Old 10-25-2004, 11:23 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

I'm back.

I swear there is one house in the neighborhood with their Christmas decorations out already. Not lights that are left up all year but two wreaths out, poinsettias, candy canes. I stood there staring for about a minute. Geez.

I watched Desperate Housewives last night. I wouldn't say that I'm hooked. I agree about the cheesiness. Silliness too. But I'll keep watching probably.

Survivor = B.O.R.I.N.G. in my opinion. These people are not that likeable. No Rupert charm. No Colby hunkiness. Twila is almost like Susan from the first show. No Richard's outlandish nakedness.

I bought Halloween candy today. Mini-tootsie pops. Oh how I wanted to buy peanut clusters, snickers, hershey's mini's, snickers, peanut butter cups, snickers. But I didn't buy anything but the tootsie pops. 202 of the suckers.

2Cute - A guy a work keeps trying to convince me to get Tivo. That's the price he paid. $250 for the receiver and $12.95 a month. He loves it. Our cable company has DVR but not in our area yet. Like I need something else electronic that DH won't know how to work and I'll have to do it all.

Thin - Dinner sounded yummy! We like rotisserie chicken too. So easy! How's your back since you've been to the doc? Don't do too many jobs and aggravate it again.

Lucky - What's to say? Oh I know, did you exercise today? We need to discuss tomorrow or Wednesay about meeting up and with Lisa too.

CD - Great job on the exercise!

Kat - I miss the Sopranos on Sunday nights. I don't care how many times I've seen the shows, and I've seen every single one more than once, I can sit down and watch them all over again. I should just buy the DVDs.

Andria - I agree about the change of seasons from summer to fall. I had a two week period of wanting to hibernate. I wanted warm, hearty foods too. Drinking cold water when its cold outside wasn't appealing either. But I made myself aware of the feelings and am working past them. Hope you got a good sleep in!

Skit - Sorry but I had the same reaction to spam cheesecake. It would never touch these lips! Blech!

BarbPA - That cheesecake sounded really good. I usually make cheesecakes at Christmas. That is until I discovered the variety ones you can buy at Sam's Club. Those are awesome. And not a spam one in the bunch.

I think that does it for everyone on this thread.

Time to go to bed. Yikes its after 10 pm. Have a good night!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:31 AM   #17  

Smile

Terri:
Quote:
What's to say? Oh I know, did you exercise today? We need to discuss tomorrow or Wednesay about meeting up and with Lisa too.
Email me so we can start planning. Will we be allowed to eat????? I DID exercise - 1 hour.

SPAM!!!! Lisa, NOW we know where to take Terri!!!! Ya know Spam is from Minnesota???? It's from a town (can't remember which one) BUT it isn't too far from the Cities!!!! Always an option to keep you entertained!

Well, off to work.

I had a dream last night, actually a vision. I saw the as a sweet, kind, caring, soft spoken; concerned, lovely woman who only wanted to please me!!! Yep, all she wants is to see Lisa and I content, relaxed and happy this weekend. Hmmm, will my dream come true?
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 AM   #18  
a work in progress...

Quote:
Like I need something else electronic that DH won't know how to work and I'll have to do it all.
Hmmm...sounds like something my husband would say about me! He was unloading ( hee! did I say unloading? I think I meant downloading!! See what I mean???) pictures from the digital camera into the thingy at the store to have them developed yesterday...his fingers flying all over the the screen, very knowledgable in what he was doing. I stood there watching, mouth agape, thinking, "That's it, I'd be better off Amish!"

I DO know how to work the TiVo though!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #19  
Lisa

Talking

Good morning all - this is going to be another "fly by" posting - I've been so busy and missed so much I'm not even going to try to catch up

I, too, am "hooked" on the Desperate Housewives and yes, it's kinda lame, but I want to know why Mary Alice shot herself, and what's up with that Mike anyway? He's got a gun and a bunch of stuff hidden in his cupboard, is there a dark side to him? At least Susan got her measuring cup back this week! Bree - what a PSYCHO, and Gabrielle - hmmmm, no nice word for that. And the mom with the monster boys (can't remember her name) glad I'm not her!

Lucky - SPAM is in Albert Lea . I have a recipe for SPAM cornbread, I could make it and bring some - it's actually really good. I have one word for SPAM cheesecake . . . EEEEEWWWWWWW!! get the idea?

Hi to everyone else - Terri, Kat, 2Cute, Skit, Andria, BarbPA, BarbG, Thin, CD - I think that's everyone on this page.

Have a wonderful day! I have to get the kids moving to get ready for school, my turn to be the right now, so move on over Terri
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 07:55 AM   #20  

Just a reminder!

