Old 10-27-2005, 10:36 AM   #16  

Talking

Greetings Ladies!

There are just so many new faces here! I'm on this thread on and off. Being an "Old Hen" I spend most of my time on that thread, but I have to stop by and check out what you young chicks are doing too!

Ammi and others: I love candy corn! It's one of my favorite things about Halloweeen! But I didn't do the figuring. I got the points off Dotti's Weight Loss Zone. (www) dwlz.com/WWinfoTOC.html I just love that site. She have just everything you could want with point values listed! It's great for us WW point counters!

Jilly: ((hugs)) Like I said to Julee, men haven't a clue! Bless their little hearts, even the best can cause you to get all emotional!

I thought I'd post my own DH's not-so-romantic proposal!

We started dating in Feb. 1999 and when my birthday rolled around in Sept. I had tons of people saying "I bet you get a ring." I kept saying it was too soon... Anyway, my b-day was the 6th and we planned on getting a sitter on the 7th and go out to dinner, since we couldn't get one on the 6th. Anyway, on the 6th he gives me my gift, a lovely pearl necklace. I was quite happy with it....really. Anyway, I decided to make an apple pie for him since we were doing the cake thing the next day and I'm in the kitchen peeling a gizzilion apples, apple gunk up to my elbows, and he keep "lurking", he kept standing right behind me and looking over my sholder and basically irritating the poo out of me. I finally snapped, "What! What do you WANT!" And he calmly replied, "To give you this." And holds the ring out in front of me. I was stunned! I think I managed a witty remark like: "Is that...that's a...does this mean...is that...". And he asked me to marry him and I burst into tears and don't think I even answered him. After much crying and hugging I said "Why on earth did you do this NOW when we're supposed to go to dinner tomorrow?" He said he figured he was so nervous that in another 24 hours I'd have noticed and known that something was up and he wanted to surprise me. Silly man.

So, I didn't get the super-romantic down on one knee thing. I didn't get to pick out my ring. (And to be perfectly honest - I'm not wild about the one I have, although I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world...and he even offered to let me.) But it was sweet, it was a surprize, and I'll never make another apple pie again without thinking about it!

Oh, Wanted to comment on Supersize Me! What a eye-opener! We saw it for the first time a few months ago and we have it taped on our DVR. I'm seriously thinking about making my 10 yr old DS watch it. He may be thin now, but he also needs to learn to be healthy. The part that shocked me was the school lunch stuff they talked about. It's horrifying to me that they are feeding our kids 2000 cal. in one meal at times. I knew my son's lunches left something to be desired, but Heavens! Horrible! I'll never look at fast food the same way again.

Well Ladies, I best get to work...times a wasting! Have a happy, healthy OP day! (And stay away from that darn Halloween Candy! I swear it's KILLING me at the office.)

Last edited by Lilion; 10-27-2005 at 10:46 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 11:08 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Lilion - I love Dotti's site. I used to moderate on the International Board there, but it died a death. Not a lot of people used it at all. So now I sometimes check out the main boards, but much prefer it here

Thanks for telling us all about how you were proposed to. How sweet he couldn't wait til you went out for the meal because he was so nervous. It's cool too that you were so into baking and that you won't be able to bake an apple pie again without remembering your proposal. It may not have been the most romantic, still in it's own way I think it kinda was but it was definitely sweet and memorable.

You are so right about that Supersize Me and all that it taught us. Pretty incredible isn't it. It sure wouldn't hurt to let your DS watch it, I think it would shock even the younger person.

Well take care and keep fighting the temptation to eat that Halloween candy in the office

Hugs,

Ammi

Last edited by AmmiUK; 10-27-2005 at 11:14 AM.
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #18  
Oooo Silly Me!

Time4aChange – Stayce – Lizzy - WELCOME TO THE GROUP

Jilly – I’ve had the same discussions with James a while back near the beginning of our relationship. I always told him that he could do so much better than me. He could find someone who had a job, had a waistline and had better self esteem… since then things for me and our relationship have gotten much better. Not sure what changed, but things are more secure now. I must admit tho, I still think about it every now and then, but it doesn’t bother me as much. I definitely understand how you feel!

Andrea – good luck with your weigh in!

Ammi - I’ll definitely keep an eye out for something like that. Sheesh, cant trust nothing now-a-days!! I’m so sorry for the virus! It sucks you had to completely reload the system… which reminds me… I must backup!! Bite me is my favorite saying grin… I used to be a potty mouth and that’s been tamed down quite dramatically *grin* Bite me still has a punch, but with less potty in the mouth I’ve seen bits and pieces of Supersize Me… I hope to be able to catch it again… it’s definitely shocked me, at least the parts that I saw so far!!!

