Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 11:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Default 300+ And Ready to Try Again...#905

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 11:56 AM   #2  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

hehe CRAP machine... I like it! Thats how I felt about it this morning! I didn't sleep well and had a migraine when I got up. Again I woke up with the face mask stuck in the drawer not on my face where it was supposed to be. I am tired and cranky, didn't go to the gym because I had a headache and also slept in. Oh well, maybe tomorrow will be a better day!

As for the AI, well, I am now boycotting it *L* Chris should be there and the fact that he isn't has my husband convinced that the whole thing is rigged A lady at work and I had a moment of silence in Chris' honour last night... yeah, we need a life!

OK girls... time to go and enjoy the rest of my time before I head to work... 5 more days till freedom!

ooh before I forget, the question re. the CRAP machine () well it is used to treat sleep apneoa. I stop breathing in my sleep and my body wakes gasping for breath and continually wakes me therefore gets less "restful" sleep.

TA TA
Brenda
Old 05-12-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Misti - to save me being lazy, can you tell me where the AI thread is that you are talking about. I wouldn't mind going over there and saying how wonderful I think Taylor and Elliott are

Patti - I hope you are as cool as you seem about not seeing a loss this week. You are right that you are bound to see one next week, or even sooner if you can't resist a peak on those scales

Zelma - lovely to hear from you. I am SO sorry that you have to go have that punch biopsy done again. I think you really need to be firm with the doctor or the nurse or whoever and tell them that you KNOW that your body takes longer to feel the effects of anaesthetic and that as you felt some of the last procedure you really want to have more time for it to take effect before you have an even bigger sample taken. When I had my 3rd surgery I was really scared because during my second surgery, or I thought it was during it, I started to wake up!! I didn't feel any pain, but I was terrified because I thought I was awake on the operating table and because of the drug they give you to paralyse you I couldn't even move a finger to let them know I was awake. Thankfully I heard someone say, she's waking up, and then I was out like a light. When I went in for my third surgery and the anaesthetist came to see me I told him what happened. He said I wasn't on the table, I was in the anaesthetic room, and it was taking them a LONG time to get me to go to sleep. I was fighting it all the way apparently. So this time they knew what happened and they adjusted all the meds accordingly, and I went off to sleep no problem. So the point of that whole load of waffle was to make sure you TELL them what happened and that you aren't prepared to go through any pain this time around.

Yes you are right I do have a smile on my face a lot more these days, and it feels wonderful. The kids are noticing my better mood, and Daren can't help but notice it because I am back to the playful person I was when we first met. I am so glad I decided to tell the doctor how bad I had been feeling and that she changed my meds. Life is so much better now, and it sure does make having the willpower to diet much easier

Nancy - I hope you will have a wonderful holiday, and that you do get to post, just a little during that week to let us know you are enjoying yourself

I travelled to Vegas 4 years ago, I guess I was about 270 lbs. We had a jumbo jet to get from the UK to San Francisco, and then just a small United Airlines domestic flight size plane from there to Vegas. I didn't need to go to the loo on the small plane so I can't tell you what the loos are like. But I do know that on the bigger plane there are two loos with an alley between them. I just about fit in the one toilet, and used it quite a few times, it wasn't a tight fit, but let's put it this way joining the mile high club in there would have been impossible lol. But then on my very last trip to the loo, the toilet I had used for the whole flight was engaged, so I used the other one, and it was much bigger than the other one. Why oh why didn't I use that one first lol. Anyway, my advice to you would be to check out the size of any available loos before you decide which one to use and that I would think you will fit in there ok even if you do get a small one.

Cyn - it's lovely when the weather finally gets hot isn't it. Shame you never go to go for a stroll.

So you aren't an Elliott fan, oh well, I forgive you LOL who do you want to win the show now that Chris is out then?

Lori - it's ok about 'blabbing' about AI I had pretty much guessed it was him from all the clues I had. I don't mind knowing because at least now if I see Elliot or Taylor make any mistakes I don't have to worry that they are going to end up getting kicked out because of it!

You know I have lived in Swansea for 18 years now, and it's only in the last 46 years that I have been enjoying the beaches here. When I was married to my ex he hated the beach and would never take me. I didn't think to go on my own lol. Then when I was divorced I did take Beth a few times, but when I met Daren that's when we really started to enjoy going to the beach. Of course then I got sick, and ironically the view from the hospital window was of the very bay that I was too sick to go to. I was not amused. It's taken me about 2 years to feel up to going again, and yesterday was the first time in that long that we went. It was a wonderful day. It's a shame you live so far from the sea, but at least when you do go you really really love it and appreciate it.

I think it's so great that your meds are having such a good effect on you. It's wonderful that you are starting to do stuff like your nails again. I know how you feel, yesterday I spent a bomb on clips and the such for my hair so I can get it looking pretty while I am growing it longer Yay for you, me and Annie for finally feeling human again

I love the two photos you have on your posts, your little girls look darling. And yes, your AJ looks so sweet. It's no wonder that people took him seriously when he said what he did, you would never dream from looking at him what problems he has.

Crock - I should get in touch with some fishing enthusiasts who might want to get involved in making a loooooong fishing rod as a guiness book of records attempt LOL. Now I just need the directions to your fave fishing hole, then I can make allowances for the journey there and add to the length lol. Oh how silly can one person be

Brenda - sorry to hear you had a bad night with the CRAP, um I mean CPAP machine last night. I am sure it must take some time to get used to. I know it's such an important machine, but it would drive me nuts having to wear that mask. I hope that you have a better night's sleep tonight.

Oh NO you can't stop watching Idol, you have to watch now just to see who does win, surely you have a fave out of the ones that are left. Personally I think Chris was probably voted off because he out of all of them probably has the best chance of making it on his own, without winning Idol. I don't think it was a fix, although sometimes you do have to wonder what people were thinking when they voted. When Fantasia nearly got voted out one week in that AI I was floored. I could not believe that she was in the bottom two. Crazy Americans is all I said

Okie dokie, it's that time again, time to cook tea. Take care all and I shall be back tonight with my opinion on AI

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 05-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi~ looks like I missed you on Yahoo.. darnit..... I hear ya on the voting, I wonder what people are thinking..Paula even was crying over Chris' departure. and Randy and Simon were shocked..... very dramatic ending in MY book... ( make sure all reading understand that it is MY opinion) shewww,,
Old 05-12-2006, 12:19 PM   #5  

Ammi would i cheat and step on those scales/ you betcha i would! i know i will have a loss next week i can feel it coming on!
Old 05-12-2006, 01:00 PM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi~ I think that would be a grand idea for the guiness book of world records.. could you imagine that,, This is not silly compared to what is in the book....... ya know?

Brenda~ Hello... Keep on track.. just jump right back on the wagon..

toofatforu~ Man you get a lot of excercise just due to the scale addiction. you aught add up your steps to do that everyday.. impliment it in your excercise.LOL...... I will be looking for a loss from you next week,,,chin up..
Old 05-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #7  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Default Inspiration

Hello Folks,

Sorry I haven't been around - been hecka busy and then yesterday was my birthday, so i was out all day.

I haven't read the past threads, and will make time to do so over the weekend. I also need to post my exercise for the week on the exercise thread.

In the meantime, I wanted to post an article I found in my inbox. It really gave me LOTS to think about this morning. I see myself and my previos patterns in some of the items below - like "fear of or resistance to growing up and becoming a full adult" which has been true for me until this year when I've tackled that one head-on; and, I see myself and the things I still have to work on (being excessively self-critical of myself, for example) in other items. Profoundly inspiring, I think! And a great roadmap for my continued journey.

I will catch up with y'all soon! In the meantime, I send you well wishes and lots of Birthday Spakle Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDIETS

22 Reasons You Might Be Fat Forever

Are you frustrated with being overweight, and you don't know what to do? Usually we tell you what you need to do, but here's a twist: We're here with 22 reasons why you're failing to make progress. Don't take it as a scolding, but as inspiration to get the job done.

1. You are still looking for a quick and easy solution to weight loss.

2. You think that diet and exercise are the only essential factors involved in weight loss.

3. You have not identified the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

4. You have not learned to manage or heal the psychological reasons that drive your eating patterns.

5. You have a fear of or resistance to growing up and becoming a full adult.

6. You use food as a reward or a treat after any or all stressful events.

7. You think you can lose weight without making exercise a regular part of your day, every day.

8. You think you can lose weight by doing it “your way.”

9. You expect to lose weight without making significant lifestyle changes.

10. You refuse to learn to become a good receiver as well as a good giver.

11. You have never learned to be effectively and appropriately assertive.

12. You have not learned to express your anger in a healthy, honest fashion.

13. You have not learned to be self-nurturing except with food.

14. You are excessively self-critical.

15. You refuse to take responsibility for your life.

16. You resist learning to love yourself.

17. You resist learning to love your body before it is thin.

18. You have not faced your inner fears of being thin.

19. You are certain that spirituality (a connection to a force greater than you) is irrelevant to weight loss.

20. You think you can lose significant weight without the support of others.

21. You have deep emotional wounds that you refuse to explore and heal.

22. You are not prepared to have weight be an issue that you will have to face each and every day for the rest of your life.

OK, now you have some incredibly important information about yourself and the things that are blocking your weight loss. You now have a choice. You can get depressed and go into avoidance or denial, or you can choose to make a renewed and informed commitment to your growth and well-being. The decision you make could change your life and your body for good!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:47 PM   #8  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Default Catherine ! I Miss You!

Greetings from Eagle Pass, Texas!! Where the menu selections are Mexican, Mexican, fried chicken, and Mexican… we decided to go for the Mexican. (Past experience has taught me that if the cook speaks Spanish, you’re a fool to order Italian or Chinese!)

Well, If Simon ever dies right there on the floor, I'll never know it. He always sleeps with his belly and all four feeties in the air! He's still gimpy on that one paw. I'm such a bad mom.

I hope AIDEN & AUSTIN are both feeling better!!!

Whoop, WHOOP! ANNIE! That’s so cool about you already improving and excelling on your Curves workouts!!! And talking nice to yourself is DEFINITELY a good thing! I was walking uphill leading Aubrey (14) on her crazy mustang a couple weeks ago and I said “Slow down horse, I’m a fat old lady and I can’t go that fast.” Aubrey told me to stop calling myself things like that. She’s right, but I also made more of an effort to keep up with the horse, even if I did start panting. I decided the extra workout was better than projecting my own poor self-image… children copy what they see, and I’ve already heard sweet little Aubrey call herself fat more than once. *** I JUST READ: Down 6 MORE pounds!!! WHOOP! WHOOP! WHOOP!!!

LILION – Thanks so much for your support. Actually the 0 to $17,000 is just in the last 2 ½ years. It started with transferring over $10k from his cards to mine and is running downhill. Time to put the breaks on the toboggan tho, huh? *** I hope your arm/cuff pain is better? Glad you’re back to work enforcing justice in your neighborhood!

NANCY – Best wishes on your medical situation and procedure! *** I hear you on the “BROKE.” I had a year where my taxable income was $12. Back in those days I remember living on mac & cheese, and one special time where I saved my money and once treated myself to ANY brand of shampoo I wanted at the drugstore. I must have spent an hour picking one- it was like a vacation. I hope we both get ourselves where we need to be soon. MEN! Can’t live with ‘em and ya just can’t shoot ‘em.

AMMI – Yup, LOL, cut his hands off indeed. Mike (the barn owner) is really a very nice guy, and he’s bent over backwards to be good to my boys. I’m really glad I made the move, even tho it broke my heart to leave Donna’s barn. As for the marriage thing, I always used to joke that it was a mistake that everyone oughta make once.

OK, JULEE – I’ll just back away from the whole Yiddish thing and defer to your far superior knowledge…. I was just of the belief that a putz was someone who was lacking in …”the southern region”… as opposed to having plenty. ***OH MY! I’m sorry about your bad weigh in, but I KNOW you’ll hang in there!! You’ve done SO great, and I know it must get tougher as your weight goes down, but you’re a 3FC leader! You’re a living example of how it CAN be done! So, here’s your choice: Do you want the “hug” smiley or the “kick-butt” smiley??

KAYLEY – Hey! I ordered Phentermine, but like I said, they never shipped it so I cancelled the order. Those are one of the two types of pills I tried and those did give me a little dry-mouth, but they worked. I used to just use them for a day or two to help get back on track when I was really struggling, and since I’m really struggling now with these marital/ economic/ trucking related blues, I was going to use them for a boost. Cheating perhaps, but I figured it was better than failing. I’ll just have to succeed without them!! *** Good luck with your job hunting! I feel for you, being in a similar barrel myself. As for working at Curves, I’ve been to them all over the country, and MANY of their assistants are heavy – often they hire their own customers who have enthusiasm and can relate to and encourage their clientele, rather than some skinny-mini with a holier-than-ham&eggs attitude. OK, and I’ll admit that they (like many programs) sometimes think they’re the only/best way to do it. They’re always happy that I’ve lost 50 pounds, but I always get the feeling that they’re more interested in how much I lost doing the Curves program. YOU are doing fantastic, and THAT is what counts!!!

LORI – I just wrote to Abbi this a.m. – When is her last day of school. Some kids get off in May, others not til later in June. Lemme know! It’s great to see a pic of her beautiful self as well as all your kids – I’m so glad you posted pics! I keep wanting to post pics, but I STILL haven’t figured out how to resize or reduce pixels so that I can. Tell her Hello for me! …What big rose??? I don’t see any rose??

WELCOME BRITTANI!!! WELCOME FATT LADY!!!

Glad you’re back with us MEL! I’m one of those that disappears for a week now & then myself. WHOOP WHOOP!!! On that MINUS 4 and a HALF pounds! That HAS to be a relief!! And certainly reason to celebrate!!! Congrats on breaking thru!

XENI – What a cool thing to teach an ESL class! I think that’s so neat, especially that they want you to come back for the next class! I’ve often thought I’d like to help out in some sort of literacy program or something like that … if I ever get home, that is… *** I hope you are able to get back on track with your diet & exercise & such – I understand how the blues can just derail you one day, one meal at a time. I hope the job situation improves. I’m sure that has an impact.

BRENDA – I’m so glad to hear that your machine is doing the trick (when it’s not in the drawer) to get you a better night’s sleep. More energy is always great! That can have such an impact on your life.

SUE MARIE – The new Gym sounds GREAT! I hope you have a sound system or boom box out in the garage, at least that’s what I’d need to help me rev up.

Yes, ZELMA, You WERE AWOL for a bit. Sorry to hear that you have to go back for another biopsy. Can you tell them to take at least a half pound so it will show up on the scale? At least that would make it a bit more worthwhile <sorry – VERY weak joke> I really hope that they make it totally painless for you!!!

Ooooo, MARIA LUCIA, good article… I know I’m especially bad at #4, 7, 11, 12, 15, 17 & 21. That’s a heck of a list to overcome! BUT! I have faith that I can, in fact, get-r-done! I’m just a whiny little project, ready to be completed! ONWARD!
Old 05-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good Afternoon all. I guess this will be what we refer to as a "flyby" I am doing really well and wanted to say that last night at the Curves meeting it was time for our measurements. I am down since April 19th by 14.5 inches total on my body. I was soooo surprised. I thought it may be about 4 inches total but I lost 4 inches on my belly area alone! I LOVE CURVES. For me it has been so wonderful. After I got measured we had about 38 minutes until class started and I thought to myself, go exercise now. So, I did. I thank all of you for the support, encouragment and especially inspiration to move my body even when I feel tired. It is working. Praise God.

Blessings all,
Dogpal / Annie
Old 05-12-2006, 06:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

ANNIE!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!

I have to admit tears came to my eyes when I read your post - I am SO proud of you and so proud to be your friend - You are truly an inspiration to me!

Much Love,
Lori
Old 05-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #11  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Nancy – I hope you have a fantastic week away. I don’t know anything about your location. Is it somewhere with lots to visit and see, or a place where you can sit back and relax and just watch the world go by?

I have done a little bit of flying at close to my heaviest weight and it certainly wasn’t comfortable in the toilets, but it was doable with a little bit of maneuvering. I’m sure you’ll be fine. I didn’t really have much choice about going to the toilet, because some of our flights were 11+ hours non-stop. I can’t hold on that long!

Lori – I wish you’d had better weather while your hubby was on vacation. I hope you spent his last day doing something nice seeing as the weather was much nicer.
I love the photo of the kids! Yep, AJ looks as though butter wouldn’t melt in his mouth. I hope things have settled a little with the lying situation at school. Did you ever get an apology?

Brenda – Sorry that the CPAP machine isn’t working out as well as you hoped. I don’t know anyone who has used one, so I can’t tell you what to expect, or anything that could help. I just truly hope that you get some comfort from it soon, as I know you were REALLY looking forward to getting it.

Ammi – Yep, I plan on calling Monday morning to ask about getting the injections early. It will give me peace of mind.
You just keep smiling! You waited a long time to feel this good, while you were doing everything right, but facing an uphill battle that you didn’t even know existed.

Cyn - Thank you SO much for that information. It is a relief to know that they may have been telling me the truth about just needing a bigger sample, and not hiding some horrific detail from me. (Talk about being paranoid huh?)

Valerie - You gave me my first chuckle in the last 24 hours, so thank you VERY much! It certainly sounds like a good idea to me. I might as well get some kind of added bonus. Simon must look adorable with that 'dead doggy' sleeping routine. How do you stop yourself from waking him up for a big cuddle when he looks that cute?

Maria Lucia - I am glad that you have just been busy, not having too many problems. I don't think I wished you a happy birthday... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!... a little late, but I hope you had a wonderful day.

Annie - Well done!!!!! That is a lot of inches! You must have been over the moon when you saw those results. Isn't it just wonderful to see your hard work pay off? You always know that you HAVE to do it anyway, but it is certainy a bonus when you see actual numbers proving that it is working.

Well, I’m off to go shopping now. Mostly grocery shopping, with a trip into the city, so you never know what might be purchased by the end of the day.

Have a lovely start to your weekend everyone!

Take care,

Zelma
Old 05-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #12  

Ammi and Brenda... sorry... I think I was still laughing and myself for the whole CRAP machine that I combined your responses in my head. Yup... Dork is my name

and Ammi.. in case you're still on and looking... the AI thread is under General Chatter and called "Have the right ones been voted off"....

Kayley... Yes... I do... in fact, if you ever decide to come here, you have to go through me lol let me know if I can ever be helpful!

Nancy, as you might remember, I travel quite a bit and, like you, tend to avoid airplane bathrooms just in case... but actually have been surprised the couple of times that I couldn't wait that it was doable. In fact, the last time I was so surprised that it was no problem at all, I wanted to go out and in and out and in and then yell to the other passengers "hey -- look at me!! I can pee in the airplane!! WHo knew??" Luckily I, being the mature, subtle, mature adult that I am... .. refrained from that and calmly went back to my seat. It's probably as different as the seatbelts are -- sometimes no prob, sometimes... why can't they standardize these things?? Either way -- HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!!!!!!! I went to Hilton Head once a long time ago... LOVED it!

Will get back in soon... just had to poke in real quick.

Mel
Old 05-12-2006, 09:53 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Just a quick post. Maybe I'll do individuals later, but I'm going to hop on Andrew's bike for a little bit before I get cleaned up. If I don't get back on here, I'll talk to you all tomorrow!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #14  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

OK - shutting down my computer now. Wow - I know I am bringing a laptop, but even so it is going to be hard to be without this site and my food journal so readily at hand. I know it will be good to unplug a bit, but I am going to miss everyone!

Thanks for the tips on the bathroom - I think maybe I will try it just to see!
Old 05-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #15  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

First of all, let me apologize to Misti. Apparently I inadvertantly ruined the AI show for you. Not my intention, of course. I didn't realize I had said too much when I said I was suprised by the results. Won't happen again I assure you.

Brenda - I know how you felt about your favorite getting voted off. I wanted to boycott last year when Constantine was voted off. I know he was a polarizing contestant, but he was my fave and I was crushed when he went home. I think Chris stands a really good chance of landing on his feet. As for me, I am happy that there is a chance we will have a Taylor/Elliot finale! I love them both.

Ammi - Your anastesia story sounds terrifying! I've never had any kind of surgery before but it is that kind of thing I would be afraid of. Also, you're not alone in loving Elliot. He's my favorite with Taylor a close second.

MariaLucia - That is a great list. Thanks for posting it. A great many of them hit awfully close to home for me. Definitely food for thought. (no pun intended )

Valerie - welcome to Texas, ya'll! I don't know where Eagle Pass is, but I am in the Dallas area. I am waving hello to you as I type.

Annie - Way to go on those inches lost! I bet that feels even better than the pounds lost. I am glad Curves is working for you!

Zelma - I hope cutting back a bit on your exercise helps you to feel better. It makes a bit of sense, I guess, what your doctor told you. Your body has gone through quite a change and it may just be a in a bit of shock and is needing time to adjust.

As for me, I did not make it to the ESL test and celebration tonight. I actually got off early from work for once and when I got home I was absolutely so tired I could not keep my eyes open. Next thing I woke up and test time had passed. It's OK, it was not actually my day to teach or give the test, but they had suggested it would be nice if the Wed. night teachers could be there tonight too to help celebrate the "graduation". I feel bad I wasn't there, but I obviously needed the rest or I would not have conked out like I did. I rarely take naps so this was highly unusual for me.

Anyway, it's to WW tomorrow morning. The news won't be good. I've had another terrible food week and no exercise. Oh well. Try, try again, right?
Closed Thread