Old 11-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #16  
Michigan Old-Timer

Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday to You!
Happy Birthday, dear Sandy!
Happy Birthday to YOU!!!! And many more!
Hope you have a wonderful day!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:52 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

Anyone doing any shopping? I decided I didn't want to be up at 5:30 am to go freeze to death standing in line for a bargain.

I think I have a cold or a major sinus flareup. I don't feel bad other than my head.

Yesterday was pretty nice. And I do qualify that. We took the MIL with us to my family's for the day. She doesn't know them well but has met them a couple of times. We thought it would be good for her to get away from all the other old people and especially her sisters. We had a good day.

The food was great. I only put small spoonfuls on my plate and paid attention to the fact that it didn't take much to make me full. I did not go back for seconds. I ate some of all the pies (I made pumpkin, pecan and a fabo cheesecake) but I cut all the pieces in half. I felt pretty darn good about it.

It was also a bittersweet day because Thanksgiving two years ago is the last time some of us saw dad alive. We had such a good day that day and we all remember it vividly. Some of us went to the cemetary after dessert and had a good talk about that time, dad's death and how we feel today. To be honest, its the first time I've done that since Dad passed away. I have pretty much avoided the cemetary.

When we got back to the house, DH and his mom had been arguing. Everyone behind told me how emotional she got and how heated the conversation got. Geez, I leave them alone for 40 freakin' minutes and they argue. It was definitely time to leave. I hated leaving so soon but there was no point staying with DH mad.

They argued for most of the trip home. Then it was dead silence. I could have slapped both of them for ending the day with MY family like that. But instead of her feeling good about being part of the family, it brought out to her how her family now doesn't get together. She cries about how her sons aren't closer like she was with her sisters. She cried about how her grandkids don't love her; how they don't call her often enough or come see her. She cried about how DH doesn't make enough effort to have a better relationship with his brothers (makes me mad when she blames DH) and how he thinks he's right all the time. Which just sends DH over the edge of reason. She actually said that she wished she were dead. She's just going to pray that the Lord take her now. DH and I talked about it and we don't know if she is just that immature, spoiled, senile, depressed, manipulative or what. One of his cousins told us about how she was always the pretty one of the sisters and the one always in the center of attention. I think she can't handle the fact that she's not the center of attention anymore. She also doesn't understand that son's leave the family more than daughter's do and that son's/men don't always keep in touch the way sister's/women might. She has unrealistic expectations of how the family should treat her. She does that every time we get together and we go over all this crap time after time and she continues to do it and rile DH up.

YIPPEE, all the family stuff is OVER. Love 'em but yet....

DH and I are going to have a quiet day at home. I need to shampoo carpets and I think I will start dragging out Christmas decorations.

My laptop will hopefully be home tomorrow. After working on this old computer, maybe I will throw it a welcome home party.

There is no food leftover in our house! And I plan on earning 5 exercise points today. So I better push off from the computer here and get active. The scale is up a bit this morning but I think its mainly due to not drinking enough water the last few days. Its not appealing the way my head feels. Maybe hot, lemon water will be good.

Hope that everyone had a good Thanksgiving, safe trips and are making today an OP day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:02 AM   #18  
Dancing those pounds away

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Sandy
Happy Birthday to youuuuuu !!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day !!!

Thin... thanks for the Christmas list. I was comparing it to the first two lists and I truly miss some of our old friends. But I happy to have so many new ones.

I have company so can't stay. Just had to get my fix while they are busy doing other things. LOL
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #19  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi all! How are you all doing the morning after the day before? Fine, wonderful, and happy about your choices yesterday, I hope!!! I'm fairly pleased with myself. I did not pull away from the table feeling stuffed. I enjoyed what I ate, I ate what I wanted, but no in abundance. A real plus for the holiday.

Memoe/Mary B: Welcome to our little spot in the world. We're glad to have you join us. Hope you'll stick around.

Barbg: I'm up, I'm up!!! I'm with you. Gotta try and get myself in the mood for holiday decorations. My hesitancy stems from feeling totally overwhelmed. I can't believe it is only a month until Christmas. Also, my niece started some $hit in the family about Christmas and now no one is looking forward to it at all. Really stupid since it has totally wrecked the whole spirit of the season. Then of course my trip to Vegas in another 10 days makes me wonder what the he!! I was thinking planning a trip BEFORE Christmas.

2cute: I guess you'll be giving up your daughter some time today and sending her back to me! She'll be home in time for the Rochester Christmas parade on Sunday. I thought she'd be coming home in the middle of her first snow storm, but alas, the weatherman was WRONG again! I'm glad you had such a nice visit with her and that you managed the BIG meal yesterday. I'm sorry I didn't do well on the Turkey Challenge. Just couldn't be my act together. I'm hoping to do better with the Christmas Challenge. Thank you so much for putting so much thought and work into these games.

Chris: Your kids are sooooo cute!

Skittles: Howdy do, lady!

BarbPA: Did you manage to decide on your home theatre stuff? I was surprised that you guys didn't go anywhere for the holiday. I love to hear about your adventures.

Sandy: How's the weather in Maine? Any snow?

Terri: I'd love to have a loss come Monday, but if I don't get to work, that's not going to happen this time. Guess I better get moving.

Michelle: I bet you had great weather in Carolina for Thanksgiving. I'm remembering those days.

Andria: It's good to hear that your knee is doing better and you're at least back on your feet.

Well, my dears, I've caught up with everyone on this thread. Sorry, didn't go back to previous, but I love you all.

I'm off to work. Just two Target stores to do. At least I'm able to wait until after the 5:00 AM to noon specials. Maybe the crowds will calm down.

Later, ladies. Love ya bunches!!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:42 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Default Shop til you Drop

Hello Ladies

I hope you are all recovering well from all that great holiday fare. I wanted to be out shopping today, getting those bargains buying presents. But alas, I had to go to work And I thought it was going to be a really boring day here today, but one girl got sick and was rushed to the hosipital, and now there are about 12 cop cars a fire truck, and an ambulance out front. Apparently there was some big chase and they chased him right in front of our building. And to think I could have been at the mall

I want to say Happy Birthday to Sandy!

Mary, Welcome! You will enjoy it here.

Everyone else, Love ya, but I have to go back to work.

skitt
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:11 PM   #21  
I'm on my way!

Hey Thin I did a Target store today too and I have one tomorrow! I kinda liked that one, it was fun!! I made someone's day today!! Yesterday it was in the 60's here but then as the day went on it got kinda cold! The sun was shining all day too! I love it!

Mary B. welcome to our little group! Great bunch of women here...post often so we get to know you. You will feel right at home here!

SANDY! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

Terri - in-laws!! John has 3 sisters and BILs, 2 brothers and SILs, and 11 nieces and nephews who most have their own kids now too. Someone is always mad at another and its one big happy mess! I'm just glad we moved away from it all! I have one sister, BIL and nephew and my parents and we all get along just fine (for now!).

Skitt - sounds like a soap opera at your work! At least its not a boring day!!

2Cute - I can't wait for the mail today or tomorrow!! I need a boost again. I am flailing here like a flounder out of water!

I gotta get the boy some lunch now...he had a bag of popcorn and a bottle of water at Target so he wasn't hungry at noon. Its the only way to keep him sitting and quiet while I shop! He loves to go to Walmart because they give him free popcorn! Well this super target has it too. At first he asked for donuts and coffee because they have a starbucks there that we went to a couple of times! But he spotted the popcorn on the way over to starbucks!

OK I just babbled there...its time to get off of here. TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:51 PM   #22  

Happy Birthday Sandy!!!!!

Welcome Mary!
Old 11-26-2004, 05:01 PM   #23  

Default Thanks

Hi all, thanks for the wonderful Birthday wishes . I've been out shopping all day with my very best friend in the world. We actually got to go shopping with NO kids in tow. This is a rarity for sure. Between us we have 5 and we usually NEVER get to leave them all. Yahoo for girl day out.

The crowds were not to bad~~we went a little later than when the doors first opened to allow for the first rush to get over with.

I did by myself (from my hubby) a new digital camera today....LOL, I got home and told him he bought me a new one for my bday. The one I had was ok for beginning but it would not take good action shots, it would blur every time.

We had a very quiet uneventful Thanksgiving, thankful for that. Food was good and I ate pretty well. Today however my very best friend...lol...took me out to a chinese buffet, but I only filled one plate and did not go back for more even though I really wanted too. Victory!!!
peekabooangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 10:49 PM   #24  
Determined

Hey everyone Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date so much lately. I've been spending a lot of time studying and thinking about things. I'm having a hard time right now emotionally.. lots of issues emotionally dealing with weightloss and similar that I didn't think I would have to deal with.

I just wanted to say that out of nearly everything (other than the typical - healthy family, etc) I am most thankful this year for my journey towards weightloss - and ALL of you. I felt bad because it seemed so selfish at first to think "I'm most thankful for the fact that I'm finally doing something about my weight" I didn't share it with my family, just told them I'm thankful that all my family was there with me (which is true as well).

I'm so thankful for the inspiration this support group has given me. Thank all of you so much. I was having a hard time because I'm trying to figure out a lot of things - and then I recieved mail from thin and the new challenge from 2cute and I felt so much better I had such a smile on my face and I regained happiness and motivation.

Welcome to the new comers, happy birthday Sandy, and congrats to all of you who did so well on the big day yesterday I didn't eat too poorly because we didn't have much food, I don't really like turkey, I don't like mushrooms (and they seemed to be in EVERYTHING~) so I had some stuffing, a bit of mash potatoes, some rolls, and thats nearly it. I had to have a piece of pumpkin pie because it is one of my favorites I also worked out last night.

Speaking of working out, I've gotta run and do so now for the evening Love all of you and I hope all of you have a GREAT weekend.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:32 PM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

CD... I am sooo happy you recieved the Christmas Challenge just when you needed it. {{ HUGS }} What is best about this support group is it keeps you hanging in there. You can't give up because you know YOU CAN DO IT and you know there are others out there believing in you too.

Sandy .. glad you enjoyed your birthday. Now that you have a new camera we will be waiting on lots of new photos.

Michelle... Flounders out of water have only two choices...
DIE or be eaten.
Here comes one of those choices your way...

So you better get your butt in gear and SWIM !!!! LOL

Skittles... sounds like an exciting day at work today.

Thin... got my card and map too. SPRING FLING.... HERE WE COME !!!!
And my daughter is NOT yours yet. LOL
She doesn't start her new job until Dec 1st so I still have her this weekend.
I am REALLY dreading her going to back. I don't let her know how sad it makes me... I want her to be excited about her future ... but I really don't want to let her go AGAIN.
She was really happy to hear she did not miss the first snow.
She is actually looking forward to it. (silly girl) LOL

Terri.. I wish I could say there was no more food left in the house. Unfortunately... there are LOTS left here. I don't know how much longer my will power can hold up.
Did you earn those 5 extra exercise points today ?

Barbg .. did you get your house all prettied up today ??
In the past I never put up anything xmas until about Dec 6th.
Moved it up to Dec 1st about 4 years ago.
Today we put up all of our outside lights and decorations... and tomorrow the girls and I hope to get the house decorated.
Since my oldest won't be back until almost Christmas eve... we decided we need to do it now.

Mary... congrats on your great success with WW already. The 2teens is definitely doable.
Don't forget to get me your snail mail address if you want in the Christmas Challenge.

BarbPA ... Home theatre... wow !!! That sounds so cool. I watched a special segment on the news about Plasma TVs and how expensive they are...and how long they last. This couple paid $3,500 and it went out in one year.

Chris.... What cute kids you have !!!! Thank you for posting them

just got a call... gotta go.

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 11-27-2004 at 01:09 AM.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 01:16 AM   #26  

Well, I see that everyone's Thanksgiving was quite successful! I did pretty good Thursday too. I ate a little of everything that I wanted, including some broccoli and rice my sis-in-law perked up with some jalapenos... never thought of that one, but I went back to mom's to get some more. Had a slice of apple pie and a small piece of my spice cake! Ate more than I should've but nowhere NEAR like years before where I was stuffed and miserable and opening the button on my pants, just full and satisfied.

Great food and I exercised while it was in the oven cooking to a video before I ate... Have to remember that one. Realized how not so light on my feet I am anymore LOL trying to do the mambo!

Terri--I'm sorry about your family drama... I hate it when things like that happen... and don't know if it helps, but after working with the elderly for over 6 years, I think your MIL is being melodramatic and just looking for sympathy, not that it's any of my business! My MIL does the same things because we're in Texas and she's in DC... she gets upset that she is not the center of DH's attention anymore with his "new family and forgotten his old one" as she puts it. Even got upset that he doesn't want to be buried next to her when he dies but with me instead!

Sandy-- Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppy Birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Am sure you love your new camera!! DH "got me one" for Xmas last year LOL

Skittles--good luck to you shopping!! I did that last year and don't plan on it EVER AGAIN. I had my mom run to Radio shack to get a few of their specials since she was off at 6 and it wasn't a huge crazy place like Wal-mart.

Memoe and Mary B.-- welcome to the group!! I'm pretty new here, too and I love these ladies, you will too! Great place for inspiration.

Cd-- sounds like you had a great eating day on T'giving. And you SHOULD be thankful that you're making a change to make yourself a better, happier, healthier person... there's nothing wrong with that! Just one of many things to be thankful for, but an important one.
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:57 AM   #27  
Hang In There

Whine, whine, whine, is that really all I do? I am having such a hard time learning to cope with this disease. I knew that I had to scale way back on my decorating this year, so I just did a simple tree in the living room. I used glass ornaments and bears as a theme. It literaly took me all day to get the living room done. In the den, I plan to just put out my Santa collection, but I decided to leave that to today. I was so tired and hurt so much last night that I had to take Tylenol PM on top of the pain pills I take routinely every day. If I could get internet connection in the bedroom I could have joined Thin and 2cute with early morning chatting and posting! So now it's 10:00 in the morning, I've just gotten up and moved from the bed to the recliner!!

I did go exercise Thansgiving day, but didn't yesterday, so I'd better try to get there this afternoon, or I won't be able to move tomorrow!

2cute I didn't get my Christmas Challange yet, can't wait!
Got to see if I can get someone to take a picture of me for my cards, I've got much shorter and darker hair than I did at Spring Fling I.

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:19 AM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Warning! Major rant ahead! Mostly it is a lot of clearing my head, but just so you know, I was feeling really good by the end of it all.

Hey everyone

I don't know what's up with me, but I sure need it to stop! I made it through Thanksgiving dinner pretty well. There were too many people (especially small children) milling about, so the family served me. My sis was great and listened when I asked her for a small serving of everything except vegetables. I thought it was really sweet of her to respect my wishes. Afterwards, everyone kept trying to offer me desserts, but I chose to visit with crackers and some cheese ball in front of me. It isn't a perfect choice, but it was better than sampling every single one of the 7 desserts we had available! Later on in the evening I had half a slice of pumpkin and half a piece of the brownie I made for my little one. All in all, it felt like a win. Mostly, I was too tired and too looped on the stupid Lortabs to care. Getting up to my brother's house and back down again took everything I had. I actually slept a full hour after I got back home.

I am so glad we chose to stay with my family for Thanksgiving this year. My oldest really wanted to head up north to DH's family, but it turned out to not be a good idea. My MIL is still so upset over how elections came out that she told her son he couldn't come to Thanksgiving dinner (wrong political party). She even wrote an email and sent it out to the entire family setting ground rules for Thanksgiving conversation. I was so angry when I read it. She referred to the troubles she was having with her "undrowned puppy" of an eldest son as her reason for sending the email. Adam was so incredibly hurt, but he still won't say anything or stand up to her. As usual he forbid me to as well. I know it is petty to blame troubles on someone's mother, but this stupid cow of a woman has worked her entire life to screw up a perfectly good man. So many of our issues together, and the reasons we are divorcing, have to do with shame issues coming from his childhood with her and his inability to get past them. I don't know how he keeps loving her. How do you still love a woman who tells you that if abortion had been legal, you wouldn't be here. She doesn't yell it. She says it in a matter-of-fact tone that says it all. I can't believe how much anger I have pent up inside me towards this person. Yeah, she is a big topic of conversation when I go to therapy. And yes, I've already done a lot of research on grandparent's rights, and what I can and can't do with her and the children after the divorce is final. Thank goodness the courts are on my side for this one. We've already fought through several bouts of dangerous dieting with my eldest daughter because this woman badgered her way into her head and convinced her she wasn't good enough/thin enough/pretty enough to model like she did as a teenager. I don't want her anywhere near my daughters when the choice is mine to make. Since it still isn't mine, though, MIL is coming out for a Christmas concert eldest daughter is performing in, and will be in my house on December 9th. I didn't have a say in this, and I am spitting angry. Besides, my house is filthy beyond belief, and I can barely do a darn thing to clean it, and this doesn't seem to bother anyone else besides me.

Ok, someone slow me down! Wow, I am unhappy this morning!

Issues at hand that I can deal with... I'm happy with how my food went on Thursday, but I'm unhappy with how it went Friday. I didn't eat enough early on in the day, and I ate and ate and ate the rest of the day. I probably didn't go over a decent calorie amount, but I'm upset at myself for not stopping. I'm upset at myself for not maintaining a level of control. I also did a stupid thing and stepped on the home scale. The thing is wonky beyond belief, but it showed me up 12 lbs. You and I all know that is an inaccurate reading, but I let it get into my head. I also didn't start up my food journal like I promised myself I would.

So... Today is a new day! There is sunshine pouring in my window, and I have a healthy breakfast waiting at my side. I can't get to my food journal, but I can log it on my computer and write it in later. Positive action.

Next... My SIL has offered to come over and help me with the house again. If I can wait patiently until Monday, things will begin to look up in a huge way. Until then, there are basic chores that everyone is responsible for around the house, and I can hold them to those. I can't help with much, but I can sit on the couch and fold laundry, at the very least. Positive planning.

Finally... I am going to stop beating myself up. There are things in my life that are very literally beyond my control at this point in time. I can fight them or I can accept them. This battle is not going to win the war. As of this moment, I choose to fight the battle I can win. I can maintain control over my eating. I can remain positive in my outlook because it is a choice I make.

Huh. After getting through all this ranting, I think I finally realized why I'm feeling so helpless this morning. This is my third week off of work. They still won't allow me to return because I have to use at least one crutch to get around. I don't feel like I am contributing in any way towards the welfare of my family. I'm barely a mother right now, and I am not even a breadwinner. My eating didn't go nuts until yesterday after they let me know I couldn't work. Here I am, flailing around and beating myself up, and it boils down to that one emotional area. Why can't I get there faster?

Ok, so enough torturing everyone else with my struggles. If you made it this far, either you are a saint, or you are really bored today. Thanks for letting me get all that out. I think I really, really needed it.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:26 AM   #29  

Hi gang,

Saturday morning! We have the dreariest weather. Rain again. AGAIN. We have had so much rain this year. Makes up for the two years of drought I guess. I had wanted to ride this weekend but no such luck. Too muddy.

Yes, indeedy, I did earn my 5 activity points yesterday. And it wasn't all that hard if I just got up and did it.

I've been thinking alot this morning about how far I've come and where I want to be next year. Reading Dr. Phil this year has really helped. Especially with looking in the mirror and SEEING that I am smaller. I'm already thinking about NSV's that I want to accomplish next year.

I had a rewarding NSV yesterday. Ten years ago, I first joined WW at a whopping 258 pounds (seemed whopping then) and got down to 228. This was while I was training for the MS150 bike ride. I bought all kinds of t-shirts and sweatshirts that fall but didn't wear them long before I started gaining back the weight. On the proverbial "break before I regroup in the spring". I gained all my weight back and then some. I have saved those shirts. I also saved a few shirts along the way that I received for one reason or the other, when the largest was a 2x and I couldn't wear them. I pulled one out yesterday from Kellogg's School of Business and wore it. I went to Kellogg about 7 years ago and haven't been able to wear it in 7 years. But it was important that I do some day. Woohoo! Now I very well may get rid of all these shirts that I've been saving once I put them on and they fit - because frankly, I'd like to get rid of these clothes I've been saving. But not until they fit.

I think it was Kat's ice skating at Rockefeller Center that got me thinking of the things I'd like to do. Way to go, Kat!!! That must have been so cool.

I better get dressed and get DH around, if I'm going to accomplish anything today. I need to hit Hobby Lobby and a Hallmark store.

We may have to buy electric horse clippers and roach the girls (cut their manes off) because they are full of cuckleburrs. Thanks to old grizzlefart who quit taking care of the place. The new managers have been really good to the girls so far. They moved them inside the other night when the weather was crappy and they have been feeding them grain. Which they didn't need to do since we're not paying for inside care. That is such a relief.

Two pieces of pecan pie are going down the disposal today. GASP! The cheesecake will follow if it doesn't go in the freezer. The downstairs freezer. I forgot I had those as my only leftovers.

Toodles!
Old 11-27-2004, 01:35 PM   #30  
a work in progress...

Hi, friends...

I know I'm woefully behind, and will be for a few more days...my guests are leaving Tuesday. One thing I've noticed is that I must spend an awful lot of time at this computer, cuz NOT being here, I've gotten quite a lot done around here! With guests underfoot!

Terri...great story about fitting into those old clothes! I have a few things that I've been saving for years, just so I can get back into them! Once I do...I know they will be history...who wants to wear OLD clothes?

Andria...you have a LOT to get off your chest there, missy! Thanks for making me see that my MIL isn't the worst! You win! HUGS to you, hang in there!

2cute...got my package today! Great challenge, I can't wait to start. I failed miserably at Thanksgiving...time to redeem myself!

Welcome to our new girls! Happy Belated Birthday Sandy! Hi! to everyone else...gotta run...we're heading out...again. *sigh* I'm also realizing how much of a homebody I must be! I'm missing my kitchen!

See y'all soon!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote