Old 04-05-2004, 07:59 PM   #16  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Kirsty - let me get this straight -

Someone from weight watcher's called you and said you would be on your own because no one is quite as big as you???? That is a serious problem, i'd contact someone in WW corporate and tell them what the WW's are doing over in Scotland!! That's nuts and is ABSOLUTELY NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Mel
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:45 PM   #17  
Hang In There

Linus: What is Slimming World?
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:00 PM   #18  

hi i di i sent an email right off i was just about in tears heres me thinking i was doing brilliant and she made me feel like s**t barb slimming world is just like ww but a different plan you get green days and red days and as im a total meat feind the red days will suit me just fine quite a lot of the girls on uk are doing it with some really good results
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good evening ladies!

How did we do today? I had a pretty good day. I didn't walk the dog tonight because my foot hurt some and after jacking with the boat, just ran out of time.

Food was very good today. DH made a good dinner - a new dish from a WW'er cookbook. Sirloin, asparagus and grape tomatoes over egg noodles. We're getting better at keeping our portions real.

I'm headed off to bed to read for awhile. DH is watching basketball and probably won't stay awake for long.

Goodnight!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:31 AM   #20  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Posted by AmazingShrinkingGirl

Just thought I would bring our newbie over here for all of you to meet.

Posted by AmazingShrinkingGirl on 04/04/04

Hello all! I have been observing this Web site and forum for the past couple of weeks. Despite the fact that I have never participated in a message board before I felt I just had to join. I found the support and level of caring to be quite exceptional and I am so excited to be here! I am really struggling with my weight and eating and could use all the help I can get. Sometimes just the ability to express the frustration and pain of being overweight to people going through a similar struggle is enough to make me feel understood and not so horribly alone. I have a lot of weight to lose and a lot of years of bad eating habits to undo and I am hoping to do this with your help. I look forward to being a part of this community.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:08 AM   #21  
Michigan Old-Timer

Default Posted by Coffeedogs

Coffeedogs posted this on the bio thread, thought I would bring her over.

Posted by Coffeedogs on 04/05/04
Hi I'm new

I just found this site after researching for about an hour. I am almost 40 and have been overweight all of my life--actually since I hit puberty. I have tried every weight loss program and only get so far and then my body stops. This is so very frustrating. I need to find answers now. I have requested hormone/thyroid tests from my doctor and will be doing them soon. I can go all day with absolutly no hunger and still gain weight. Is there anybody like this out there? I am pulling at my last straw.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 08:04 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Good morning ladies!

Tuesday Tip day. Hmmm. Hey, have you all seen the "LaTortilla Factory" tortillas? They are excellent. One is zero points. They are great for a snack. I tried one with fat-free refried beans, bitz of cheese and a few black olives. Good jolt of protein with few points. I tried the garlic and herb flavor.

Okay ladies, we've got some great enthusiasm going. Let's try to keep it going. Pick out your success behaviors for today and do them! Help motivate someone else by posting the good things you're doing for yourself. You don't have to have perfect days. Just pick out what you can commit to today and do it.

My goal for the day is to keep my food within point range. DH will be gone tonight so I'm planning on doing housework tonight, walk the dog and maybe do pilates or the stability ball. Lots of water today!

Make today a great day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:30 AM   #23  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies!
Wow, the enthusiam is great around here!!! Keep it up!!! I am sorry to say I only have one goal for today - rest....I did something to a muscle in my back while painting on Sunday and I can barely move. I had a massage last night and she tried to work it out a bit, but it's still painful. So, I am laying on a heating pad and not moving much. I am gently try to stretch as much as I can .... I guess that's my goal for the day - stretching. I should probably throw my body into a shower as well!
Have a wonderful day!!
Love Ya!
Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:39 AM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

RISE AND SHINE !!!
I have two pages of notes to reply to and just can't find the time.
I have avoided posting at all because I don't have time to reply.
I finally decided to at least say hello.
I am sorry I missed your birthday Miss Meliss and Duckie.
And I am sorrry for your nightmare Barbg.
I am sorry I have not responded to you about American Idol Terri... and here it is Tuesday night again. LOL boy I really have not written often lately.
I am sorry for not welcoming the newcomers... WELCOME !!!
I am sorry for not congratulating everyone for their losses.

