Old 05-01-2004, 04:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ and Ready To Try Again .. # 523

WELCOME !!!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:08 PM   #2  
BELIEVE!

Melissa - I will echo what Kat and Terri said. You've had a good cry, now pick yourself up, dust off the crumbs and get back to it. It's sounds simple, but it's not easy - you have to eat a healthy, balanced diet and you have to exercise. We all know how though this is, but we are here for support and encouragement.
What is your plan??????
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 04:17 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

WOW !!!!! If you have not read the last thread you better get your butts in there !!! There were some AWESOME posts !!!!

Kat... You are on a roll girl !!! You have certainly inspired me !!!
I loved what you said about the egg yolks. Gee you simplifed a simple problem.
I am copying and saving that last post to MissMeliss... and saving it to post BACK TO YOU when needed. It was sooooooooo GOOD !!!!!

Terri.. You are running a close second behind Kat.
You two better than any Dr.Phil book. LOL
It is EXACTLY what we ALL need to here.

Julie... and what an INSPIRATION you are.!!!!! It PROVES it can be done for us "larger than average" women. LOL
Thank you soooo much for sharing your photos and story.
I sure hope you stick around and share your insight.

I know there are many more to reply to... but I am going for a nap.
I stayed up way tooooo late AGAIN.

Oh, I went and saw that golfer movie..."Bobby Jones.. A Stroke of Genius".
I enjoyed it. It has some corny 1950 type style .... but I like that. I am an old fashion gal.
It also had some awesome quotes I wish I had written down. I learned a lot.

Okay gals... gotta go.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 05:46 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

aw shucks...
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:01 PM   #5  

Red face

I almost feel as if I am intruding All you girls seem so close, especially for an internet support group. All the ones I have ever seen , there are like 3 people that know each other and address each by a first name, here it is everyone! That is so fantastic!

I have had a good day (week) of eating, not following anything special at the moment due to aunt flow. I am going to try the eat good all week and give yourself a day off way. I think it will help

Well I hear my little one waking up, so gotta scoot!!
shayshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #6  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Thank you Kat, Terri and Barb for your inspiring answers. I'm the person people turn to for the advice, but I never follow my own advice

What are my next steps?
*to be more rigid on my points. i usually aim for 30, so that if i go over a bit it's under 35
*to eat more veggies
*and to do cardio exercises (i already do ab crunches)

that's it for now. i forget if it was terri or kat who said this, but they're right - i eat nothign all day and then save all my points for dinnertimne and feel like i can go wild
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:29 PM   #7  

Welcome ShayShay - just jump in.

My arm makes my hand hurt and shake so it's hard to type.

I am ready for tomorrow - surprise Swedish invasion. If my hand will just cooperate. Otherwise I have to rely on my brother and nephew - S C A R Y to have men put on a lunch!!!
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 06:56 PM   #8  
Lisa

Talking

Hey gals! Wow, what an awesome place this is. In the past I have felt so alone when I've tired to lose weight, eat healthier, etc. I'd "fall off the wagon" and not get back on again. Just reading all the comments that everyone had for MissMeliss, all the support, well, all I can say is, wow. I really want to be a part of that!

Weighed in yesterday, and haven't lost any weight, I was kind of bummed, but not surpised. My Dr. Phil book came in the mail today (FINALLY!!!!) so I can get caught up on the reading. I'm not a big fan of his either, but, I want to read the book - I'll just take the book cover off

Went to an auction this morning with my sister (actually stayed there about 5 hours - yep I'm nuts ). I did find some treasures so that was fun.

ShayShay - Welcome - I'm pretty new myself & already have benefited from everyones wisdom & support

MissMeliss - hang in there - it's okay to cry, and actually good for you I know you can work through this - just admitting what's wrong is a start!

LuckyLadyBug - Hope your arm gets better! What a bummer Good luck with your invasion - I saw the Lutefisk comments - I hope they don't think that all us Minnesota Scandinavians are crazy enough to eat that

Gotta run - Happy Saturday to all & to all a good night

Lisa
ljs1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 07:41 PM   #9  
I'm on my way!

OK 2 down and 1 to mid-term to go! Would someone like to write a 300 word editorial for me on something happening in the news? Thats my last mid-term!

Hey its good to see some new faces here...welcome to the group...its been said over and over again but this is the best group of women you will ever encounter in your weightloss journey! They are supportive and REAL friends! I have already met two in person and truly wish I could have made the trip to Oklahoma!!

Julie you are beautiful! I lost 97 lbs in the past and gained most of it back when I was pregnant and am now struggling to get it off. Its not so easy with a family! So I know it can be done! You are such a beautiful inspiration!

ShayShay...how old is your little one? Mine son is 3 1/2 and quite a handful! All boy!!

Kat and Barb...June 26th would be perfect for me!! If not for you two we can work something out! I too am not much of a gambler...I would rather lunch, shop and enjoy the boardwalk...and Jeff is more than welcome to come too Barb!! Or if not AC we can try somewhere else if anyone has other suggestions! I don't know my way around there but I am sure I could find you!

Hi 2Cute and the rest of you...Lucky, Terri, Barb.g, Thin, Meliss, Lisa, Susie...and everyone else! I have to run again...my little guy is calling me and I still haven't had any takers for this editorial that needs to be written!!

TTFN Michelle
MichelleK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 08:29 PM   #10  

Shay...
Quote:
I almost feel as if I am intruding All you girls seem so close
You are NEVER intruding !!! We love newcomers.!!! We love it best once you feel like an oldtimer. LOL
Just remember this.... Each and every single member here was at one time a newcomer. Just jump right in and make this your HOME.
Also remember... if sometimes we miss someone in replies...it is not intentional. It is hard to keep up with everyone every time. I only do replies like every 5th time I post or so.

MissMeliss... you sound better already. That is a good plan to start with. Don't forget to drink LOTS of water !!! It really does help.

Lucky... you don't sound too lucky with that arm. OUCH !!!!
I want to hear all about the lunch your brother and nephew pulls off. LOL
My husband would call for pizza delivery. LOL

Lisa.. I hope you know that everything I wrote to Shay applies to you too. We want YOU to be a part of this loving group too. :hugs:

Michelle... it was nice chatting. I am soooo happy to see you posting again.

Okay... gotta go .. hubby is home and wants to EAT !!!!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:54 PM   #11  

Smile

Lisa: I LOVE auctions.

Out of curiosity - role call on if you have auctions where you live????
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:09 PM   #12  
a work in progress...

Do you mean auctions where you bid on stuff? Or the kind with vendors and people selling all kinds of stuff...like having a garage sale, but at a communal place. We have that kind of auction here. I suppose we have the other kind too, but I wouldn't know where. I like going to the auction, but haven't been in quite a few years.

Allright, I was just being nosy...I have to go to work now. Nighty night, all...

katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 10:38 PM   #13  

Melissa I had many days when i felt like you do and I just had to learn I could not and would not ever be perfect. I dont beat myself up for getting off program I just try and find what triggered that binge and plan on how to avoid it in the future. in anycase take it one minute at a time if you have to.
dowsx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:06 PM   #14  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

wow you guys are so awesome..thank you for all the encouragement it's what i needed.

julie, you look fantastic and your story is really inspiring i can't believe it only took you a year to lose all that weight!! that is so incredible. my thing is feelign tired and run down all the time, i can't let this ruin my life. sure the aesthetics are important, but getting out of breath, feeling to big for movie theater/airplane seats (airplane seatbelt extensions..gah!) TOTALLY unacceptable!

Ok, i see a little bit of talk about auctions...do any of you watch Bargian Hunters or Cash in the Attic? They're bbc shows based on digging up stuff in your house, or buying it at a flea market and auctioning it off.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2004, 11:32 PM   #15  

Lucky... we definitely have auctions here. All different types. It is sad.. but when people die the family members often have Estate Auctions and Estate Sales (high price garage sale).
Then we have just regular auction houses. Every Tuesday is Antiques and every Saturday is everyday type stuff. We also have Auctions as fund raisers for schools. They get some pretty nice items donated and then have both "silent auctions" and Live auctions.

When my husband and I got married we bought all of our furniture at an auction.
My parents made a living going to farm auctions and reselling antiques and misc stuff at flea markets. We have TONS of flea markets here too.

Melissa.. I have never heard of Bargain Hunters or Cash in the Attic.
I watch Antique Road Show and a couple of cable shows we get here.. but yours does not sound familar.

That being said.... let me end with.....

Going... going ...... GONE !!!!