t know that and I would think he would want to be a little more considerate and careful about his patients. I hope you get some success from seeing him on Monday. Oh… just saw your latest post. I am surprised that he gave you a questionnaire to fill in, rather than just talk to you. Oh well, hopefully you’ll get some results at the next visit.

Lilion – I’m glad you had such a great time at the medieval week. I’m sure the tent looks fantastic and is WELL worth the money. I’m afraid that the only way you would get me in a tent was if it had a built in bathroom/shower/spa. Not that I’m asking too much, but I just DON’T like roughing it. Pathetic huh?
What does your renaissance festival entail? Other than lots of hard work.

Mary – It is great to see you. I have to agree that you are MAD for enjoying driving a school bus. I only have to put up with 21 of them all day, but I am VERY happy to see them leave at 3pm. They always seem to have too much energy left at the end of the day and that is when YOU get them. And you certainly get more than 21 of them! I take my hat off to you.
I’m glad you’re not giving up on the journey to a better lifestyle. It is SO worth it! Hopefully you’ll soon be able to kick those 10lbs in the rear end and wave goodbye to them and a few of their friends.
I’m not a parent, but I would imagine it is heartbreaking when your daughter is unhappy about her weight. I hope you find some way to inspire her to lose weight. It really has to come from inside though, so you won’t be able to ‘tell’ her what to do, just guide her and be a great example. I know you already know that, but I don’t have any words of wisdom to offer you, so I just sprouted off the usual ‘guff’.

Melissa – I am in awe that you can paint your toenails… breathing or not breathing. I had to lose a LOT of weight to be able to do that. Mind you, I am not flexible in the least, so that doesn’t help. I’m STILL not flexible, so toenail painting still isn’t my favourite thing to do. I haven’t quite been able to convince hubby to do it either yet. There is still time though.
How is the cold going? I hope that you are feeling 100% soon.
You asked about treat foods. Mine are icecream and licorice. I have both almost every day. My dietitian friend said I could have them and I am taking her word for it. I have limited portions, but I probably should still have a break from them. I have the icecream with some fruit for my afternoon snack and I have the licorice with lunch. It seems to help my ‘system’ work better. Saves money on other ‘plumbing’ mixtures.
I wouldn’t imagine that pinkeye is much fun. I hope it gets better soon.

Valerie – I am keeping my fingers crossed that you will be home for the July 4th weekend. How do you normally celebrate that weekend if you are home? We don’t have anything that big over here. We DO have things like Australia Day and Foundation Day, but we just don’t seem to get into them as much as you guys do. I wish we did.
Good luck on sticking with your plan for a healthy lifestyle while you are away. I’m sure you can do it!
Oh… did hubby notice the new hairdo and the makeup? I hope he had something nice to say. Even if he didn’t, I’m sure you felt like a million dollars.
I certainly hear you about the drinking and bathroom visits! I know that I don’t drink anywhere NEAR enough, but I am just sick and tired of going to the bathroom all the time. I must get enough liquid from the fruit and veggies I eat, because I still go an awful LOT.

Nancy – It sounds as though you are recovering nicely from the op. I’m glad you are having time to relax before you head back to work. It will certainly be a bonus to have a short week coming up, so you don’t overtax yourself too soon.
Well done on making it to the 200s!!!!!!! You must have an enormous smile on your face with that accomplishment.
I’m glad you had a lovely day out today, but I hope you didn’t over do it at all. It is great that you’ll have some spare time on your hands to fix your lunches for a while. Perhaps you will learn some shortcuts so you will be able to keep it up even when you are back exercising again.

Annie – I am sorry you are feeling so rotten. I can understand getting those sorts of bugs in winter – we currently have a LOT of them going around – but you don’t want to spend your summer wasting your time being sick. I hope you see an improvement really soon.
It truly is great that you are missing being able to do the exercise. That is a major mindset to get into, and you are certainly there!
Good luck with the house hunting. I can’t wait to hear what each place is like. I would go for the larger place myself, but that is only because I have so much ‘junk’ to have to fit in.

