Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 07:16 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#842

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Hope you chicks have a great day! It's off to classes for me!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:32 AM   #3  
Ancoro Imparo

S/C/G: 338/338/150

This is the fourth day of my diet and I'm still struggling to get through the first week. I'm doing slim fast, as I've found I need a little more structure than simply counting calories. Failure is not an option, simply because I can't live with the health issues anymore and maintain any type of quality of life.

I weighed for the first time on Tuesday to get an accurate count for my starting point. It was worse than I thought....338, NOT 330! I was disgusted with myself. My first goal is to lose 1 pound by my birthday, March 5.

This site is so large and my time so limited, I've chosen two forums to participate in, this one and the Slim Fast one, so I will try to become a regular here and get to know everyone. The support and encouragement is just wonderful and something that I find that I really need!

I have a job interview today for a position that I think I would really enjoy, but I'm concerned that they may not offer as much as I am currently making. It is with the parish school system (in Louisiana, a parish is a county) and I'd get a month off with my kids in the summer, plus all the school holidays and great benefits. Keep your fingers crossed for me, please.

Hope you are all "losers" today!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:50 AM   #4  
South Beach Life Style

Gooooooooooo Morning Roooom

Teresa~~ Welcome and I look forward to seeing more posts

After my lecture yesterday from my Best Friend of 20 yrs, All else was very good, I stayed on plan, I made this Cola BBQ chicken and then made some brown rice with salsa for the bed , and deed it was so good and filling, I loved it , as well as my little brother *(15) .. It was like a Mexican Chicken,,. I will make that again,

Kayley, ~~ I hear ya over the brownies, they tasted like burnt rubber smells to me,, iclkkkkk,,,

Thank everyone for responding yesterday at My venting and issues, I am very seldom like that, But I know I have you guys to support and "Listen" to me when I am having a bad day (or not)

Take Care all, I hope you All have a Great day.

I gotta go get a load of wood today,, More of that excercise shewwwwwww
Old 02-23-2006, 08:01 AM   #5  
icandoit

S/C/G: 190/179/155

Determination is the first step to progress and progress is the second step to success...
God Bless you and good luck!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #6  
South Beach Life Style

THREE LBS DOWN TODAY, I WEIGHED A COUPLE DAYS EARLY, YOU KNOW HOW YOU CAN JUST FEEL THAT YOU LOST,, WOOOHOOO, FOOD OBSESSED HA! AT LEAST IT IS GOOD FOOD NOW, NOT THE BAD!!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:45 AM   #7  
Ancoro Imparo

Thumbs up

Way to go MsCrockett!!
Old 02-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #8  
Ancoro Imparo

I love this thought! There are a lot of times when I don't really feel motivated to continue, but if I stay determined to lose I think that it will help to keep me on track.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:49 AM   #9  

Hello all.

I've been scarce the last couple of days. Checked out the last two threads...which I missed...and see that many of you are doing SO WELL! I'm happy for you!

Dogpal: Congrats on the job and the loss! See - it's always darkest before the dawn and other clich'es!

Teresa:

I am in a truely foul mood! The kind of mood where you want to kick puppies and tear the wings of butterflies! The kind of mood where slapping the next person thru the door is not unthinkable. We're talking a really, really foul mood.

I spent the last two days pretty much asleep on the couch. Not sure what's going on there...I've just been so VERY tired! I've also not been watching the food for the past few days...heck, the past week. And today WI showed UP - 251.8. I'm so very, very SICK of this! I'm not even going to bother changing my slider again until I have at least a five pound difference up or down! In the past five week my weight has been: 250.6, 248.8, 250.6, 248.2, 251.8. Now honestly, wouldn't that put YOU in a foul mood? I swear, I'd chuck the whole thing...except the gains happen with such a small amount of non-effort that I know I'd be back to 300+ in NO TIME if I totally went back to poor habits!

Well, I only had a minute to post. Sorry I spent it just venting. Now I must run and ruin someone elses day!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:02 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Lightbulb

Teresa3607: Good luck on your interview and the diet! 1 pound by March 5th is totally possible but don't beat yourself up if your body does not cooperate!

Ms.Crockett: Whoohoo Way to go! :carrot:

kayleystar: have a great day at class!

Lillion: I had a day like that last week. Wanted to just kick everyone I came into contact with. Nothing anyone said was sitting with me right. Don't beat yourself up over the weight. I think it is normal for us to fluctuate like that. Of course, my scale is so crappy that every time I stand on it I get a new weight that could be anything from 297, to 345 so I don't trust it and just go by the nice nurses at the doctor's office

As for me, hubby had his interview with the big boss yesterday. He was so nervous he forgot to shave and he said he looked scrubby. One of the bosses said the interview went "really well" but no decisions would be made before Monday. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 02-23-2006, 11:21 AM   #11  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

Julee-having your BMI go down feels great doesn’t it. I started out with a BMI of 89.9999. Now it is 50-51. I started out with several supers in front of the morbidly obese. Now I am close to getting rid of that last super so I’ll just be morbidly obese. Every step feels great.

Dogpal-Just when everything seems bleak, you get a lifeline thrown to you. I don’t have to tell you how that works. That job will give you a reason to get up in the morning, get out of the house, and stay healthy. Just remember to take your own lunch, because office lunches can go down hill really quickly. As for the mirror, I hope that I don’t do that often. It was scary.

Wyllenn-I am trying to visualize me on one of those balls at my heaviest, and having it blow me to the ceiling.

Tasha-I had too many comments of concern from my mother. I know exactly what you mean about them not helping by pushing. I actually think she pushed me so that I would fail so that she could be comforted by my failure. It is the primary reason that I haven’t had any contact with her in over 15 months. I am convinced that cutting off communication with her is one of the reasons that I have been successful this time where I have failed in the past.

Honiangel-I am so sorry for your lose. When I was 10 years old, my oldest brother and his wife lost their 10 month old baby to what they called was SIDS, but was caused by a hole in his heart. They couldn’t fix it back then, and today it would be an outpatient procedure. There is nothing harder they will ever have to deal with in life. My prayers are with you and your family.

Princess-It sounds like you’ve got some kind of fairy godmother following you around trying to keep you OP. The last two days I have felt like I would eat an entire cow. I’ve been walking so much more lately that I think that my body is trying to tell me that I’m not getting enough calories. Maybe your body was trying to send you a message.

Theresa-I will keep my fingers crossed for you and your job.

Lilion-I have a day or two once a month where I would love to be able to go get into a bar fight: rowdy, and exhausting. I’ve had a 5 month long plateau. I was just about ready to jump off a bridge. Hang in there. When I hit a plateau, I try a new ethnic type cooking. Take a class in Ethiopian or Malaysian. It confuses your body, and it starts firing up the metabolism again.
Old 02-23-2006, 11:51 AM   #12  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Christine..thanks for the sites. I will go look them over. I have no idea how big the ball actually is. I know it was considered the Medium sized ball (it's green) and I am only 5"4. We'll see how it goes.

Luan...love the story. Actually a Cinnabon is more than 17 pts I think...they are evil. My thing lately has been a peanut butter cookie at Coffee bean after my WI. They are so yummy...and at that point (although it's cheating) I don't count the points since my week technically ends on Wednesday night. There is a Mongolian BBQ place near my apartment that Jason adn I like to go to. I like it bettr than the one at the food court because I feel that I have way more control over what I put in and what sauces. I don't out the noodles in mine and I use very little oil (chili oil). They cook with water...so it's a good "Core" meal for me. After my first bowl if I am still hungry I get a bowl of just veggies.

MsCrockett...the first time I made the Cola Chicken it was a disaster. The
2nd time I made it I used the crock pot..and it was wonderful. However, when they say that you can use any type of diet soda...it's a LIE. I used Diet Root Beer once and it had a really weird after taste. In the new WW cookbook there is a recipe for a BBQ glazed salmon where you make the glaze ont he stove top with ketchup and I think it was soy sauce...you let it thicken up then brush it on the fish...it was really good too.

Lilion: Since Thanksgiving I think I have officially lost about 1.2 lbs. I have been fighting the same 5 lbs back and forth. I haven't gotten totally frustrated yet...but it's a'comin!

Jason took me out for an early birthday dinner last night to out favorite sushi place. I had the sashimi dinner and a hand roll with no rice. It was delish! He is such a sweetie!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

Good morning ladies,

Thank you all for your well wishes on my new job.

Tashabella: I used to take zoloft and recently have been switched to effexor. I am not having any side effects. It may be worth cheking out!

Crock: -3 pounds is excellent. Way to go

Kayley: I will be Administrative Assistant to the President of the company. It is a company that helps low income families with food, clothing, housing, utilities etc. It is right up my alley being able to help people is my heart. I will actually get to meet the clients and set up their needs and files etc. I am looking forward to it.

2Losinit: Have a great time on your trip. Kiss Tigger for me!

Christine: I'm so sorry that you are feeling so bad. I have had chrontic bronchial things my entire life, like infections etc. but nothing serious like you have. I am praying for you and hoping that you will be able to find something soon that makes you feel better.

Princesspuffypants: and Julee: Congrats on your -1.6 way to go.

Honiangel: My sincere sympathy for you and your family on your loss. My prayers are with you.

Teresa: Good luck at your job interview.

Lilion: Biggggg Hug... don't hit me! LOL. Hope your day is better. Hang in there.

Catherine: Thanks for the advice on bringing my own lunch. When I was working before I used to bring my own lunch too and you are right lots of snacks and wanting to order out etc. As the Administrative Assistant in my last job, I would have to do the lunch ordering out and if they didn't deliver I would have to go pick it up and it was hard to not indulge.

Heather: Wonderful that your hubby's interview was great. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys.

Well, everyone have a blessed day today,
Dogpal
Old 02-23-2006, 01:32 PM   #14  

Dogpal ~ That sounds like a wonderful job. It is such a good feeling when you can help others. I'm also going to do some research on the Effexor. (I finally got through to the psychiatrist's office who does medication management and they said it will be an 8 to 10 week wait.)

Catherine ~ Every time my mother gets on my nerves (she's pushy), I think of what you have said about your mother. I have been separating myself from that. It's SO negative and harmful. (I also will admit that I have been mulling over cutting her off. )

Julee ~ I meant to say something about your BMI the other day and I forgot (I knew there was someone I missed, but couldn't figure out who). Congrats!!! That is so wonderful and you must feel terrific. GOOD FOR YOU!!!

MsCrockett ~ Congratulations on your loss!

Teresa ~ Welcome and good luck with the job interview. Try not to stress too much over the diet too.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #15  

Red face Feeling a bit better

At least the desire to kick puppies has passed. May still slap someone silly though!

Catherine: Once again you are an inspiration...I don't know HOW you stood a five month plateau without running amuck! Five WEEKS is getting to me fast! Same to you Julee! Every WI when it goes up instead of down I just want to scream!

I am not a patient person by nature. I'm one of those who think standing in line at the DMV is the equivalent of the 9th circle of ****. Fast food drive-thru's take too long. I pace while using the microwave! I'd sell my hair before I'd get rid of my hi-speed internet and go back to dial-up.

I'm sure up-ing the exercise will help with this plateau. Right now the eliptical is in pieces on the floor. Should've paid for the delivery and set-up.

My son asked this weekend if I could get a bike and this summer we could all three go biking. My first impulse was to be afraid. Then I was merely hesitant. Right now I don't know how I feel about it. I haven't ridden a bike in 20 years! But I suppose I could. I get quite sad thinking that I might actually turn down my son when he wants to do "family stuff" because I'm too fat to do it. It's like when I was smoking and my then two year old brought me a cigarette and lighter when I was in a bad mood. Talk about feeling like dirt! But I have to admit, I'm kind of freaked out at the thought of riding a bike again. Maybe I'll borrow DH's and see how I do.

I'm trying to think positive thoughts about how things have improved - concentrate on the NSV's. One year ago:

~I would never have considered climbing the stairs instead of taking the elevator and if I did I'd be huffing and puffing at the top.
~Walking a mile was NOT something I would ever consider doing voluntarily.
~My now baggy clothes were my "form-fitting" clothes - IF they fit at all!
~I looked at myself in the mirror the other day and realized my butt is WAY smaller - I don't have a built in bum-roll for the medieval clothes anymore.
~We spent a lot more on food when we ate out because we always got an appetizer, a meal (which we finished) and a dessert.
~My chest doesn't feel like someone is sitting on it when I walk to my car. (I have a heart arrythmia.)

Finally, Tuesday night I worked at a concession stand at a ballgame. We parked in the media lot, down this BIG hill from the stadium. I'm talking BIG, steep, long mountainous hill! By the time I got to the top I was huffing and puffing like crazy and was starting to get the heavy chest feeling, but I made it. I MADE IT! A year ago, I would not have even attempted that climb and if I had, I would NOT have made it without stopping. So...

I assume that if I keep this up and start working out it will get better and better. Maybe I'll even be ready for the bike ride...even if the scale doesn't cooperate.

Thanks for listening to me ladies.
Closed Thread