Old 01-20-2005, 04:33 PM   #1  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up 300+ and Ready to Try Again... #636

WELCOME !!!

We are a group of individuals who weigh or have weighed 300+, or near there. This group was formed to provide a place for others like us to find support and hope. We are aware of the distinct problems that come with weighing over 300 lbs.

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We often use a "Topic of the Day" for discussion.

Motivational Monday
Tuesday Tips
Wednesday Wish List .. and What you are doing to obtain it.
Thankful Thursday
FUN Friday ... don't wait until you lose your weight.
Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Share your Success Sunday

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We often find them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears ... joys and celebrations.

We have several extra threads going on simutaneously such as Monthly Challenges, Weekly Weigh-ins, Recipes, Bios, and more. Please feel free to check them all out.

We have a bi-weekly 2x2 Challenge.
Our goal is to lose 2 lbs in 2 weeks.
We have a long term goal of losing 300+ lbs within our 300+ group in 2005.

We have found this thread to be more than just a support group...
we have found it to become a home. We invite you to join us.

WELCOME!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 04:52 PM   #2  

SOOOO many posts from last night and today! I dont have time to go through them all now. I have had a crazy busy day....well....week really.

I just wanted to pop in, say hi, and wish everyone a happy on plan evening!!! I am off to make a big salad with lots of fresh veggies! YUMYUM!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:02 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Well, I spent a big chunk of my exercise time tonight cleaning up a huge mud mess in the kitchen from the damn dog, arguing with DH about wanting to beat the dog, and then cleaning the dog feet. Then I walked him. Now its time for dinner.

Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:32 PM   #4  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Terri – Hi Thanks for the warm welcome I have a Pilates video that I bought, but was always afraid to use. Mainly because I thought I was too big to do any of it. I even bought a beginning yoga video… (yikes) … used it once, and I was like HOLY COW! Hehehe, kid likes it tho How long have you been using your Pilates video? I have Leslie Sansone’s Walking Away the Pounds 3 video pack, along with a Lifting Weights to lose weight video by Kathy Smith. I have a Richard Simons Sweating to the Oldies video somewhere as well, but haven’t seen it in a while. I really like the Walking Away the Pounds video (WATP). I guess I should take a look at my Pilates video as well hehehe.

Kerri – My grandmother lives in NY and every year, when I used to fly out there, she always made me go pick asparagus, eggplants and whatever fruit or veggie that was in season… I remember she once made breaded asparagus… I tried it and WHEW! I’m with you on that, never again hehehe…

Amanda – Hello… I can understand how you feel when you say your husband is a police officer and you wake up and he’s not home yet. I have a friend whose husband works at once of the jails out here in cali… he’s been stabbed twice, and she freaks when he doesn’t come home either. Yes depression sucks… and the strange thing for me is, it comes out of nowhere. I’ve been much better, haven’t had a major case of depression for a while, although last night I was a bit upset. My sister is staying with me because she and my mother had a fight and she doesn’t wanna go home *sigh* The problem is, she knows I’m trying to watch what I eat, so she said okie I’ll make some dinner tonight. I thought that was kewl. She gets mad at me when I tell her I gotta make sure I see what all you put in there and such, and she gets grumpy at me. So I just went to the bedroom and sat there thinking about things and how hard it is for people to understand that the only way I’ve been successful at loosing weight is by counting my calories and weighing things out and writing them down in a food journal. Maybe I was just being to controlling? What’s one night of just letting go? Maybe it was just I thought she would be understanding since she too is trying to lose weight. Never ending circle, but it wasn’t as bad as it usually is (my little depression spell last night). I also understand about the loss of a loved one. I lost my grandmother in 1995 to cancer. The only person in the whole world who understood me for me and accepted me for me. I gained 70lbs that year, it put me in a horrible state. I had nightmares for several years after her death. As far as stress relieving techniques… I bought my step daughter (well future step daughter) I bought her a Play Station 2 and we bought a game called Dance Dance Revolution 2 (DDR). Have you heard of it? It’s that dancing game, where you watch your character on screen and step to the same beat as them. Anyways, I found that to be pretty kewl in the stress relieving department. Also, I got a yoga tape… basic yoga for beginners. I heard yoga was good for stress relief, but man some of those moves are like WOW! Even for beginners hehe…

2cute – Thanks for the welcome and kind words on my pictures. That was my first time attempt at loosing weight. I managed to get myself down to 350lbs, however, I got sick (I think from loosing weight to fast???) and I gained about 12lbs back. But I know if I did it once, I can do it again… I’ll just do it slower

Hilta – Hello I’m an American Idol watcher as well! I’ve already seen one girl who I think has been the best out of all the ones they showed so far. I think her name was Kimberly?? She was a blonde and she said her favorite was Martina McBride. Heheheh… anyways Welcome! *big hugz*

Boy… I sure do talk a lot Today so far has been a good day. I’ve remember to keep track of everything I have ate through out the day, and managed to keep up on my water… well I’m a little behind on water, but not as bad. I used to think how the heck can someone drink all that, but I’ve been doing good on that.

Today was a trying day. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my long days. I get to work at 8 am and then at noon I am in class til 7. I had a hard time staying awake in class today, so I sorta… came home early *GASP*

I’m gonna go catch a nap before making dinner, then I’ll do a WATP video and maybe some DDR. Cept I’ll have to do it alone, kid got herself grounded ahh kids, gotta love them!

Okie… I’ll shush now! Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 PM   #5  
Hang In There

This has been a really stressful emotional week, and I've managed to stay OP. I get points for that? Right? I really don't feel like visiting right now, but I did want to check in and let everyone know I haven't fallen off the wagon. I'm still keeping up with my snowflakes and drips, and I'll report on that Sunday night. How is everyone else doing in the January Challenge?

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:25 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 332.4/228.4/175

Height: 5'11"

To whoever asked the question about The Biggest Loser, Dave won the $100,000. He lost 28% of his weight and 25% fat loss. I went to the gym again tonight. I did 30 minutes of cardio( on the ski machine) I burned over 400 calories just doing that. Then I did 30 minutes of weight training. I'm really enjoying being back on track. Hope everyone is doing well.
Steph
bobsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 09:27 PM   #7  

Someone asked about the 2nd winnder of Biggest Loser. It was Dave. I didn't get to see it either because Franklin Graham pre-empted it here. I've read someone where its repeated on Monday nights on USA channel.

Barb.G - I'm sorry that you're having a stressful week. Good job though for not giving into emotional eating. That is a huge accomplishment. I'm still hanging in there on the snowflake challenge. I picked up too many drips last week by falling on my face with the exercise. I'm making up for it this week though. So far, its been a great week and no new drips.

Sue - I've been doing the pilates DVD's for about a year. I think. I can do the back and bun/thigh exercises and have done them the most. I have done them so much, that I don't have to pla the DVD's anymore. I wussed out on the ab and upper body stuff until I decided I was going to have to start working on them more often if I was ever going to progress. Start slow and you'll get there. It may take a while but you'll never get there if you don't start somewhere. I too love the WATP's.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:29 PM   #8  

Steph, we were posting at the same time. Great job at the gym!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:31 PM   #9  
You and Me in 2003

I've been bad today in the food department.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 10:33 PM   #10  

Smile Good Evening

Hello Ladies, quick post for now. Since the kids and I spend very little time with John, we went with him to his off duty job. All he does is sit in this pretty nice trailer and watch DVD's for 12 hours while some other guy logs in tanker trucks and the like. It was alot of fun. We got supper at Wendy's and we ate there with him then we watched the kids play outside and then we came in and played Go Fish with the other guy who works there. Lots of good family time.

I forgot who asked, but no, I am not from Australia or England. I am a Native Texan. I lived here most of my life except for a short stretch where I lived in California in a little town called Homeland and I went to College at Kansas State University. Otherwise I have lived here near Ft Worth or just North of Houston in Spring for most of my life.

Have a good night everyone. Take care and see you in the morning.
amandamomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:24 AM   #11  

Talking

Good morning Ladies, I completely lost it with those hersheys kisses yesterday, but I am back on plan this morning and determined to run like the dickens from that chocolate monster!

I am still trying to decide if I want to do South Beach. Some of you are on that program aren't you? How is it working for you? I think I am going to buy the book even if I don't use it. So far I have been doing 1800 cal. on my own and that has worked (8 # since Jan.5), That is until the choc. attack. I probably gained back two lbs of what I lost. I am not standing on that scale to find out! .

Hello Sue, I am new too, and trying to learn all of the group by name etc. I don't try to answer every post yet, but I look forward to getting to know each and everyone here. .

Everybody have a bodacious day! Iwillbe
Iwillbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 05:40 AM   #12  
Dancing those pounds away

Here it is FUN FRIDAY !!!
You are running out of time to get me your address if you are wanting to partake in the fun of our February Challenge. We have many newcomers and I need your address. I do NOT give this information to anyone else. No one is required to participate. Just don't want to leave anyone out who wants to join in.
Our seperate 2x2 (lose 2lbs in 2weeks) is still ongoing. You get bonus points for participating in both. Send me any address or request to my PM.

I really need to get out of this house today while the weather is nice. Tomorrow is suppose to have a high of "FREEZING." Brrrrrrr

I FINALLY got my office cleaned. Not the closet... just the clutter. I think that will help with my down mood lately. It took me all night but worth it. Guilt breeds depression... and I felt guilty not finishing the cleaning of it. I may never get to the closet.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:18 AM   #13  

Goooood morning and happy Friday!! I am soooo glad the weekend is finally here.

I went shopping last night for some jeans for work...how depressing. It made me never want to eat again. *sigh* Well...maybe I will feel better after weigh in tomorrow!! : ) I am hoping to see at least a 1-2 lb drop.

I am off to eat my breakfast. Have a great day all!!!!
Old 01-21-2005, 02:41 PM   #14  
I'm on my way!

I'm baaaaaaaacckk!! Just dog tired! We drove home in the snow wednesday. Once we hit North Carolina there were accidents all over the place! It was a gridlock on Capital Blvd, people were just abandoning their cars and walking! Lucky for us we had to get off just as it backed up!! My boss left work at 1:15 in the afternoon and didnt' get home until 7:15 that night and she only lives about 10 miles from work! Glad I had that day off! It would have taken me longer because I live 5 miles further than her house!

OK...I'm going to make this quick, I have alot of laundry and unpacking still to do and cleaning this house! I do want to welcome all the newbies on the block! We have so many in the past week!! I'm glad to see you all here. You will definately love it here and get all the support and ideas you need!

Steph its good to see you posting regularly again!! I sure hope Tina comes back too! Gail where might you be my friend! I miss you too!! Andria???

OK I will start fresh here from this point forward...to much has been posted since I left for RI last week and I would NEVER catch up at this point!

And just for the record...I lost another 4 lbs! So 8 total so far since we started the new year!! I love that doctor's scale at the office!! Right now its my best friend! LOL

OK gotta run...have a great day! Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #15  

Congrats on the loss Michelle and welcome back!!!! We must moved to NC from MO and I couldnt believe how that little bit of snow paralyzed the city. It was crazy. I am in Sanford and we didnt get a thing.