Old 09-02-2005, 04:53 PM   #46  

Thumbs up Jillybean

CONGRATS on your loss/maintain!! here is to that 30 pound loss!! Just keep doing what you have been doing! Keep those pounds coming down!! Next week will be different at TOPS!
SicknTired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:57 PM   #47  

Julee

Hello! My name is PJ. Congrats on the 66 pounds gone and being under 250!! That is fantastic!

I know what you mean about being hard on yourself with the scale. Try to remember that the scale is not the only way to measure our successes! Like those hot jeans, excellent blood sugar and bp are super too!! Keep doing what youa re doing and I look forward to getting to know you better!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:02 PM   #48  

hello ladies. it seems as though we are all having a tough spot. I just wanted to see how those who have been losing are going forward...and to see if anyone has any ideas for the thyroid defiecient...i have hypothyroid like you wouldnt believe. makes it hard to lose weight. any suggestions?
weathergrrl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:11 PM   #49  
DoxieMomx2

Hi Chickies! I've also been doing some lurking and posting on the "Old Hens" site, but wanted to touch base with everyone and give a big WELCOME to all the newbies. This is probably the best forum out there for dealing with weight loss. I know it's been a God send to me. Even when I fall off (like yesterday and today - Aunt Flo came a week early), there is no doubt in my mind that I will crawl right back up and keep going. I have been an exercise-aholic for the last three months, which is a great accomplishment for me, but Tuesday night at water aerobics I severely pulled my upper left quad muscle, and then decided to ignore it and do a three-mile walk Wednesday night. Well, it decided it was not going to be ignored and it hasn't quit screaming since. I have been eating Ibruprofen and using the heaing pad with cold compressed castor oil and peppermint oil, but it just doesn't want to go away.

Brandnewme - You're post totally hit home with me. It's because of wisdom like you shared that makes me know and have the desire to get back on track and keep going. I am in this for the long haul and realize I didn't gain it overnight, so I decided not to beat myself up over it. It happened, it was a choice I made, and I will make it right! Thanks so much! Moving in with someone does take some getting used to. It doesn't matter how long you've dated, it's just the fact that someone else is there all the time! Hang in there and remember he's worth it!!

JuleeCees - You have done so good, don't even think twice about the period gain. It sucks, but it happens! At least you know why it's there and it's a gain that you have no control over. Brush it off and keep going, girl!

Dogpal - It is so good to hear from you again. Honey, I am so sorry you've had it so rough. I agree with brandnewme, this has all happened for a reason. God is giving you a different road to travel and I know you can put one foot in front of the other and make it! You are such a strong and wonderfully inspiring person. You have helped me time and time again, so if there is anything I can do for you, just ask. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Jillybean - Girl, you work so much it makes me dizzy!! I wish I had half your energy. (Maybe this has something to do with me being an "old hen"??) Don't worry about the staying the same. You're right, we always weigh less when we first get up than we do in the evening when we've already eaten and drank our allotment for the day. I'm glad you found an apartment that you and your boyfriend both like. And again, WHEW on the rent. That's higher than I pay on my 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage mortgage! I'll stick with my little podunk midwest scenery for the price!! But like I said, I am happy for you that you found something you like!

Catherine - Glad to see you missed the wrath of Katrina. I can't watch the TV or read CNN reports about the kaos without crying along with them. I have never seen such devastation and misplaced people here in the USA. My heart just wrenches for these people.

Momtofive - I'm thrilled that you're knee is getting better and you won't have to have surgery! Keep babying it and be good to yourself!

SueMarie - Woo-Hoo! A Vegas girl! You're trip sounded like SO much fun. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Again, BIG WELCOME, to all the newbies. Take care and everyone have a great Labor Day weekend. - Kim

Last edited by DoxieMom; 09-02-2005 at 05:13 PM.
DoxieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:34 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 329/tracker/168

Height: 5'6"

Good grief, a day away from the Internet and I get back and there are all these posts. I have to say when I first started posting here it was pretty quiet, so it's lovely to have all these posts from you all.

Jill - that sucks that your scales said differently to the TOPS one. This is why I hate scales, they can be so disappointing.

Sharon - can't remember if I said it before, but well done on the 2.5 weight loss. It's been a long time since I have been in the teens with regards to my weight, so it really will be awesome for me.

Dogpal - first of all, here's two arms pulling you back up onto the wagon I am sure that you will do well with losing weight again. Try to focus on how great you will feel when you are lighter rather than how awful you feel at the weight you are now. I am a firm believe in positive thinking. Congrats on 20 years of marriage, that's so cool that you two eloped Good luck to your hubby on getting that job, and to you both on selling the house.

Lori - just in case I don't get online on the day, early anniversary wishes to you and your husband. What has been wrong with your knee that made you think you may need surgery? Surgery sucks big time, so I am so happy for you that you don't need any after all.

Brandnewme - I am so pleased for you that you have really made the lifestyle change and that you feel like you have acomplished a lot. You sure have. I am sorry you have got quite a lot of stress to deal with right now, but you seem to be handling it well. Good for you for not comfort eating!!

PJ , Weathergirl, Doxiemom and Blissful - Hi Hope you are all doing ok, and the diets are going well!
AmmiUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 08:04 PM   #51  

Weathergirl

Hi. Sorry I don't haev any wordsof wisdom for you with your thyroid problem. Are you seeing a doctor and on meds? I am sure that there is someone here that may have more answers for you.
PJ
Old 09-02-2005, 08:07 PM   #52  

Kim thanks for the welcome! Great job with your excersise! I wish I had half of your enthusiasm!! That sux about your leg though! My advice and I am no doctor, but is to rest it for awhile. Hope Aunt Flo leaves you soon, but please please please do not send her here!!!
Hope you have a fantabulous weekend!!
I just love this group and all of the support here!!
Thanks Ladies!
PJ
Old 09-02-2005, 08:11 PM   #53  

Ammi

How are you doing?? I didn't do so hot today. On an impulse after I took y 5 year old to the doctor I took her and my younger daughter to Pizza Hut for lunch. All you can eat buffet. Must I say more?? On the positive side though, I didn't eat anything else all day. I am going to really concentrate and do well tomorrow, Saturday and the rest of the weekend as well to recover and have a good weigh in on Monday.

Anyone have plans for the weekend? I don't have any.

PJ
Old 09-02-2005, 08:25 PM   #54  

Default Glad Game

Ammi before I begin my glad game I just want to say you are such a wonderful person!! You are a ray of sunshine in my life! Thanks for being you!!

Ok the Glad Game.....Ia m thankful that I haev a roof over my head, my loved ones are here with me safe and sound, I have a car to drive, food on my table and clothes on my back. I am also greatful that I have indoor plumbing and electricity and fresh running water. I know it is a pain in the wallet that gas prices are sky rocketing, but looking at the alternative in LA and Miss., I will take the high gas prices. Thank you Dear Lord for all of these things that I take for granted.

I also will take this moment and ask you Dear Lord to bless, guide, help, protect, and give strength and comfort to all of those people affected by this hurricane.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by saying that. If I did I am sorry and just know that this was a one time thing. Thanks.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:33 PM   #55  

Wow PJ thank you, that was a very sweet thing for you to say about me. I feel the same about you and the other ladies here too, the feeling of support I am getting is going to get me to stick to my diet, and I will get to goal this time because of all of you.

I enjoyed reading your 'glad game' responses, and I for one certainly don't mind your prayer for the people effected by Hurricane Katrina. It really is a tragedy, and my prayers are being added to yours.

Have a lovely weekend,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 PM   #56  

Hey PJ,

I am doing pretty good thanks for asking. OH NO, Pizza Hut buffet, I can never even pretend to be good when I am anywhere near there lol, but the buffet, I am a gonner lol. OK so you had a nice meal there, that's a good way of putting it lol, but you know what, I think you still should have eaten something else later on. You have to keep that old metabolism going, even if you just had a piece of fruit.

I am sure if you eat well over the weekend, as in within your points or calorie limit etc, then your weigh in won't be effected. As I have said many times before, and by saying it again and again it reminds me too - it's a life style change, and you aren't going to spend the rest of your life without having some treats. So don't worry about it, and just carry on back on track as you have planned.

Have a good weekend,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-03-2005, 05:32 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 300+/275/150

Height: 5'8"

Ammi, you're so supportive of everyone, you ought to be a counsellor! What plan do you follow, low cal fat, carbs, ww? Did you find any (men's) tshirts? I got two stripey ones a few months ago, they are very flattering,(narrow stripes) my tummy does'nt look bad 'till I turn sideways!lol.
This depression thing seems to really affect a lot of us, yet we seem so caring to each other we must remember that we deserve to be happy and that weightloss, whilst good, should not affect our state of mind too much (yeah, right!) that's the hope anyway!

regards,
sharon
voodoo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 05:46 AM   #58  

Though I'd add my feelings to the horror of what's happened, I thought it would be ok, it seemed the worst was going to miss New Orleans, and after all it is the US, they must have things in place for this sort of catastrophe, hurricanes seem to occur quit often. I was apalled when I caught the news, a priest sitting, hungry and wet, no water and more and more people dying AFTERWARDS. WHY? What is gw bush doing, (we all know what the 'w' stands for!) still trying to bomb iraq into submission (finishing daddy's work) he should be looking after his people, but instead more Americans die, both in iraq and NO.
Sorry about the rant, I feel better now, but wish there was something I could do to help, New Orleans looks something like a third world country, gw bush should hang his head in shame AND get his butt in gear, there must be so many people who are ready to help, yet are waiting for guidace, I don't believe in god, but I'm praying for them, just in case, it puts our problems into perspective does'nt it?

love&hugs,
sharon (hope this doe'nt offend anyone, the pops at gw bush)
Old 09-03-2005, 08:14 AM   #59  

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your kind words. I like to be as supportive as I can, and I hope I never come across as a Pollyanna, I really believe what I say. I never think, oh god that person stuffed up, now how do I make them feel better. I love this message board and everybody on it. We all are here for each other, we all know how it feels to fall off the wagon, how hard it is to get back on it, and it seems a lot of us know a lot about the depression that sometimes our weight and size can bring on. You know I wouldn't mind being a weight loss coach/counselor. I follow WW points plan, but I don't go to classes, I just do it myself at home. I think if I went to classes I could put in for a leaders job with them when I reach my target weight. Please note I said WHEN, not if Anyway, I don't need to work for them, I can get all my enjoyment from helping others here. It also helps keep me motivated too, I feel like I would be letting myself and others down if I were to just give up this diet. I have been on a couple of other weight loss support sites, but they just don't have the same vibe as this one.

No I didn't look for any mens t-shirts yet. I really should, but I keep putting it off because I want to be forced into keeping strong on this diet so that my own t-shirts will fit loosely again. I keep looking at the Evans Website, and I see some great clothes there. Again I say NO, I am not buying anything from Evans until I can buy at least one size range smaller. So instead of 30/32 I want to buy 26/28. It's a good incentive.

I hope you are enjoying your weekend, the weather in Wales at least is gorgeous, hot and windy, perfect weather for getting all the washing done, including the curtains etc before the cold weather sets in.

Bye for now,

Hugs,

Ammi
Old 09-03-2005, 08:20 AM   #60  

Ammi where are you in wales, I used to live in amlwch on Anglessey? the weather here is cloudy with odd outbreaks of sun, it feels a bit damp though, and with little wing, hope my washing dries, we ought to be weather girls WHEN we lose the weight!lol
regards,
sharon