Patti – I wouldn’t worry at all about the one pound gain (I know you are not really worried anyway). As you said, it is that time of the month, so you can expect a gain. I wish my cycle would settle itself down so I knew when to expect a gain. I have sat at a slightly higher weight for a couple of weeks now, but no sign of TOM. I may just have to accept that this is my winter weight. We’ll have to see.
Oh… just checked another post and that pound has already disappeared, and he took a friend with him which is an added bonus!

Tracey – You are definitely allowed to spend some time ‘wallowing’ as long as you remember that we all care about you and want to hear how you are doing, even if it is just to let us know that you are not up to par at the moment. I hope that you feel better soon, but in the meantime, just we are here, for the highs and the lows.
I agree with you about the vegetables. I have never hated vegetables, but I had the few that I would always have, and I didn’t really vary much. Now I would have a minimum of 6 different vegetables every day, with up to 8 or 9 on some days. I have such a great mixture in my salads. I have recently been microwaving my vegetables and tossing a little sweet chili sauce through at the end. YUM!
I hope things cool down for you soon, so you are more comfortable when you exercise. Well done on the great loss! I hope you see many more of them.

Xena – Is your ESL class adults or kids/teenagers? I can’t remember if you’ve said before.
Is the concert on any other night, or was Friday the only night you could go? Sorry if you missed it altogether. I hope your class was good for you if you missed a concert to work with them.
Don’t you just love it when an expense comes up that you really didn’t expect and you REALLY don’t ‘need’ to replace whatever is broken, but it would certainly be nice? As you said, you do have a TV, just a small one, and a bigger one would be nice, but can you justify spending the money on it at the moment? I always prefer if I can ‘plan’ to buy something like that, not be forced to.
Have you made any decision about the trainer? I’ve never really thought about having a personal trainer, but then I don’t go to gyms, and I’m not sure how much it would cost to have one come to your home.
I’m not sure how many points there are in a brownie, but it sounds like you had a few to get in those 12 points. I don’t know how you had the strength to throw the rest out though. I am REALLY bad at throwing good food out. That is why I only like having healthy food away, so it doesn’t matter that much if I eat it. I just couldn’t bring myself to throw any out I don’t think. I AM getting good at giving ‘treat’ food away though. Our neighbours love it when people give us chocolates, because they usually end up with some.

Idril – Flip flops (or thongs as we call them over here) are basically an Aussie icon, and I lived in them as a kid I think, but I can’t wear them much now. I think I just have to ‘toughen’ up a little, but I get blisters between my toes where they rub. I wish I could wear them more, especially in the hotter months.
It must have been so wonderful to have your dad notice that you have lost weight. My parents are really pleased that I have lost so much weight, but it only seems to make the fact that they were NOT proud of me ‘before’ stand out more. That could just be the weird way I think, but I truly don’t think that they were very proud of me before. Maybe I should get the courage to actually sit and talk with them about it one day, rather than let it fester and having it poison our relationship. Anyway… I kind of digressed. It is great that your dad noticed and it is also great that you are down another 3 pounds. Well done!

Misti – Sorry to hear that the thrift store visit wasn’t as productive as you’d hoped it would be. I took a lot of my largest clothes to the local thrift store, but the next sizes down have gone to my dietitian friend for some of her patients. She has passed clothes down to me, so I thought this was a great way to ‘recycle’ clothes. Especially seeing as I only wore some of them for such a short while. I hope you can find somewhere to get some clothes. I know that I spent WAY too much on clothes when I was traveling down in sizes.
You said you drove TO Seattle. Where are you in relation to the city? We stayed there for a week last October when hubby went to a Microsoft summit. We stayed at the Westin. On the 23rd floor, which was absolutely delightful until the elevator broke down and we were on the 8th floor! I walked a few, but couldn’t do any more and thankfully the elevator started working again shortly after that. I have no idea what I would have done if I hadn’t already lost a LOT of weight before that. I don’t think I would have even made it up ONE flight of stairs.

Mel – It is certainly good that you love your job, or you would have given it up ages ago due to stress! They certainly get their money’s worth out of you. I bet you can’t wait for it all to settle down a little. Or do you actually prefer it to be busier… just maybe not THIS busy.
Well done on the great loss! It is wonderful that you can still stay OP even when you are so busy.

Well, I think that’s all from me. Almost… I took my ginger ale scones into work today and they were devoured in just a few minutes! So they must have been pretty good huh?

Take care all,

Zelma
Closed Thread