Old 03-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #1  

Default Adipex

Hey, I was wondering if any of you have heard of, or have used Adipex. My best friend was just put on it and he says that he knows a few that were on it and lost a bunch of weight. I read some reviews on it...but I was wondering if any of you might have experience with it first hand. Seems like one of those things that are too good to be true. My gut tells me that portion and calorie control and exercise are the better option, but I am open to anything.

Thanks--

Jen
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 11:14 AM   #2  
Hang In There

I've know of one friend who lost a good bit of weight on it, but her insurance changed and it was no longer being paid for by insurance, so she got off it, and like with most "quick fixes" the weight can right back on as soon as she was off it.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

sorry... I have never even heard of it.
Just didn't want you think I was ignoring your question.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:32 PM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

I believe that Adipex is the market name for Phentermine, (don't shoot me if I'm wrong, I was reading some different articles) check out the Buyer-Beware forum.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Adipex - Phentermine

(FEN ter meen)
Adipex-P, Fastin, Ionamin, Obenix, Obephen, Oby-Cap, Oby-Trim, Panshape M, Phentercot, Phentride, Pro-Fast HS, Pro-Fast SA, Pro-Fast SR, Teramine, Zantryl

What is the most important information I should know about Adipex?
• Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities. Adipex may cause dizziness, blurred vision, or restlessness, and it may hide the symptoms of extreme tiredness. If you experience these effects, avoid hazardous activities.
• Adipex is habit forming. You can become physically and psychologically dependent on this medication, and withdrawal effects may occur if you stop taking it suddenly after several weeks of continuous use. Talk to your doctor about stopping this medication gradually.
• Do not crush, chew or open any "once-daily" Adipex tablets or capsules. Swallow them whole.

What is Adipex?
• Adipex is a sympathomimetic amine, which is similar to an amphetamine. It is also known as an "anorectic" or "anorexigenic" drug. Adipex stimulates the central nervous system (nerves and brain), which increases your heart rate and blood pressure and decreases your appetite.
• Adipex is used as a short-term supplement to diet and exercise in the treatment of obesity.
• Adipex may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide.

Who should not take Adipex?
• You cannot take Adipex if you
· have heart disease or high blood pressure;
· have arteriosclerosis (hardening of the arteries);
· have glaucoma;
· have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) such as isocarboxazid (Marplan), tranylcypromine (Parnate), or phenelzine (Nardil) in the last 14 days; or
· have a history of drug or alcohol abuse.
• Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you have
· problems with your thyroid,
· an anxiety disorder,
· epilepsy or another seizure disorder, or
· diabetes.
• You may not be able to take Adipex, or you may require a lower dose or special monitoring during treatment if you have any of the conditions listed above.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Marbleflys, thanks for stopping in and posting the info as well as sending Jen to Buyer Beware.

theotherjen: That would be my recommendation as well. Check in the "Buyer Beware" section of this forum. You'll find all kinds of info on all the diet gimmicks.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 04:43 PM   #7  

Thanks for the information...I was already pretty sure that the stuff would be a waste of my time and money. I will check out the other list as well.

Thanks again for your feedback = )
theotherjen is offline   Reply With Quote