Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #16  
determined to lose

Condolences to you and your friends Ammi, death is always hardest on those left behind.

A Bigg CONGRATULATIONS to the big losers out there 5.8 and 8.0 pounds indeed...all you smaller losers to of course!!

South Beach diet. I did phase 1 and am sort of following phase two but not really because I have bran flakes every day and stuff like that. I have gone more to calorie counting now.

But if you are going to do the Beach there is a book you need to get:
"The South Beach Diet Good Fats Good Carbs Guide" it breaks down what foods you can have better than the book and it has each food marked for which phase you can/cannot have it. Very simplified. I think it is $7.99 at Barnes and Nobles. There is also "The South Beach Diet Dining Guide" for the same price. I have not used that one much so far. But the other one is really really better than the diet book I think and it is more up to date on what foods are for what phase.

I hope everyone is well...I am still struggline with my respiratory infections. But I am doing a little better. Not coughing nearly as much as I was so that is nice. Keep praying, maybe it's working.

Has anyone checked out Richard Simmons website? I just joined his clubhouse...
Old 02-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

[BOLD]Dolphingirl[/B] - Congrats on your 1 pounds loss, and definately great on the NSV's!!! Sometimes those are just the BEST!!

[BOLD]Sharon[/B] - I wouldn't DREAM of trying to nab your Manson shirt! :P If we can take Nancy's idea, and make sure that there wouldn't be huge customs fees, definately the skirt (s)...and we'd have to work out something...because I'll definately pay you the postage!

[BOLD]Crock[/B] - No problem! Sometimes, you just GOTTA get it off your chest! If you ever need any support/tips for South Beach, you know how to reach me!

[BOLD]Christine[/B] - Thanks so much! I'll send you off a PM either tonight or tomorrow sometime, depending on the time tonight when I finally get all these replies done! I've been to one of those Women's Expos before...with my mom. Well, we love anything free, so needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed it! Wouldn't mind going back, but I KNOW I wouldn't be able to eat any of the samples, and there's half the fun right there!

[BOLD]Brandnewme[/B] - Good to see you posting again!

[BOLD]Ammi[/B] - I'm so sorry to hear this about your friends. If you EVER need to talk...I'm here. On a brighter note, I hope your weigh-in goes fantastic!

[BOLD]Nancy[/B] - I was thinking about maybe learning a martial art or something once I get down to where I want to be...but I think once I drop about 70 more pounds, I want to take up belly dancing! Will help with toning up and such...probably already mentioned it before, but it looks EXCITING!

[BOLD]Butterflyns[/B] - Congrats on your loss! I have NO DOUBT you'll surpass your Valentine's Day goal!!! Way to go!

[BOLD]Valerie[/B] - At least you are hopping right back on! Andrew wanted Taco Bell yesterday...and that's probably my favorite fast food...I told him he was just trying to taunt me...I almost ordered a taco, and then thought better of it. You be careful out there on the road!!!

[BOLD]Brenda[/B] - WAY TO GO on getting under 350!!! You are doing so great! 8 pounds in a week is FANTASTIC!!!!!! Keep it up, chickie!

[BOLD]Garnetfairy[/B] - Sorry to hear that you are feeling under the weather. Haven't heard of the Clubhouse...what is it?

As for me, I'm not too bad. Yesterday, I had to go and get a physical done for the nursing home I work at, even though I've been there for two months...heh. The doctor made me feel like crap! Even after I told him that I'd lost close to 40 pounds over the course of 2 months, he goes on preaching to me about losing weight. He looked at Andrew, and said, "When you eat healthy, you can do a lot, and you'll feel better, too", and then he goes, "Eat badly, and this is what you become" and points to me. It's like, come on, I already KNOW I'm fat, but you don't have to be so heartless. Had to go and get a T.B. test, and will go back for the follow-up sometime tomorrow before class. Andrew ate so much stuff that I wanted yesterday! lol...Taco Bell and other assorted goodies. I "indulged" on a South Beach Diet bar for my lunch, and had chicken for dinner, which Andrew LOVED the recipe. We went and saw "Rent" yesterday evening as well. I really didn't care for it as much as I was thinking I would...and Andrew LOATHED it. Got in 20 minutes last night, Andrew danced with me for 13, and I hopped on the recumbent bicycle (his) for another 7. Did the same thing this evening. It's fun to see us both dancing, and screwing up! lol!!! I noticed that my appetite has really gone down. When I eat, I'm not eating as much, and sometimes, I'm just not HUNGRY around lunchtime. I weighed in today, and I'm down another 4 pounds!! Down to 313. I'm hoping to get to -40 by the 12th, as that will mark two months on the diet! Only 3 more pounds to lose! I noticed something yesterday...I wasn't going to work out, and then I felt like I would be lazy if I didn't...so I just did it. And then today, I had a DESIRE to work out for a little bit...that's crazy for me, as I've NEVER been an exercise nut, OBVIOUSLY! lol. Had a little NSV today...I looked in the mirror at Best Buy, and I could see a little change in my body. I didn't feel as fat. Although, I felt extremely ugly today. We were looking at the digital cameras, and I took a few pics of myself, and BOY did I look gross! UGH! Hopefully it was just the lack of me washing my face...lol, and the lighting. But I still felt a LITTLE thinner. So it was a good day. Well, Andrew's out of the shower, and we are going to relax before bed. He starts his new job tomorrow...at the same place my mom works...but he's on 2nd shift. And it's back to classes for me tomorrow. Hope you chicks have a GREAT night!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Just want to pop back on for a couple of messages.

AMMI -- HUGS! What sad and awful news! I know I'd want a good cry. Good for you for not turning to food.

Valerie -- I loved hearing how you KNOW you can lose weight on the truck now -- what a turnaround. For years I thought I could never lose weight because my husband ate so poorly. After all, if he was eating, so was I. I'm glad he didn't join me on the get healthy kick for a number of months, cause I surely proved that to be wrong! What an excuse that was!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #19  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Butterflyns - Way to go on the loss! Also, I really like your new avatar - you are so pretty!

Valerie – Good luck on your offer for the farm. That is really exciting.

Ammi - We haven't bought the Star Trek DVD's, but we have all of the Stargate ones. There are so many Star Trek TNG seasons - that is going to take you awhile to get all of them. It is nice having a present like that which you know your hubby is going to like. Sometimes it can be so hard to choose the right present.

Brenda – That is so fantastic about your loss. I know you were getting frustrated with plateauing - it is amazing how our bodies can stop losing (apparently) for a while and then drop so much in one week.

Kayley - man do I want to come over there and smack your doctor upside the head! What an
Way to go on the loss - you are so rockin!

I have several bellydance tapes and I really like them. I find the Veena and Neena Bellydance Fitness for Beginners aren’t TOO difficult – there are some of the moves I can’t do, but mostly I can follow them.

I had a little NSV tonight. We were bottling a batch of my BF's beer and it was my job to stand there and cap the bottles. Recently, within 10 minutes of standing I start to get tired and my feet start to hurt. I was able to stand there the whole time and I was fine. Not a big thing, but still noticable.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:32 AM   #20  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Ammi - sometimes i think its wierd that i have such an emotional investment in people that i talk to online, but the truth is, that places like this i can be who i really am, and i feel like everyone else is who they really are. they dont have to be cool or perfect. thats what makes relationships like these that much more special. i know that i cant say anything to make you feel better, nor would i want to. grief is a beautiful thing to experiance. it shows that you are alive. and altho i am sorry for your loss, i am ALSO proud of you for not eating your emotions. EXPERIANCE them. thats how we grow spiritually - and incidentally not physically CONGRATS for not turning to that metaphorical chocolate cake *BIGHUG*

kayley - you know, some people will never get it. im sure that *** of a doctor never had to go through what you are going through. be PROUD of yourself for your accomplishments. you are an inspiration, and you are only 19. thats amazing! I also know how you feel about working out. i mean seriously, i could sit at my computer all day (which i do) or go to the gym for an hour or so. and honestly, which is gonna make my butt smaller.

i had a small NSV kinda yesterday. i put on a bra that i havent been able to fit into for a while. it was a little tight, but i wore it anyway. i did pick the wrong day to do that tho, because i worked a 20 hour day yesterday. it definately wasnt an 18 hour bra, but it was nice that it fit again also in my normal bras im on the most inside hooks rather than the last ones - and thats in a 44bra

it really has slowed down here lately. i hope its just due to the server switch and not people being scared off. speak up lurkers!!
Old 02-06-2006, 03:22 AM   #21  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Well, it is certainly very nice to be able to get back on here and post. I was out for two days! Don't know why it took so long. Hubby said he had never heard of this sort of thing happening when a site changed server. He even asked a lot of people who design sites and they didn't understand what was going on. Still... we are back up and running, which is the important thing I suppose. I just really missed everyone.

I had a bit of a disappointment over the weekend. We bought a new set of scales, that measure body fat as well as hydration levels. Well, these scales are about 2lbs higher than the other digital scales, which are about 3lbs above the original scales I was using to weigh myself. I was disappointed to find that I am actually only just into the 165lb area, whereas I was hoping to be heading down to the 160 mark soon. I decided that I would change my starting weight, as it seems as though I was probably about 353lbs when I started, not 350. I want to change that, as I feel as though I have still lost the same amount of weight altogether (even though I weigh a little more than I thought) and I have EARNT the recognition of that, so I have adjusted my tracker to show my current details. I figured that these new scales are probably the most accurate, so I may as well stick to what they are telling me. I have a body fat of 30% at the moment, which shows at the high end of 'optimal', so I'm pretty happy about that. I weigh myself after exercising though, so my hydration is a little low. It is still in the optimal range, but towards the lower end.

Other than that, things are pretty much moving along as usual. Kids were good today. I only taught them for half the day as the rest was planning time. I'm not sure I like having almost all my planning on one day, but if I have to do that, at least Monday is a good day to do it.

I was really pleased with my exercise over the weekend. With reporting to everyone on the exercise thread, I get motivated to do that little extra each time. So far, on Sat, Sun and this morning I am already almost 70 mins up on what I had planned. That is a good feeling.

Ammi - I am SO sorry for what you are going through at the moment. I can certainly understand how you can become emotionally involved with people on the Internet. I know you have support to help you through this and I agree with you that at least they will be released from their pain. Take care of yourself.

Kayley - I can NOT believe that your doctor would be so insensitive!!!! How rude!!!! I think I would have just wanted to walk out on him. I don't suppose that was an option for you though. My doctor wasn't really impressing me for a while. She never really commented on my weight loss, except to ask one day what I planned to do with the wrinkly bits under my arms. If that was the best she could come up with, I wasn't very happy. Last time I had to go to the doctor, she was on holiday and I had to see someone else. Well, this guy is MUCH more impressed with my efforts and he let me know it. I know which doctor I will be returning to when I have to. I hope you manage to find someone like that in future. You deserve some recognition for losing 40lbs. That is a great amount and they should understand that.

Luan - Don't you just love it when clothes fit that wouldn't go anywhere near you before. I try on clothes every few weeks, just to check, and almost always there is something new that will fit. I was lucky enough to have some clothes passed down to me and a few of those fit now, which is saving a bit of money.

Nancy - It is great that you are noticing little differences in your stamina. I seem to take longer to notice these things and it often takes a while of me doing something before I say to myself "Do you realise you couldn't have done this a while ago". That always gives me a little chuckle. I wonder why I don't notice the first time I am able to do it. Just a little slow I suppose.

Garnetfairy - I really hope you manage to throw that infection soon. It can't be easy trying to sort out a healthy lifestyle when you are sick. I will be sending positive thoughts your way.

Well done to everyone who is losing. It is great to hear that so many great choices are being made as far as food and exercise go. I'm still making good choices, but the scales seem to have stopped again. It's a little early for TOM though, so not sure why this time.

Take care all,

Zelma
Old 02-06-2006, 03:54 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning All,

I am feeling ok this morning, still no news on my friends, I guess they are going to fight to the bitter end!

On a brighter note I had my weigh in this morning and despite only really being on plan 100% for just over 2 weeks I have lost 11 lbs That's enough to keep me smiling for a while

I didn't sleep well last night, so I am going to try to have a sleep now. I can exercise this afternoon. I just wanted to check in and change my ticker.

Thank you all of you for your kind words about my friends, you are all amazing and I appreciate you all so much

I'll be back later,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 02-06-2006, 05:28 AM   #23  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

Zelma - it put me in a good mood all day

Ammi - COngrats on your loss!!! 11 lbs! you are totally surpassing me! im jealous!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:46 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 333/293/175

Height: 5' 2"

Default GREAT weigh in Ammi :)

Hi Ammi
So happy to see that you have lost HORRAY!
Thought I may catch you on Yahoo but I see you had trouble sleeping last night over your friends
Your Friend,
No More Hurt
Old 02-06-2006, 07:08 AM   #25  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Congratulations on the weigh in Ammi!!!! It gives such a buzz to see those scales going down. I know you needed something to put a smile on your face, so I hope this worked.

I also hope that you are managing to get some sleep at the moment. Pleasant dreams.

Zelma
Old 02-06-2006, 08:18 AM   #26  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Ammi--woohoo, great loss! I'm so sorry to hear about your friends from your other board It's amazing how close you can get to people even when you only know them online...I feel like there are some people here I've known my whole life (and some I wished I really had!)

Nancy (and anyone else having trouble sticking to their plan on weekends)--I hear ya about the weekends being hardest. Have you heard of calorie cycling (also referred to as "zig zag" dieting, I believe)? This is when you have some very high-calorie days and some low, but your daily average each week is in a healthy range. It's supposed to keep your metabolism more active, too, for your body never settles on just the same amount of calories all the time. I have done it before and am starting again because I know it worked...I do low calories Monday through Wednesday (about 1200 per day), higher on Thursday and Friday (maybe 1600-1750), and then high on the weekend (up to 2500 each day). Averaged out, it still comes to between 1600-1800 calories per day for the week (keep in mind these numbers are for me, so they're just an example--you oculd tailor it to whatever calorie amount you prefer for an aberage). I really like it because if you have an event like a party or something, you can use that as a high-calorie day and just cut back on one of the weekend days if you have to. Just a suggestion--oh, but make sure your weigh-in day isn't right after a high-cal day (since higher-cal often also means higher-sodium!)

Butterflyns--congrats on the 5.8...that's amazing for just one week!

Valerie--it's so true that your own mindset can really make a difference. It's so easy to say that you can't diet while on the truck. I used to do the same thing (oh, I'm WAY too busy to lose weight--I work 60+ hours a week plus do blah blah blah...), but now, NO MORE EXCUSES!

Brenda M--wow, down 8 in one week--that's AMAZING!

Kayley--what a jerk doctor! I can't believe how insensitive some "professionals" can be. Rather than make you feel bad, he should have been supporting your weight loss efforts with congratulations and "keep-up-the-good-work" type statements. Uh, I SO wouldn't have been able to not say something snappy in return

Luan--congrats on fitting back into an old bra! I did the same thing...I finally just fit back into one and was so excited that I wore it all day...NOT a good idea

Had a pretty good weekend...I finally decided what I wanted Jeff to buy me with the money his mother sent us. We didn't have a matching bed set since my set was for a double bed, and we use Jeff's queen size bed now. We were just using some mix n match sheets and a heavy off-white cotton blanket--no comforter or bedspread or anything. So we went shopping on Saturday, and I found 3 sets I liked. We immediately ruled out one because it was microsuede, so it was dry-clean only...too high-maintenance for my tastes Then it was down to 2...one was kinda green, gold, and ivory, and the other was teals and tans. The greener one was $99.99 for the set (both included comforter, sheets, shams, and bedskirt), and the teal one was $199.99. Guess which one I liked more Jeff was like, "But the green one is fine, and the teal is $100 more!" but I just gave him the puppy dog eyes and said, "But I like the teal one." We got the teal one My mother and his mother had both bought us neutral-colored sheets (tan and off white), so I'm glad we found something that those will still work well with. Here's what our set looks like:
http://lnt.imageg.net/graphics/produ...p1890922dt.jpg
It makes me feel very grown-up to have something that's not like my bright and crazy college decor Plus Jeff likes that it's not girly--my last set was kinda shiny plum, maroon, and gold and had gold embroidered flowers, so he's definitely on board with this one

Okay, enough about the bedroom...I had a pretty good weekend food-wise, too. I went way overboard yesterday (we ordered pizza and had tortilla chips and dip while we watched the SuperBowl, but I minimized damage as much as possible--baked chips, turkey chili, and ff cream cheese for the dip...), but even with the nearly 3000 calories yesterday, my average for the past 7 days is still below 1800 Just gotta drink all the sodium away now
Old 02-06-2006, 08:42 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I weighed in today, lost 1 lb, I feel a little sick as I GAINED 2 lbs last week, 40 mins HARD exercise each weekday + some walking too, I had hoped that I would lose 3-5lbs including the 2 I gained last week.
I wonder if anyone else has had this happen to them?
I am having a cake today, its my birthday on Wednesday, I'd rather have it today then I can get back to being good the rest of the week and I have all week to work it off!!
Ammi, well done, and the other losers.
I know I should be glad, my loss works out at 15 lbs over a month, oh well.
keep it up everyone,
xxsharon
Old 02-06-2006, 09:52 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi All --

Ammi -- Congrats on the big loss! That's terrific! I am so very proud of you!

Sharon -- Hey my birthday is today! Happy day to both of us.

So, today is my 40th birthday. Last summer, when I weighed 295, I felt at least 50. I had a moment when I thought "I want to be healthier at 50 than when I turn 40." Wow. A commitment to better health! Of course, that thought alone was not enough to get me to DO anything about my weight. But it was one of the pieces that got me started.

So, now I AM 40. I weigh 233 pounds (down 62 from the start). I am healthier than I was 7 months ago, but I guess the question is, will I be healthier in 10 years than I am today? I'm hoping for a big ole yes.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #29  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just a quick little note--if anyone is interested in Calorie Cycling, I have started a support thread about it over in the Calorie Counters section...you can find it here:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75339
I'd love for more to join us, so stop on by whether you're already doing it, would like to try it, or would just like to learn more about it
Old 02-06-2006, 10:57 AM   #30  
South Beach Life Style

Ammi: way to go on the weight loss,, "you are preachen to the choir Sister, AMEN!"

I am Starting South Beach today, I am not sure if I have all the groceries for it, so I am going day by day , untill I go to the store Thursday,...

Kayley: I am sure I will be giving you a hollor. take care, and find another doctor, if you can.

It has snowed about 6 inches here since Saturday, not too bad, but it is cold. The sun is trying to shine, but it is COLD!

Dont know if any of you are Football watchers or not, but MY TEAM WON, PITTSBURGH WON THE SUPERBOWL.. SO HAPPY , I JUMPED UP AND DOWN SO MUCH WHILE THE GAME WAS ON , I GOT A 60 MINUTE WORK OUT OR BETTER,,LOL

Take Care All , Thanks for the Responses on the South Beach I was asking about.....I appreciate it.
Closed Thread