Lilion – Hmmm… ya know… I never really got a proposal, I just got the ring. One day we were in the mall, and I was looking for a birthstone ring for Brittny. Well… next thing ya know we are looking at solitaires and that was it. He got me the ring… Man… how boring is that He said it was a replacement for my promise ring. The diamond popped out of it. Even that was non-romantic. I got the promise ring March 13th, 1998 (I’m a dork I remember everything ) and the diamond popped out in August 2003 and November I got my new engagement ring as he calls it. So I guess we’re engaged Now… I wonder if he’ll do something nice as our wedding date gets closer (Oct 2007) hehehe…. A lot of people ask why so far off… that’s because I’ll be done with school by then and hopefully with a full time teaching job. The VA pays for my tuition and part of the stipulation is I remain single *grin* so… a long story short, that’s why it’s so far off… Tho it’s been pushed back a few times due to me not wanting to be a fat bride… I guess it being pushed back had a secret agenda to it heheh… I promise not to push it back anymore!!! *gulp*

I got a major headache!! I had a busy day at work… I had a really interesting dream last night about Brendan Fraser… *drool* He’s HOT! So I’ve been thinking about him all day hehehe… funny thing is, all through out my dream I would call him James. I guess James is my Brendan Fraser. Hmmm, my the reason why I keep pushing off the wedding date is because I’m secretly waiting for Brendan to divorce his wife and ask me to marry him????

Take care everyone, I’m off to class in a little bit!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #19  

Well I had a doctor's appointment today and of course they weighed me...Just to let you guys know that the scale there only goes up to 350 and the nurse knows who I am. Well I haven't been to the doctor in about 6 months so I go in and she says okay lets get your blood pressure...because she knows I am too big for the scale so she was gonna skip the weighing part...well I proved her wrong...I said I want to get weighed today because I have lost weight so she started moving the thing down further and further and said You have lost a lot of weight. It made me feel so good. Well I weighed 327 and she subtracted two pounds for my shoes...so that puts me at my mini-goal weight of 325 that I had set for myself for graduation which is next Saturday so I actually met my goal a week early. I am still going to weigh in tomorrow on my scale to make sure it is 325 then I will change my ticker. This is sooooo exciting. So my next mini-goal will be to get under 300...so that will be another 25 pounds. My doctor was thrilled about my weight loss and said to keep it up.

Hope all you girls are doing great. Well my hubby, son, dogs and I are about to go for our nightly walk. You all take care and stay away from that Halloween candy!!!

Andrea
AndreaS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

YAYYYYYYYYY ANDREA!!!

VERY awesome! Doesn't it feel great? I've not lost 25 pounds yet, but I'm excited over 16! They measured me at LAWL today and I lost a total of 9 inches since Sept. 21!! I was excited about that too, since I can't exercise at all because of a knee injury! WE CAN DO THIS!!!

SUE: Is your headache better? I get some really bad sinus headaches and a hot cloth is really the only remedy sometimes ~~ Hope you feel better!

AMMI: Glad you're back! Computer viruses are definitely NOT fun! Glad you got everything fixed!

to all the Newbies!!!

Have a GREAt Friday everyone!!
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #21  

Thanks Lori....Great job on your weight loss too!!! A total of 9 inches lost forever is awesome.

Well we just got back from our walk and I am gonna go watch Survivor now.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:56 PM   #22  
Oooo Silly Me!

Andrea – CONGRATS!!!!!

Mom2FiveSweeties – I’ll have to try the hot rag trick… usually I take 2 excedrine migraines and I’m good to go. I blame stress for all my headaches. It never fails… the start of school term and they come back…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:52 AM   #23  
Pound by Pound

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls! First, thank you all so much for the warm welcome! Second, WoW - you girls are churning - I love an active thread!

Wyllenn :: Congrats to you on 36 lbs loss - feels great doesn't it!? I'm with you on the routine of counting calories helping to keep you on track, it does the same for me. Continued success!

Lizzy :: Hiya! I'm newbie too but wanted to welcome you just the same! Congrats on your loss so far ... keep up the good work!

TamLynne :: Thanks for the welcome and a big congrats right back at ya - you're doing great... keep it up!

Jill :: Thank ya for the welcome! Sorry to hear you've been feeling a little 'blah' - I feel like that from time to time ... I know we're just meeting, but please know that I have 2 good ears if ya ever need to chat!
*btw* Congrats on your loss ... that's fabulous, you should be very proud!

Jen :: WoW, you're doing wonderfully ... 400 lost, ^5 girl!

Andrea :: Hey girlie! I finally made it over! You're right about the Halloween Challenge thread - it's D.E.A.D, now all that's left is to bury it! *g* Congrats on making your mini goal That's AWESOME and I'm very proud of you!

Ammi :: Thank ya for the congrats and for the welcome! You're doing a great job, 18 lbs down is a big deal! But, I do know what you mean about wanting to hit that 30 mark that too was when I started to notice how things were fitting... you don't have much farther to go, you'll be there before ya know it!

Lilion :: Aww... How sweet! How can you ever have an apple and not think fo that VERY romantic day!? I'll have to share my story too!
BTW ... ^5 on your 70 lb loss - WoW, how cool is that!?

SueMarie :: Thanks for the welcome! Congrats on 30 lbs loss, that's great! Oh and btw, that Brendan is a little cutie, huh? Hope your head is feeling better!

- -

As for me :: I'll be MIA until Sunday - my DH & I own a land surveying business and we're headed to Jackson, TN (along with 3 crewmen) to do a job ... *sigh* I sure wish the next 3 days were going to be spent relaxing by a pool and being fed grapes by a cute little cabana boy - instead, I'll be outside helping to measure things ... Oh what fun! lol I reckon that's the price you pay when you're trying to keep your clients happy! What stinks is that my w/i day is Saturday, so I'll miss that - maybe I'll come home to a big suprise - like making that BIG 50!? Wouldn't that be well worth it! *fingers crossed*

Well, I guess I should go - we're leaving at 5 am and I still have a ton of things to get together!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
** Stacye ** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 06:19 AM   #24  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Just had to pop in on a busy day and mention quickly that I weighed in at tOPS last night and was down 3.25 pounds to 276.25 I guess being too upset and stressed to eat has helped a little Nah, I really just didn't cheat as much as I have been lately--we only ate out once over the weekend and have Subway on Thursday nights. Other than that, I make everything at home, so I know exactly what I'm taking in for the most part. It works!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

CONGRATS, JILL!!!

Stayce: Here's hoping you hit the big 5-0 loss soon! Maybe NEXT WI!!

Sue: Yep, that hot rag works every time! You have to REST while it's on the old head though! I've not tried the Excedrin Migraine - back in the day, I used to use Excedrin all the time - now I use any plain label ibuprofin for my arthritis or headaches - they are supposed to be bad for my liver though - sigh -

THANKS Andrea!

Have a GREAT weekend Everyone!

mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 09:13 AM   #26  

Well my weigh in was this morning and I am at 325 so I did meet my mini-goal....now I get to change my ticker.

Stacye-- Sounds like you will be having loads of fun this weekend. Good luck with your weigh in when you get back.

Jill-- Way to go!! 3.25 pounds lost forever.

Sue-- I hope your headache got better.

Well I hope everyone has a great Friday and wonderful weekend.

Andrea
Old 10-28-2005, 09:43 AM   #27  
Pending Email Confirmation

Ha I finally started to read the GI diet book I bought some months ago, I am going to get back onto track!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:16 AM   #28  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Congrats, all you LOSERS!!!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 12:16 PM   #29  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

So...I found 2 fabulous ring settings. I love them both but for different reasons. One looks more vintage and is a single stone setting. The other is a beautiful 3-stone setting. In the end I don't care which I get...heck I don't even care if he picks out the plain solitaire setting we looked at...if it comes from him then I love it. But he made it through without getting totally spooked or even having palpitations. Then I started asking him if he had ever thought about how he wanted to propose to me (they had someone else's proposal all set up in the store...but they might not have shown up!) and he said yes, in vague detail. Then I asked him if he was going to call my dad and ask him permission...and he actually said yes, which made me cry.

So I finally make it through alllll of the Jewish holidays and I have to go away this weekend for work. ACK! I can't win! Oh well...it will be fine and so will I. I am just getting really tired of being so stuffed up. The Sudafed is helping more or less but I am actually not supposed to be taking it (HBP). But the Coricidin HPB stuff that has no decongestant makes me drowsy and I can't be that way all day. So I take a 12 hour Sudafed in the morning and the other one at night. I figure that if I am only doing it for 4 or 5 days that it will be OK and my BP is back under control anyways...I just hate being sick!!!

Oy...I was a slacker and slept in this morning...I need to get my tush in motion since I have a few things to do before I pick up the kids I am driving today and get on the road to the weekend retreat.

Adios!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 03:10 PM   #30  
Shadiepurple

Red face

Greetings ladies! I've been lurking for awhile again. I haven't had anything helpful to share so I just been peeking. Hey has anyone heard from DOGPAL?? I sure miss that girl.

I've been stuck unable to go swimming due to no time to myself lately . A new additive to my life has been my 3 neices, ages 5, 7, and 9, have moved in with me. Their mom is trying to get her feet under her and off drugs. I had no idea until 2 months ago that things were going bad at their house. I'm telling you what. My boys are 15 and 20 and I don't even worry about dinner for those guys. But these little girls have sucked every drop of energy I thought I had already used up. Back and forth to school and extra trips for the kindergardener. I can't even tell you how much laundry 3 lil' kidds can make in a day.....poor me. hahahah. I'm sure many of you understand and take it in stride everyday , but I was done being a mommy, I was set on MOM. I love them dearly and wouldnt change a thing except the baggage they have come with from what they've been through. I try to eat right but its so expensive with all the extras around here now. Oh well. I'm not jumping off the bridge just yet. Heck couldn't get my leg over the side at this point hahaha.

Take care everyone. Welcome to all you new dolls and congrats to all.Enjoy your life and hug a friend today.
shadiepurple is offline   Reply With Quote