Old 05-29-2004, 07:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Default 300+ And Ready To Try Again...#533

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

WELCOME!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #2  

Wow, tornadoes on the ground about an hour north of us. Its headed for one of the more popular boating and camping lakes in our area. Hope its a calm night tonight.

I just finished doing a Tae Bo workout. My first in about six months. I am pleased to have been able to do it all except for the last round of double time kicks. I like to sit and watch those.

I had a nice nap this afternoon. I must have been tired because normally I only nap for 15 mins but this was about 1-1/2 hours. I've been downstairs since getting laundry going and my desk cleaned off. Geez, how so much paperwork can stack up is beyond me.

DH is making chicken kabobs for dinner tonight. We did have brats at lunch but we paired them with WOW chips and we've done no in between meal eating. I feel we've done good with food for this day. And we've got good food planned for this weekend but will make the effort to make it small and healthy. I am going to make a WW german chocolate cake as soon as I find the recipe.

Kat - Come on down! After you attack my yard work, I'll take you on a nice long boat ride.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:15 PM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

This will be a short note to just let you know what is going on. I have not read any posts so I cannot reply. I am only home for a quick change and get more of my own medications and then I am going to be gone again.

My sister is in the hospital and is only given a 35-40% chance of surviving.
I have been in Missouri with her and just came home to get more of my own medications.
My brother is with her as I type. She is holding her own. She is stable but in critical condition.

Basicly she was having a terrible time breathing. When she went to the doctor her oxygen level number was only 76. It is suppose to be 90 or more. They admitted her for tests. They found spots on her lungs but they were not like pnemonia or cancer. They had to do a biopsy to determine what was wrong. The results is some kind of lung disease probably caused from having pnemonia at a previous time. She is in such bad shape from all the illnesses of the past, (cancer, spleen, blood problems )and the treatments. She has suffered soooo much. She was soooo afraid when they took her to surgery of dieing. The doctor told her she only had 40% chance of surviving. I can only see her for 5 minutes at 9am,1,5, and 9pm.

So you can see .. I am not avoiding anyone.
I am asking for everyone to please stop right now and pray for her. She has suffered sooo much. She needs a break. She needs a MIRACLE. My heart is breaking for her. She wants to live so bad. I hope that desire pulls her through one more time. I don't know how she handles all of this. She is a stronger woman than I am.

I don't know when I will be back. Please keep praying for her. {{{ HUGS }}}
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 10:54 PM   #4  
a work in progress...

Prayers for your sister and {{{hugs}}} to you, 2cute. Please take care of yourself, (I'm glad you came home to get your meds) you need to be strong and healthy to take care of your sister.

Lots of love,
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #5  

2Cute -

I'm so sorry to see about your poor sister. I've said prayers for you both and you will be on my mind this weekend. Be strong for her and take care of yourself too.

God Bless you all!
Old 05-30-2004, 12:57 PM   #6  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning all!

It's been a busy week here and this weekend proves to be just as busy. I need to get out and get some long needed grocery shopping done. Decided to invite my mom and my in-laws over for a barbeque tomorrow and I suppose it would be good to have some kind of food to prepare, ya think?

2cute: I'm so sorry to hear about your sister not doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours at this difficult time.

Terri: Wow, you guys have really been plagued by storms out your way. All we've had is the rain and wind. No tornadoes so far *knock on wood*. It sounds like you've got somebody playing on your boat. My folks had their boat parked in a little marina up north and they had the same thing. Found they had to empty it of everything each night or stuff would dissappear. It's really too bad that people can't leave stuff alone that doesn't belong to them.

Barbg: What a GREAT accomplishment, turning down the pizza party. AND then the trip for pancakes! WooHoo! I'm SOOOOOO proud of you!!!! Those are the moments that success are made of.

Katrina: Glad you got some of your yardwork done. Neither honey OR I like to do yard work so I have to really force myself out there to do it. I like the end result of how nice it looks, but I sure don't like doing it. We spent the day at the theatre doing trailer checks.

Andria: It's so good to see you back here. AND you're doing so well getting your trips to Curves in. I'm still paying, but I haven't gone since January! You'd think I would be better since the money is going out of my checking account every month!

MOVIE REVIEW: We were able to stay and see Day After Tomorrow yesterday. If you like disaster movies it was pretty good. It was slow in some sections, but overall pretty entertaining.

Well, my dears, I think I will head to the basement and put in some clothes and then see if I have anything I can make for lunch. Then I think I'll get dressed and go hit the grocery store while the men in my life sit on their A$$E$ all day and watch the Indy 500 and then the Nascar race. HoHum!

I'll catch up with you all later. Love ya bunches!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:41 PM   #7  
Michigan Old-Timer

Somebody mentioned a WW version German Chocolate Cake. Did you ever find the recipe you were looking for????

I was looking for a jicama salad I had seen and found this Upsidedown German Chocolate Cake. Don't know if it's the one you needed, but thought I'd put it over here anyway. Check out the recipe thread. That's where I posted it.

Hope you're having a GREAT weekend.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:01 PM   #8  

That's it!

Thanks, Thin!

This is a very good cake.

Last edited by Terri in MO; 05-30-2004 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-31-2004, 09:29 AM   #9  

Smile

My thoughts and prayers are with you too, 2ute.

Well, I am at home. Usually we take my Dad to the Memorial Day parade and the cemetary but it is COLD, windy and rainy here so we didn't go. I feel a little bad for not going but I also hurt terribly today so I feel I have a good excuse.

Are we staying on chapter 4 with Dr. Phil? I feel I could do more soul searching on this chapter and since so many have been missing and since I am the last person to post on that thread on May 27th!!!! I just wondered what we were doing???????

My friends visit Saturday was fun and graduation yesterday was emotional but L O N G.

Well, before I continue I have to have some
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:43 AM   #10  
Hang In There

Lucky, isn't this pain the pits? I find it hard to plan ahead because I never know how I'm going to feel. Today every join in my body hurts and I'm supposed to go shopping with my Mom and sister and maybe some more people. I'm always torn between going ahead and pushing myself, or just staying home and resting. I never know which is the right thing to do.

Well I haven't posted anymore on the book thread because like you I'm still soul searching on the things I've been reading. I do think I'll probally move on, but since 2Cute has been our leader in this quest, and I'm sure she hasn't had time of thoughts to really get into it, it might be nice to wait on her. Whatta you think?

2Cute, you know you are in my thoughts and prayers this weekend.

Thin, I think you are a better woman than I, or at least more energetic! I have been determined to get some things on ebay, but just can't seem to get it done. I've taken some pictures, I looked at the templates, I've decided on my seller name, but that's about all I've done. I really want to do this, but I don't want to have to do it. Too bad I don't know someone that I could say you do all the work, I'll supply the items to sale and we'll split the profits! That's really what I want. Know any one like that?

Terri, I haven't done as well as you in the food department this weekend, but I haven't been as bad as I usually am on holiday weekends.
ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 11:18 AM   #11  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everyone! Just a quickie post. I have everyone coming at 4:00 and don't even know what I'm making yet.

Honey and I are running around the house trying to straighten up. YIKES! I've got toilet bowl cleaner in the front bathroom, Honey's cleaning off the dining room table (since it seems like it will be too dang cold for a picnic ) And what am I doing you ask??? I'm sitting here talking to you all and checking my eBay stuff. Ooops!

Honey and I should have cleaned yesterday but NO, we photographed more clothes for eBay and I stayed up until 1:30 this morning getting it all posted. Sheeesh!

Barbg: I know what you mean. We started at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon photographing, and then it took me forever to post it all and that was using old listings as a template. Very time consuming. But I figured that if anyone that was bidding on the stuff I had up that was closing tonight chose to look at the other items I was selling, I wanted to have this batch of clothes listed too. So there I sat with my fingers going a mile a minute and my eyelids not wanting to cooperate.

Lucky: What is with this cold and windy weather? I'll tell ya, go see the movie Day After Tomorrow and you'll wonder how far fetched the movie is after all the crazy weather we're having.

On Dr. Phil: I can go and start your chapter 5 thread for you guys if you want to move ahead. Just let me know.

Anyway, gotta run before Honey yells. See you all later and have a GREAT day!

Good Bless America!!!
In Loving Memory of Those Who Have Lost Their Lives to Keep Us Free!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Memorialday.jpg (32.6 KB, 50 views)
Old 05-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #12  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

2cute, your sister is in our prayers. *HUGS*

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 03:25 PM   #13  

Hi ladies!

DH and I just got back from a few hours on the boat. It was windy and a tad bit chilly. But we had a good time anyway. Our lunch was fat-free hot dogs and light homemade potato salad so we're still on track.

As far as Dr. Phil, I am done with Chap 4. I also have his food plan book and started reading it today. My vote Thin, is to set up the next chapter for those who are ready but if anyone still wants to do soul searching on the Chap 4 thread, they can. I don't want to leave anyone behind either but don't want to lose our momentum. I think Chap 5 will be another important chapter to spend lots of time on. That's my two cents. Thin - That gives you time to catch up too!

Like I said, I started reading his food plan book today while out on the boat. I really like what he said about counting calories and that if we get right about the portion sizes and the kinds of foods we eat, we shouldn't have to count calories. As much as I liked the WW program, sometimes I did feel almost obsessed about how points I had eaten, had left or how many acitivity points I had earned. Sometimes I felt like I traded one obsession for the opposite.

I did 20 minutes on the stationary bike before heading off to the boat this morning. Before its dark, I will have my outdoor bike down for a ride. I'm sure the dog will want to be walked before bed too.

Have a great day and don't eat too much!
Old 05-31-2004, 07:18 PM   #14  

Today has been a bust. I have a terrible sinus eeee thing going on - yuck.

The only thing I have done today is help my nephew fill 250 water balloons for water fight on the last day of school tomorrow.

Off to lay on the couch. My head hurts along with the rest of me today.

We have had 40 mile an hour winds with 65 mile an hour gusts - the house SHAKES.
LuckyLadyBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:07 PM   #15  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello all!!!

I know I've been MIA for the past week, but I've been adjusting to my new job (...and the 60 hour weeks that I'll be putting in twice a month..gah!)
I've been working 8-6 (with half an hour commute each way) all week AND WEEKEND. I had today off which was nice, although I had NO IDEA what to do with myself. I wanted to go car shopping cause my car kicked the bucket (well it seems to do this every month or so...)

This week should be relatively normal, just doing normal 10-6, and I'll have this weekend off. My back has been KILLING me this week..probably because I'm readjusting to the whole health care field (there's a lot of heavy lifting involved ...they lied to me at the interview :-D) So EVERY DAY feels like a Motrin day

So tomorrow morning I'm going to look at some toyotas, I sat in a Matrix today (the door was unlocked..imagine that!) and I LOVED how it felt. Do any of you have recommendations for roomy cars for us larger folk? I don't know if any of you have experienced discomfort while sitting in smaller vehicles, but I have. Anyways, I don't want a gas guzzler, but i'd like something that i don't feel squished in. I sat in a Subaru Forester earlier this year and my butt like MOLDED into the seat it was so small.

Well kids, I'm off to bed for now..but I just wanted to let you all know I've been thinking abotu you!!
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote