Old 03-15-2005, 07:07 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!

Not much has happened since last night!

Thanks for the PM's. I've got us at a 22.70 pounds gone tally!! That puts us at 190.10 pounds for the group since the first of the year.

Now for a question. That total includes folks who are no longer posting regularly. Should their losses stay in the group total or drop them out?

Have a great OP day. I need to get up and get going so I can do some pilates or something this morning before work.

Later!

(Thanks Thin! )
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:13 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning!

Good lord I missed a lot of posts yesterday! I wasn't online at all after I left work yesterday at 2. I went straight from work to job #2 at the restaurant for training. Luckily, I was only there till about 4:45, so then I went shopping for clothes to wear to work at the restaurant. We need medium-dark blue jeans, black belt, black slip-resistant shoes, and a white oxford-style shirt. AHH! I had all this stuff last time I worked there, but I've gained so much weight since then that most of it doesn't fit anymore And, of course, it's not easy stuff to find, esepcially when you need it! I have the belt and shoes and 1 pair of jeans I can wear there (not allowed to be wide-leg, boot-cut, flare, or have too many "lines" like most stretch jeans have). I tried wal-mart (where, unlike Thin, no guys tried to pick me up ) and Fashion Bug for some inexpensive jeans, but the ones that fir me in the waist (about a 24) are WAY too baggy in the legs, even the tapered-leg jeans! grr...I also need new shirts, and I found one at Lane Bryant, but I can NOT afford to get more than 1 when they are $24.50 each, and that is on sale (regularly $34.50). I can't fit into Wal-Mart shirts anymore, and Fashion Bug only had shiny poly-rayon ones that were the right style. I would love to just buy men's dress shirts (cheaper and MUCH easier to find!), but the restaurant actually requires the ladies to wear ladies' shirts (buttons MUST be on the left!), and they can't be a letter size (S-M-L, 1x-2x-3x), they have to be numbered sizes (so for me, like a 26/28). IT SUCKS and is darn near impossible to find. I will do some searching online today and see if I can't find any that are the right material, style (must be either 3/4 or long sleeves, either one or no chest pocket), size, and are AFFORDABLE! I did not get a second job so I could spend a ton of money on uniforms for that job! Oi vei...

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinthinker
Whoever was mentioning calorie intakes: You need to go back and look again at how to calculate. A 300 pound person needs between 1650 and 1850 calories daily to lose, a 350 pound person would need more than that, a 250 pound person would need less. Also depending on what your activity level is, you can fluctuate that amount even more.

Where did you find this? I have read to generally multiply your body weight by 11 to find out how many calories your body needs (300 x 11 = 3300), then you need to cut out 3500 calories per week to lose a pound, so 7000 to lose 2 pounds per week:
[(3300cals x 7days per week) - 7000cals]/7days per week = 2300cals per day
Therefore, even a relatively inactive person at 300 pounds should be able to lose weight at 2000 calories a day. Of course, it all depends on what your body is used to (how many calories you have been taking in over an extended period of time and such), so it's different for everyone. For some reason, I started a diet once eating about 1700 calories a day (I was still around 300 pounds), and I didn't lose ANY weight for weeks, so I gave up. Now, I am doing about 1800-2000 calories and am losing weight. Who knows

I think I need a nap, and I've only been at work for about an hour! Getting to bed late on Sunday nights must end now...if I start the week off tired, it's going to be hopeless! Yeah, yeah, woe is me...enough whining, more doing!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #18  
I'm lettin her out!

2x2 challenge..... How can I get in this and what do I need to do (other than lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks?)

Thanks!
MyInnerGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

2X2 Challenge 3-14-2005 to 3-28-2005

Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess

MyInnerGoddess - Consider yourself joined and committed! Just copy the last list and add your name. Its just our way of public commitment. But I don't check to see who had their name on the list when it comes time for weigh-in. I count everybody who has a loss.

Jill - Try Lands-End online. They have white no iron cotton shirts up to size 26. What's with the requiring numbered sizes? How bizarre.

On the jeans note, I have always had problems finding jeans that fit at the waist and were not baggy in the hips, butt and legs. Women's jeans are cut as if we all have the perfect hourglass figure. My sis sent me a pair of men's jeans that she can't wear. She's been wearing men's jeans for years because they fit her better. And she is right! They have a bit of lower waist without being low-riders, they fit great at the waist and no bagginess in the butt. My favorite and best looking pair of jeans. No more expensive women's jeans for me.

Off to work!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:29 AM   #20  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks for the suggestion, Terri! Land's End does have a shirt that would work (good call), but I just can't see spending $44.50 on something that's going to be subject to barbecue sauce, buffalo sauce, salad dressing, etc., on a daily basis (I even had a hard time spending $24.50 on the one I found at Lane Bryant...if they were cheaper, I would have bought a few of them--howcome men can get these shirts in any imaginable size for 10 bucks at Wal-Mart?!) They require numbered sizes because "they provide a more tailored and professional fit" or whatever. I'm pretty sure if I find a 3x that works, I'm going to snag it. what are they going to do, check my tag? Besides, I can understand a tailored/fitted look if you have a shape other than ROUND and rolly, which I happen to be, and no amount of tailoring is going to make me look otherwise
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:30 AM   #21  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey all, just checking in before i go to pick up Danielle.

Thin/Jilly - I think with the calorie thing is confusing because some of us are reading about how to LOSE weight and others are reading about how to SUSTAIN weight. There's been some confusion among all of us!! For me to sustain my weight i'd have to eat like over 3k calories a day, but not to LOSE the weight, i have to cut that in half.

Terri - I've always dreamt about owning horses, I used to take lessons when i was younger, i've seen some of the pics of your beauties I bet it's the best way to get in a daily workout too, taking care of those things!

Julee - I've always read that it's affected by weight and exercise, so i can't imagine being TOO concerned with it all. I can almost guarantee the doc isn't going to even worry about it, they'll say the same thing.

Well that's all the time i have for now, i gotta head out, sorry if i missed anyone Have a great day everyone!!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:46 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Julee ... I usually am up all night ... but last night I was sawing logs before midnight.
As for the TOM question... yes, it was my experience and many others to have their TOM change during weight loss and or exercise. Of course there are many others who did not. LOL It sounds like you may just have a new routine now. If it continues to be painful you may want to go get checkded out. Mild cramps are very normal for a lot of people.

There are many tricks to posting as you read. I have found the best way for me is to ....
After I bring up the thread ... I also bring up the screen to write an email.
I just write my post on that screen... then copy and paste here.
I find this way best for me because ...I get knocked off line a lot and my email screen stays up until I get back online.
I do have to either memorize the cutezy additions .. or add them after I paste on this thread.

Thin.... I guess since hubby is out of town you don't have to be in bed with him by midnight. As posted above... I was asleep BEFORE midnight last night. Don't wear yourself down, you will end up sick.

Terri... I would leave all weight loss in our totals. Even if someone leaves,,, they were a part of our support system when they earned their weight loss. I guess you could keep track of both, but that would be time consuming... and do you add them back in if they come back ?? My vote is to keep all losses recorded as a part of the challenge.

Jill .. my daughter had to wear uniforms in high school and I found some reasonably priced at Pennys. Sometimes I had to order from catalog if out of her size.
How will they know if it is a 3XL or a 26. ?? Make you take your blouse off ???
I also bought some at the goodwill store. They ALWAYS have white oxford shirts.
(oopppss - I see you have said the same thing in the next post. LOL )

Leanne.... GOOD LUCK on your thesis. My daughter had to bind like 10 copies for her professors and school library and of course for us too. I am embarrassed to say I have not read hers. She used cheaper paper for her own copy and ours.

I have been here too long already. I have a longgggg list of "to do" waiting on me.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:03 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Boy how the posts fly-by when your not looking. Just wanted

to stop by and add my name to the 2 x 2 and Whoa the posts!
Anyway add me to the 2 x 2

Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess

Hilta

Oh Terri did you get my 3.75 for the last 2x2 --------HIlTA

Somebody will probably post while I'm thinking so I'll stop now and
be back later.
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #24  

Talking Beware the Ides of March!

There's a great entry over in the journals about what the heck an "Ide" is! You should check it out!

Boy, did I miss a lot yesterday. Knowing my boss is going to be checking my computer really messes up my posting/reading!

Jilly: If you get a shirt you like in a 3x...cut out the tag and tell anyone that asks that it was itchy!

Julee: Don't know that I can give any advice on the TOM question. Mines been messed up for about two weeks prior to starting my weight loss! Used to be every 24 days...yeah, close together I know. Now they seem to want to be every 2 weeks! Yikes! I'm 41 though and am wondering if age is a factor there. I know getting too thin or too fat can affect, so I suppose loss could too.

Thin: You Go Girl! I haven't been hit on in ages...makes you feel like you still got it, huh?

Terri: So sorry the kids are being such buttheads about the BIL. I really hope that the situation resolves well. I don't understand how people can treat their own family like that and the grandmother especially! Awful. On another topic...I sent you a PM with my loss and with a question. But I'm not sure how much you'll want to count.

About the 2x2...I'm not sure of the best way to do this. I sent Terri 2 lbs, which is what I lost between 3/3 and 3/10. But I also lost five before that when I wasn't on a challenge, between 2/24 and 3/3. And 8 more before that. Basically, I've lost 15 lbs total and I credit a good portion of that to this support group. As has been said a dozen times before, it's just so nice to be able to "chat" with ladies in the same boat as me! So, should I do the next challenge and just go from 3/10 to 3/24?

Well, time to get to work!

Have a great day ladies!

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #25  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess
Hilta
JuleeCeeS

Thanks for the words of advice and comfort...talk to you all later!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:07 PM   #26  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Good Morning all!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Work is chaos so I won't get to post much. Terri I won't know my total for the 2x2 till tonight because I weighin on Tuesday but I will PM you tonight. Hope its not to late.

I hate to say it but I was going to try to go to Spring Fling but a Seminar has come up that my boss really wants me to go to. It is for Medicare and they are fixing to cut our prices in a gigantic way! But I will be saving my pennies for next year. I was hoping to meet everyone.

Hope everybody has a good OP day.

Scoot
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:36 PM   #27  
742,000 calories burned

S/C/G: 592/380/175

Height: 5'9"

MissMeliss- I am still trying to lose weight, my body is just no longer cooperating. I weigh and measure everything that goes in my mouth. I do no eating out, and lost 105 pounds in the first 5-6 months of my new start. Since then, I have lost a total of about 8 pounds in the last 4 months. In those 4 months I've gone from being able to walk 10 steps without the use of a wheelchair to walking over a mile without having to sit down. Depending on which nutrition formula you use, a 400 pound person burns at least 4000 calories a day just breathing. Staying with 1200 calories a day I should be losing at least 5.5 pounds a week without moving from a chair. I wasn't. I increased my exercise, nothing. I decreased to 1000 calories even though I know that is against medical advisability, and gained 2 pounds. When I went up to 1800 a day, I lost a bunch the first week. My problem has been in convincing myself to eat more. I feel sometimes like I am forcing myself to eat when not hungry, and I am opposed to that. Deep down in my heart of hearts, I know that I am being "good" and working my *** off, and when I haven't gotten anything to show for it that week, it is so hard. I don't feel like giving up, I just get mad. For now I am willing to just trust. I am losing inches still, I'm sure I'm putting on muscle. I joke that if it keeps up like this, I am going to be the first 400 pound woman to win a marathon. As for the leeks and peppers, the leeks are going into a soup. A receipe of Martha Stewart's that I cleaned up a bit. The peppers seem to go into everything. The first time I even tasted a pepper was on a pizza in college. If I was still speaking to my mother, I'm sure she'd be shocked to hear I was eating "that stuff."

Shopaholic- I use a food counts book by Dr. Art Ulene. It was $8. It has the counts for lots of take out stuff in it.

JuleeCee- Hormones are very complicated. There are alot of stuff about them that researchers still don't know. USF here is doing research on it, and came out with some stuff recently that fat, especially belly fat, acts like another organ. Abdominal fat puts out at least 10 different hormones. As for me, when I have reached a certain weight on the way up, my periods have always stopped, only to start again when I pass a certain point on the way back down. This time when I lost 175 from my all time high of 592, it was like going through puberty again. Heavy periods are a sign of estrogen fluctuations. You may stabilize on your own, but I would got to the doctor. You may need your pill dosage or type adjusted. If it is your primary birth control, you may get a surprise otherwise.

I'm making okra today, so I'd better get on it. Those slimy things aren't going to cut themselves up.

Catherine
CatherineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:24 PM   #28  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Ok, First off!

Thinthinker
Judy
Scooter
MissMeliss
Mamamoo
Terri
Tracy
2cute
Julie
Iwillbe
Shopaholic
MyInnerGoddess
Hilta
JuleeCeeS
Keri (synn)

Sorry that I did not post over the weekend, been feeling a bit better, just kinda needed me time though.
Yesterday I weighed in with another .5 lb loss (bringing the week to 3.5 lbs) I am POP thus far today and will catch up with everyone later.

BTW....I am almost always on AIM (althought the name is a little different...add witch between the name and number), so feel free to IM me if I am on!
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:27 PM   #29  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

STOP! DON'T POST HERE....PLEASE JOIN US IN THE NEXT NUMBER THREAD....# 674
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote