Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 AM   #16  
Lisa

Red face

Just a quick "fly-by" I have a bunch of errands to run. Hopefull I'll get time to post more later - just wanted to say "hi" to everyone!

Yes, BarbPA you have my permission to post any pictures with me in them (now my smilies aren't working today - grrrrr).

Anyway, have a wonderful day! It's rainy and dreary here . . . .more later!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:29 PM   #17  

Smile

BarbPA, you can post my picture too but only if you touch them up - ya know, like Glamore Shots!!!! I want young, hot and sexy!!!! Oh, and with a bunch of guys begging for my attention!!!! Since you slacked off while we were shopping (finding a man) it's the least you can do!!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:31 PM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

2Cute: DH is from Bay City Mich. I love it up there.
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 03:59 PM   #19  
debra

Howdy,howdy. just catching up again. Went to the pool this morning for the last time in this convenient location(the PT quit) . had a nice workout. Now to find another place..
haven't overeaten yet today, but the day isnt over. Last night I made a good pizza and didn't have any. This morning I had one slice cold. It held me until now, 4pm. I also drank water and diet soda. I need to go out tonight and get my daughter-in-law a gift. It's cloudy and overcast like rain is moving in. So, this is just a drive-by.
Does anyone else love Desparate Housewives?
Have a good evening!
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 04:37 PM   #20  
Lisa

Hello ladies - Today is dreary and wet. Yuck. My #1 daughter had her Girl Scout garage sale today, well it was a total flop. I guess they didn't even make $10. I know they were bummed and very frustrated. But, it wasn't advertised at all and I think that made a difference, plus the weather is so yucky today no one wants to be out in it.

So, it's Thankful Thursday. Hmmm. Well, I'm thankful that I had the opportunity to meet two great chicks this past weekend and I'm looking foward to meeting another one on the 30th. I'm thankful that Cross Country Running season is over and we can now just concentrate on play practice. And I'm thankful for my new job - I love it!

I hoped I'd have time for replies, but the dishes and dirty counters are all calling to me. The kids are out of school today and tomorrow, and both have been gone, so no help. Ah well, what's a mom to do?! Have a super afternoon everyone!
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:38 PM   #21  
BELIEVE!

May I have your attention please? If you would like to see the chicks who gathered in MN this weekend please direct your attention to the picture thread.

For those having trouble with smiles ... If you copy your message and open a new reply window they should work. At least it did for me --- seems to be a little quirk sometimes when you open a reply window.

Almost time for Survivor.....
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 08:51 PM   #22  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hiya

Hey ladies,

Quick post as I am exhausted from playoff week and a very long day. Just popped in to say hi to everyone and that I am having a good week food-wise but exercise has been tough. I have read everyone's posts but have only lurked the past few days due to no time. I plan to head to Curves tomorrow and Saturday a.m. before DH goes to work. Otherwise, as it is Thankful Thursday, I just have to say it...

WE BEAT THE YANKEES, WE BEAT THE YANKEES!!!!!

I do apologize to any of you who may be Yankee fans, but boy, it feels good as a life-long, die hard supporter of my beloved Red Sox to have seen the toppling of the "Evil Empire" (as our local newspaper called them) in their own stadium last night. On to the World Series...

Hugs to all of you and have a great night.

TTFN

Last edited by eddies_heart; 10-21-2004 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #23  

Thumbs up

Eddies Heart: There is a farm next to where I work that sells pumpkins. There are pumpkins displayed everywhere. It makes the farm look “fun”.

Thin: WATCHING people wrap gifts!!!! My, how could you stand the excitement? Did you get any tips? Still waiting on WHAT the desert was you served 2Cute. I need to know so I don’t make it for 2Cute in case she stops by!!!

Never fear, not walking does not stop you at the MOA. They supply scooters!!! With baskets for your treasures.

Terri: What were you doing eating at the Macaroni Grill??? (two can play this game )

Welcome, Jackie Jump right in and post. We all like to ramble.

Kat: I am so with you on the derailing, pissed off, schedule change!!!! However, this time I am trying very hard to watch my reactions. I tell myself (execising causes me to talk to myself) that there will always be these things in my life and I have to make sure I also keep exercising and good eating in it too. I try, don't always do it but keep trying -

Michelle: Gook luck with the job interview.

Hey, Mary. Glad you popped in.

I am staying home tomorrow to help the electrician install electric heat in the house. Then at 4PM it's off to the dentist

I am feeling better - not perfect but better so I hope the sinus stuff is on it's way out of my life.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:59 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Another damp, foggy, dreary day. I so wanted to lay down and take a nap. But the boss frowns on that.

Four days OP! At least with food and water. No exercise tonight. I didn't get away from work as early as I had wanted and then had to stop by the store. I actually cooked tonight. I made Greek meatballs and a spinach salad. Different but good. I also made some egg quiche things that I saw over on the South Beach recipe page. I used egg substitute, crumbled bacon, shredded zucchini, and a little low-fat cheese. Poured it into a muffin pan and baked. We'll see how they taste for breakfast.

