Old 02-25-2005, 10:49 AM   #16  
Inchworm

Default Ready for a change

I'm just not making it on curves Hi protien/lo carb routine!
I'm going just the opposite, back to what my diabetes dietician prescribed last year. I lost weight on it, don't remember why I stopped. I guess that was about when we packed up and moved up here. (messed up my routine)
We've also been having great weather in Idaho! I think it must be the only place in the country that is! anyhow I will start walking, I know that works for me...if my knees still work well enough!

Terri, How is Ginger liking those new boots? Hope she feels lots better.

Jill, What a day! my dgd is stationed in VA, I hope she is not having the same frozen door probs...I doubt that she would be as calm about it all as you. (I feel doubly lucky to have a garage!) I've only had one day when I was rushing off to curves, supposed to pick up a neighbor, and had to take dh's truck that was parked out side. I found it all iced over, was not a happy camper!!! almost in tears.

ageoldie, that has got to be one of my favorite commercials, but I couldn't have told you who's it was. (cat and knife)
I miss my Bunco group since we moved up here, my ex- s-i-l talked once about starting one , I guess i will have to get on her about that. She has lived here forever and knows more people.

cherishell, I see you love crafts. I find that when I am out in my craft room involved in a project, I can't be eating, a very good thing for me.
Welcome to you and the other newbies that I have missed.

Now I need to get to some of that house cleaning like the rest of you talked about! I'm cleaning house for a dog!! LOL We have applied to adopt a rescue dog, and have to pass a home visit tomorrow! It is just like when we adopted our daughter! (well almost) except this time we are in a doggie pool, I think others have applied for the same dog.
Well, also we are having the main course for a progressive dinner here on Sunday.
gmalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:19 AM   #17  

Good Morning and Happy Friday! I'm so happy to see the end of the week, even though I KNOW I need to work more and weekend less!

SueMarie, I'm so sorry to hear your wedding plans are postponed. But it sounds like you two will still be happily together until your education is finished. Free education is certainly worth waiting for, take it from a woman who will finish paying her student loans, accumulated from 1985 thru 1988, two years AFTER her 9-year-old son graduates - from College! And now my DH is going to school nights, so we'll have his student loans too! Still, I'm sure you're really dissapointed. They aren't real fair with those grants sometimes.

Synn, Terri, wow, you ladies had rough days. Hope today is better for you all around. Terri, take care of that lower back. I really hope it wasn't badly injured. That can be a real pain (pardon the pun.)

Jilly, I got cold just reading your post! Makes me real glad we've had such a mild winter here! But I just know we're going to pay for it later. Then again, your day has to go up from here. Reminds me of a saying I read once that said: "Eat a live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day."

I can't possibly reply to everyone's post individually. I'm just not that good with names! But I hope you all have a good Friday! It's so nice to read these posts and see how other women are doing with weight loss goals and life in general, who I have something in common with.

I actually exercised yesterday! Well, okay, I walked my dog. And she's a little, fat dog who doesn't walk very fast. And we only went 2/3 of a mile. And we stopped twice for her to tinkle. And I was panting harder than her at the end of the walk. But Darn It - that counts! Seriously, I've made dog-walking my son's chore for over a year now, so it's more walking than I've done in a while...and 1/2 of it is uphill...making the other 1/2 soooo much nicer. So, I'm considering it a start. Hopefully I'll be up to the full mile soon and then more!

Had the yummiest dinner last night. Hubby cooked and he's a big fan on one-pot meals, so you never know what you'll get with him, but he mixed up a package of Lipton rice and sauce stuff in Chipolte flavor with 1/2 lb of very lean ground beef. I decided it needed a kick and put in some salsa. 9 points and really good!

I also brought these delicious double chocolate chip cookies to the office today...I had refrigerated batter from a couple of weeks ago that was going to have to be tossed if it wasn't used. DH offered to bake them while I watched ER so I wouldn't be tempted...isn't he sweet. So the office loves me today and I won't be tempted to eat them at home. Win-win!

Cherishell, nice to meet yet another newbie like me! Buying the new food is always a challenge, to the diet and to the wallet. DH and I bought a TON of food last weekend. It's funny, we never had food in the house until we both went on a diet. Now I can't find any room in the fridge! We took the WW point finder with us and calculated everything we bought. Made sure to buy some "quick" stuff, like soups and lunch meat and ready-made meals so we wouldn't be as tempted to order out. Good luck and hope your cold gets better.

I'm at work and trying to post this between phone calls so I hope it makes sense where it winds up in the forum. I actually wish I was home today. DH works 4 - 10 hour days and is home Friday. And boy does my house need cleaned. I honestly can't remember the last time I dusted, maybe I should start putting dates in it and that way I'd know!

I best get back to work.

Later,
Lilion

Last edited by Lilion; 02-25-2005 at 11:28 AM.
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 11:45 AM   #18  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilion
Jilly, I got cold just reading your post! Makes me real glad we've had such a mild winter here! But I just know we're going to pay for it later. Then again, your day has to go up from here. Reminds me of a saying I read once that said: "Eat a live toad first thing in the morning and nothing worse can happen to you the rest of the day."
Lilion, that is TOO funny. I JUST read a book called "Eat That Frog!" last week for work, and it was all about that exact quote--about how you should prioritize to do your biggest, most difficult projects first (hence, eat the big, ugly frog first thing and everything else seems so much better in comparison!). It certainly has been the worst thing to happen to me so far today--then again, it's not even noon yet!

Last edited by jillybean720; 02-25-2005 at 11:45 AM. Reason: *gasp* forgot to make my text purple!
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:47 PM   #19  

Geez, busy busy.... no time to read and catch up for replies. Welcome newcomers! Stick with us.

Been OP eating wise the last few days, and finally back on track exercise-wise.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 01:47 PM   #20  
Oooo Silly Me!

Have you ever wondered why one persons size 26 is another persons size 30 or even the reverse where one persons size 26 is another persons size 24… well anyways, I guess I should get to my point hehehe… anyways I have this shirt that I bought a while ago, and ever since I gained weight and had stayed at 378-380lbs, I have never been able to wear it, because it was a bit snug. It’s one of those shirts with and inside shirt and the outer shirt has a single button at the bust line, not sure if that makes sense… however, today I pulled it out of the closet because I figured… hey I’m down to 354lbs, that’s a good 25lbs less than what I used to be so why not try it on. So… I try it on… and well… it fits I don’t have any fear of my busts… busting the button

I thought I would just share a little happy thought today

2 Cute – I am overwhelmed to… it’s amazing how fast this thread grows! It’s amazing! And so wonderful to have all these wonderful people here to share with us.

Julee – Wow, that recipe sounds great. I’ll definitely have to try it out. Who would have thought, Pudding and Sour Cream!

Jilly – Woohoo an eventful day and it just started

Gmalil - Cleaning the house for a dog… you’re not alone! I clean the house for the cats! Hehehehe… welcome to furball city! I never realized how much hair a cat sheds…whew!

Well, I am definitely disappointed in having to yet again postpone our wedding. Even if it was a year and half off. However, James and I talked and I think there may be a way to work this out. I went through and calculated all my classes out… I think I should be able to get done by either winter session or spring session. Wooo… it’s gonna require some finessing. But definitely… it’s being put off, but maybe not for as long as I was expecting… we shall see. All is well tho… I was feeling down about it all… it was a heat of the moment type of rambling… sometimes it helps to just ramble needed to get some frustrations out… hehehe… thanks for listening everyone…

Off to work now… take care everyone!
Sue..
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 03:32 PM   #21  
Dancing those pounds away

Well.... I am taking a 5 minute break. I am feeling better today... not well by any means... but better. I think that new product called "Airborne" really helped shorten my days of being really sick. Will have to see what tomorrow holds.

But .. for today... I feel better and I am being productive. Washed 2 loads of clothes, and waiting for the last load to dry so I can fold and "PUT AWAY !!!" Putting the clothes back in their spaces is usually my downfall. Can't tell you how many times I have to go to the utility room to get clean clothes. In fact... I have put the clothes away all MONTH !!!

So good to see so many posting again. I hate those days we are slow... even though it is next to impossible to keep up. LOL And I really happy to see so many being successful in their efforts.
Remember ladies... Success is PROGRESS not perfection.

Okay... back to work for me. See you all later.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-25-2005 at 03:34 PM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:25 PM   #22  

Default It's Me Again,recipecrazy Hello to All

thinthinker,Thanks for your encouragement,I am going to check out those exercise tapes

I Willbe,we have a lot in common,I have RA and fibromyalgia also,it really hurts to exercise but I have never thought about sit down exercise before.I am going to have to try some.Thanks.

determined to succeed, I sure do have some recipes to share and I will get them all together soon and post them,after all I am recipecrazy

2cute2Bfat, The exercise in deep water sounds good.I am just getting all kind of ideas.Thanks

This is to all of you, I am so glad that I found this 3FC site.All of you are very nice and I want to say,THANKS TO ALL for the encouragement.
recipecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 04:43 PM   #23  

Default It's Me Again, recipecrazy saying Hello to everyone

I just want to Thank All Of YOU for your encouragement and exercise ideas.I do not type fast enough yet,to do a long post but I will get better at it.

determined to succeed, I sure do have some recipes to share and I will get them all together soon and try to post them, after all I am recipecrazy!! HA! HA!

Well, looks like I done it again!!!! I posted 2 times.I did not think the first post took. Sorry about that. I will get it right one day.HA!HA!

Last edited by recipecrazy; 02-25-2005 at 04:48 PM.
recipecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:04 PM   #24  
61.25 POUNDS GONE!!!!

S/C/G: 329/266.75/190

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon!

I am doing pretty good on my eating. Except I had Vegetable Pizza for lunch (My boss buys the employees pizza on Friday's for lunch.) But I restrained I only had 2 pieces and a sliver of another. I used to eat 4 or 5 slices. Go me Go me. I have been drinking water like a fish. And Coffee since I gave up all sodas I seem to have traded that addiction for Coffee. But I read somewhere that Coffee is good for you liver.

Now if I could only quit smoking . But jeez one thing at a time. As I get more in a routine with my exercise and food. Then I shall attempt to quit smoking. But since I have been exercising I haven't been smoking quite so much.

Exercising is my stress release that and Sex and the City. But when I get mad or frustrated I go exercise. And when I am done what I was mad doesn't really matter anymore.

I cannot believe all the people posting today! I could hardly keep up. I don't think I did anything very productive today at work. But I am glad to see so many people interested.

Terri: I am glad Ginger got her shoes I hope her feet are doing better. Hope you do okay with the company.

2cute2BFat: I hope you get to feeling better! I hate Laundry!!!!

SueMarie: I hate having those hard decisions. But not having student loans on your back will make a much happier marriage.

Angela: WTG on the OP and exercise! Keep moving!

Lilion & JillyBean: If you two start eating live frogs you will definitely be at goal in NO time! Just don't complain when you get warts!!

Cherishell: If you need in help figuring anything out just let us know! Welcome.

Julee: So I am a little behind. What kind of show are you in? And I can't weight to try the Cheesecake idea YUM!

Barb G: Can you do my taxes? LMAO

OH GREAT GOOGLEY MOOGLEY I AM LATE!!!!

Have a good night and weekend. I will try to stop in later!
Scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 05:36 PM   #25  
I ate it

S/C/G: 312/cw/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Fun Friday

Well..for the first Friday in a while I am actually not at work (Fridays are my days off) and goodness do I need it. So I made trips to 2 grocery stores, came home and did all the dishes and whipped up some hopefully tasty fish marinade (fat free...whee) for dinner tonight with BF.

Am I the only one who wishes that I could get all of my groceries at one store? What a pain...

Ok...to clarify about the play...I am the Director of Youth Activities at a synagogue here in LA. Each year my high school youth group kids do a full scale musical (real props and sets, live band, real costumes...nothing painted by parents..byt this is LA) in the spring. I am the Executive producer...part of my job. Iam in charge of general admission ticket sales, advertising graphic design, publicity, tshirts and personnel...as well as dealing witht he kids and their stuff. I do have a teeeeny cameo this year, but after working on the show for 3 years I deserved it. So although I am not actuall ON stage, the pressure is there as are the nerves.

Yummy Dessert recipe one more time:
16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream
1 pkg any flavor FF/SF jello pudding mix
(so far I have seen vainlla, white chocolate, chocolate, choc. fudge, pistachio, lemon and butterscotch)
Mix in a large bowl...makes 4 servings.

I have also seen this with FF plain yogurt as well...I suppose you could use either. The puding will make it very dense and somewhere between a thick mousse and a cheesecake and tasted like cheesecake. I had the chocolate fudge plain...but some other ideas are:
Vanilla pudding, topped with fresh fruit
Vanilla pudding layered with fruit and FF cool whip
Choc. fudge pudding with raspberries
or anything else you fancy!!! Enjoy!!

Tonight's fish marinade is as follows:
1 cup FF plain yogurt
1/4 cup fresh dill minced finely
1 clove garlic minced finely
2 Tbsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp light soy sauce
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
Mix together in a bowl, spread on top of any firm fish. I kept the extra to brush on later as I cook it on the George Foreman (yay George). The cookbook said to use immediately. I think that with the lemon juice and the yogurt it might separate. I'll let you know how it is.

Looking forward to a night with the BF...tomorrow is insane...synagogue in the morning, baby shower in the afternoon, engagement party at night. Sunday isn't much better, 11am meeting, 3 pm quick meeting, 4:30 meeting, then dinner with BF and my birthday party!! Actual bday is Wednesday.

Anyhoo...hope everyone had a great day despite the frozen doors, icky colds, long work hours, etc. etc.

Happy Friday!
JuleeCeeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 02:36 AM   #26  
Oooo Silly Me!

hey ladies... I have a question...

I wanna buy a digital scale that has a body fat thingy on it. Any of you ladies have a scalethat is like that? Probably best to have at lesat 375lb capacity. I found a lot of 330lb capacity ones, but unfortuntely I not at the weight just yet...I have a scale but it's a dial. SO I was debating between getting another scale or maybe just buying one of those body fat analyzer thingies. I saw one at Walmart for like 40 bucks... actually I may go that route.... unless I can find a decent priced scale that is both digital and body fat analyzer..

Any ideas please let me know

Thanks...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 08:23 AM   #27  
I'm on my way!

I know I know...I haven't been posting much but this has been a brutal week at work. Then yesterday since John had off and I get off work at 12 on friday's we went to lunch with one of my co-workers and then John and I went downtown to the Home and Garden show while Andrew was at daycare. Then we stopped and bought a big azz grill because we sold ours when we moved and with the pool coming I KNOW we will be having alot of company on a regular basis....so...

With that said I really really need to get my house in order and then I will be back to TRY and catch up with you all! Promise!!

Just want to get a big welcome to all the newbies!

Synn...from Rhode Island eh??? Me too!! Originally that is! I was born and raised there for 38 years until I moved to Philadelphia 6 years ago and more recently to the Raleigh area of North Carolina. Where in RI are you? I lived mostly in North Kingstown, the Coventry and I owned a house in Warwick by the beach!

Gotta run...TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Hip Hip Hooray !!!
Hip Hip Hooray !!!
My 7lbs lost, is still gone today !!!

Okay, I am claiming my lost.
I wanted to wait until I knew for sure it wasn't coming back. LOL
It has been gone for several days now. LOL
Terri.. this not my weigh in for 2x2. I am hoping for more.

This ties me with my lowest weight since finding 3FC and LC.
That was my birthday goal... didn't make it by my birthday... but did make it in Feb.
This brings me to a total of 42 lbs lost !! (again)

The next pound I lose will be VIRGIN FAT.
I can guarantee you ... I won't be cheating today.
The next pound will be a BIG VICTORY for me. Lowest weight in 5 or 10 years.

One tip I want to share is ATTITUDE.
I was doubting my ability to ever lose that weight I gained.
The more I doubted it... the longer I stayed there.
It was not until I made a "decision" that I WILL NOT GIVE UP and I WILL STICK TO THE BASICS that it finally happened.

I have said it before many times.
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING !!!
I had the knowledge, but the knowledge how to lose weight didn't get the job done.
It took the proper attitude.
It took commitment to keep trucking.
It took dedication to follow instructions.

Now... if I could only find that committment and dedication for...
....EXERCISE !!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 02-26-2005 at 10:12 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 12:46 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

GOOD AFTERNOON LADIES!!!!!!I guess
yesterday I just took a day out of life! I got out of bed and looked out
the window and it was a blizzard. So I just crawled back into the sack.
I was reading my book when the phone rang and they had canceled
my TOPS meeting. We have quite a few older ladies (I'm 63) and they
decided to better be safe than sorry on the roads. So I got weighed
on my scales and I've lost 2 pounds. So I guess I made this 2x2 challenge,
with a total of 3.5 pounds off. Anyway I stayed in or around the bed
reading (finished one book and started another)and listening to the tellie
ALL DAY I did't exercise-
drink my water (Ithink a drank 32 oz and coffee) or even
get on the I guess it does a body good to stop the
world every once and awhile!!!!!! Anyway I'm back on track today
and did 30 minutes on the and am 1/2 way thru my water.

2cute--congrats on your loss. It does make one feel absolutely
wonderful

I'm glad to see all the new people posting--I really enjoy reading
their posts. Lilion-JulleeSees-recipiecrazy-jillybean-cherishell --WELCOME

terri--count me in with 3.5 pounds off for the challenge. since my
weigh in is friday I'll stick with that weight.

suemarie-too bad we couldn't be in Dr. Phil's audience he gave them( the scales) away Oh well right place at the right time

juleeCeeS-That recipe sounds good I'll have to try it.

michelleK--keep posting glad to hear from you again

scooter-You sound like your staying OP. good for you as far as
smoking one thing at a time. Stress factor- to bad habits (food and
Cigs) conquer one at a time.

recipecrazy--I know the feeling knees and feet! take everthing slow
and easy. The tellie has some slow exercise programs also. It
might be worth while to check out your stations.

Angela--glad to hear your back on track--keep up the good work!

gmalil--Don't you wish you could be like the tin man in Wizard of Oz
with the oil can! My knee should could use it. Hey! how about
sending some of that weather here

ageoldie/barbg---Love that bunco I think I told you I used to belong
to a club some years back. Have a good time.

Well I'm out of here. Hope I didn't miss anyone. Check with all
later!!
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 01:11 PM   #30  

Smile

Good Morning Ladies! It's still morning here! At least for another 10 minutes.

Well, for all my good intentions, I didn't walk last night. DH called at 3:30 and said DS had unexpectedly been invited to spend the night with a friend, so we had a childless night. Don't get me wrong, I love the little guy...but a night of adult pleasures is very welcome. So I hurried home and we scarfed a couple of sandwiches...maybe 9 pts total... and went to see Cursed at the theater. I was quite proud of us for skipping popcorn...that was the purpose of of eating before we left. Then after the movie we went to the store and bought MORE FOOD! I swear I don't know HOW we could fit any more in the fridge at this point. We got home late but were needing a snack, so I had 1 serving of chips with salsa and some grapes. 4 pts. Total for the day was 29 pts.

Maybe the dog will get walked today.

Scooter - How many points do you think are in a toad???

Sue - Wish I could help with the scale search, but you've probably heard my scale story...I'm still running to the Dr. to weigh. Frankly, I wouldn't want one with a body fat analysys at this point. I just want to know the weight, not what % of my body is made up of fat...

2cute - Go after that virgin fat!

Everyone else - Greetings again and have a great weekend!

Okay, NOW it's afternoon!!!
Lilion
Lilion is offline   Reply With Quote