Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 06:57 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Old Hens - 40+ And Ready To Lose - Volume 23

This thread is a sub-set of the 300+ thread.

This group is for those dealing with the challenges of having a significant amount of weight to lose and being fit which becomes harder after 40. If you're an old or new friend and not over 40 and feel this is the place to post, jump right in.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:34 AM   #2  

Morning!

Not much to blab about this morning since I blabbed so much last night. I did get up for my cardio workout this morning. It was a little easier to face this morning. For variety, I did the WATP 1 mile tape. Those are good workouts. Since it wasn't a 30 minute workout, I'll have to do it again tonight. I think I'll use those for cardio only days and eventually work up to doing the 3 mile tape. I can tell that the exercise is paying off as I can feel the muscles coming back in my shoulders and upper arms as well as my legs from the stationary bike. This might be a factor in why the scale isn't going down yet - I'm beginning to wonder if I'm packing on muscle for now?? Egads, it is frustrating though.

I am going to have to breakdown and do some clothes shopping. The dog last night ruined my last pair of navy pants. I had them laying out to go to the cleaners and he was going nuts when I got home last night and grabbed them. Well he managed to put a few teeth marks in them. Thanks Bear.

I have to hit the shower and get off to the dentist for the semi-annual cleaning. Oh boy. I'll have to take breakfast with me so I don't do something stupid like get McD's on the way to work.

Have a good day ladies!

2Cute - Suzanne has an announcement at the top of the forums about editing not working and the smilies. Check that out as she tells how to fix the problem.

Lilion - The bedroom stuff sounds like so much fun! That will keep you busy for a day or two! Happy sewing!
Old 11-29-2005, 09:22 AM   #3  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

I haven't been MIA, just busy at work and home. It's cold here! I don't like cold! I do, however, like these winter smilies!

Ruth: Happy Belated Birthday! Hope the cake was yummy and good for you for having a small piece. If it were me I'd have probably eaten the whole thing! I haven't gotten a bit of sewing done yet...too many things to do at home. After dinner, dishes, homework and puppies, it's all I can do to breathe. I hate getting home so late. I used to work to 4:30 and now I work to 5...doesn't seem like much, but that 1/2 hour was a big bonus.

I understand the whole husband thing. DH needed to lose too, but after 50 lbs, he's only got 30 more to go to get to 200. I still have 70! I hate that! It's just not so unrealistic to want to weigh less than my husband.

Terri: Just reading about all your exercise wears me out! I exercise vicariously through you!

Valerie: 11 1/2 lbs!!! Are you there? Have you gone truck'n?

Thin:
Quote:
Honey was off on vacation from Tuesday last week. He just went back to work this morning. Tuesday he worked on the "Baby's" house. Then the "Baby" was pretty much AWOL for most of the time. We got nothing more done on his house because he had "better" things to do. He said he was actually going to move out this weekend, but that didn't happen. I told Honey I refuse to go down there and work on his house while he's out doing something else. Why should be put our lives on hold while he has a social life?
Duh! I'd be telling "Baby" if he's old enough to buy a house, he's old enough to take care of this stuff himself! You sure shouldn't be wearing yourself out while he relaxes! Kids!

I would say yes to the Christmas Cards...but to be perfectly honest, I don't even manage to get cards in the mail to friends and family. Two years ago I managed to sign some cards. Last year I got them addressed. Maybe this year I'll get them to the post office! I am the WORST when it comes to mailing Christmas cards. (I'm ashamed to say, I'm nearly as bad with thank-you notes...and that's just rude.)

I have no opinion about the birthday list. I must admit, I never check it.

Barbara and Michelle: Howdy!

Well, I had good food intentions yesterday, but ended up with bratwurst for dinner since I had a meeting and I was out of everything else that could be fixed quickly...blew those points all to heck! Today it's salmon...better!

Must go to work. Things to do. Justice to dispense. I'm SO far behind! Onward and Downward Ladies!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:00 AM   #4  
Dancing those pounds away

Yea !!!!! Thank you TerriI appreciate the info about fixing my extra features.

I see that in the color font they have added " " these around the color choice. I wonder if the old way without the " " still works ? I will come back and let you know.
----------------------------

Hmmm... I don't like the edit option. You don't have the tools available. You can't tell ... but .... when I hit the red color option .. it did not work right. I had to come back and fix what they did. LOL
I will experiment more tonight. I have company coming and I need to go clean now.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:47 PM   #5  
Happiness is a journey

Default Hi All

Leanne from Australia here ... back on the boards
I'm been missing in action for a few months, and have now signed up under another nickname, because my old one ("hippygoddess") may have offended a few people and I would hate to do that for something that was just a joke between friends a while ago. So now I'm LeanneAU!

I've sort of fallen off the wagon for the last few months. I pretty much maintained over our winter which was pretty frustrating. I haven't been to the dietician for the last 6 weeks or so but I have been going to the pool for the last couple of weeks, so hopefully the damage is not too great.

Life has been very busy, with end of semester work, end of year Formals for the girls, etc. And I don't imagine it will get quieter for the rest of the year! Anyway, I want to get committed to weightloss again, so I'm back here... if you girls will have me

Leanne
Old 11-29-2005, 09:11 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Just venting!!!

The RUDENESS of the kid!!!! The Baby came home from work today grabbed some stuff and left without saying anything to me. I went over to #1 Son's house to do a few things. When I came back home, the Baby walked in a few minutes later and said to me "Dang, I forgot your laundry basket at my house." I asked what he was doing with it at his house and he said taking a few things over. Then he asked if I knew where his pillow case was, that he had forgotten his pillow here. I asked if he was now going to sleep at his house and he said "yeah". No, good bye, no notice, no ki$$ my butt!!! I know, I shouldn't be ticked, but I am. I knew he was moving, but I would have thought he could have had the decency to at least tell someone without making me guess. And Honey isn't even home tonight, he had a late dinner meeting. What a creep my kid turned out to be!!!!

Ok, rant over!

Leanne: It's so good to see you! I'm sorry anyone got icky about your user name. My goodness, there are certainly alot of BAD usernames out there, but I sure didn't think yours was one of them. I'm jumping back on the bandwagon again myself, wanna join me????

2cute: I'm not sure what you're referring to. Oh, ok, I see the "Blue" now. But you should be able to hit your color choice and have the code brackets come up in your reply box with the cursor already placed in between the codes so that all you have to do is type and it will turn out to be the right color.If you want to change color in mid paragraph, just move your cursor outside the closing code for the first color and pick a different one from the drop down. The cursor will be between the two codes again. Let me know if that works for you.

Lilion: I asked the Baby when he came in tonight if that meant that I didn't need to do his laundry anymore. He told me I could do the stuff that's already down in the basement. Wasn't that sweet of him????? ARGH!!!

Terri: I'm sure some of that weight is muscle, but that shouldn't be the only reason and I think I remember saying that the only time the muscles cause a weight gain is right after a workout because their holding water to help heal.

Ruth: I'm glad you had a nice birthday. A little piece of cake isn't going to kill you and it's easy enough to compensate with the next couple of days watching what goes in. It's probably worked off days ago.

Valerie: I wonder if you're gone yet???? I also wonder if you have a chance to check in while you're on the road. Maybe you need to get wireless Internet so all you need to do is drive down a street and hook up with someone else who has it. The Baby's Fraternity roommate actually started a business where he goes into neighborhoods and offers protection from people who bootlegg wireless Internet from others. Hmmm I'll have to ask him how that's going.

BarbG: What was the final on your estate sale? Did it go well? Were you satisfied with the outcome? I hope you didn't have any negative surprises. I just got some stuff back up on eBay. I figured I had better or I would totally miss the Christmas selling season.

Michelle: You're so cute! "I gotta run ...and get the winter stuff unpacked and washed and pack the summer stuff". there is no WINTER in North Carolina!!! Ok, some ice storms, but puleeeze, WINTER???? *BTW, it's good to have you posting again.

Well girls, Honey just walked in from his dinner meeting so I think I'll go spend a little time with him. See ya later. Love ya bunches!
Old 11-29-2005, 10:08 PM   #7  

And the Biggest Loser is......... naw, I won't ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. What an awesome show and what awesome accomplishments. Does anyone know how long this took? I know they were at the ranch for 97 days but how long did they have before the finale? One guy didn't bother to come and the one gal only lost 16 pounds. She looked like she had an attitude. But this season was better than the first. Just awesome.

Leanne - It is so great to see you back. No looking back; just forward. That is weird about your username. I never thought anything about it. What's the end of year formals? You're teaching aren't you and not a student anymore? Keep hitting the pool. And yes, we'll have you.

Thin - So much for empty nest syndrome huh? Makes you understand why some mothers eat their young. Just remember he is of the male species and sometimes can't help being a butthead. I'd pack up his dirty laundry and ship it on over. Time for you to get back to your life and hubby.

Lilion - Yes, indeedy, it is damn cold here in MO. At least we didn't get any big snow storms. Its the blasted wind that is making it so miserable and its only November. I need to get some firelogs for the fireplace. Hope work settles down for you. And I agree with you. That half hour makes a huge difference in your evening productivity.

I'm off to snuggle in the bed and read for a bit. Probably won't last long before I'm snoozing with the lights on, glasses still on and the book laying on the bed.

Goodnight!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:24 PM   #8  
Hang In There

Any one had any experience with hypnosis tapes/CD's. I used them years ago and thought they worked, but don't know where they are now. I was thinking about ordering some, but can't decide. Any opinions?

Barb
Old 11-29-2005, 11:35 PM   #9  
Michigan Old-Timer

Terri: "Makes you understand why some mothers eat their young. Just remember he is of the male species and sometimes can't help being a butthead. " Too funny. That's kinda what I was thinking!

Barb: Haven't had any experience with the hypnosis although I had thought about trying it at one time. They actually have seminars here in some of the hotels where the hypnotist comes and does his thing. I think it's mostly for smoking cessation because that's primarily how it's advertised and they do the weightloss thing in conjunction with it so when the smokers quit they don't gain. It's advertised with some kind of guarantee and I guess you can go back to seminars again and again for reinforcement. *Dotti has some tapes and a write up on her site. Apparently she went through a rough patch and has resorted to that. I just saw the headline and didn't really read what she had to say, but maybe it would be worth a look-see.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:03 AM   #10  
Hang In There

I didn;t take t ime to read last night when I asked my question about hypnosis.

Thin the estate sale turned out great. After we paid the commission we still came out with a much bigger take than we ever expected. And the house is empty!!!

Leanne, great to see you back. You have been missed.

Well I just got the message that my battery is going dead so I'd better end before it dies. Maybe I'll get back for a real visit later tonight.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:32 AM   #11  

Talking

Good Morning Ladies!

It's all sunshiney here in MO...but still cold! My son looked out at the sparkling frost this morning on the way to school and made a comment about winter-time bling! Better here than in the plains though...20 inches of snow?!? I can't imagine it so early. We've had that much here, but not often and usually not all at once! What weird weather we've had this year. Makes me nervous about what's to come. I told DH we might want to invest in a couple of those kerosene heaters in case we lose power. We have gas heat...but that won't do a thing without the electric blower and the fireplace is useless! I complained about the cold yesterday so much while loading groceries in the car that my husband finally told me to just get my butt in the car and shut up about it. I told him, "It's not my fault. I'm just a delicate tropical flower." (Imagine the sweet Southern-belle accent.) I don't remember being this wimpy about the cold. Maybe I'm missing the extra layer of blubber I had last year!

Well, enough talking about the weather.

Leanne: Welcome Back! I'd wondered where you were! I can't imagine what anyone could find offending about "hippygoddess" Some people need to get a grip. It must be nice in Australia this time of year...Late Springtime, right?

Thin: I'm with Terri...bundle that laundry up and send it with him. There's NO WAY I'd do it now. If I recall correctly, didn't you buy him laundry detergent, etc. so he'd have it...let him use it! Teach him a lesson about taking Mom for granted!

2Cute: Hope you get the new format figured out and send us a nice long post!

Barbara: I had some of those ocean-sounds-subliminal-message weight loss tapes in college. They didn't work, but it was nice to listen to and pretend I was at the beach. Sorry, I don't know anything about the hypno-tapes.

Terri: I've never seen The Biggest Loser. The name turned me off...I may have to watch next year.

I hopped on the scale this morning and was shocked to see 258.5. That would be 256 on the Dr. scale. I'm not going to the Dr. until Friday and I'm not holding my breath...Earth probably lost it's gravity for a second this morning!

Time for me to be like this So not easy when the people you deal with are like this or or ! Later ladies!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:29 AM   #12  
Michigan Old-Timer

'Mornin' Girls!

Only stayin' a minute as I'm off to do some shopping and then lunch with a friend. The scale was kind to me this morning, but I'm saving saying anything until Monday when it is "officially" WI (not Wisconsin) day. But let it suffice to say that I was very happy this morning to see that number coming down.

Barb: I'm so glad the sale went so well. That's wonderful! Did they sell every last bit of stuff or do they make arrangements to take the remainder and just pay you out on it so they can sell it at their next sale? When we moved from the farm my dad had an auction. But we weren't selling off all the household stuff, just the farm equipment. We've always taken care of household stuff with garage and moving sales. As a matter of fact, my dad sold our house in a moving sale. He had put a "for sale by owner" sign on the front lawn while doing a moving sale and someone asked to see the house and they bought it, right then. It was pretty "sweet".

Lilion: I love that you can REALLY use the little judge smilie! She's so cute and I can't think of any other reason someone would need one, oh unless it's to use in the context of 'I'm not judging you." Hmmmm, I never really thought of that. Whatever of the Baby's laundry is done, is done. The rest he'll have to deal with. I did one more load last night of stuff that was down in the basement. There's still dirty clothes all over the floor in his room. I don't expect him to come and clean out his room anytime soon either. I just have a premonition about bugging the crap out of him to get it done. We'll see. I could be wrong. But I doubt it. ARGH!!!!

Well girls, off and running. See you all later. Geez, it's good to be back!!! Love ya bunches!

Hey, where's Ruthie? She's usually the one that beats everyone here.

The rest of you girls, don't go into hiding just because I'm back.

Later.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:43 PM   #13  

Hi gals,

Thought I'd get this started while commercials are on during Lost.

Today was a pretty decent day. I passed on the exercise this morning for an extra 30 minutes sleep and then up and off to work early. I had a 9 am meeting with the witch boss and wanted an extra hour to prepare. She was actually decent and it was a productive meeting. This was only about the third staff type meeting I've had with her all year. The last three days at work have been incredibly busy. I stopped by the horses and fed them on the way home. It was cold and dark but they were glad to see me.

Since the wind has finally died down here, I bundled up in my fleece lined flannel jacket, Fargo hat, scarf and gloves in addition to the sweats (felt like Charlie Brown) and took the dog for a nice vigorous walk. I've stretched the route to make it a 30 minute walk. Then did 20 minutes on the stationary bike after that. Makes it guilt-free to now be sitting on the couch.

I've had three days of logging my food and exercise into BalanceLog. I really like it. I haven't been perfect but I'm getting the hang of it again. Usually takes me a week of logging to finally get things under control. I did a terrible job of planning my food this week. I need to do better for next week so we're better prepared.

Lilion - I admit the name of the show is a bit cheesy as well as some of the format, but I love the smile and look of triumph to see how they have transformed their lives. I also find it encouraging.

Thin - How was shopping and lunch? I need to do some birthday shopping for two of the grandsons if their mother would let me know what they want and sizes. Its good to have you back!

I think I will get this posted and finish watching the show. After that, I'm off to bed to read and snooze.

Goodnight!
Old 12-01-2005, 01:23 AM   #14  
Michigan Old-Timer

Well girls, I'm just here to encourage you with my GOOD choice for dinner tonight. Honey and I went out to eat and I sooooo wanted either this wonderful shrimp in a spinach/cheese sauce appetizer that they serve over a think piece of French bread OR fried fish and chips, but did I order either of those???? No, no, no I did NOT!!! I ordered a Honey Glazed Chicken Salad and subbed grilled chicken for the honey glazed variety. I got my dressing, a wonderful raspberry vinegarette, on the side. It has Spring greens, onions, Mandarin oranges and raspberries on it so very OP. We are pretty much regulars at this restaurant so the server spruced it up one time with a little cup of walnuts and raisins so I asked her for her "special touch" tonight too. It doesn't add that many points to the salad and the walnuts and raisins are good for you. It was all I could do to order GOOD over evil, but I did it and I loved every bit of it.

Shopping was good. You'll love this. I only wanted to run into Big Lots for the poker table cover that they had on sale for $18.88. I was running late for my lunch date (BTW, please don't ask how I did at lunch ) so I pulled up in front of the store, parked my van in the Fire Lane, prayed there wouldn't be a fire or a cop while I was in the store, threw on my emergency flashers, ran in, asked if they still had any and where they were located. The kid at the service desk told me they were in the back of the store, but that he had one right there at the counter. I took it from him, walked around the counter to his register and checked out. All in a matter of about 3 minutes. *sigh* I told him this was the quickest darn shopping trip I've ever made.

The afternoon was good as well as I was able to get a few more things listed on eBay. Honey is off for the rest of the week so I'm not sure how often I will be here, but I will try to be consistant.

BTW, Ruth, honey, where are you????

Gotta run. 1:25 AM here. Time to hit the pillow. See you later.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:41 AM   #15  
Dancing those pounds away

CONGRATULATIONS THIN !!!!!
You did sooo good at dinner. The first big step like that is the hardest... you will keep improving more and more each day.

It is nearly 1:30 am here and although I sounds like a broken record... I don't have time to post again.
Tonight I asked DH if he wanted to help me decorate the main living area Christmas Tree and he immediately said ..... "NO... You know I don't do that... I never have and never want to either"
Then I think he thought about how bad that is... he has never helped... and so he said .. " Okay.. what do you want me to do"
When I said HERE.. start with these.... He said " You were suppose to say "that's okay, you don't have to help" LOL Teach him to offer. LOL
Then he ended up decorating almost the entire tree. I unpacked the decorations and he hung them. Nice treat for me.

A couple days ago the granddaughters and I decorated the tree you can see out the front of the house. That is "their tree" and get to hang everything wherever they want.

Tomorrow I HOPE to get another box full of decorations out. I am getting company this weekend and I would like to have the house decorated.
I also have to run several errands. My sister is coming and I have some pictures I need to make copies of before she takes back the originals. LOL

Okay.... I miss not writing longer posts... but I really need to go again.
Hopefully tomorrow night I can write a longgggg reply post.
Closed Thread