Gee... I don't feel any better after all of that apologizing. LOL
just know I love and miss all of you.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:50 AM   #25  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

My success behavior for the day is going to be treating my body right. I am eating a light, healthy meal right now, going to drink some water, and then I'm going to get some sleep! I haven't been getting anywhere near enough of that lately, and without sleep, it is harder to gauge my real hunger needs. After a proper rest, I plan to get my happy backside in to Curves and do some working out.

Andria

qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 12:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 340/240/155

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy Long absence

Hi Friends
Sorry for the absence but I've been so busy with school midterms and doing some major house cleaning. Everything is done now, so I have some time for me.
I've signed up for WW online, which has been great. I just love being able to enter my food and getting the points and everything added daily. So much better than to have to look it up or even having to calculate it. It's just the not having a groups support thats not cool.
But I have you all, again I want to apologize for not checking in and supporting you.
I wish for you to have a successful week I'll be back soon

Last edited by joe anne; 04-06-2004 at 01:02 PM.
joe anne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 03:38 PM   #27  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls..I don't have much to say except I feel really crappy about myself because I haven't worked out in like a month. Maybe more. I've been eating really well but I know I'm not going to lose until I get moving, I just can't seem to motivate myself. I'm just so down about lately, too
Anyways, food's been good today. I had an odd breakfast but I still counted the calories..kinda pigged out on those Quaker BBQ rings but stopped myself before I inhaled too many....I had some rutabega and salmon for lunch..not too many calories there..and hmmm..I ended up dividing the fish in half because I was full and wanted to save my calories for later. I'm trying to get myself to cut back to about 1200 a day, ideally. Does that sound like too little? Hmmm.

2cute i meant to mention this last time you said it - i can't believe you take notes!!! no wonder you manage to respond to everyone...that's dedication if you ask me.

Ahh well I know I haven't replied to anyone at all lately but I've been icky. Even meeting Yanni was a short lived exuberance.
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:39 PM   #28  
Dancing those pounds away

Miss Meliss ... dedication is all the people here taking notes of what they eat on a daily basis. Those notes are far more important than my notes. But thanks for the nice comment.

I came in here now to pass a note to BarbPA.
BarbPA .. did you see Dr Phil today ??
The beginning of the show was about an couple and IVF.
There is a location were they charge $20,000 but if it does not work...
YOU GET YOUR MONEY BACK.
I do not know if your insurance is covering this for you or how much it is costing you .. nor do I know where this place is... but the info can be found on DrPhil.com.
It is a new program and they refund your money so you can use it to adopt or whatever.
Hope this helps
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #29  

hi all well another crappy day too sore to do much of anything been drinking lots of water though ive discovered that if i crush lots of ice fill the glass then fill with water im getting nearly double the amount and for someone who doesnt like water this is a good thing miss meliss whats a rutabega and who is yanni ????
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 06:54 PM   #30  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi all.

As always I apologize for being gone for several days. As I always mention, I don't have a computer at home and when I'm busy at work I don't always have free time to post.

My time today is limited but I had to stop in.

Congrats to everyone on their success in dieting and for sticking to it! I'm a firm believer that if you stick with it, it will work eventually. We all have (and I'm sure expect) highs and lows but I think we're all doing great!

Sorry I'm running off but here are my current stats. (Ignore the signature stats because I haven't updated them yet).

Height: 5'11", starting weight: 350
Diet start date: 1/12/04
Lost last week: 3 lbs
Lost total: 37 lbs!
Mini goal: under 300 by May 31st (or sooner!)
Goal(?): 200
Ultimate Goal: 170 (unsure of this but it's my goal according the height/weight charts)

Talk to you all soon and thanks for being here for me.
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote