Old 10-24-2005, 08:50 AM   #31  
Because I deserve it!

S/C/G: 315.4/311/165

Height: 5'11"

voodoo - I am sorry to hear you had to have the biopsy. Sounds like you had a rougher time of it than I did when I had mine. I hope you are feeling better soon. Let us know what you find out about the biopsy.

Well, gals, I am very excited. I have finally lost some weight....2.6 pounds. I think it is water weight, but I will take it!!!! I had started tracking my food in FitDay and it made me realize how much sodium I was taking in all the processed foods I am eating. I was working on cutting back primarily on sodium and it looks like it has allowed me to release some weight. I am very happy!
Xena2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Hello All,

I am so angry I could spit I really could. I had my hospital appointment today and as always get seen by somebody new. I think in all the years I have had UC and surgery because of it I have seen my proper consultant about 3 times. Anyway first of all he gets off on the wrong foot by saying, MY, you're big for somebody with an ileostomy. I am surprised!! I mean what's that supposed to mean, are all ilesotomists supposed to be skin and bones or what! Then when I explain to him how my two wounds, one that's 2 years old and one that is a year old nearly keep on healing nicely but then breaking down again all the time, he says, oh well that'd be your size. Fair enough one of the wounds is under my tummy overhang, but the other one is in my perineal are and no matter how thin or fat I am, that wouldn't matter. But he blamed my size and pretty much said there's nothing he can suggest, see you in 6 months!! Oh my blood is boiling. I am going to go see my own doctor on Friday and ask her opinion on what I should do about the wounds. Surely I can't be expected to spend the rest of my life with wounds that won't stay healed. The perineal wound is the worst because until that stays healed I am too worried about being intimate with my hubby. It's sore, and if it is open it's gunky. I want to cry I really do.

BUT...something good has come from it all. I didn't pig out afterwards. In fact I couldn't get home quick enough so I could go to bed and sleep and try to forget that horrible man!! But here I am now, and I have had my moan, so time to reply to others.

Julee - oh I really feel for your male friend, I mean with a woman, although it's a pain constantly being in pads, for a man it must be a horrendous experience. Poor guy. How is he now, is the abscess going to drain on it's own?

What wonderful news about your friend getting to goal and being so excited about it that she was shaking and crying. It really does pay out in the end doesn't it to keep on keeping on and seeing those numbers drop. We will all get there soon enough.

Jill - I know all about getting kicked off rides because the restraints don't fit. It happened to me once in a fairly local theme park, and when I know I have lost enough weight I am going back there and am going to easily glide into the seat and put the seat belt across without a struggle. It's going to be a beautiful moment OOOH I like the pumpkin smiley I hope if you do go to that place where there are rides, that you will fit ok on the stuff you choose to go on.

Seems like you are enjoying getting your house all in order. What stuff did you buy to go on the walls. It's so exciting moving house even if it is hard work.

Rabidstoat - what a cool website letting you know how big ride seats are. Over here they are only just starting to put seat outside the rides so you can see if you will fit. But like you said they are right by where you queue so it's still an embarrasment trying to get into the seat. I think all theme parks should have a site where you can check out the seat dimensions and restraints etc before you get there.

Sue Marie - sorry that you think you have strep throat. I hope if you do that you don't end up as sick as you were last time, it must have been awful having that AND Scarlet fever.

That's pretty interesting about the scales. I found that I always weighed more on my digital scales than on the dial ones. It's right what Jill says though, as long as you weigh on the same scale each time that is all that matters

Wyllen - thanks for the good luck at the doctors, shame it didn't seem to work. Poor Sharon had all that bleeding, and me, well I had that jerk of a doctor to contend with. Well imagine how much worse it might have been had you not wished us both good luck

Jill - ooooh I don't like your gym scales, they lie It's really weird how so many different scales can all give different readings. I wonder what we would all weigh on The Biggest Loser scales??

Sharon (voodoo) - really sorry to hear that your visit to the hospital was such a bad one. All that blood must have been scary. Did the doc say it was normal to bleed like that? I hope it eases up and you aren't in too much pain and that you will enjoy your time away. I will miss you when you are gone and look forward to chatting again when you are home.

Xena - congrats on the 2.6 lbs lost that is wonderful. It feels so fabulous when the weight comes off doesn't it. Sometimes it's a pain when it doesn't come off as fast as we would like but it does come off and that's what counts.

OK time for me to go see what's for tea, vegetables and something, just got to decide what the something is. Take care all, and have a good day.

Hugs,

Ammi
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 12:04 PM   #33  

Hello Ladies!

Thought I'd pop over here for a quick report since I post on the Old Hen's all the time and only lurk here for the most part.

I see some of you ladies are having health problems. I'm so sorry to hear it. By all means keep after those doctors and don't take any poop from them. Get better soon.

On the topic of scales, my digital at home always weighs me about 1 1/2 lbs higher than the Dr. scale, which is the slidey-bar type. So, of course, I consider the Dr. scale accurate. I went to WI last Friday and was happy to see a little loss. 258.5, which of course I'm rounding DOWN to 258. This puts me at 70 gone and 68 to go, more than 1/2 way there! I've not been this size in a really long time, more than 5 years to be exact. It's such slow going now, but I hope I can keep on losing. It'll be really cool to get out of plus sizes.

I've done the amusement park thing at size 24 and it wasn't too bad, but then again I don't really like a lot of rides. I did have to sit next to a skinny teenage boy on one ride since I couldn't fit next to my husband - that was just awful. You could tell he didn't want to sit next to some fat, sweaty old woman. One of the few times I've felt really bad about myself. Just having the guy make me move was bad enough.

Congrats to all the losers! Keep up the good work ladies!

Got to use the smiley pumpkins!!!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #34  
Oooo Silly Me!

S T O P ! !
Please do not post here anymore.

Instead, why don't you join us at the next thread entitled

300+ And Ready To Try Again.. #775
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote