Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 06:48 PM   #1  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Post Wanna be my friend? LOL

im glad to see this forum and particular division. i feel like no one understands me. i mean i have a weight loss buddy which i acquired when i was actively on jenny craig but she isnt as heavy as i am. ive gained about 40 lbs this school year alone dealing with the deepest depression ive had since entering college. and now im at 344 and feel like im going higher everyday. i look forward to participating in this forum. if anyone wishes to be my email buddy (in your 20s would be best but not necessary) that'd be fun! send me a PM and we'll begin correspondence.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:34 PM   #2  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Rapture:

Welcome to the forum. Head on over to #698 and join in the conversation. See you there.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:58 PM   #3  
Project Down-Sizing !!

WELCOME !!

Come on in... grab a seat and stay a while.. the company is great here !!

Look forward to seeing you on the boards.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:05 AM   #4  

Welcome Rapture...you are in the right place for support...I check in everyday and it has really kept me motivated...and I am sure that most of us can understand what you are going thru...cuz we are fighting the same battles. I hope to get to know ya!
Old 05-06-2005, 12:28 AM   #5  
Ima bundle *' emotion

still looking for an email buddy.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:39 AM   #6  
Determined to Lose!!!

hey i sent you a pm... we can exchange email addresses if you're interested!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:22 AM   #7  
Ima bundle *' emotion

i always thought responding to your own thread is lame but i dont like repeating the same thing over. so just wanted to say that i'm interested in having an email buddy who can understand where i'm coming from, someone i can talk and relate to, and who we can rely on each other for support. nothing is wrong with the boards (so don't get it twisted)...i'm just more of a one-on-one type person and i get lost easily haha.

thanks for reading!

*Rosie*
Old 02-07-2006, 05:54 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

Rosie - Hello and to the forum! Even though you are only looking for an e-mail buddy right now, I hope to see you around the threads sometime!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:26 PM   #9  
Ima bundle *' emotion

Thanks for the welcome but ive been on the forum for quite a while.
Old 02-07-2006, 04:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 412/TICKER/175

Height: 5'5

I meant the 300+ :P Haven't seen you around here.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:29 PM   #11  
Dancing those pounds away

Well I can't offer myself as an email buddy... but just want you to know that you might just try joining the "group" and see how you like it.
We can all relate to your history. If you join the group and get an email buddy you get twice as much for your money. LOL
Old 02-08-2006, 12:17 AM   #12  
Ima bundle *' emotion

i've joined the group before...not my thing...nothing personal
Old 02-08-2006, 09:46 AM   #13  
Michigan Old-Timer

Extrinsic: I know your probably getting discouraged that no one is taking you up on your email buddy request, but 3FC's discourages posters from using their email addresses here. No one REALLY knows who anyone is here, if you think about it, and giving out your email address leaves you open to all sorts of spam and worse. Here is what Suzanne has written in the "buddy up" forum in regards to email addresses:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne 3FC
Please use caution when posting email addresses... We know how exciting it is to make new friends, and find someone that we can share our diet journey with, and realize that we're not in this alone. We are very lucky to have an incredible support system going here, and we hope everyone will be successful

As a public forum, though, the info you post is visible to all lurkers, and not all may have your best interests at heart. Please use caution when sharing your personal information, including your email addresses or various messenger IDs. If you want to exchange contact info, we ask that you do it through the Private Message system, and not in your posts. If you've already included info and want to remove it, click the edit button on your posts and you can edit it out.

We want this to be a safe and successful experience for you all
I hope this might explain to you the resistance you are getting to your request. 3FC's is all about "groups". That's what we do here.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:13 PM   #14  
Ima bundle *' emotion

thanks for the info but i didnt post my email address anywhere or ask anyone to do that. i said they could PM me. if i just dont like groups...although some there are wonderful people...i dont see why i'm getting condemned for my preferences. i've partaked in groups and challenges here (300+ section) in the past and in most instances i'm left talking to myself or maybe one person. but it's alright. moderator you may close or delete this thread.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #15  
Michigan Old-Timer

I'm sorry Rosie, I certainly didn't mean it to sound "condemning". It surely was not meant to be. I was merely trying to empathize with you and explain why perhaps you haven't had any takers on your request. I truly didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Please forgive me.
Closed Thread