One of the gals that works for me is off on vacation - in NYC! I am so jealous. I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone watch Survivor? Not that exciting. Maybe I was too distracted by cooking. Stupid of Scout to vote for Rory. That teams needs strength. Eliza should have been gone.

BarbPA - Thanks for posting the pics. Great looking bunch of chicks.

Lucky - Hope the sinus crap moves on. And it was my anniversary on Sunday and I did say I splurged. But splurging is over!

Lisa - Cool that you love your new job! I've worked in the insurance industry for 25 years now (but in Accounting). My dream is to be able to take my pension at 55 from my current company being optimistic I'm still employed there in 11 years and work for an insurance agent. Something that has no corporate ladder or anything corporate. I need scrapbooking help when I'm up there. Tough day for a garage sale. Poor girls!

Chris - Good job on keeping food good. I hope St. Louis wins tonight. DH has a cousin that lives in Boston and she said it is horrendously expensive to go to the games. Definitely not like that here - especially since our team was next to last in being the worst team of the season.

Debra - I haven't seen Desparate Housewives but a gal at work was telling how great it was. I might tune in on Sunday.

Mary - Hi! Drop by more often and chat more!

to everyone else!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:05 PM   #25  

Wink

WAIT until Lisa and I show you the scrap booking store we found, Terri.

I am worried you won't want to shop with us after a day at the MOA with your hubby!!!!
Old 10-21-2004, 10:31 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Lucky - If I can hike around NYC for 12 hours a day, for four days straight, with a stress fracture in my foot, I should be able to shop for two days! DH and I probably won't shop all day on Friday either.

BTW did you get my email? I changed our hotel reservation.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:43 PM   #27  
Determined

Ah, today I talked to my boyfriends mother on the phone. She asked me if I was coming for Christmas and that she'd buy me a plane ticket. This makes me feel so guilty. (If you don't know, I haven't really seen my boyfriend in nearly 2 years because we had to move apart for college, I've gained A LOT since then.. and I'm not worried about him, I feel insecure myself about my own weight). I want to go, but I've never met her and I'm just afraid.

This really makes me want to kick into gear though. I want to not be afraid to ride the plane, I want to not be afraid of the small little shops in the city, I want to feel comfortable inside and out. I want to look beautiful - I want to give the best first impression I can. Its quite painful, especially since I know even if I kicked into gear I wouldn't lose all my weight for quittee some time.

So my goal is to start going to bed early (hopefully around 10:30-11pm - very early for me), wake up at 8 on my days off and work out, work out again at 1:30, then one final time around 10pm. I know this sounds like a lot but I really handle working out in increments really well - I just need to do it, I know I can.

Its changing my life majorly. I've never been able to sleep early and I really want to.

I kindve want to try and work out before I leave for work on (Tuesdays and Thursdays) too, but itd have to be like 5-6am.. is that crazy? I can barely make it waking up at 7am.

Oi, but I'm going to try. I signed up for Discovery Channels online health guidance and they have TONS of recipes! I can't wait, I just hope I can find all the ingrediants and stick to it.

Good luck to the rest of you too I'm damn determined. If only I can finally do it this time.

cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:08 AM   #28  

Smile

Crap, Terri, when did you send it???? I get hundreds of "junk" mail everyday and may have deleted yours if I didn't recognize the email addy.

There are a few on losing weight, one on getting rid of wrinkles and one on being a Sex Spy - are any of those from you????

PLEASE resend the email!!!!

PLUS Terri & Lisa, I am voting for pictures when we first meet or after breakfast. NOT after a day of shopping. My theory is I will look less tired and puffy then!!
Old 10-22-2004, 01:35 PM   #29  

Wink

I had hoped the electrician would be done by now but NOOOOOOOOO..

I read this and have been chuckeling ever since:

What if the hoeky poeky IS what it's all about.
Old 10-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #30  

Wink

FINALLY the electrican is gone. I have been cleaning for an hour and half. I can't wait until this whole thing is over.

NOW I have to rearrange all my rooms. AND get new curtains.
Rearrange so my furniture doesn't block the heaters.
Curtains because mine are too long and touch the heaters, which is a according to the expert. I with he would have told me because I might not have installed electrical heat - I really my curtains.

What's everyone up too?

One more week until I get to meet the . I would like to ask all of you to say a little prayer for Lisa and me...that we won't get by the next weekend.

Thin, just a FYI - I can use smilies, then can't, then can and I don't do a darn thing inbetween. I also lose the "view first unread thread" a lot. I usually just go with what I am allowed to do. By the way you are getting smilies now only because I can remember what to type to make them appear!!! Maybe I should just memorize all of them.