Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #16  

Wow... I'm gone two days, and I think it's literally not possible for me to catch up with the threads. Hello to newcomers, sorry to old friends not to do replies... I'm just going to have to start a clean slate from here.

I DID make my 2 pounds--just exactly 2 pounds--for the last 2X2. That makes 2 in a row, and I'm going for 3.

Last edited by Angela_aka_Alice; 02-28-2005 at 10:59 AM.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:57 AM   #17  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sure, I'll give this 2x2 thing a whirl!

Roll Call for 2x2 ending 3/14/05:
Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Iwillbe
Angela

Jill (jillybean720)

Last edited by jillybean720; 02-28-2005 at 10:59 AM. Reason: jeez, we were all posting at the same time!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:59 AM   #18  

Whoops, we were posting at the same time, Jill

Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Jill (jillybean720)
Angela
Old 02-28-2005, 11:00 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hahaha okay, I think we've got the list about right now Seems to be a popular time!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:03 AM   #20  

Okay, Count me in! This will be a little awkward since I weigh on Thursdays...getting away from the weekend...but it gives me something to shoot for.Roll Call for 2x2 ending 3/14/05:
Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Iwillbe
Angela
Jill (jillybean720)
Lilion

Last edited by Lilion; 02-28-2005 at 11:04 AM. Reason: The List Keeps Changing!
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:30 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 340/332/200

Height: 5 foot 7

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

I have decide that insted of HUGE MOM it will now stand for HUG E mom
(huggy) you are right 2 cute. i must be positive.
I would also like to join the 2x2 challange. how do i join?
hugemomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 11:40 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! I peeked in this morning and there were so many posts I figured I had better post now or I'd be way behind again. YIKES! Moving fast!!!

All I've done since the last time I wrote was SLEEP!!! You know, actually forcing myself to go to bed is the hardest part of this re-programing now. Once I get there, I fall right to sleep. Soooo, any of you that are trying to change your sleep habits, I really recommend doing it. It has only taken me a little less than a week to fall asleep when I hit the pillow and be in bed before midnight! It's a good thing!

Hmmmm, speaking of (well quoting) Martha.....anyone know when she's getting sprung? I thought it was here shortly. Then onto house arrest. Yeah, right. In her big house? How much punishment is that? It's Springtime. She needs to be out in her yard gardening anyway. Big DEAL!!!

Synn: I love chicken soup! But I'm a Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup lover from wwwwaaaayyyy back! Sorry, not much of the gourmet here.

SueMarie: The only advice I would have for you on the Bo-flex (or any other exercise equipment) is see if you can 1. Try it out first before buying and 2. See if you can find one cheap at a garage sale. I thought I was doing so well and spent over $400 on a pilates machine from QVC last August. I've been on it a half dozen times. The darn commercials make all of those machines look soooo easy. Then you get them in your living room and you can't make them work. It's like I would have to work out at something else before you're able to make the stupid machine work. Those people they have in the commercials advertising them already have strong, lean bodies. It's easy for them to make whatever apparatice they're advertising LOOK easy. Just my personal opinion.

Iwillbe: I'm glad the nurse was easy on you. Now just hope the results are GREAT!!!

Jill: That was a great post about your fears. It's funny how it all worked out for you and how much time was wasted on fear. That's probably what I waste alot of time on as well, just never thought of it like that before. Thanks.

Terri: I'm still working on that scale getting off the last pound of what I gained. I guess the WOW chips I had last night held onto some water so I didn't break even officially this morning.

Barbg: I'm glad you're back with us and ready to roll. I've missed you! [[[hugs]]] I hope that this is a sign that business is getting back together and life is moving on.

2cute: "by the time I finished your post I forgot what you said at the beginning." See, that's what happens when I don't post for a day or two. I have to go back at least 3 threads and then I write a novel. Thanks for the motivation to get rid of my clutter. I've just been wallowing in it like a little piggy. I just seem so busy with other stuff that picking up the clutter never seems to happen. But Easter is coming and with it my ILs will be coming for dinner so I suppose I'll have to get stuff picked up by the end of the month at least. When the kids were seniors in high school, Honey and I volunteered to be the head-chaircouple for the All Night Party. Honey loved it because we had committee chairpeople meetings at the house once a month so he knew that the house would never get so bad off because we were expecting company. Maybe that's what I need to do....have company once a month. Do you think it would help?

BarbPA: It sounds like you started your day/week off on the right foot. Good for you! It's time to get working again. Me too.

J-ann: Congrats on making the challenge! Skin of your teeth or not, you DID IT!!!!

Scooter: WOW! 4.25 is Wonderful! You go girl!

Lilion: We particularly enjoyed the extra seat going to Vegas because the plane was packed. We debated on whether we should take our chances that no one would be in the third seat, but boy are we glad that we booked the extra one. * I loved the legroom in the back of the Equinox. I did test drive the Saturn Vue and that was easy to get in and out of as well. I agree that the back seats weren't that comfortable, kinda hard, but I figured I wouldn't be sitting in the back of MY car very often! I found that the console did make the driver's compartment a little cramped for my wide hips. In the Vue, the console is down lower than the top of the seats so if you have some lapover like I do it fits. Then the seats have their own armrests instead of you relying on the console for that. I still have another year on my van so I won't be getting a new car anytime soon.

Hilta: Hope you don't get snowed under. We're having a grey day here, but I didn't watch the weather so I have no idea what they're predicting....not that they right most of the time anyway.

Angela: Good job hitting the challenge! * Starting from here is just fine. I sure know the feeling! It gets overwhelming sometimes.

Hug e momof5: Good for you changing to the positive. I'm sure that will make your outlook brighter. I'll add you to the bottom of the 2x2 list, but the way you would do it for next time is to copy/paste the list from the post before you and then just add your name to the bottom.

Well, girls, I think I am caught up again. *sigh* I'm glad there's so much activity here. It really is motivating to see so many new people joining us with new ideas and a fresh perspective. Not that some of us old folks (ok, speaking for myself now) aren't motivating or inspirational (gee, did I stick my foot in it? Hope not! ) but it's fun to get to know some new folks along the way. I'm just glad all of us oldies are still here keeping the area alive. Suzanne putting 300+ out there on the main menu board has sure brought us an influx of new gals.

Ok, gotta go throw some color on this greying mop I call hair. You all have a GREAT day. Love ya bunches.

Roll Call for 2x2 ending 3/14/05: Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Iwillbe
Angela
Jill (jillybean720)
Lilion
Hug E momof5
Thinthinker
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #23  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Only 3 bites of cake but...

Let me begin by saying that last night was my birthday party (birthay is on Wednesday). I saved points all week so I could let loose a little and have some fun. I had 3 bites of a verrrry rich bday cake and put it down. Enough of that. However, being that the party was at the Irish bar where BF and I are regulars on Sunday night (karaoke!)...things got a little drunk...I used to go out and have 2 or 3 bers and it was fine. I stopped coutning drinks at a certain point (fortunately I was drinking the same thing the whole night) and I decided that when I couldn't feel my teeth anymore...enough was enough. The party was great though...lots of people came, eve BF's parents who TOTALLY surprised me with a crock pot! I guess I had mentioned that I wanted one..it was soooo sweet of them!!!

In any case, you all have left me with a lot of reading for this morning and my poor eyes still aren't totally focusing...so I'm making do. At least I stayd OP for dinner

We missed the Oscars for the most part. I was at a mtg till 6pm (they started here at 5pm) and while we were at dinner, the show was on but we couldn't hear it...so we missed the speeches. I'm sure they were wonderful.

YAWN....haven't had a hangover in a long while..clearly I wasn't missing much.

Thanks to ALL who tried to help me with the ostrich dilemma. I do know that it was leaner than a regular hamburger and I am pretty sure it was leaner than a turkey burger as well. I just didn't feel like a veggie burger and needed some meat of some sort. I had an epiphany about eating meat the other night...I hope we don't have any easily offended vegetarians here...but I was in the line for the carving station at this engagement party and we were all discussing meat being a good thing and I decided that if God had not wanted us to eat meat then only one of each animal would have ben required on the Ark. Was I drunk then too?

