Old 09-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #16  
a work in progress...

Terri...You are such a great MOTIVATOR. I say, " Dr Phil, move over...Terri's takin' over!!!!

BTW...my dh does that too...when he's not snoring his brains out! He'll be having a conversation, clear as can be; talking, chuckling, etc. I've woken up thinking he's on the phone, chatting away. Weird.

2cute...New day, new challenge. No looking back.

Skittles, Okay, it's a number to work with, so now you know... As good a place to start as any!

Cd...I've never used any, but a lot of the girls here like the WATP videos. But, anything that gets you moving and keeps your heart rate up for at least 20 minutes is effective! Moves can always be modified until you are limber enough to do them! Pick a video, any video...whatever appeals to you!

Andria...I LOVE the Whoosh Faerie! I just wish she'd stick around every day!

Judy...Congratulations back atcha for your loss too!

Lucky...I'm so impressed with all your walking AND with your loss!
Just one question...you don't walk like this---> do you?

Congrats, Susie on your loss! You too, Pat!

As a matter of fact...CONGRATULATIONS to ALL! I think what we've gotten out of this, no matter what was lost, is a renewed sense of FOCUS and DETERMINATION!!! Breaking this large undertaking down into more manageable pieces really makes a difference.

So, come on...ONE LB BY LABOR DAY IS DEFINITELY DO-ABLE!!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:36 AM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Here I am, reporting in a day late. Yesterday was such a hectic day! I didn't make my 2 pound goal, but I did lose 1 pound! Better than nothing!

Count me in for 1 more pound by next Tuesday. Will be a great motivater to get through this long weekend!

Gotta get back to work, but had to stop in quickly!
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 11:34 AM   #18  
Determined

Thank you girls Skittles I dont think it was you :P what I was bidding on had 3 Simmons, 3 Tae bo, some kickboxing.. it was about 10 videos in all.

I did win a nice set of WATP vids though I'm considering still getting Richard Simmons box set of blast offs... but we'll see

I'll go for the 1lb challenge if I buy a scale today :P

I wish my boyfriend would talk in his sleep, I'd find it so adorable. He barely even snores (But I guess thats cause we're both only 19) but I love it when he does.

Well I hope to get some exercising in this week.. been so sleepy and worn out.

Good luck everyone!
cdtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 01:09 PM   #19  

Smile

Yep, Kat, that is how I walk!!!

Well, I am going to the cities in an hour so I won't have a computer until tomorrow night - well, depending on when we get back.

Its a seminar for work - but we are going to try and get some shopping in.

Just me - ing across the Midwest Prairie!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 05:05 PM   #20  

Congrats to all who lost on the challenge.

Count me in for the 1-pound challenge---weighing in today at 305, salivating over 299...

Andria: Hope classes continue well--I know what you mean about the desks; now that I'm a prof I refuse to sit in a student desk ever.
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:19 PM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi All! I'm sorry to say that I did not do well on the challenge. I was up and down for the past two weeks and apparently ended in the up position, but since I didn't write down where I started (or wrote it down and forgot where I put it ) it's hard to say just what was what.

I did jump on the scale yesterday morning and would love to join the challenge for Labor Day. I'm leaving first thing on Tuesday morning so I will get on the scale before I go, but I'm not sure I'll be able to report until I get back (unless of course I can steal some time on a computer while I'm gone.)

CONGRATS to all of you have lost!
Nice accomplishment.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:22 PM   #22  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

The chick who was up so high yesterday came crashing down this morning with a reality slap to the face. I stepped off my porch and there was a loud pop from my knee. I went down and haven't been up again. This is so painful. The x-rays said I don't have any broken bones, but things were too painful to tell much else. I have a doc appointment tomorrow. It is the guy who helped me with my knee when I tore the ACL almost 3 years ago.

I'm totally freaked about school. My two main classes are in a building at the top of an incline. I'm not that good with crutches! I'm hoping the doc can tell me before Friday if this is going to keep me down for a while. That way I can drop my classes for a full tuition refund and return all my books. By the way, I do NOT want that to have to be my solution unless necessary.

If any of you are praying types, I could sure use some heading my way.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:35 PM   #23  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

OMG Andria! You be careful til you see the Doc. My knees are my one really big fear. They're always giving me trouble and I'm always babying them.

Listen to the Doc, Drop those classes if you have to and take the time to mend fully. Yep, I'll pray for you.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:43 PM   #24  
a work in progress...

You got my prayers, Andria! Take care, hon. I hope everything works out for you. {{{hug}}}
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 08:57 PM   #25  

Hey Andria--If you can walk with crutches but just need to stay off the incline, make sure they can't switch classrooms to accommodate you before you drop your courses, okay? Hang in there!
Angela_aka_Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 09:28 PM   #26  
Christine

S/C/G: 340/328/150

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello all

Hi,

First of all, thank you to thinthinker and 2cute2bfat...I appreciate your personal messages to me. I consider myself to be computer literate, but alas, I admit my knowledge of how to navigate threads has been limited to the ones on my shirt!

At any rate, I was just wondering...is this where I can write and check in daily to get to know you all etc? I would love to hear/read everyone's life stories...married, kids, jobs etc. Oh yeah, I guess maybe your weight loss battles would be okay as well...

Anyway, I embarked on the South Beach Diet last week with GREAT results...I lost 6 lbs. the first week (and yep, I try to drink 90 oz. of h20/day so it wasn't water loss!!) So, I went from 324 to 318. I found the diet very easy to live with overall, once I got past the first few days of pasta/bread/sweets cravings. I need to get back on track though, the past few days have been a free for all, returning to school, inservice days with lunch provided, snacks etc. But I am ready to roll on Friday after grocery shopping tomorrow.

Sorry this is so long. Before I go, I just wanted to see if anyone else struggles with the same trouble I do. My problem is, though intellectually I know I NEED to change my eating habits permanently and lose weight, I am an emotional eater and have become incredibly good at fooling myself into the "one bite won't hurt, I deserve it" mentality. I know I want to lose the weight, but sometimes I think I get in denial of just how overweight I am. I joined ww once, and when I confessed this problem to someone, they said that "You just aren't ready to commit and aren't motivated. Come back when you are." Well, thanks alot. I never went back.

Any insight, thoughts, opinions are most gratefully welcome.

Thanks for being here and being so supportive. I loved reading the posts I have looked at so far.

TTFN

Last edited by eddies_heart; 09-02-2004 at 05:17 PM.
eddies_heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:57 AM   #27  
Michigan Old-Timer

Andria: OMG, honey. That is horrible about your knee. Scares me half to death since mine has been acting up for the past 10 days or so. Be sure to do exactly what the Dr. says. The "baby" tore his PCL his senior year in high school and he didn't do the recommended exercises after he was done with physical therapy and he still can't kneel on that knee and probably never will be able to. * On the issue of school: I'm not sure just what "Section 504" covers but I think it's ALL public buildings, schools especially, that have to accommodate disabilities whether permanent or temporary. Section 504 is Federal Legislation and schools do not want to go through an audit having to do with 504 so usually just mentioning it will get you what you want. I learned about it when I served on the school board. That's what got the high school to provide me with a wheel chair at the door of the school everyday when the "baby" had his surgery. They told him to use crutches and I said "yeah right AND carry his books for class all day. Don't think so. Get me a wheelchair." Of course you'll still have to worry about getting someone to drive you to classes if that's the case I'm sure. Good luck. I'm praying for you.

Christine: Welcome! Yes, this is the place! As far as who we are and that kind of stuff, you'll find most of us have filled out a profile on the "Bio Thread" and you're welcome to do so as well. This thread is full of our every day ups and downs. It's the place to come and read and be read as well as write. Most of us check in every day or two. * Congrats on starting South Beach. It sounds like you've been real successful so far. I'm glad you found it fairly easy to follow. I too KNOW what I need to do, it's just a matter of getting the job DONE. As far as the emotional eating, I suffer as well. My problem is sometimes I could slap myself because I don't even realize what's bothering me.

Alice: It's nice to see you posting over here. Welcome back around to our daily threads.

Ok, all of you who are praying anyway. Please say a little one for Honey. He has a job interview at 9:00 this morning (Thursday). He is so excited. He wants this so bad. It is right up his background alley AND it's within 10 miles of our house rather than 40 miles. I think he will be crushed if he doesn't get it AND he deserves the break, he's such a great guy. So if you have a little prayer to spare, please send some up for my Honey. Thanks.

Gotta run. Almost 1:00 AM here. Love ya bunches!

P.S. I sent the first little "teaser" mail for Spring Fling Volume 2 today. If I don't have your address and you're interested in being included when I mail something, please PM me your contact info.

P.P.S. or is it P.S.S.? Anyway, have any of you heard from Jen? We haven't heard from her in soooo long. I wonder if she's back in Germany, if her hubby ever got home. I sent her mail too so we'll see if she checks in. Just thought I'd ask if any of you had heard from her.

Ok, nitey nite!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 06:47 AM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Christine... I am so glad you found us. Yep, you are in the right place.

I can't visit now... but just had to welcome Christine.

Thin... I am always willing to pray for everyone... but
not sure I have much pull.

Okay... I had a great on program day yesterday... I am going for two.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:42 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 325/

Height: 5'8"

Morning Ladies,

Just a quickie this morning. I went to a birthday party last night. I had cake. But I didn't have any of the pizza. So not too bad of an evening. Not much going on other than tired and I'm ready for the weekend.

Christine, welcome to the group. I too know exactly what you are talking about as far as the food. Sometimes I find myself with food in my hand not even sure why I got it. Other times I would just eat and eat and eat. But it's getting better. Congratulations on starting the South Beach and losing the weight. It's a lot of hard work to change habits and I'm just starting myself. So we're here for ya. These girls are great.

Andria, Oh my goodness, you take it easy. I am sending prayers and healing energy your way. I know about the knee problems and I feel your pain. I hope that you will be able to still go to school, but if you can't, don't be too upset. I believe that these things happen because we need to slow down. So you may need to take a break and take some me time. Sometimes we don't have time to do that. So if you can't go back, think of it as a well deserved vacation. Take care.

Thin, I have plenty of prayers to go around. Just like my physical body, I have an over abundance, plenty to share. So prayers are coming you and your hubbys way.
I will pm you my info, so let me know if you get it, not sure how to do it yet.

Well ladies, it is work time again. oh, it is almost over and tomorrow is payday,

Skit
Skittles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #30  
debra

Hi All,
Im sitting here waiting for Frances to come up the coast and get us~ canceled the beach trip...maybe later.
Andria...don't stress the knees, stay off your feet, crutches, chair, whatever! I am looking at knee replacement, going next week to make arrangements. I have torn ligaments in both, and hobbled along with fluid built up on them for 6 months now (car accident), and it's not the right thing to do! You are in my prayers.
Welcome Christine! I'm one too...just this morning DH caused me to feel angry at him, but I was on the phone with work and could not address it, so after I got off the phone he was gone and I headed for the fridge. I's so easy to stuff you anger away, soothe it with food...I was looking. But I pulled out the chicken and slapped it in the oven bag, with broth and mushrooms, spices, and put it in the oven. It was kind of staisfying. But i still wanted something, so I opened a can of good" tuna and ate that, 150 calories, no fat or carbs. I'm still going to yell when he gets back!
Thin...I hope your DH gets the job!
Terri...If you are still accepting people for the Labor Day challenge count me in.
I need to get back to work, will check in again...I hope any of you that are like me in the path of Frances come out of it in one piece.
Debra
dgrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote