Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #31  
Dancing those pounds away

Well ... I guess our Thinthinker is out and driving around town in her "NEW" truck.
(I need Barb to post a graphic here of Thin driving around). I hope she isn't getting any speeding tickets.

Lilion... I am here ... and posting. I thought I had done pretty good posting lately.

I wish I had followed my own advice and not weighed today.
With my mentality.... if I do good for 3-4 days I should lose 3-4 lbs.
NOPE... it doesn't work that way.
BUT .. I did not expect to gain either. I know in my brain that is probably nothing but water retention but it got to me and today my choices have not been as good as they should be. No bragging today.
Don't get me wrong... I did not pig out of anything... but made poorer choices.

Okay... that is it for me. I am off to go work some more. I had to move all of my furniture out or stack on beds so I could have my carpet cleaned throughout the house. Now I have to go back and put everything back.
In the past I cleaned it myself but this time I wanted a better job done than what I could probably do. In order to save money I moved the furniture instead of the cleaners. I may have to re-evaluate that stradegy. LOL
Old 02-24-2006, 11:13 PM   #32  

Now 2Cute I didn't name names when I said I got lonely around here sometimes! I merely meant that many folks are too busy to post during the day here whereas apparently more of the ladies on the other boards are not working all day or maybe just have more time on their hands. Don't go getting all insulted!

Seriously, Thin has been MIA lately...Hope you are driving carefully Thin! Michelle - been a while! Valerie - get off that truck for a minute and post over here!

Today was day 2 OP! I got only 25 pts in! I figure I can afford to be a few low these days. The eliptical is still in pieces on the floor. Tomorrow it WILL be put together or DH will never hear the end of it! Then watch me elip! (Or whatever.)

You ladies have a good night - I'll try to check back during the weekend!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:25 AM   #33  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hello my girlie girls! Nice to know I'm missed. Or did was it just that you noticed I wasn't here? Either way. I'm here posting instead of going up to bed. You guys really know how to pack for a guilt trip!

I have been out "tooling around in my automobile". It's kinda nice. I like it even. There are BIG differences between my mini van and this one though. The cubbies that they put in it are pretty useless. I'm used to a map pocket on the doors. Well, there's map pockets, but they will hold just that, A map. I like my umbrella there, but no way is the umbrella going to fit. My dunlap done laps over most of the console so my cupholders are a bit covered. Just a number of differences.

I don't want you to think I don't like it however. I do. It rides nice. It's comfortable. It's got good pick-up. It drives nice, good turning radius. It has pop-up basket kinda things inside the hatch and they make it so that your grocery bags don't fly all over the rear. I like those real well, and yes, have used them several times. AND I haven't had to put gas in it yet.

I'm getting it pin-striped on Monday so I'll take pics and try and post them when it's done. It's already sporty because I got the "chrome package" on it so it has lots of chrome accents. Did I mention it's Pacific Blue???? Probably did. Oops.

Food has been neither here, nor there. I have cooked two nights in a row. WooHoo! I know that when I cook, I do better.

I did my weekend "showgirl" jobs today so that I could have the weekend off. I'm liking the idea of that!!! Maybe I'll actually get something done.

The shots the Podiatrist gave me along with the new anti-inflamatory seems to be working pretty well. I was able to walk from one end of the theatre to the other and back again without any pain in my feet. It's amazing how much that improves my whole outlook on life.

PMS has been getting the better of me. The scale is up and can you say B***H???? No, I know, we can't say it here! But that has definitely been me. I'm fighting and nasty with everybody. Geez, Louise!

Lilion: I'm so sorry you've had a rough time this week. Maybe we should get together and commiserate. Good luck with that eliptical. I got the pilates machine (EVIL) a year and a half ago and I think I've been on it 4 times. I hope you get more use out of your eliptical. But then you've got more discipline than I do.

Terri: No, apparently NOT heel spurs. He says my feet are breaking down (do you think the weight has anything to do with it?) and that I have terrible arthritis in both of them. The shots were given in the top of the foot up by the joints that attach the toes to the feet. *I'm glad you and DH are going to be able to get out and do something fun this weekend. Those carts can really make a difference. My girlfriend's husband got one because he loves to do flea markets and can't get around anymore. Have you checked into whether DH will qualify for one being covered by insurance or Medicare? I know you said you just got approved for disability, it might be worth checking on.

Leanne: The only trouble with those great family recipes in my Aunt's book are 1. no nutrition facts and 2. not very weightloss friendly, although I think some of them are diabetic friendly as her husband is diabetic. *That spider is too much like SCARY!!!! When my niece was in Texas this summer they had spiders that were HUGE like that!

2cute: Are you feeling alone? Here I am! CONGRATS on all of your victories this week. I'm so glad you're doing and feeling better.

Ruth: I've got the biggest behind I've ever seen so I'm sure that the Vue would be even more comfortable for you than it is for me. I got the power driver's seat so I have it lowered a bit and pushed back some so that it is easier to get in and out. I do have to say that the tilt wheel does not tilt up as much as it did in the van, but it's not too bad AND none of the other "crossover vehicles" (Equinox, Torrent) were any different.

BarbG: Sorry to hear about the shot in the hip. YIKES! That sounds terribly painful. The shots in my feet weren't too bad. I've had the ones in the heel for spurs before and those were much worse.

Teresa: Welcome to our thread. We're glad to have you. Post often and it will be no time before we get to know each other. Most of us have Bio's posted on the Bio Thread up above.

Ok, girls, I've gotta go. I told Honey that I only had two sentences more to type and I'd be coming to bed. That was an hour ago. Do you think he'll notice??? You all have a good night. Love ya bunches!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:30 AM   #34  
Dancing those pounds away

Hi guys. I think I am not communicating too well. LOL
Lilion.... I was not bothered by anything you said. I was not insulted in any way. I thought your comment was being very nice saying you missed me. Your Quote...
Quote:
2Cute: Make some time for us! We miss you!
There is no way that would insult me. Sorry you misinterpeted my comments.

This reminds me of that saying that comes across different to men than to ladies. It all depends on how your read it.

An English professor wrote the words .....

"WOMAN WITHOUT HER MAN IS NOTHING" on the blackboard, and directed the students to punctuate it correctly

The men wrote: "Woman, WITHOUT HER MAN, is nothing."

The women wrote: "WOMAN !! WITHOUT HER, man is nothing!
Old 02-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #35  

Somebody start a new thread!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:38 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do not post here! Join us on the next volume thread!
Closed Thread