Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #1  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again....#792

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!

I know you'll all agree that we are really thankful for the free services here at 3FC. The sisters offer all of this support and information with no charges to us. There are a couple of ways though that we can help out.

If you are thinking about buying anything at Amazon, why not help out 3FC at the same time? You can do this by clicking on the button for Amazon on any page in the forum, or by clicking on the button on the main 3FC page at www.3fatchicks.com . A portion of your purchase price will be given to 3FC by Amazon. It doesn't increase your price at all, but it does help out 3FC. You can use any of the Amazon.com links that you see on the site in order to help contribute to the site.

Also, BTW, in case you didn't know it, you can view the message boards "ad free" for a minimal charge. I think it's like $15 for 6 months. A very small investment to be rid of the annoying ads and make your pages load quicker.

There have been some concerns expressed by the powers that be about copyright infringement. So please, if you are directly quoting someone else or printing an article in whole or in part, please give credit where credit is due!!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 326/326/164

Height: 5'11"

Hi there I am new here. This is the only place I have admitted my weight. Even when my husband comes to the doctor with me I make him turn around when they weigh me. I am looking forward to getting to know you all!

~Sharon
Old 12-05-2005, 02:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 510/see tracker/160

Height: 5' 9 1/2"

This is pretty much what it looks like at my house outside so I thought I would put it in!

Brenda: Yea on your -3 pounds That was so sweet of you to do your mom's tree. I hope the insurance calls you tomorrow.

Rayne: Good luck at your interview Tuesday. I hope that they don't you by your size! Let us know how you do!

Catherine: You are so sweet that your heart is in Canada. This year will fly by and you will be with him soon!

Futurediva: Glad to see you back again. Hope you get less busy soon.

Lori: I'm glad that you are feeling better. Hang in there and hug Deb for us.

Kim: You will love it here.

Teahoney: Yea on your -1.5

Christine: Yea to you on your -3

Caroleam: and congrats on your -11 already. Water weight or not, it is still off.

Shadie: Glad to see you cruisin on back in here. I pm you with my email. Happy things are going ok also. Keep up the good work.

Brandnewme: You are so sweet. for thinking of me about my brother. How is married life?

Sharon: You will love it here! congrats on your -5

If I missed anyone..... So sorry. You are all in my heart and hope that you are doing wonderful. Ammi hope you feel better soon. Catherine, you too.

Blessings to you all,
Dogpal
Old 12-05-2005, 04:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

I am finally over the migraine , 8 DAYS of pain, nausea and feeling REALLY grouchy. Great to hear from you Shadie P. people like you make the world a better place, I know the kids are your sister's BUT still lots of people would have said they did'nt have the room or it wasn't convenient, give youself a BIG HUG, or better get hubby to! You deserve it, weightloss is not as important as family, though with all that rushing around I bet you will be pleasantly suprised!
I didn't exercise yesterday but I am going to as soon as my older son goes to school, in about 5 mins. We put the tree up yesterday and some lights, today, as hubby is on nights, he will put up the garlands and balloons when he gets up. I DO NOT like climbing ladders so he always does that, we used to have them up on Dec. first but the last couple opf years we have been too busy to do it, two small boys poking fingers into everything and HELPING (?) makes it too risky to do it unless we are both there to watch them as we decorate.
I am finally starting to feel a bit christmassy, with the decorations up, its cold and I have got all my presents, apart from some I'm waiting to be delivered from E Bay and Amazon.
to all the new girls and to everyone who's losing, exercising or even maintaining (it IS a difficult time of year to keep you weight in check).

Ammi, where ru? not seen you on 3fc or messenger, hope you are ok.

bye for now,
sharon
Old 12-05-2005, 09:19 AM   #5  

Well looks like we have several new people....WELCOME!! We had a good weekend even though it has been very cold and raining most of the weekend. We went to the Christmas parade downtown on Saturday afternoon. We had a really good time and my son loved it. We did a lot of walking that afternoon which is great. Hope everyone else had a great weekend.

Teahoney--Way to go on the 1.5 pound loss. AWESOME!!

Rayne!! Look forward to getting to know you!! Good luck on your interview.

Kim!! Glad you have joined this great group of supportive ladies.

Brenda-- Congrats on the 2 pound loss!! Way to GO!!!

Carole-- !! Sounds like you are off to a great start with your weight loss...Keep up the great work!!

Shadiepurple--I would go nuts if I couldn't log on to 3FC...Glad you were finally able to. Great job with your exercise. Keep it up!!

Sharon!! I know it is hard to admit your weight...I only do it on here and to my husband. Atleast you know here we don't judge and we are all in the same situation. Look forward to getting to know you.

Sharon--Glad you are feeling better!!

Dogpal--I am very jealous that you have snow...I live in Alabama and we rarely get snow...I am hoping for snow this winter....just one time is all I ask. My poor son has been telling me for the past two years that he wants to make a snowman.

Ammi--Haven't seen you post in a couple days....I hope everything is okay.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:56 AM   #6  

Talking

Howdy Ladies!

For those of you who don't know me, I usually post over on the "Old Hens" but read all your posts and drop in here occasionally.

There are so many newbies here! This is a GREAT bunch of ladies and a super support system! You couldn't have come to a better place! Glad to have you here!

Sharon: I didn't let my husband know my weight until I weighed less than he did when we started dieting. We are losing together, he started at 285. Stinks to weigh more than your husband, doesn't it. I still do, of course, he's down to 230. But I was under 285 before I let him know my weight.

Shadypurple: It was good to see your post. Haven't seen you for a while.

Catherine: Still looking for those dress photos!

Well ladies, must run. Wanted to drop in and say howdy! And I have, so now I'm done!!!

Keep up the good work!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:26 PM   #7  
Shadiepurple

Smile

Greetings my chickadees ! Hope everyone is feeling strong today . I'm feeling detemined this morning .

Thank you all for the sweet greetings and noticing that I'm back..tee hee. I've been around just not gabbing much. Strange things posess me to chat...lol

Miss Sharon Voodoo: I'm am soooo sorry about the head pain. I had a migrain for a whole month . I had 3 ct scans with no findings. I was nauseus, spots in my vision, major sound sensetive, the works. I have had them since I was 9 yrs old, but the month long thing I thought would kill me. That was a year ago last May but I remember it like it just happend. Hang in there girl!
Also thank you for the cheers about all the kids in my house. They are my brother's children. He is in prison for last 4 years until who knows when . He has been granted a new trial so hopfully not too much longer. But he is going crazy not being able to care for his girls. Thats the hardest part about this whole thing is that I never liked the mom in the first place. We dont fight or anything so out ward. She has always trusted me for some reason so I give her the respect as the girls mom. My mom passed away 2 years ago, and the kids were all she thought about while she was sick. She begged me to keep an eye on them for her. Well, I guess she knew this was in their future. She is helping me with her strength and love from above. Anyway, hope that migrain was your share for the next year..lol best wishes to you.

Dogpal: Thank you for the pm. Got it, memerized it, added it and wrote it in my address book..lol everything short of tattooing it. You'll have to go in hiding to get away from me now. ..lol

Have a great day everyone. Enjoy your loved ones today, even the tough stuff.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #8  

Talking Sharon

I'll admit it, Sharon...

I've been married 11 years and I only told my husband how much I weigh two months ago.

He doesn't take it seriously enough about how much I have to lose so I felt it was necessary to tell him how much I'm dealing with. I think he understands better now and has definitely been trying to be more supportive (instead of saying "it's OK if you have a slice of cake").

The only people who know what I weigh are my husband, my mother, my doctors and you guys.

It's snowing here and I have some relaxing to do so c-ya later.

Congratulations to everyone who lost!!!!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:54 PM   #9  
trying again!

S/C/G: 417/323/185

Height: 5'6"

Evening Chicks!!

I can relate. I have never told my husband either how much I weigh. He knows that I have committed myself to losing 200lbs. He can do the math

I don't plan on stopping there though. 200 is not where I want to be either in the big scheme of things. But it sounds darm tootin good right now

I am back in the swing of things this week. I want a 4lb loss next time. I know it is possible. I just have to stay focused and baking chewy chocolate christmas treats is not the way to do it *L* I did just back on the exercise wagon and upped my water intake again for the next few days. Only time will tell!

Had some good news from my insurance adjuster. The new guy wants to get this over with... "quick"! Whoohoo! Finally a man after my own heart *L* He is going to call me tomorrow with the $ amt and advance me a check. Which means that I can go buy $450.00 worth of new clothes that FIT! Having all my FAT clothes wash away in my sewage flood was a blessing in disguise *L* Needless to say that is another reason that I have a big push on to lose some extra this week Another smaller size would be nice. Steve is at the point that he wants me to slow down because trying to keep me in clothes that fit can cost a fortune I almost want to buy some that are too small to give me even more incentive. I know that it doesn't usually work, but I am determined!! and I have lost 4 yrs of weight already.... whats one more size???

Well girlies... I am off for some diet cola and some TV.... That is my treat for tonight.... Could be worse, could be the pizza I was craving

Night all! Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!
Brenda
Old 12-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #10  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

I am still sick, so I will forego individual replies. My dress is still on the bolt. That's like saying your steak is still on the hoof. I'm going to wait 8 more days to start it. That's when my roommate leaves for 3 weeks. She has been a holy living terror. One day she is fine, and the next she yells at me for hours on end. Even worse, somedays, she yells for 45 minutes, and then appoligizes for next 15, repeated on and one for hours. I don't want to rub my gown in her face, like waving a red cape in front of a bull. It's peaceful tonight, and I am feeling better, but still trying to regain my strength. Everyone take it very easy with yourselves, and remember any movement is good.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:35 PM   #11  
learning to live

S/C/G: 443/270/200

Height: 5'0"

I hate to do it ladies, but I'm going to be taking a leave of absence for a few weeks. Unfortunately, some of my test results came back very abnormal and I will be undergoing a couple different procedures in the next two weeks. Not a good time to focus on exercise.. and let's just say I haven't been able to eat or keep anything down since I heard from my doctor.

As always, my thoughts and good luck vibes are going your way.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:13 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

brandnewme, you are in my thoughts. Take the time to
get yourself feeling like you again.

Well, today (yesterday) was my birthday on Dec. 5th
and I got through it alright! We had a fairly low fat dinner
and I had angel food cake for dessert! Not bad!!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:13 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Kristy, what no booze? hope you had a lovely day and got lots of presents!
Brand new me, I really sympathasise, I have to have an op in the New Year, to remove some pre-cancerous tissue, so I can understand how worried you are, I don't pray but you will be in my thoughts, I hope that you will be up and feeling better in time for Christmas, even if you're not at least you will be on the way to getting better.

Brenda, I know what you mean my hubby wants me to be healthy and slimmer BUT HE MOANS SO MUCH WHEN I HAVE TO BUY NEW CLOTHES!!! I only get them when they are falling off me or are worn out. I've told him if I get slim I'll run off with a millionaire so I never need moaning at again for buying clothes!!! I always come last, even to the dog when we had one!!
Shadie, sorry about your brother I thought it was your sister, must have mis-read sis-in-law.
Catherine hope you are feeling better and sorry about your room-mate, she must have had guys or a husband so how can she be so resentful? I know she has mental issues but she must need her meds. adjusting, poor kids having to live with a mum like that, poor you having to put up with her, but not for much longer, eh?
enjoy your day everyone,

sharon.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:11 AM   #14  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

So much to catch up with when I've been gone a few days!

WELCOME new members! This corner of the e-world is my inspiration and haven. I hope we can be support for you too! It's nice to know that there's someone who really understands what you face and how you feel.

Shadie - so glad to see you again!
BrandNewMe SO sorry about the test results! DO keep us posted. You know we wish you to be well and back with us!
Softykins - HAPPY DAY Here... ...don't worry - that one's NO cal!
VooDoo & Going To - Way to go! on the constant need for a new wardrobe. Your honeys will get over the $$ faster than he would losing you to all the dangers of the extra weight!! Have fun shopping!!
Catherine - When you talk about your roommate, I just keep seeing my sister in a rage, etc. What stress! I understand about the red cloth in front of the bull!! But it's sad that you have to tiptoe around when you should be able to shout with joy from the rooftops, or do a little "so much sewing, so little time" stressing yourself.... well, that's what I'd be doing anyway Best wishes as always!

Like many of you, I never told Bill what I weighed - especially after I topped 300 and kept going. But about the time I broke the 300 on the way back down, I was so excited about it that I did tell him. I could read it in his face "wow - THAT much?" , but he never said a word of course. Since then I go ahead and tell him honestly what's going on, and he's my biggest supporter. He's in having breakfast by himself right now because if I go in I'll have too much & the wrong things. I just eat what I have on the truck most of the time, and when I do want to eat in a restaurant he lets me pick it. Once in a while he'll even gently say " Is that what you really want to order?" or he'll ask a waitress what comes with whatever I ordered if he thinks they might throw fries at me that I certainly don't want. He's even asked several times "Do you know if there's a Curves close by so that you can go?" He's not at all obnoxious about it - just supportive. I'm glad I finally 'fessed up to him, because keeping the secret was so hard, and without him, I really can't do this.

Have a fabulous, thin day everyone! Until next time, this is Valerie signing off from San Antonio, Texas on the way to Manhatten, NYC... YUCK!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:26 AM   #15  

Valerie--Sound like you will be on the road for awhile driving from Texas to NY...Try to make the best of it.

Kristy-- HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Brandnewme--I am sorry to hear about your abnormal tests. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take as much time as you need. We will be here when you get back. Hang in there girl.

Catherine--Hope you get to feeling better real soon. How have you handled your roommate all these years? Is she always that way or just since she found out you were moving?

Well it is freezing cold here in Alabama....not use to it being this cold. I am off to do laundry and clean house. Take care girls!!

Andrea
Closed Thread