So...it's back to being OP today. I'm not going to blow my entire week by backsliding until weigh in on Wednesday. Quite frankly though, I really don't want food right now...I don't know what will stay down....ooooy.

I'm going to milk this birthday thing for as many days as I can. I finally got over the birthday angst thing a few years ago. My 30th bday was HORRIBLE...but I met BF right after that (a little belated birthday present to myself) and now we're getting ready to celebrate 2 years at the end of March. My 30's are shaping up very nicely and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

So after my burnt dinner fiasco, I decided to treat myself to new pans and stuff for the kitchen yesterday with my tax refund (yay for e-filing). So Tonight I'm going to clean out my cabinets and start over again. I actually was able to get all of the gunk out of the pan after soaking it overnight. I had sprayed it with Pam, so that probably helped. I'll try the Cola Chicken again and pre-mix the sauce next time.

So...I'm in for the 2x2 as well and am looking forward to March...meanwhile I'll enjoy what's left of February today and go from there.

Happy Monday...and keep typing. If you're typing with both hands, then you have no hands left to eat with!

MWAH!!!! The almost-birthday girl
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #24  

On the subject of BowFlex...don't you love their ad: "Get the body you want in 60 days." Yeah...right!

Another thing that bothers me is "results not typical". Went to the WW site and they list success stories in weight increments. 0-25, 25-50, 50-75, 75-100 etc. And every one has an *results not typical. Makes me wonder if GAINING is typical, since apparently losing from ZERO to anything isn't!

Okay, no more ranting about stupid stuff...

There is CHEESECAKE outside my office door! I'm keeping my door closed and trying not to think about it!

Today is Motivational Monday...right? Today my motivation is my pantyhose...which keep falling/rolling down because manufacturers of hose don't believe that anyone 6' tall could possibly be 300+ lbs and anyone 300+ lbs must have short legs or never wear hose...so to get them big enough, you have to buy them too short! Not a great motivator, but one that really keeps reminding you!

Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:56 PM   #25  

Okay, hug e, I think we should call you "Huggy."

Thanks for the reassurance, Thin... boy I'd love to keep up with everyone, but it's way tough. I'm sure that water pound will be gone by next week.

Julee--Good job on the b-day party. It's challenging, isn't it... I had like 4 celebrations with different groups of friends.... some I was a perfect model of restraint, some I wasn't.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:57 PM   #26  

Lilion--We were posting at the same time. You are MUCH more important than that cheesecake. Ignore it, girl! It doesn't deserve you!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

Just checking in one more time before I go watch my soaps!Roll Call for 2x2 ending 3/14/05: Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer(Scooter)
Scherry(Hilta)
Iwillbe
Angela
Jill (jillybean720)
Lilion
Hug E momof5
Thinthinker

JuleeCeeS

Just adding JuleeCeeS

P. S. Hug E Mom 5 Love the change in your positive name.
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:09 PM   #28  
Inchworm

Default 2x2 check in

No loss for me.
We get our new little dog tomorrow, she loves to take long walks they say, I have been looking forward to that! so wouldn't you know, it is raining today for the first time in ages.

WELCOME NEWBIES !!
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 02:56 PM   #29  
Determined

hey everyone! Just dropping in to say hello and check in on everyone Seems that all is well and i'm glad!

I've been in a schlump lately, but yesterday I decided to get back in gear and accomplish my daily goals (64+oz of water and 20+ minutes of exercise) I did both, and I'm aiming to do the same today I gained back my two pounds I lost (I think.. still only can weigh randomly because sneaking on roomie's scale when he's not home)... but I'm not giving up!

I made a plan with my mother (and possibly brother) to lose weight and make a goal of feeling comfortable enough and small enough to hopefully ride rollercoasters again! So in either September or January we'll be heading for a weekend at Disney World or somewhere similar. I can't wait.. I really want to have fun again and not have it ruined cause I don't fit!

I'm always busy with course work which I'm about head back into doing. Hopefully on Spring break or something I can finally catch with all you lovelies and post some more

Take care! Welcome to all the new members as well!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #30  
Leanne

Count me in as well

Terri
Barbg
BarbPA
Judy
Jennifer (Scooter)
Scherry (Hilta)
Iwillbe