Old 01-05-2005, 07:05 PM   #16  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Ughhh

Hiya everyone,

DH has been deathly ill the past few days and I just came down with IT last night, therefore I have been absent. I stayed home yesterday to take care of Jenniah to let him rest and then today I slept all day. Ick. Happy belated birthday Tony and well done for everyone else with their committment statements, staying OP etc. My eyes ache and I feel dizzy again so I am going back to bed. Have a good night.

eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Thin...winter warning huh? I just had to tell you that here it is January 5th and we were at 76* today! Gotta love it!!

I've been lurking the past couple of days but too tired to post any more than this. THose long days at work make me feel like a slug when I get home! I'll catch up with you all later this week!

Have a good day! Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 07:27 PM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Just a short hello to everyone. Lucky... so good to see you peeking in. Wish you would return full time.
You can add my name to the 2x2 challenge. I need something.
I am in a REAL FUNK. I need to get back into my safe little world of denial.
Living in reality sucks. I am been fighting depression and losing.
I am usually really good at "Fake it till you make it" ... but lately I haven't been able to do that. I am sorry to report that today I used food to just STUFF my feelings down down down. They keep popping up and driving me crazy. I think I have finally given up trying. Trying to "stuff" down those feelings. My usual confidant here is out of town... so I have been trying to deal with these feelings alone.
I know all of you would be more than willing to help... but I am not willing to post these feelings here in an open forum. They are too raw. Plus I have to protect my husband .... it could embarrass him if his coworkers happen to read here.
Sometimes I miss my anonymity here. When I was just a name .. "2cute" .. I did not have to worry about what anyone thought of me. Now that I have made bonds with many of you... I care what you think. I don't want to scare anyone away.
I am rambling now.... better shut up and get productive.

ROLL CALL 2x2
ThinThinker
Jibbelle
Barbg
Andria
Terri
Mary B.
Leanne
2cute
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:34 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Is it too late to get in the 2x2 challenge? I would like to give it a shot and it would help me stay on track. I have been feeling tired and out of it too. I'm still pretty new to the forums, how often to you guys make a new thread? My wish for Wednesday would be for hunger-pang free evenings when I watch TV. I can distract myself when I'm on the computer. Have a great evening,

Cassie
Irishcoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 08:46 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Thin - Nothing? No exercise? No menu planning? No success planning? You better get your butt out of funkytown and back to your goals or else you'll really have something to be funky about.

2Cute - How writing down your feelings? Dr P would tell ya that you have to deal with those emotions instead of feeding them. You've done so well lately that you don't want to lose ground and then be down about that too. Drag out Dr. P or find some way of dealing with the emotions so you can move on. You've got to for your health.

Cassie - No, its not too late to join in. We start them every other Monday. Focus on doing the things you know you have to do to lose 2 pounds by 1/17. Then we'll worry about the next two pounds.

ROLL CALL 2x2 - Ending 1/17

ThinThinker
Jibbelle
Barbg
Andria
Terri
Mary B.
Leanne
2cute
Cassie
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #21  
Determined

Does anyone else have the issue of hating going to the gym alone.. but also hating going with other people?

I guess I just always am afraid that its a competition in others minds.. and maybe it is in mine. My room mate is probably about.. 175-200 pounds and he's 5'6 or so. He can obviously do a lot more than me.. and he always mentions it.. always mentions how he can do so much "more". I just hate it... because I know he doesn't know what it's like. I guess thats why I am here - because you don't know what its like until you've been severely obese. I get tired quickly and he automatically assumes its me being lazy, or me lacking the ability.. I have the ability.. but there are physical problems that come with being this large that he can't understand!

There have been 1 or 2 times in the past where they asked me to play raquetball and I didn't go.. either because I was sick or something else.. and now whenever we do anything remotely physical or active they always ask five millions times "ARE YOU SURE YOU ARE GOING TO GO" and I keep saying "Yes.. Why wouldn't I go? of course I'm going" and they always rub it in that I didn't go those one or two times! I wish they would just assume I'm going .. and if I do or don't go then whatever.. thats that.

Sometimes I even find myself wishing that I lose tons of weight and my room mate gains and never loses any. I know its a horrible thought.. but theres just so many times where he always says "Yea right" to either one of us working out .. and its like hello, I'm doing it... ok? Just because I'm not public about every action I take - suddenly I'm still "lazy as ever".

Does anyone else have these emotional problems when dealing with doing things other people?

Maybe I'm just afraid of not doing as well.. and then having it be rubbed in my face Its causing me to think so negative
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 11:05 PM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

CD: My 2 cents worth again. Maybe you're going to have to treat your roommate the same way the rest of us treat our husbands and kids (our roommates). The only way to make this weightloss thing happen is to be honest with them about what you NEED. And right now YOU NEED support, not criticism or negative comments when you are trying to make a difference and changes in your lifestyle. Just come right out and tell him, "it makes me feel less motivated when you constantly harp on me about my lack of stamina. I am less enthusiastic about activities when you question my commitment." Something of that nature. Enlist his help in your journey. Just a thought.

Irish: We start a new thread every 30 posts. It helps us keep track of just how long we've been around.

Heading to bed. Later....
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 05:23 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Good Morning all ,
I have a 2 hour delay thankfully we have 7 or 8 inches of snow out there and it is raining now [i think that they will close it is icy not a good thing to be driving a 72 passenager sled in ]
yesterday i had a good onprogram day and i hope to have one today at least i will be earning my ap points from shoveling snow he he he
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 07:24 AM   #24  

Mary-
I do not miss the snow!!! We recently moved to NC from MO and it is sooooo nice! We have had one cold day (with a high of 16), but other than that it has been great so far!! In the 70s most of this weekend/week!!!
Jibbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 08:06 AM   #25  
You and Me in 2003

Add me to the list. Please
Have a good day
Food is ok
Thin, sorry I won't be able to make Spring Fling

ThinThinker
Jibbelle
Barbg
Andria
Terri
Mary B.
Leanne
2cute
Cassie
Mary
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 290/232/144

Red face Peking Pork Chops/chicken tenders

i am going to try this recipe with chicken tender's Dh wants chilli for dinner and i don't do chili cant stand beans DH is home from work today because it is just plain nasty out today we had 7 inches of snow over night and it is now freezing rain and sleet they closed school {thank-god} hate driving in this kind of weather just to nasty and it is not safe. . the temp her is just 25 not good for rain/sleet i just hope that we do not lose power hate that this time of year ,,,,,,,, we can handle it better then some I am a country girl and although i was not a boy scout i am always prepared i have water drown and i have karo for the heater an propane for the camp stove so i am ready so (the power wont go out ) at least here is hoping !!!!

Peking Pork Chops
7 Points
6 servings

6 pork chops, about 1" thick
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. ketchup
1-2 cloves garlic, mashed
salt and peppter to taste

Trim excess fat from pork chops. Place pork chops in crockpot. Combine brown sugar, ground ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic and salt and pepper. Pour mixture over meat in crockpot. Cook, covered, on low for 4 to 6 hours, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper (optional) Serve suggestion: with steamed white rice and/or chinese noodles.

also can any one let me know that i am doing wrong i can not add images to my post other then the smilies that is on the right of the post page what am i doing wrong ?
memoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 10:59 AM   #27  

Just a quick fly by this morning.
Last night I got the tree undecorated. Today my goal is to pack up all of thr rest of my Christmas stuff. I have never taken this long before to clean up after Christmas. I have just been much busier this year than in the past. For once in my life it ISN'T because I procrastitnated.

Memoe...I can't help you. I recently found out that I was doing it illegally.
Haven't posted a pic since then. Someday I will find the time to find the right way to do it.

Okay.. gotta go. My decorattions await me. LOL
Old 01-06-2005, 01:35 PM   #28  

2cute – I also think you should write your feelings/problems/issues down instead of stuffing them back inside. If what you write could be hurtful to someone, then burn the paper afterwards. We all struggle with depression and frustration and hopelessness, and personal problems we wouldn’t think of tapping out on a website - you are not alone.

CD – thinthinker is right on target. An honest, direct statement can do so much to get the problem solved, and if it is not resolved, will let you know exactly where you stand with your roommate, how supportive he will actually be, and what he really thinks of you. You can’t beat the truth.

ThinThinker
Jibbelle
Barbg
Andria
Terri
Mary B.
Leanne
2cute
Cassie
Mary
Ruby

Question about 2x2: where do we report our loss? Do we enter the forum on the 17th, and there will be a special thread? Or do we post on the numbered thread for that day? -Ruby
therubyslippers!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #29  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello!

Count me on on the 2X2 weight loss pledge! Yes, I said COUNT ME IN! lol

It is a new year, and I promised myself I would become more pro active in this weight loss planning......First I have to tell myself I can do it....I should be able to lose two punds in 9 days....starting at tommorrow mornings weigh in on my scales.....How I hate that thing!!!

I also have told myself I would try and post at least once a week, hope you can put up with it....

So Roll Call:

ThinThinker
Jibbelle
Barbg
Andria
Terri
Mary B.
Leanne
2cute
Cassie
Mary
Ruby
Maurene ( aka Syn)
Didn't know if I should laugh or cry over this one: It is 100 % true!

Last night I went to sit in my recliner and it tipped over with me flat on my back with my limbs up in the air...So there I was much like a turtle on it's back...and couldn't turn over to get ot and up....I got a fit of giggles as I began to wonder who would find me and for Pete's sake how would my untimely death read in the obituarys!! Me in my nighty and my as-ets bared......the cat was crawling all over me meowing and I was laughing so hard I thought I would need a diaper before I figured out how to rescue myself....I feel like I have moved things in my body I forgot I had when I woke up this morning!!! Shouldn't there be safety warnings on recliners???? "Beware of Monster chairs may attack when over loaded" ( If this inncident would have been videoed it may have been a winner on "Worlds Funniest Videos" lol

Oh me, Oh my! What a time!

God Bless us all this new year of 2005 and may this new year bring us closer to our goals of better weight, better health, and fitness, and may all of our dreams come true...........Think good thoughts, keep hoping and

Love to each of you.....
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #30  

Oh Maureen. !!! I could not help but laugh.
I am glad you survived... maybe you should also be on the tv show "Survivor".
I have actually done that myself ... many many years ago. I don't know if I could get back up if it happened today. LOL

Ruby, Terri and everyone else who suggested I write out my feelings... thank you.
I am a BIG advocate of writing out your feelings.... I don't know why I hadn't thought of that myself. LOL I guess when you are in the middle of all the muck you forget things you usually live by. Thanks for all of the advice. I did write a little in my journal.. but I think it might be time for a BIG writing session.

Ruby... we just keep track of our 2x2 right here in this thread. Monday morning of the 17th just pop in and let us know how you did. We try to keep things simple around here. LOL Plus it gives us one more thing to chat about.

I am going to start a new thread ... so STOP !!! Do not post here !!
Come join us in the next ongoing thread.... # 627