Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:09 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi Kayley,

Wow your mother certainly is a trooper, and I am so glad that she is beating the cancer. It's so awful that it's the second time she has had to battle, but it sounds like she is doing well and that's the most important thing. It must be a worry that you know you could get stomach cancer, but hopefully it won't happen, and having those regular tests sounds like a good idea.

My sister is actually my half sister, we have the same mum. Mum hasn't had breast cancer, nor have my aunties or nannas, so I assuming that the Cancer might be a one off, or something on her dad's side of the family. I did ask my doctor if I would need screening just in case, but she said no. I am very careful to do breast examinations every time I shower though, better to be safe than sorry.

Hugs to your mum, yes from a complete stranger, but one who commends her for her fight and is so happy she is winning it.

Take care,

Ammi
Old 01-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hi Andrea - welcome to the group. I have been AWOL since around late December. Not dieting, and not posting. I am still not dieting, that will start again on Monday. Anyway I will post regularly again, and I hope you will too.

Dogpal invited you to our daily chat post, I hope you will pop on there and say hi and get to know us all. It all moves pretty fast, but don't let it overwhelm you. You don't have to reply to everybody, just pop on and tell us your news and ask any questions you have.

It sounds like being overweight really brings you down, as it does all of us or we wouldn't be here. But do try not to be so hard on yourself. You are a beatufiul person and you deserve the love of a good man no matter what your size. You probably won't believe that though, so just do your best to get the weight off, and I am sure as the lbs come off, your confidence will build.

Take care and do post when you can,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 01-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #33  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

Valerie – It’s pretty nice to have it in the building, but I still do my share of driving. I live almost 25 miles from work and drive with traffic, so in the morning it usually takes me 45 to 60 minutes to get there. It’s funny – I don’t even know where the regular stairs are in my building (although I have spotted the emergency ones). However, the building is HUGE and I work on the 6th floor on the South side and the gym is on the first floor of the North side. Just to walk to the gym, not using the stairs, is actually quite a hike. Maybe once my knees are in better shape I’ll hunt down the stairs.

Kayley – I think I remember you said you were in school, right? Have you checked there to see if they offer any student insurance plans? As I remember, when I was going to school they had one that was basic, but was pretty cheap.

Ammi – One of my problems with the measuring is that I don’t have a long enough tape measure. I need to buy a new one that is longer. Otherwise I have had to measure myself with string and then try to match it up to a ruler, and it is harder to do.
Old 01-05-2006, 11:42 PM   #34  

Cool Newbie here, want to say Hi!

Hey everyone. My name is Andrea. I'm 23 and a Mom to 2 beautiful kids. 2 yr old girl & 1 yr old boy. My 3rd (another boy) is due in 5 weeks!

My husband and I separated in October and despite my efforts to work things out, go to counseling, try and save our marriage... he pretty much decided it was over. He will be part of my life forever because we do have children together and he does love them and spends every weekend with them. So I'm in an incredibly difficult position because I'm VERY angry and VERY sad but am trying to behave as civilly as possible for the sake of our kids. Can't believe he did this while I was pregnant but... everything happens for a reason I suppose. I am doing my best to look forward to the future and organize a plan for myself and my children and my "new life". Part of this includes going to college full-time next year, assuming that I will qualify for the grants and loans needed to attend and put the kids in daycare while I'm in class. The other part I'm very excited about is losing weight and exercising... pretty much beginning to live a healthy lifestlye that will allow me to run around with my kids, go to amusement parks, fit into the seat of an airplane comfortably, and live a long, long life. And looking hot is good motivation too!!
So to sum things, I'm at a "starting over" point in life. I can't exactly start a diet and exercise regime now at 35 weeks preggo but I am preparing for it when the time does come (probably a couple of weeks post-c-section) and am SO happy to have found this board! I am currently 5'4", 325 lbs. and will probably be a similar weight after delivery. I think my long term goal will be around 150 lbs. but will probably set smaller goals and go from there.... Oh, just a lil' more background.. I've been overweight since kindergarten or so and obese since puberty so this is a HUGE thing for me to undertake. I've dropped weight before, maybe 30 or 40lbs. at the most. I've NEVER come even close to seriously and permanently losing the weight I need to. NOW I feel I have the motivation I need to do so.

I'm happy to be here and hope I get to know you all as I begin this journey with you!!!

Peace,
HippieMomma
Old 01-06-2006, 12:09 AM   #35  
Future Ice-Age survivor

Hi everyone!! I've had an okay day today. I talked to this really cute guy at Hobby Lobby for a long time today, which means, I'm not as shy about guys as I thought I was. I'm trying to figure out the best means for me to lose weight. I bought the new People mag about the people who lost weight. There was a woman in there who weighed what I do and got down to 170 I think. She did the Medifast diet. I looked it up and its expensive and I don't know if I could do it. My mom says for me to count calories and fat and eat smaller portions. It sounds good in theory, but will it work? I need to excercise too.
What kind of excercise do yall do? I get out of breath so easy these days, and I have bad knees. I can do some hiking and stuff so they aren't that bad, I guess. Me, my sis, and my bf Cory went hiking at the state park the other day. There was a really long uphill part and I thought my heart was gonna bust out of my chest. I hate slowing down the hike cause I have to rest a minute. One day I wanna hike the Appalachian Trail. Its one of my many dreams.
Do any of yall have alot of body aches due to being overweight? Today, my lower back, knees, shoulders, calves, and even my neck have been hurting. My doc always tells me if I lose weight, I won't hurt anymore. But, I just go to a doc-in-the-box cause I can't afford a good doctor. (No insurance+college student w/out a job=poor) Anyways.
Can I ask for relationship advice on this site???? It kinda has to do with being overweight, because being overweight makes me more afraid that people don't really like me and stuff.
Yall can call me Andie since there is now another Andrea on here. Welcome Andrea (HippieMom). You stole my name, or rather I stole yours or something. But, its a cool name. Are you an "Awndrea" or "Andrea" just how it looks? I'm an "Andrea", the "Awndrea" pronunciation was too fancy for my momma and daddy. Heheh.
Wells, thats it for now.
Old 01-06-2006, 12:28 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I have had a simply GRUELING week this week. Eating has been okay, but low on that exercise. In fact, I actually had to work WHILE I exercised -- it was the only way to fit everything in. I hope things will get better this weekend, but we're having company, and so have had the extra work of getting the house ready for that. I am simply ready to collapse.

So many posts, and I can't respond to them all, so I'll just run!

Welcome all the new people! Check out our exercise thread!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 03:34 AM   #37  
banned

S/C/G: 322/ticker/165

Height: 5*7

kayley - have you thought about enrolling in school so you can get medical benefits? you know that you get health services when you enroll. even in community college
Old 01-06-2006, 08:31 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

AmmiUK - My mom loves any and all support she gets, even from complete strangers, so THANK YOU!

Notthecheat - I'll have to look into that. I didn't even THINK to ask about insurance, since I'm only 19, and technically, my Mom still claims me as a dependant, since I'm a full time student.

AlabamaChubster - I feel the same way you do. I'm nervous around people I don't know, and even AFRAID of them, because of what they might be thinking or what they might say to me. I know it's because I'm overweight, and I know that once I lose about 60 pounds, I'll start to feel better about myself. That's probably the only thing that will help. I was so scared that people didn't really like me or something. Even though my boyfriend and I have been together for over a year now, for about 6 months, I was still wondering if he really loved me. I have such bad self esteem. But I've almost finally come to accept the fact that he doesnt CARE what I look like, and he just wants me to be healthy. He has never judged me for what I look like EVER, and I love him so much.

HippieMomma - I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't work out for you and your husband. Congratulations on the new little bundle of joy about to arrive! I hope you will find this forum to be helpful and motivating!
Old 01-06-2006, 09:46 AM   #39  

Red face Stopping by

Hi, everyone.

We've had a busy two days at my house. My husband woke up at 3 a.m. yesterday vomiting and continued vomiting for six straight hours. His doctor told him to come in and he ended up getting 3 bags of IV fluid and three shots to stop the vomiting. After 14 hours of vomiting (nothing was left at that point and it was bile), the poor thing finally got some relief (I had to give him a suppository with the medicine that stops the throwing up, however). I have NEVER seen anyone so sick in all my life. I had to stay home today to take care of him. There's no way he could be alone.

I had a small accomplishment though. I wanted to eat so bad yesterday after all the stress and I kept thinking about stopping and buying junk food on the way home, but I didn't and I even came up short on my calorie count for the day (not eating as many as I was supposed to). I had to talk myself out of making myself feel better with junk food, but I DID IT!!!

He's feeling better today and so am I (relieved), but I'm going to sterilize the whole house! His doctor said this is going around and it lasts 1 to 2 days so be warned. (I hope I don't get it!!! I want to lose weight, but not that bad.) This is a really bad illness and I hope no one else gets it!!!!!!!!!!

I'll be back over the weekend. Obviously, I have a lot to do today!

Take care, everyone.

P.S.: I'm sorry so many chicks are still feeling bad too. Hope you get well fast!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:14 PM   #40  

Well I haven't posted in about a week and just wanted to welcome all the newbies. Congrats to all the losers. Congrats to all those that came back after cheating over the holidays....I am one of those that cheated as well. I have been busy this week with school registration and nursing orientation. I start my classes on Monday. I am really excited but I know it is gonna be a lot of hard work. I went to get my books for my classes and there is like 9 of them and they are huge. I guess I am gonna have to learn how to manage nursing school and my husband and son.

Looks like there are 2 more Andreas on here....this may get confusing...HEHE!!

Alabamachubster--What part of Bama are you from? I live outside of Huntsville.

Gotta run. Stay on track girls!!
Old 01-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #41  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Hi girls! Just hava minute to check in - dh wants to take the numbers to the accountant, but I better check them out first. This is the first year he's done them, and I'm betting he forgot a few things. We got the truck back this morning, and I'm going to take a shot at working out this afternoon. Can't remember if I updated you after the x-rays, but basically they didn't show anything possitive, so dr just said whatever it is will take 3 months to heal, and if anything hurts too much take a pill and take it easy. I declined the pills. Pain is the bodies way of saying "QUIT!", so I'll just listen closer. I'm feeling WORLDS better than I was 2 days ago, anyway! SO glad he didn't say I couldn't walk or work out.... I DON'T think I'll be cleaning any stalls for a while tho - that's probably what aggrevated the ribs earlier this week.

ANDREA & ANDIE - Good to have U here! I have trouble keeping up sometimes, but even when I've been gone it's good to know these ladies are here to come back to, and they never give me make-up tests like in school! They're just here to share all of our ups & downs with.

ANDREA - I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I know you can't begin to put in your post what you're going thru, but I hope you know that many of us have been in somewhat similar situations, and we sure do feel for you! It will be wonderful to hold that new angel in your arms, though. I wish you all the success in the world at school next year, too! I just started back myself - online - and it's a challenge, but a good one. Do you know what you'll be going back for?

ANDIE - What a fantastic goal!!! To hike the Appalachian Trail! That is SO cool! I'd love to do that... or knowing me, I'd love to ride it but hiking it would be fantastic, too! I dream of being able to hike just a mile or two up to some caves I've heard about, or from the road down to the beach & back (ever try to climb a hill of sand? ) You really will feel so much better, far less achy as well as easier breathing and more energy as you lose weight! With the 40+ I've lost so far I feel SO much more like myself. When I carry a bag or 2 of heavy groceries in, I just keep thinking "I used to carry more than this with every step I took." Have you considered setting a walk-a-thon as a shorter goal before the Ap Trail? I'd like to try one or more this year, especially if I can find someone to walk it with. hmmm... ****IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO TAKE THIS AS AN INVITATION/CHALLANGE, I live in N.E.Ohio and I'd be willing to drive to one as far away as Detroit, Indy, Lexington, Wheeling, Pittsburgh, Buffalo or anywhere in Ohio.**** See what you started, Andie? Who knows how many of us might hike at least part of the trail with you!?

AND... ANDREA S30 - Sounds like part of the entrance exams for nursing school should be like UPS - "How much weight can U lift?" LOL! Good luck with school and the balancing act! I hope you don't forget about us here while you're buried in books!!

WYLLENN - I'll see you on the exercise thread after I work out this p.m.

PRINCESSPUFFYPANTS - (I still think that's so cute!) Glad to hear from you! Perhaps I've missed your posts, but don't think I've heard from U much lately. Good to see you again!

KAYLEY - I'm sure you're not alone in worrying what others might think or say. I worry about it myself. I feel like I should always be apoligizing for my weight. On the other hand, if they actually SAY something tacky or unkind, then I get mad & they are immediately demoted to punkyhole status, and I don't give a HOOT what a punkyhole thinks! I still worry about what is unspoken, though. Especially as a horsewomen, I have to think everyone is thinking "The poor horse, she's too big to ride!" Hey, even I feel sorry for the horse! I'm frequently asked if I'm a "trainer" and that question always hangs me up. Do I teach lessons? Yes. Do I train horses? Yes. But the very term "trainer" implies that I should be skinny. And that I should already have my own farm (which I used to) and that I should be training full time (which I'd love to.) But the skinny part is the most obvious, and it makes me feel horrible.... I hope your mom is doing well under the circumstances. What a tough fight she has, but she'll beat it again. I hope today is a good day for her!!

TASHA - OH, my goodness, your poor hubby! How terrible he must feel and how drained! I hope you don't get it, too!! ... on your NSV yesterday, staying OP in spite of the stress!! I woke up this morning resolving to lose 40 pounds from my Christmas weight by Easter, but two hours later when I stopped for coffee, I HAD to have a donut. Every single one of them was fresh and calling MY name. But the store was suddenly full of customers, and I refuse to be SEEN buying a donut (Kayley - see what I mean about worrying what people think?) so I browsed until I found the Special K bars - 90 cals + vitamins. I ESCAPED! without a donut! Phew!

Yah, well, so much for a "short" post. It's snowing enough here to make a penguin feel at home - so much for 50% chance of flurries, too! BEST WISHES TO ALL
Old 01-06-2006, 03:13 PM   #42  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I got my teeth cleaned, got my immigration photos taken, mailed my last big box, and now I am getting ready to clean house because my roommate comes home tonight. I am mostly packed, I've gotten everything in the mail I had to take care of except my new checks, new driver's license, and the FBI background check I have to have. The checks and driver's license are no big deal. I can use the ones with the old address until the new ones arrive. I am starting to get a tad worried about the FBI thing. It was supposed to come in 6 weeks. They haven't even cashed the check yet. That worries me. I am using one of those UPS private mail boxes for my Florida legal address, so when it comes they can just forward it to me, but if it has gotten lost, I'll have to start over again with fingerprints, etc. I wish there was some way I could just call and check on it. I'm hoping it is just taking longer because of the holidays.

Himself has already arranged for me to have a workout buddy. One of his friends goes to water aerobics, and she has agreed to come by and pick me up. My -50 degree snowboots got here yesterday, and they have gone in the suitcase with my down parka. Now if the airline is nice enough to make sure the bag gets to Edmonton, and if immigration doesn't give me a hard time about my visa, then everything else is gravy. It is four more days to the trip, and 10 until the wedding. I just have to survive. I do understand why that Georgia woman went on the lam from the stress of a wedding. He'd better be worth all this paperwork, that's all I've got to say.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM   #43  

Hello everyone and nice to meet you! Particularly my name buddies.... BTW AlabamaChubster, mine is pronounced Ann-dree-uh as well. hehe. I think hiking the appalachian trail is an amazing, exciting goal! My group of friends are all addicted to caving. Wriggling down into the deep, dark, underworld, squeezing through tight little tunnels, twisting and turning past the bats and beautiful formations... I want to go with them some day. I go camping with them, but have only done a "walk-through" cave. Nothing like they experience.
Thanks for all the "hellos" and I must say, it's very inspiring to see the "tickers" in your signatures. I can't wait to start my own.
Oh, and I plan on going to school for communications. I have a few years of radio experience (on-air) and want to maybe work for a larger market station or even a tv station or newspaper.... some form of media probably.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:32 PM   #44  

Hey everyone!! My name is Andrea, I actually joined a while ago, I have yet to post however. I am at my highest weight EVER, and I am very uncomfortable. I will as my name says be a future hotty though!! I look forward to getting to know everyone!!

Andrea
Old 01-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #45  

Default Wow!

Wow... another Andrea! This must be a sign.

Of what I have no idea.

Hi Andrea!
Closed Thread