Roll Call for a Challenge to Halloween!
Terri
Thin
CD
Lisa
Skittles
Lucky
Andria
Barbg
Kat
Chris
Tammy

Lucky - I've sent you an email this morning.
Lisa - I've sent you a PM this morning.

to everyone! Tuesday Tip Day! Get up and get moving!

I need to get ready for work and quit goofing off.

Have a fabo day!
Old 10-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #21  
Lisa

Terri - we were on at the same time - great minds think alike
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:18 AM   #22  
Dancing those pounds away

Terri ... don't forget ME on our Halloween challenge !!!!
I jumped in on 10-23 at 12:21pm on the last thread.
It was the same post that I asked about the last challenge total weight loss.
I doubt if I make it since I first have to lose the weight I gained on vacation before I can add a new loss .... but my goal is to lose that gain by Halloween.

I am happy to hear that TiVo has come down in price.
I just may be a proud owner of one this Xmas. Well... my husband will be.

I am sure I don't need to remind some of you... but for the rest... tonight is the third game of the World Series.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 10:28 AM   #23  
debra

Hi All,
Just peeked in today. I want to put in my 2cents about TIVO...LOVE IT! It has freed up tons of my time! I never am captive by the TV anymore. I just set it to record and it does the job. I tell it that I don't want re-runs, I don't get them. And when I play it back, I ff the commercials so that 30 min becomes 19. My son got the TIVO on a 99.00 sale, then the ongoing cost is 4.99 a month to me. Well worth it! It will record up to two shows at once, and you can even play back while it is recording.
The one caveat is that when you have two shows recording, you can not watch a 3rd show live. That is the only issue I have with it...not a big deal to me.
Thin, I did not get to the Y, but did go to the Aqua center on the way home. As I said, it is a long walk to the pool, but I was ever so greatful to step down into the warm pool just as I thought my knees were going to give out.
So, I need to get back to work.
Bye for now!
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 11:32 AM   #24  
Michigan Old-Timer

Ahhhhh, it's over!

At least that's what we'll be saying just 2 short months from now. Christmas will be over, done in just 2 months. So it is time to decide if we want to do a Christmas card exchange again this year.

If you would like to, I would be happy to take care of collecting all of the addresses again and getting them back out to all of you in time to get some cards mailed.

Please note: As usual, this is strictly voluntary. If you would like to participate, that is wonderful, if you would prefer not to, that is fine too. All of us here are bound to protect each other's privacy. We do not refer to people by their "real" names, we do not give out any personal information (even to each other) unless given permission. As a protection, anyone who joins the thread after this point will not be included this year as we have to have some sense of security with our information.

We encourage the inclusion of pictures, but again, not mandatory.

If you'd like to participate, please send me a PM. I am not going to assume that just because I have your address that you want to be included. I need your PM giving me permission to give out your info. Also, if you'd like to have your email address included, please say so and give it to me.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 12:49 PM   #25  

Talking

Terri: Tuesday Tip Day! Get up and get moving!
You can turn anything into a reason to !!!!

(psst don't tell the but am feeling and liking exercise!!!)

I also love Desperate Housewives - cheesy or not it's entertaining - Ummm for those of you that know me better - WHICH charactor do you think I like best???? :S:
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #26  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I just have to say it... I am sososo glad we do not have television! I actually have time to read and have been finishing craft projects. You know, instead of starting one and setting it in the closet for 5 years until you donate it to charity because you can't stand the guilt of seeing it gathering dust any longer.

I also can't help wondering if all the off subject chatter is to cover up that we aren't doing much towards hitting the Halloween challenge. You know I love the other stuff as much as anyone, but we have had very, very little about meeting our goals this last week. I love hearing how well everyone is doing on their exercise, and the same goes for food. I also love the recipes and OP food ideas we share with each other.

Nuff said, I've probably embarrassed myself enough for one day.

I wanted to send out an extra thanks to 2cute and Terri for bringing up the ticker ideas. It was such a little thing, but seeing that I've made it a third of the way to my goal has me feeling so freshly energized! I hadn't seen my loss from that perspective up until that moment. So, I guess that can be my Tuesday Tip... when you feel like your focus is slipping, maybe all you need is a change of perspective and a fresh point of view.

Hey, I have another article out tomorrow. I decided to not post it here, because it does mention the upcoming elections, even though it is entirely bi-partisan and more of a "where do we go from here" piece. www.thespectrum.com, then click opinion and look for the Writer's Group piece if you are interested.

I'm about desperate for some sleep. Will catch up with all of you later on.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:15 PM   #27  

I don't know Andria but with all the idle chatter, it has been more upbeat than usual. I'm working hard at my goals and have been posting what I've been doing. We used to have so many posts about people being in a funk and how they had over-indulged. Then someone else would post the same thing. It was like we were wallowing in funk and food and not helping each other pull out of it. I don't get that feeling anymore. I agree that it is motivating to get on here and read how someone worked out or g0t a grip on food. I just think we're having some fun and developing stronger friendships without meaning that we've given up on our goals.

We ALL have times when we don't post anything that helps someone else. I'm not trying to be a snot or worse, but have you shared much about how you're meeting your goals? If I overlooked it or have forgotten, I apologize. I know you've done great, but how are you getting there? I know your knee is injured but sharing how you keep on track without all the exercise can help someone who isn't able to exercise much.

As far as TV, I enjoy some mindless idle time at night after hard days at work. My eyes are usually too tired to read or do crafts. Wish I could but I don't see as well as I used to and I struggle with anything close up at night - even with my glasses.

Anyone watch the Biggest Loser? It was reassuring to see that they didn't have such huge losses as they did last week. The exercise part was inspiring.

As far as my day, my food was good. I'm journalling like I need to and keeping within my point range. I decided to give myself a night off from exercise because my right knee is a little finky from horseback riding on Sunday. I think I rode with my leg in a position that kind of twisted it a bit. It will be good tomorrow.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:16 PM   #28  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Very quiet in here this evening. Hope that wasn't all my fault...

I just had to come in here and share. I went back to Curves and did a real workout tonight! I had to skip 3 machines and all the recovery stations, but it felt so good to do my abs and upper body. My arms are sooooo wimpy now. That will take some building back up. But it felt really good to be there!

Gotta go, dinner is going to be pretty late if I don't.

Andria

P.S. I was posting the same time as Terri, looks like. And looks like I've offended people. Sorry you read more into what I posted than was intended. I'm not against other people watching TV, I still enjoy plenty of movies myself, and I do enjoy the idle chatter. I was just saying that I miss the other stuff as well. Wondering why I haven't shared anything new about how I'm doing? It is because it is the same f'ing thing every day. I do Decision Weight Loss. I fill in stupid little boxes and try my damnedest to not go outside them. Exercise? Yeah, I go to physical therapy for 1.5-2 hours three times a week. Exciting, no. Same stuff day in and day out? Yes. I would give anything to have some variety right now, thus the post above.

Going to go again because I really do have to. I'll be back later to do some more apologizing, I'm sure.

Last edited by qsilver; 10-26-2004 at 09:33 PM.
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:47 PM   #29  
Hang In There

Just checking in. Been feeling really productive this week, Don't know why.

Lucky & Lisa, you are going to quite suprised when you actually meet and see how sweet and quite[B] she can really be!!! Have fun

Thin, I did a "Secret Shop" yesterday, my first. But I still can't make myself do the work it would take to put some of my close up on ebay.

TiVo? DS gave my husband that for Christmas a couple of years ago and he loves it.

It rained on our Trunk or Treat Sunday night, so we set up our decorations in the foyier of the church and let the kids go from person to person. It was cute enought, but not nearly as cute as when all the cars are decorated. Of course my grandson was the cutest of all in his SWAT costume!!!

DH went to exercise tonight AFTER work. he said it was pretty crowded, but he still had a pretty good workout., He told me there was a water class that he thought I would like. I told him I thought that on Tuesday night the water class was a pre-natal class. I asked him if everyone in the class was pregnant, and he said he wasn't sure because he couldn't see them from the chest down But I just don't think I'd be able to exercise after a day at work.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 09:52 PM   #30  
Determined

Hey girls!

Biggest Losers - Terri, yea it was reassuring but what pissed me off was that they were so dissapointed! Do they not know about muscle gain? Its so silly! They should be happy they're losing 1-2 pounds if anything! They get so mad about getting kicked off and I just keep telling myself, god I hope they just go home and keep at it - and do what they came on the show to do, work magic. Too many people think they need a miracle to lose weight and its just not true. Though sometimes it does feel like it

About the Halloween challenge - as some of you may remember I never got a scale (and tomorrow I should hopefully finally get a measuring tape! If I find one), so I don't know my "exact" weight at the beginning of the challenge. I've asked my mother to bring her scale this Saturday and I will weigh then. *If* (ai..) I've lost weight hopefully it just can be counted in as "overall" since I started visting here. I hope that all makes sense.

I hope everyone else is doing wonderfully! I'm about go work out, and drink some water. I haven't done too wonderfully with eating lately because that *special* time of the month makes me have really no appetite and I'm out of groceries again.. but at least I'm not over eating.

Remember, doing it is a success, refusing to try again and get back on your feet and keep going is the only failure - not what you read in numbers.
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote