Old 06-03-2004, 08:10 PM   #31  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

I am so frustrated/angry with one of my friends right now. We have known each other for 9 years now, and even though we sometimes drift apart during moves and such (military family), we have always maintained a level of contact. I have been so proud of her this last year. She has lost over 100 pounds and is looking really terrific. She kept telling me all sorts of things she has done to lose the weight, and I have been really supportive of her and truly thrilled for her progress. Well, today it comes out through a mutual friend that she has had WLS and just didn't dare tell me. I feel... betrayed? I'm not sure exactly what I feel. I know I feel hurt and angry that she didn't trust me enough to share such a huge thing with me. It also stings a bit that she has made herself out to be such a saint, to the point where sometimes I have felt a bit put down by her. I understand that she had a lot going on physically, and WLS was evidently a good choice for her. She is a size 6 now, for heaven's sake! I don't know... I'm still happy for her, but since she still hasn't chosen to talk to me about this, and I'm not supposed to know... aaarrrggghhh!

2cute, you weren't preaching, darling. Those words came straight from your heart, and I thank you for them. I'll keep up the prayers for your sister and family. *HUGS*

Pat, I've had heel spurs before. The doctor had me do a few weeks of ultrasound therapy. It worked really well. That combined with really supportive shoes did wonders for me.

I've got to run! The family has plans tonight.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 09:07 PM   #32  
Hang In There

Pat: You will never believe my cure for heel spurs!!! I had done everything there was to do, had many many cortizone shots in them all kinds of "treatments" and was finally to the point where I knew surgery was the only choice for me, but I didn't want a podiatrist, or some other kind of doc operating on me. I finally made an appointment with a very well know orthopedic surgeon and on my first visit told him I was there to have him operate on me. He talked to me for a while, and said I might not need surgery if I would do what he told me to do exactly. He had me wear high 3" or higher heel all the time for 2 weeks. I even had to get some that I could wear in the shower. He said to keep them by my bed so that the minute I got up I put them on and didn't take them off until I went to bed that night. I laughed and told him that was crazy and that if I did that I wouldn't need to worry about my feet anymore because it had been so long since I'd worn high heels that I'd fall and break my neck

But anyway I did it, and after two week, he took me down to 2 1/2 inch heel, the 2 weeks after that 1 1/2. He said that it wasn't the actual spur that hurt, it was the fact that the spur dug into the fleshy part of the foot and caused inflammation in the foot. by wearing the high heels it kept the spur from digging into the flesh and finally the inflamation went away and I have never had to have the surgery. I still have "flare ups" every now and then, and when I do I go back to high heels for a while, And I never wear completelyt flat shoes, even when I wear sandals I make sure they have a little bit of a heel. Hope this helps.

Andria: don't be too hard on your friend. There are so many different psychological aspects to WLS that it's hard to understand unless you've been there (or in my case, lived with it!) As crazy as it sounds she may very well have felt guilty that she had the surgery and you were still struggling (and failing, and struggling some more) while the weight seemed to be falling off of her. Also a lot of WLS patients do not want to admit to anyone that they have had surgery. And probally all the things she was telling you she was doing to loose the weight, she probally WAS doing that. The surgery will not work, if you don't work with it. Just my thoughts!

Terri: glad your horse is going to be okay. I want you to know that some people do look at the person, and not the weight. Just keep up the great work you are doing, and soon no one will know you ever had the problem of being overweight. You are doing great, and are a good example for all of us here.

Aren't you glad no one else posted so I can stop my novel!
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:11 AM   #33  
Syn
ONE BITE AT A TIME*Loser*

Hello to One and All......

I know I haven't been the best at communicating...but please know I read and catch up on the "news" every few days....I am still not feeling the best and so tired all of the time...My weight loss has been pretty constant but too slow of course, and I am not wanting to eat as much...that is good...I hope to be in the 290's by the end of the month. My scales says I am just under 300...the dr's scale says a little more...so I want to get to the point where the 300 mark is no where near the line when I stand on the scale!! I am giving myself a goal of a month.

My friend, Ed, was coming up the second week of June, His plans may have changed...I am not sure what is up with that...He did say he bought new tires for his truck today and maybe he is thinking of taking a little trip!! I don't like surprises so I hope he doesn't just show up on my door step....

BarbG, so sorry to hear about the storm damage, but very glad to hear you are alright!!

Dear 2Cute your poor sister, this has to be so very hard for her and your family....I hear you about the unwise eating decisons we have made for so long needing to stop for our HEALTHS SAKE! Let us hope and pray we can find and keep the strength to stay determined to beat this addiction! You and your sis and families will continue to be in my thiughts and prayers! Let us know how she is doing when you can.

Terri: Horses are so much work, but isn't it funny how we can love them so much...? I sure miss mine since I am no longer in the country...it has been at least 15 years since I rode but I sure do miss it

Andria:I m sorry your friend hurt you by her not confiding the truth to you. Who knows what makes people act and say the things they do sometimes???

It is getting late, past my bedtime anyway....Love to all....
Syn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 07:33 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Stop! Do Not Post Here! JOIN US ON #534
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote