Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 01:43 PM   #1  
South Beach Life Style

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again.....#893

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.
Old 04-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #2  
South Beach Life Style

Shew another Thread,, We Are Zippin Away..
Old 04-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #3  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hi all. I decided to go ahead and set myself a little mini-goal. I'm not putting a timespan on it but I already know that I would like to get to 286 again so I'm braving it and setting this goal for myself.

I can't stay on long since I should have already been dressed. Going to an anniversary party this evening and I have to leave in a little while. I hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

WOW I don't come online all day and when I do get chance I have missed a WHOLE thread. As Crock says, we are zippin along!

Before I start the personal replies, can I just say HIP HIP HORRAY, AMERICANS HAVE FINALLY SEEN SENSE - KELLIE PICKLER - BYE BYE American Idol will now be a total joy to watch

Kayley - you brag away, you deserve it. You JOGGED, you are amazing. Anybody can see how determined you are to lose the weight, and I just know you are going to do it. I also saw your photo over on the picture page, how can you say you can just about notice a difference. There is a HUGE difference, your neck is much smaller. You should be really proud of what you have lost so far. You have given me the idea to take some photos like that too so that I can see the difference as I lose weight.

Yes we have a load of rotters in the street, but what can you expect when their parents aren't any better. If you go to see them about their kids they just tell you to f**k off! So no vege growing or pretty flowers for us, not while we are here anyway!

Crock - Good on you for doing the 10 minutes on the Gazelle. I am sure that the more you use it the more your leg will take the strain.

I like the sound of those ab scissors too, I have seen them on TV I think. I can't do any kind of exercise that involves my abs because of my ostomy, there is a high risk of me getting a hernia. I will still be interested in hearing how you enjoy trying it.

I know the frustration you feel when it comes to the problems you have because of your leg. I feel the same when it comes to having the ostomy. Well one thing that we have to remember and that is that we are only in our 30s. Things could be much worse if these problems came about when we were in our dotage We have time and relative youth to help us deal with our health issues!

Well done on the 3 lbs lost, that is fantastic

Nancy - if you think Doctor Who is good now, you wait to the final of the series, you will be hanging off your seat, and if you are anything like me you will cry too. I'll say no more As for the new series with David Tennant, he is brilliant. He really has taken to the role and so far the show is fantastic. Last week there was a story involving a werewolf, it's definitely one to look out for.

I LOVE the sound of that Amelia Peabody series. Is it only available on the audio books, or as normal books. I think I could really enjoy reading them?

That's great that you have lost inches off your body. I measured myself and the numbers have scared me!! Oh well now I just get to watch them go down.

Mel - well done on the brilliant 1.5 lb loss. Now STOP getting on the scales at least for a week, don't let the little monster play with you

I am so glad you had a 'moment' when you looked in the mirror and could see a difference since losing weight. It's moments like that which keep you motivated to keep on dieting. I look forward to when I can have some of those moments myself

That's cool that your friend is being inducted into the basketball hall of fame. I hope you enjoy the event.

Annie - I have never heard of that author, but next time I am in the library I will have to have a look for a book of hers to borrow.

That's brilliant that the other ladies at Curves applauded you when you finished doing the exercises the instructor showed you. You certainly deserved it! You should be so proud or yourself!

Elaine - I am so sorry that that guy upset you so much with his insensitive comment about seeing the 'fat lady'. That sort of comment you expect from a kid, not an adult. Well you just need to put it into your memory banks, and draw from it to help keep you motivated when your diet will power is slipping.

Zelma - Oh my gosh, look at you in that photo. I showed it to my husband and when he asked me who it was, I could hardly get your name out because of the lump in my throat. I am so happy for you and how far you have come, it really does bring happy tears to my eyes.

It's true about me having longer periods of not sleeing now. Those meds are definitely working. Today I was up at 8 am, and despite trying my hardes to go back to sleep I just couldn't. I actually ended up with a head ache from trying so hard to sleep. In the end I got up and WALKED to the shops.

Thank you so much for being so thrilled for me that I am back on track with such a good attitude. It does feel good to feel this positive, and I just hope it lasts.

I can really appreciate what you were saying about wanting to help others to lose weight now you have done it yourself. It's a great idea wanting to help, but so awkward when it comes to making the offer. Like you said though, I think when people know you have lost weight they will come to you if they want to have your help. Especially if you win that slimmer of the year competition. I bet loads of people will write to you via that magazine. I assume it's a magazine having the competition!

Sorry to disappoint you about Vegas, can I just say though, that despite the dress code I LOVE Vegas, I would holiday every year there if I could!

Oh no, I read what you said about shoulder bags and how they often still slip off your shoulder. Maybe I am destined to always have the problem. Oh well I will just have to stick to using a hand bag!

Patti - that's brilliant that you had to change your pants because they felt too big. NSVs are so wonderful, I can't wait to have some myself.

Vicki - great going with your weight loss, you are doing so well.

I am loving the new Doctor Who series, if you haven't read what I wrote to Nancy then please go read it now

Dolfingirl - did you get your measurements done, how much have you lost, I am sure if you haven't measured yourself in a few months there will be a real noticable loss.

MariaLucia - I hope you really enjoyed the dance class and that all your worries were unfounded. I look forward to hearing all about it.

Ok Doctor Who is about to start so I better run. Take care all,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi everyone! Remember me? *big grin* It's been about 5 months since I've been on here. My computer died back around Christmas vacation and I ended up having to buy a new laptop Long story short, the company I bought my first laptop from went out of business, and so the part that was broken, we had a hard time finding a replacement for. So after 2 months of my friend working on my laptop, I decided I needed to have a laptop right away. I use it for school and felt lost without it. (I type faster than I can write, plus I can read my typing better :LOL: ) Anyways, I've been back on the net since about Mid to lat february. The last time I was on here, I had reached my goal of 350lbs, however I've sorta gained back about 8 lbs in the last 5 months. So I'm determined to reach that 350lbs goal AGAIN! This time I will keep it off.

I work at a middle school and some of the teachers I work with have started a "Kick Start your Summer" diet club. Basically it's a 6 week competition to see who can loose the most percentage of weight. They want a doctors note to accompany your entry. $20 buy in, with 80% going to winner and remaining 20% goes to a "Loosers Lunch". I thought it was an AWESOME idea so I joined. I weighed in on Wednesday (April 26) and I just weighed myself this morning, I'm down 4lbs. I think it might be a bit misleading because when I weighed in, I had breakfast and drank a bit of water. But I won't knock it down, I'm happy I'm going in the right direction.

It's good to see so many new users since I've last been on, and of course it's great to see all the faithful continuing memebers.

I have had some news in the last 5 months. I graduated Cal State with honors in March. I will be walking my ceremony in June. I started teh credential program in April. I'm taking 15 units - 5 classes (YIKES) and I'm working. Each class requires I put in observations hours to... So I'm sorta killing myself. I'm pretty much gone from 8am to 10pm at night because of work, observations and classes. Then theres homework. I won't even get started on how long that takes me. I have limimted time, but I will try my best to keep up with everyone here as much as possible.

Take care everyone!

Sue
Old 04-29-2006, 04:18 PM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

Hello Sue, I would be new to you , I joined in January of 06, I am on the South Beach life style. have lost 53 lbs so far, and If you get time to read some of our old posts you will be caught up.. Glad to meet you and hope to get to know you better.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #7  

aMMI YES I CAN HARDLY WAIT TO SEE WHO WINS THE AMERICAN IDOL SHOULD BE INTERESTING! I MANAGED TO DRINK 64 OUNCES OF WATER TODAY BUT BOY IT WASNT EASY . GOTTA GET THAT POOUND OFF YOU KNOW! HOUSEWORK TO MUSIC? HMMM MAYBE I SHOUD TRY THAT MY HOUSE IS A MESS!
Old 04-29-2006, 05:45 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teahoney
I would like to get to 286 again so I'm braving it and setting this goal for myself.
You go! Hey, it may be a while before we make it to OneDerland but I'll see you in TwoDerville VERY soon LOL!! You are almost there!!!! Woooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 04-29-2006, 05:47 PM   #9  
South Beach Life Style

LMAO at TWODERVILLE.. THANKS I NEEDED THAT ONE MISTI
Old 04-29-2006, 07:17 PM   #10  

Tracey - that's a good idea setting yourself a mini goal, but with no time scale. I find that if I set a goal with a time scale then I am so upset if I don't meet the challenge that I end up pigging out. My first goal is to get into Twotown, or as Misti said, Twoderville so that's 30 lbs away. I weigh on Monday and hopefully I will see that number come down a little.

SueMarie - so lovely to see you back. You're not the only one who has put back on the weight you lost. I lost 22 lbs before Christmas, and then put it all back on. I tried dieting from mid January, but had terrible trouble with it, and I think perhaps my meds had something to do with it, and working out some points values wrong on something I had every day. So I started at my original goal weight AGAIN last Monday. Like you, this time I am determined to keep it off!

Congratulations on graduating with honours, you should be very proud of yourself, and I hope you will really enjoy the ceremony in June!

That diet club sounds fabulous, and such a great incentive to keep the lbs coming off. Another friend of mine is in one and the person to lose the most weight will have the pot of $300! I wished her well, and I wish you well too, I hope you both win.

Patti - who do you want to win American Idol. Personally I would love it if Elliot one, I was as bad as Paula last week, I had goose bumps when he sang and I had tears too. Unfortunatly he more often than not ends up in the bottom 2 or 3, so I don't think America shares my hopes for him. In which case I would be happy for Chris or Taylor to win, but I kind of think it might be Katherine that does it. It's such a good year this year isn't it.

As for housework to music, it really does help. It makes it less boring and more fun

Ok well I better make a move now, it's my bed time. Take care all and bye until tomorrow,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 04-29-2006, 07:21 PM   #11  

LOL glad you liked TwoDerville... hey I had to get somewhere and I have a ways before I hit OneDerland LOL. You're not far away, Ammi! You go, Girl!

Tracey, I do the same with mini goals... I don't put a time frame on it because I can't CONTROL the time frame. I want goals that it is up to me to meet or not to meet! If I really do my part it will come when it comes.

I hope it is okay to post here even though I don't quite qualify but LOL when I started I was only two pounds out so I figure that's close enough! I love reading here and you share so much neat stuff!
Old 04-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #12  
South Beach Life Style

Misti~ What plan are you on?

Ammi~ damn girl, your bed times are even gettin early.. you go girl!,

I washed the truck and the car today, so it will be sure to rain tomorrow. I want to go 4 wheeler riding so bad, I went to the store , I had to by a new open face real for a lefty I am amdadextrious(sp) I write with either, mainly right hand , but everything else is Left.. Odd.. My Grandmother when I was around 6 just **** her self because I was a lefty, saying it was of the devil, so I was taught to use my right hand... oh well.. there is a fanatic in every family , of sorts.. I got all my fishing stuff ready and I am ready to start fishing next week,,, all OP today, I opted to get all my fishing stuff, but did not get any groceries.. soooooooooooo I will skimp untill Monday evening till I get back to the store.. I hate Wal Mart,, what a monopoly here..! Take Care All
Old 04-29-2006, 07:49 PM   #13  

Hi Crock

I am not on any real plan except my own LOL. Just exercising and eating healthful foods... mostly fresh fruits and veggies but also smaller amounts of meat. Tonight I am even having sweet and sour meatballs which I am making in the crockpot. I do a lot of crockpot cooking so I have frozen meals. And I eat NO junk... not a drop LOL, and very little processed foods.

Wow I scrubbed my deck today and it was HARD. It is porous and I could not even push a rag around on it with my foot. I am on third floor and it was cold and raining which suited me just fine LOL except my feet were like ICE as I was barefoot since I had to keep traipsing in and out of the apt to get more water. Whew BIG job but I am thrilled to have it done and I MUST have burned off some fat and calories LOL.

LOL I love WalMart. <G> I can FIND stuff there that I can't get other places and I love the cheap prices!!! There is only one here that is reasonably close to me though!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #14  

Ammi i am a Chris or Taylor fan i dont really like Katherine!
and i am just like you i am living for the day i get to twoderland!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:13 PM   #15  

Hi,

I'm naughty, I said I was going to go to bed, and then I had to write an email, and next thing you know I was checking if anybody else had written here, and they have, so of course I have to reply lol.

Misti - of course you are welcome here, a couple of lbs away when you started is enough of a qualifier lol

Right now those 30 lbs seem a lightyear away, but I am sure I will get there this time, and I am going to keep it off. No more yo yo dieting for this gal!

Sounds like you got a great work out cleaning your deck, have your feet warmed up yet though. I hate having cold feet, brrrrrr.

Crock - well yes my bed times are supposedly getting earlier, but I am still here. I am actually not tired, typical, one minute I am tired all the time, now not at all.

I know you were joking when you said that it's going to rain tomorrow because you washed your car today. But do you know, it's amazing how many times I have started to wash the house windows, or put washing on the line and the rain has come from nowhere. I am sure I am jinxed lol.

Great that you are all ready for fishing next week, catch one for me please, I still haven't found a long enough pole yet

Patti - I don't particularly like Katherine either, but it won't surprise me if she wins. A lot of people seem to like Taylor, and of course Chris, I wonder if they will go all the way to the final at least. All I know is that I am SO glad Kellie won't be in it

Ok am going to go now, not to bed yet, just got to check my emails again lol.

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 04-29-2006 at 08:18 PM.
Closed Thread