Old 02-05-2005, 01:06 PM   #16  

WOW thanks...nice font!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Marcie great job!! Isn't that motivation in itself!! I know it keeps me going each week!!

Well ladies....I went to two grocery stores today and to the gamestop to return a mario game I bought for Andrew that didn't work. We just exchanged it! I put the groceries away...well most of them...ate lunch, lurked on the thread here and now I want to take a nap before I start tackling the housework!

Have a great OP day today!
Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 326/279/180

Height: 5'8

Just popped in to catch up, I have been reading the threads but not feeling up to posting, I have Lupus and some other health issues that have decided now is the time to act up. Have been OP pretty much all week, read two chapters in South Beach book did WATP 3 days this week, drank all my water and more.

BarbPA- I'm really sorry about your Mother, I've been there. ((HUGS))

Terri- I'm still around, just moving slower for a few days.

Thin- are you doing ok?

Sue- glad to hear your student is doing better. I have worked with challenged kids before, very easy to get attached.

All the new chicks- welcome, you can't imagine how great these people are here!
You will love them.

Everyone- have a Blessed Day
GizmoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 03:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 306/261/160

Height: 5ft. 5.5 in

WOW jibbelle that's great! Congrats

Terri- Hope this next week is better for you. Keeping you in my
thoughts

Dimples- I Fav. the calorie site I'm going to check it out thanks

gmalil- caffine also does that too me not too often but every once in
a while
sue marie- glad your student is doing O.K. Also congrats on your newspaper appearance

Ocean girl- That list also gives me some food for thought, thanks

hippygoddess- Gee my downfall is salty food, all kinds. Chocolate I
can leave alone but bring on the salty. Typical Thyroid

2cute-Esmarude-dommie-craftymom-j-ann-thin-barb's -and to all I have missed stay on plan ---another week is on its way.

YEA I GOT MY BONUS PLANE AUSTRALIA HERE I COME SORRY COULDN'T FIND A PLANE
hilta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #20  

I like the dragonfly Hilta!!!
Old 02-05-2005, 04:35 PM   #21  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies…

Dimple – Thank you. It’s definitely hard. I know what she’s going through because when I was 14-16 years of age I attempted suicide myself. I hope as well that whatever step they take next, this young girl will be able to get proper help.

Gmalil – I was able to gain a relationship with her and her mother because last year I had her brother as a student. He was a pretty amazing kid. However, to make a long story short, I met her through a Parent Teacher meeting that included myself, Science teacher and the principal. I did some private tutoring for the family. I also think she called, because I was the one who called security.

Heheheh I love that congratulations – Super size it please!

Jibbelle – Congrats

Gizmo – yes, it’s very easy to get attached… which is why it was so hard to hear about what had happened

Okie ladies – I’m confused. I weighed in the other day at 360lbs, however this morning, I weighed in at 357lbs (which means I’m down another 1lb from my original 358lbs) I confused. Maybe because I was just getting over Aunt Flo and Uncle Tom, I was just having…. Left over bloating?? I dunno I still confused but I’m happy with it. Unless it was a fluke. We’ll see what happens when I weigh in tommorrow.

Nothing new today other than the strange weigh in. Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Take care everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #22  
It's gotta be the glasses

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone!

Since I'm still kinda new here, I'm just gonna lay low for a while and try to take everything in until I get to know everyone a little better. In the meantime. . .

Jibbelle- Way to go, that is so awesome! I'm rooting for ya!

I hope everyone else is doing well, too!

I plan on trying out a new exercise DVD today. Well, ok, so it's not new. . . I bought it about a week ago and I'm finally in the right mindset. I did a lot of extra working out yesterday at my job playing with the kids in addition to my usual little routine at the Y.

I went grocery shopping yesterday and got some healthy goodies. I made a Thai peanut chicken stir fry for lunch. It actually turned out good; I was a little afraid because I just threw a bunch of stuff together without looking at any recipes. As I've mentioned before, I hate measuring and counting calories and what-not, and I like to experiment in the kitchen anyway.

I won't be weighing myself again until go back to work on Monday morning. I think I've been doing good, though.
esmaraude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:00 PM   #23  
Hang In There

Just checking in. I'm holding my own, but today I got really sick at work, and was supposed to go to a funeral after work at 4:00 (we work until about 2 on Saturdays) Ole Alvin went anyway, and my mom rode with him. When he got home he told me that I really disappointed my mom by not being able to go. There is a WONDERFUL all-you-can-eat seafood resturant only a few blocks form the cementery where the funeral was held, and sees like Mom had great plans on how we could stop by there and eat on the way home. Instead oleAlvin took her home, and called me to say he was going to a Barbeque place and would get me a baked potato for my supper. Well, he got home and the didn't put the potato in the sack. So I had just a few bites of dry beef for supper.

Just a word about Plateaus I read many years ago that when you hit a plateau it is usually when you get to a weight that was a high or normal weight at one time in your life. In other words you body 'remembers' being that weight and thinks that is where it is supposed to be, so it take some extra nudging to get it going back down. Don't know if that is really true, but it makes sense to me.

Well, I still feel bad, so I'll end now and go back to bed.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:25 PM   #24  
Determined

Hey everyone I've been away from home since Wednesday so I'm very behind Being away from home also made me fall behind on my working out and eating like crazy. I think i gained back some of my weight

But I'm determined to start anew! I'm feeling kinda sick and crampy and icky, so I'm not gonna catch up tonight - I will tomorrow. I'm gonna shower then workout soon and try to pump myself full of whatever water I can manage

I hope all of you are doing well *big big big hugs*, welcome to all the new members as well, and my thoughts and heart goes out to those of you who are having hard times right now.

Don't ever be afraid to change, and don't ever think its too late to change.. life and the world is constantly changing around us - so why wouldn't we be able to change? It's just about strength, courage, and determination.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #25  

Hi gang, this is a quickie. Another 4-car day for moi. Yippee! And my scale is looking good, but I only report on WI days...

Congrats, Marcie, on your loss!

Terri, so, so sorry you had such a bad one yesterday. I had a scare with uterine cancer last year, so I know how traumatic even just the scare can be. Hang in there! Glad today was better!

I'll try to get back in tomorrow... right now I'm off to live music downtown, my favorite thing... I'll be drinking tea in the coffee shop (unsweet) and club soda in the bar! I swear!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:26 AM   #26  
Leanne

Have to be quick because I have 1001 things to do in the rest of today - so much for Sunday being a day of rest!

I am so excited though. I finally bit the bullet and cleaned out my cupboard of all of my too-big clothes, to send to a charity here. I cleaned out my drawers too. The girls said "oh no mum you will have nothing left to wear" and I thought to myself "well what a motivation to lose even more so I can be a size to buy clothes comfortably!" I do have enough to be going on with!
Anyway I was cleaning out my drawers and came across a lacy, satin nightie that I was making myself at the beginning of last year. I spent a lot of time on it, and was excited about having something that made me feel sexy, nearly finished it and tried it on ... and it wouldn't even go over my hips. I was so disappointed and disgusted with myself I folded it up in a drawer and told myself I would alter it later when I could stand to look at it again. Well with honours last year I was much too busy and completely forgot about it ... until today. When I pulled it out, I thought "hmmm what if ... " so I tried it on. Well ... it was LOOSE!!!! I even took it off and checked there wasn't an extra panel in it ... just in case I altered it already and forgot that I did! But no, there wasn't. It just hit me like a ton of bricks that I have really lost the weight I've lost so far, and changed my lifestyle and THIS IS IT!! No turning back for this fat chick I sat on the bed and cried - but they were good tears.
I put the nightie in pride of place and will wear it when I want a pick-me-up
Oh ... and I decided to make skirts out of two of my too-big dresses, so I grabbed some scissors and cut the tops off them, so I wouldn't be tempted to wear them again! I have only kept one, packed away in a plastic bag with tape on it - to pull out when I am at my goal, and compare where I came from to where I will be then.
Feeling so good
Leanne
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:53 AM   #27  
Dancing those pounds away

Smile Thank You !!!

Hi everyone.
I am one of the oldtimers here... but I just ADORE all of you newcomers.
You add such zest and enthusiasm.
I just smile and soak up your knowledge and willingness.

Leanne... I was right there crying with you. Tears of JOY !!!!

CD ... I loved your quote....
Quote:
Don't ever be afraid to change, and don't ever think its too late to change.. life and the world is constantly changing around us - so why wouldn't we be able to change? It's just about strength, courage, and determination.
Those were such awesome words.

Angela... You and others getting 4 cars daily may need more cars before the end of the month. I will GLADLY mail you some more if ... no, WHEN you run out. In the past no one used all I sent... but we also only did 3 weeks before.

Barbg.. hope you get feeling better soon.

Esmaraude... we can't get to know you better if you "lay low".
I hope you decide to keep posting regularly.

I know I owe more replies... but not tonight.
It is almost 1am and I need to get to bed.
I wasn't going to post at all tonight ... but ALL of you inspired me sooo much... I just wanted to say THANK YOU !!!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 02:39 AM   #28  
Leanne

2Cute you are one of the people here who has inspired me so much since I joined last November ... and your challenge is AWESOME! I'm hoping I need more cars by the end of the month! {{{{hugs}}}}
hippygoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:21 AM   #29  
I'm on my way!

2Cute I was thinking the same thing about running out of cars! I already made it to Maine to pick up sandy and I'm just starting the descend back down to pick up the rest of the gals in NY and PA!

Leanne....big congrats to you! Thats a Non-scale Victory! When I lost all my weight before I had Andrew I NEVER saw it. Yes, I was buying smaller clothes but in the mirror I was still the FAT me! Lets face it! After losing 97 lbs I know it HAD to be showing...people didn't recognize me...but I NEVER saw it! So its those little realizations that make the struggle to lose all the more powerful and motivational! I am on my way to joining you in making those NSV's!!

Angela it sounds like you were off to a good time last night! Did you enjoy yourself...and your club soda????

CD...you have the right attitude, just jump back on the plan and exercise and keep going. Don't look back! I can't tell you how many times I looked back and then fell flat on my face!!

Barbg...thats a good way to lose weight! Not putting the food in the bag!!

OOOOHHH! Esmaraude!! I love pad thai, can you give me the jist of your recipe...I know you threw it all together but I never made it so give me some hints...please please please! And please DON'T lay low...keep posting! ITs the ONLY way to get to know everyone! You will do great...it does get easier!

SueMarie...you are so darn CUTE!! I love reading your posts! As for the weight fluctuations...it happens all the time. Thats why they say you should only weigh in once a week! I make my weigh in day on Friday morning. I work in a doctor's office and we have the scale there. I do friday because when I show a loss it motivates me to stay on plan or as close as I can during the weekend. During the week is easier because I work 3 long days and 2 half days!

Vera I don't think I officially welcomed you to the group! You are so right about these girls being wonderful support and encouragement! And just plain great friends!!

Marcie you are a great motivator for me! You keep going and I am following you! Maybe in the Spring when it warms up (like its really cold here or something) we can meet at the Farmer's Market or somewhere!!

Teri- LOL about the dog! Some of them think they are human huh? As for the chinese...it can be worked into your food plan...so you might not have to forfeit a car!!

Joyce I believe you can count diet soda as half your water if its caffeine free!! I drink alot of caffeine free iced tea!

Ocean Girl, I like your normal weight range list! I too can't wait to be able to go into a store and buy clothes right off the rack!

Mary great job on getting back down to 195, I can't wait to break the 200 mark! But thats a LOOOOONG way away!

OK a quick HI to Dimples, Hilta, Iwillbe, Judy and everyone else I missed! And a "YOU BETTER GET BACK AND POST" to Gail and Tina and everyone else that is missing in action!

Gotta go finish cleaning the house for our superbowl party tonight!! Plus the fact that my 4 YEAR OLD son is bugging the heck out of me to use the computer! Geesh...who woulda thunk at age 4?

TTFN Michelle
Wow it actually felt good to do all those individual posts instead of a run by posting like I usually do! Gotta love this place!!
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 07:35 AM   #30  

It is funny to me that people hold onto their fat clothes, I am the opposite and hold onto the skinny ones. I have SOOOO many sizes in my closet. I have jeans, slacks and shorts from 18-26. Of course I am s and 26s now. I also cant fit into half the shirts in my closet.

One of my goals for the summer is to be able to wear shorts. I didnt buy a single pair last year because I just wasnt comfortable with my fat legs. I wore capris ALL YEAR. I am hoping to be down to 280 or so by the time short season comes to North Carolina and maybe I can wear them comfortably. I have a HUGE stack of them from size 18-24...that of course dont quite fit.

Another goal of mine is the airplaine one. When I lost a lot of weight (from 290 down to 230) in 2001 I could fit nicely in the airplane seat and when I fastened the belt I actually had to pull the strap a bit! When I was traveling early this year I had to ask for the dreaded seatbelt extender and I about passed out from embarassment! I travel a lot for work and that was a HUGE motivator for me to do something fast!!! Another motivator.....when I got into my car this winter for the first time with my bulky winter coat I could barely fasten the seatbelt!!!! UGH. How did I get so big that I cant fasten the seatbelt in my own car???

So there the journey began!!!

Michele-
That would be great! I go to the farmers market every other weekend (sat or sun) from April to October. The rest of the year they dont have much of what I want. : ) I am not into the winter greens so much. DH loves the restaurant there....not the seafood one (never been there) but the other one. He always gets a crazy huge breakfast there if he goes with me....but he doesnt go often.