Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:43 AM   #31  
Working it out...

Height: 5"8

Default New Size, New Therapist

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRACEY!!

No time for personals this morning - I will catch up with y'all tonite.

I am going to my first session with that new therapist today. I'm very nervous and feel good about it at the same time. Wish me luck!

Also, a quick NSV (quick cuz I'm cutting and pasting from a letter I wrote a friends last night)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME
For the sake of distraction, I took myself to Lane Bryant today at lunch. I was fully intending on buying a size 24 jeans (2 sizes down from what I'm wearing today) like I had mentioned before for inspiration. But when I got there, I thought perhaps I was being frivolous or something; I told myself I should try the size 26 to see how much further I have to go to get into those, thinking maybe I should buy a size 26 and work myself down to that before buying a size 24. Well, I took several types of jeans into the dressing room, all of them size 26, to see how they fit. Would you believe they all fit me? They are a size smaller than I have been wearing for over two years and they FIT me!!! One of them was a wee bit too tight - too tight to sit down in, but I could button it and zip it up, so I'm counting that as a "fit."

I walked out of there without buying anything and just sat in my car...I thought about how at the end of Dec 05 I was only wearing my 28-Talls cuz the longer rise gave me more space for my belly and they were still too tight on me. About how now I look like i'm swimming in them. And then about how I moved down to my size 28-Average and I've been watching them get looser and looser. And now, if I wanted to buy myself new jeans, I could buy size 26-AVERAGE. Isn't that amazing? I know I'll probably keep wearing my 28's for a while longer, since they are, almost all of them, relatively new and I don't really need to spend the money on 26's...but if I had to, I CAN.
See y'all tonite! :-)
Old 04-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #32  
I'm bringin' SEXY back!!!

Height: 5'3 1/2

Thanks for the birthday wishes. The day was good, didn't do anything particularly special, just enjoyed another day of life.

Yesterday I posted about not putting so much pressure on myself. I've decided that at least for a little while, I am not doing any more weight loss challenges. I set these goals and then they seem unattainable and I feel defeated before I even start. Small steps, small changes. I want to lose weight, I need to lose weight and if slow and steady wins the race then slow and steady it will be.
Old 04-13-2006, 12:29 PM   #33  

Default Done!

another day of exercise done~ my secret weapon? music from the 60s and 70s. does any one else do the same? that music just makes you feel so good and the time flies!
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #34  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

OMG everyone, I just had one of those dreaded feminine experiences. We were having lunch and a bit of cake in the company conference room (my assistant’s going away party) and I looked down when getting up and I had left a big bloodstain on the chair! I quickly stuck my purse over it and went off to find some things to clean it up. I think I got it – I just need to go back and check later that it didn’t leave any marks. My actual period ended a few days ago – I shouldn’t be bleeding enough for that to happen, but it did. Wow – that was really embarrassing.

My NSV from last night, which I forgot to report was that when I went to the bakery to buy the cake for today, I didn’t get anything else for myself. I had considered it, but ended up deciding there was nothing that was calling to me. If I REALLY wanted something, I could always come back tomorrow. I had some cake with everyone else today, but that is what I want to save my treats for – good times and celebration with others.

I am down 2 pounds this week, so the scale is finally moving. It is good to know that things are happening.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Quite depressed tonight. I guess that's what happens when you try on clothes. 60 pounds seems like nothing. F***!
Old 04-13-2006, 08:18 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 335/305/150ish

HI everyone!!!!
Nancy, I am so scared that will happen to me, at times I stay in the house so I dont take a chance at all.
Kayley, 60 lbs is a great loss, I cant wait till I can say that.
Besides a new outfit with your goal weight would be great wouldnt it??? Your doing good!
Tracey - Happy Birthday!!!! Glad you enjoyed your special day.
MariaLucia- Great on the new size!!
sandi
Old 04-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #37  

Default hi

60 pounds is great... i will be so glad when i can say i have lost 60 pounds. hang in there!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:05 PM   #38  
Thinking healthy!

S/C/G: 438/436/350

Height: 5'5˝"

Hello everybody!

Thanks to *thinthinker* for the lovely welcome

I'm kind of new to posting here - joined a while back and mostly just read posts - but I have to say the atmosphere here is great and I am truly inspired by you all. I suppose you could say that I am finally taking the reins on the whole weight loss bit. I've lost 8lbs so far and I'm actually quite amazed at myself. I got loads more to go, so you'll be seeing me!
Old 04-13-2006, 11:28 PM   #39  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Ammi – Do you get those organic soups in boxes over there? There is this butternut squash one made by Imagine Foods that is so good. I love to put a bit of curry powder in it – yum! Are you cooking anything special for Easter dinner?

Amy Violet – That is very cool that you made the decision to move. Who knows what will happen in a year – maybe by that time you will be ready to live together (unless you prefer to wait until you are married). You seem like such a creative person – it must be stifling to be working in such an uncreative job. I hope that when you do move that you can find something that makes you happier.

Amber – That is cool that you have a signature dessert. I have wanted one, but since I rarely bake I don’t think that will be happening any time soon. However I did recently find the recipe online from one of my favorite restaurant’s and my favorite dessert there – sticky date cake. I have to see if I can find ways to lighten the recipe and have a signature dessert of my own.

Crock – 10 pounds in 3 weeks – that is awesome!!!

Sharon – That is a great idea to limit the Easter chocs. Kids expect something, but it doesn’t mean they should get overloaded. I remember when I was a kid and we had our Halloween candy, my mother would always take a good bit of it from us to “give to the old people in the nursing homes.” Well – I don’t think I believe that is where it went – I bet she ate it. Who knows, maybe she was just trying to limit what we had so we didn’t go TOO overboard. I now look back on it and think it was rather funny.

Maria Lucia - That is so encouraging on the sizes - way to go! Also, I hope it went well with the new therapist today. Please let us know how it went!

Tracey - Good for you to be able to step back and reassess if things aren't working right. We all need to find what works for us individually. The most important thing is that we keep at it and don't give up.

Kayley - I have a hunch that there is something else that is bothering you that is bubbling up to the surface through other areas. You have struggling with depression for awhile now. Is there anything else going on in your life that you can think of that is manifesting itself in these other feelings? Boy do I sound like a pop psychiatrist. But seriously, I often find when other things get me down easily, that there is something deeper going on under the surface. Sometimes it just needs to bubble out a bit before looking at it because whatever it is is too painful at the moment. Either way, big

Sandi - I wish I could stay in the house, but I have to go to work. Luckily I checked the chair on my way out and it was all clear. That was a close one!

Toofatforu2 - I love listening to music while exercising. I have an iPod and have made a play list of a bunch of different music that gets me going. It is a whole mix of stuff. It is amazing how certain songs/beats connect right to your soul and make you want to MOVE. I also have a few silly ones in there like "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" from the South Park soundtrack. Sometimes it really helps to lighten things up.

Amy Blue – I guess we will have to use the Blue part to distinguish you from the other Amy Violet. Welcome!

Well I need to get to bed. I have my sonogram in the morning and need to be there at 7am. I will definitely let you all know how it goes.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

STOP!
Don't post here anymore.
Instead, come to 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#881!
Closed Thread