Old 11-10-2005, 09:12 PM   #16  

Hello Ladies:

Quick health update. Finally got thru to the Dr. today and was told I have an ovarian cyst and fibroids, the latter causing all the TOM problems. Don't have any ideas what is done about fibroids, why they show up or anything so I'm about to do a bit of on-line research. The cyst really stinks, because I've only got one ovary anyhow, lost the other to an ovarian cyst 20+ years ago. They said they'd just keep an eye on it for now with another ultrasound in a few weeks.

Sometimes I hate being a woman.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:08 AM   #17  
Dancing those pounds away

Good evening ladies. I am babysitting my granddaughters tonight and finally have them in bed and some peace and quiet. I love them... and I love playing with them... but I also love it when they are sleeping angels. LOL

My son, SIL, and husband took off today for their yearly fishing trip. Friday is the first day of "Catch and Release" at the Roaring River State Park in Missouri. My husband and son has gone there as a father / son thing for several years. This year they added our SIL.

I plan to go to LOTS of movies while they are gone. I love the movies and my husband could care less about them. But of course he watches movies on tv all the time. He likes to see stories based on real people.

Jen... I did nt know there was a thread on Biggest Loser. I have never been there. I get frustrated watching the show .. the dramatize everything so much. But I still watch it because I NEED to see how hard they WORK for their success. I want it to just happen. I need to see you have to WORK FOR IT !!!!

Mavis... they do make extra long tape measurers. I bought mine at WalMart.

Lilion... glad to hear you finally heard from the doctor.
Did you get your bow ???

Michelle ... Congratulations on you NSV !!!! Those lead to SV eventually.
I bet Andrew loves you getting him McD's toys.
You mentioned lousy WW oatmeal. DO you or anyone else know about "steel oatmeat" or something like that. Oprah said it is the kind she eats... and I hear nutritionist recommend it too. It is suppose to be better for us. BUT ... it is suppose to be "chewy" I have look in every grocery store and can't find it.

Valerie ... I can sure relate to that GREAT FEELING when I stay on my LC program.
Why oh why do we ever go off our plans... whatever plan we use. I will join you and Lilion on the NO CARBS / NO SUGAR goal.

Ruth... I did not know they had a written out Biggest Loser food plan for people to follow. What is it ??? I agree WW is a great program. But I find LC the best for me personally. My knees do better, I sleep less, and feel great more. I would love to find a combination of the two.

Thin... I am so sorry the class turned out to be such a disappointment. It sounds like you need to send them a review sheet and let them know how they could help more people.
I will try your Christmas goal with you. 10 pounds by Xmas !!! Now to figure out that darn tracker.
How did the remodeling go today ???

Okay ladies... gotta run.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 AM   #18  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ok, I should be doing paperwork, but here's a quickie crash course on the trackers for anyone that needs one. You might want to print it out so you have it handy or open a second window so you can toggle back and forth.

1. Go to "User CP" in the upper left corner of the screen.
2. You will get a menu down the left side of the screen. Choose "Edit Signature".
3. At the top of this page it will ask you if you'd like to do a tracker. Click on the tracker that is there and follow the directions.
4. The next page says "Signature Weight Tracker" at the top. On the left side you'll see "Holiday Trackers". Click on that.
5. The first page you get will ask you to fill in starting weight, current weight and goal weight. For the holiday tracker, figure out what your goal is and then put 0 in the starting weight spot, leave the current weight blank for now, and then put your goal in the goal weight spot.
6. There are two pages of holiday trackers to choose from. Just pick one and then hit the button on the bottom of the page that says "next step".
7. The next page will have the cute little icon guys that run up your tracker. Pick one and hit "next step."
8. Your tracker should now appear on this next screen. If you like what you've created you're ready to go. You will also see a box a little further down on this page. It gives you the "code" that you need to put into your signature. You will need to copy (highlight the text and hit CTL and the C key at the same time).
9. Once you have copied the code, click on the "Forum" button at the top of the screen. This will take you back to the 3 Fat Chicks Forum that you're familiar with.
10. Once there, you will need to click on that "User CP" button at the top of the page again.
11. Choose "edit signature" from the list on the left.
12. This time when you get to the page that asks you if you'd like a tracker, scan down a little further and you will see your signature box. This is where you will want to "paste" (CTL and the V key at the same time) your code.
13. Last step, I promise! There is a button on the bottom of the box that allows you to preview the signature before saving it. That way you can see if everything looks like you want it to.

Now, I realize some of you don't use "signatures" at all so if you'd like to, now's your chance. You can use the signature box just like you do the post reply box. All of the fonts, sizes and colors are available for you to play with.

When you lose, you go back through the directions to the signature box and locate the code for your tracker and the number you'll be changing is the last one. Here is an example of my code. It is missing a part at the beginning and the [img] at the back of it because if I would have printed it just like it was, you would have just seen the tracker instead of the code. I have bolded the number you will change as you lose pounds.
weight-tracker/holiday/img/bar0001xmas/slider-xmaself/lb/0/10/0/.png

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions or need help, just let me know and I can do it for you if you want.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:10 AM   #19  

Smile Good morning ladies!

It turned cooooool here over night. I was enjoying the warm weather, but I guess it is time for it to go. Or not!

Today is my cleaning day, oh joy! That will most certainly be my exercise. I am not going to take time to do replies, but I have a lot to say (how unusaul is that?) I will try to get back here later. Iwillbe...Ruth
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:30 AM   #20  
I'm on my way!

Good morning!!! Just a quick run by posting this morning! The boy has no school today so he spent the night at grandma and grandpa's and I don't have to be to work on fridays until 8:30 so I get to play a bit! I already got John's lunch packed, coffee made, the dog fed and a load of towels folded! Phew! I need a nap now!! I just need a shower and to get dressed!!

2Cute....I believe it is Steel-cut oatmeal and if I remember correctly I LOVED IT! See I like to CHEW my food, I feel more satisfied afterwards. I will look down here for it and send you some! I never noticed because I haven't bought oatmeal! If I can't find it here in NC I will call my girlfriend in PA or a girlfriend in RI and have them send me some. I know I bought it in either PA or RI can't remember which since its been so long since I had it! I think it tastes much better than regular oatmeal too!

Ruth where do you live? It got pretty cold down here in NC last night too! Only it feels cool to me being from New England I am use to below 0 and lots of snow!!

Thin...last night I sat here and played with the signature/tracker stuff and finally figured it out! You know the saying if you don't use it you lose it - well that was me last night!!

Lillion my mom had fibroids for a while but now they have shrunk down to nothing. I know she was drinking that ecinachea tea for awhile, my dad has a recipe for it from an elderly lady that use to make it and sell it from her home along with other herbal potions of such. She was an herbalist. My mom is now taking courses to become one. I'm not sure if she had to take meds for them at any point..I would have to ask her about it again. Did you find out any interesting info online?

OK I gotta jump in the shower now...have a great day and I will be back again! I need you all for the support...who else will listen to my babbling without complaining huh?

Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:57 AM   #21  

Default test

just a test ladies!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:59 AM   #22  

Question HuH?

Thin, why do I have all of that url stuff showing under my tracker? Ruth
Old 11-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #23  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Morning all!

Lilion, I feel your pain! I've had gynecological problems of one sort or another for as long as I can remember. Luckily we live in a more technologically advanced time than our mothers did. Best of luck!

Will check with you later!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

I thought I had posted earlier in the week but must not have. I started to post last night but the laptop battery died and I didn't feel like going into the other room to plug it in.

I've been up and done my time on the exercycle. About time to hit the shower. I've got PMS still going on. The bloating and weight gain is bad enough, but I have a few days where I get boob pain. Not general soreness which I have that too but its about 20 minutes of intense pain and then it goes away until the next day. Yesterday, it started just as I got on the exercycle and I didn't feel like exercising while that was going on. I just finished and its just starting so at least I got it in today. So irritating. TOM can just go ahead and get here already and move on as far as I'm concerned.

We're getting our house painted today. I had asked DH to get a few bids on replacing the deck so we could then paint the house. Our next door neighbor is a painter so we had already decided he could paint when ready. I come home to find a bid for the deck and for painting. And Doug could start painting tomorrow (Thursday) and what color did I want? Geez, guys, what happened to the deck first then paint plan? DH told Doug the address of a house where I had liked the color some time when we were driving by. I have no idea where the house is let alone what color of green. I finally gave in and said go ahead and paint because DH was acting like a big a$$ because he had gotten the bid and now I wasn't ready. Men should never be allowed to make decisions as they have no concept of doing anything in a logical order. I got calls at work about when could I be home because Doug had three shades of green on the garage door and I needed to pick a color. Thank goodness I left work early because I drove in and went YUCK to all three shades. Then DH was irritated because I didn't like any of the colors to which I told him that I didn't appreciate being steamrolled on this stuff and I wasn't picking a color I didn't like. Doug didn't like the shades either thank goodness and he brought over his color pallete. We decided on a nice green with canvas colored trim and a dark burgundy door. I had to tell DH once again that he is just going to have to get a grip on things and allow me time to decide on what I want and that we're not going to be rushing headlong into anything concerning buying and moving. I need to find DH something else to do besides calling realtors.

Tomorrow night we're doing a supper club at our house. The neighbor across the street came over and asked about a few of us in the cul-de-sac doing that and would we do the first? Well, sounds like fun but why us first? We're doing Mediterrean. We'll be doing a few appetizers like lots of olives and special cheeses, then a chicken with lemon and garlic dish, a roast leg of lamb, roasted veggies with lots of spices, big greek salad, and finish off with a lemon tart. I may or may not make an olive bread. May just buy it. I admit that I do love doing theme cooking and trying new recipes, techiniques and spices. I just get stressed over the cleaning house part. As DH put it, I torture us about cleaning the house. I like my house to shine when people are here and I don't see why it hurts him anyway since I have to do the work.

Lilion - You and I are about in the same PMS boat. Not fun!! My sis had fibroids for a long time before she finally had a hysterectomy. But that was several years ago and before they started having ways of making them shrink.

Valerie - That sucks about the binge the pasta started. But happens to me too once I "allow" myself to satisfy a craving for something sweet. Are you back on track?

2Cute - It is steel cut oats. I buy them and love them. I toss in a little bit of brown sugar, spray butter and some walnuts. Somtimes frozen blueberries. Very yummy. I make a big batch early in the week and keep in the refrig for other mornings. Have you looked in the health food section where they have all the special grains? I buy the "Bob's Red Mill" brand that is in a clear cellophane bag.

I better get this posted and then off to work. Sorry for not doing replies to everyone. I'll try to catch up on Sunday. Have a great OP weekend!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #25  

Default New member

I would like to join this thread if possible.Im 48 and weigh 285 .about 4 years ago i lost 55 lbs and gained it back after moving from florida back to indiana.I went through a fast and furious divorce in Fl.And well Its time to take back controlI just started on W.W.. I have made no friends here and ive been here 4 years.I do have grown children and grandchildren,which I cherish more than anything,but I know i need my own peer group.Plus i live out in the sticks,,i mean way out.
tartlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:43 AM   #26  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hiya tartlett! Our stories are reversed--I had a fast and furious divorce in Indiana and moved to Florida!

We'd love for you to join us! Also check out the Weight Watcher threads on here as well--happy reading!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 09:17 AM   #27  
aka Valerie

S/C/G: 350/345/195

Ladies, just a brief one this a.m. -
Lilion, I'm very concerned for you. It sounds like you've been through it once before quite successfully, but I know how I would feel if it were me. Please take care and keep us posted, and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tartlett - This is a great bunch and we're happy to have you! ... You live in the pretty part of Indiana - hills & dales - up North it's pancake country...(No offence, northern Indiana residents) I live "next door" in NE Ohio... and I LOVE the sticks!... better horse country!

Ladies, I'm off to Maryland, PA & New York until mid-next week. I'll look forward to catching up with you then!
NoLifeWithoutHorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 11:04 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

WELCOME TARTLETT !!!! I just had to stop long enough to welcome you !!!
I love the boonies too. But I also like the convience of sub-country. That meaning .. country lot but small city nearby. LOL

I am walking out the door to go find some garage sales. There are over 250 this weekend so I am just going to drive and hit them as I go. LOL

Thin.. thanks for the instructions ... I am going to have to find some time to do it now.
Terri and Michelle... thanks for info on Cut Steel Oatmeal. Do you know why it is suppose to be so much better than regular ??? I am definitely going to give it a try when I find it.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 06:15 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Just in case Tina is checking in:
Happy Birthday, Sweetie!
Hope you're having a wonderful day!!!
We miss you!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 09:41 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Just checking in quickly this morning. I'm up and started on the housework for our supper club tonight. I had a wonderful shopping trip to Whole Foods yesterday. I took a long time in the cheese section picking out goat cheese and anything that we've never tried before. I am so looking forward to tonight. Lots of new foods and flavors. And I didn't go overboard buying quantity of food. I decided that instead of mass amounts (like normal), I was going for a variety with smallish servings. My goal isn't for us to overeat to oblivion to but to have fun and have food that is a new experience. Even though this is sort of a "food" event, I am working on my outlook about food events. I am only making one dessert and its a 9 inch lemon tart. Doesn't look like it will be very big for six people but then again, they don't need to eat a huge slice. Enjoy the essence is my motto. DH bought some ouzo for us to try. Everyone is bringing a different beverage too.

Our house is really looking different. It is such a different color of green that it is sort of disorienting. They have the back and sides painted and part of the front. I don't think they are finishing today as it looks to rain. I promised Doug yesterday morning that I would like the color so I WILL like the color. It looks good alongside his taupe house.

I need to get back to work. I have to work out a schedule of when I need to start cooking because the lamb takes awhile plus with the other things that need the oven. If I ever have the opportunity, I will have a kitchen with a double oven and large walk-in pantry. And the master bedroom will have a closet for the laundry room. My fantasy house!

Have a good and wonderful day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote