Old 03-17-2004, 07:56 PM   #16  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

My day started off on the oddest note ever. I actually got chewed out by my boss for being on time to work! Ok, it was seriously NOT funny at the time, but now that I'm home and in safe/comfy surroundings I can laugh. My boss admitted that he probably needs to be medicated, but says he can't afford it. The other woman in the office and I offered to take up a collection. Yeah, he really was that bad, but he is awfully funny and easy to get along with when he cycles back to normal. He was gracious enough to laugh at our offer. He was just upset because he wanted to work at my computer since it is so much faster than his, and he thought I wasn't coming in until noon today. I had given him my schedule and he approved it, so he should have known? At least I wasn't there the last two days. He ripped my desk apart, threw files on the floor and in the garbage, you name it. He has been on a major rampage.

In case any of you are wondering, I'm sticking with that job until I have health insurance at the night job or find something better with benefits. During that time, we will also have paid off the very last of my student loans, DH's car and 1-2 small credit cards. Yes, I am a woman with a plan! With those other bills out of the way, and if job situations don't change too dramatically, I can have everything else paid off within a year.

Ok, so far this has had nothing to do with my weight loss and getting healthier, at least not on the surface. Actually, it does have a lot to do with it though, because getting all the other stuff good works to the positive for my body as well. If I'm not stressing over this other junk, I don't want to stuff it down with a lot of food. We'll just say that I'm approaching this problem from all sides!

My girls have been working hard while I was writing because they want me to take them shopping tonight. Since they are finished, I guess I'd better get off here and out the door?

Take care, all!

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:18 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers today. The surgery went very well. I didn't get to talk to the Dr. afterwards but Jeff did and the Dr. said all now looks great for the next stage of this adventure!

I am still very groggy and sore and only out of bed for a few minutes to stretch my legs. I was put under general anesthesia for the surgery, which I haven't had since I was about 17. When they were rolling me into recovery I woke up bawling They kept asking me if I was in pain and why was I crying? I just kept saying "I don't know". They told me that anesthesia can have that affect on some people. I got some extra drugs through IV for the cramps I was having and now I just need to take it easy for tonight and tomorrow and then I should be good to go!

That's my update for the night. I have a horrible headache and can only assume it's from all the drugs, so I am going back to bed!

Thanks Again! I love you all!

Barb
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 09:36 PM   #18  
working off those pounds

S/C/G: 350+/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Red face

Hey girls, thanks for all the encouraging words. Today was a pretty good day...I even left enough free points to drink a frappuccino from Starbucks (five points for a grande, in case anyone cares )..but other than that it was just another day Writing down all the foods i eat really does make me stay under my points ...imagine that...and I have a great memory..but imagine my shock when i found out that a 16 oz bottle of Dole Orange juice has 4 points

Thanks guys for all the advice about the leg thing, I guess it's best to go to a 'back doc' instead of an MD, only because they'll be familiar with back related injuries. Chiropracters are doctors right? I'm sick of takign Aleve and having my legs feel like rubber at night from the muscle relaxent.

I'm pretty tired, I took Nyquil before i went to bed last time, so i didn't feel rested when i woke up.

Well I trust you ladies are well, and have a great day tomorrow. I'll be doing a Bonne Belle reset for the better part of the day...wahoo

And yes I know, I probably went too far with the smileys. I always discover new ones every time i look
VermontChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2004, 10:20 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Barb - I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well. Take care of yourself! That is weird about the crying. I had foot surgery several years ago and I remember hearing someone say, don't cry but then the next lady puked so I think it must have been me crying. Better to cry than puke!

Can we discuss Survivor?

American Idol? I don't think the tall redhead will go far. He's good but he's not pop idol material IMOP. He needs to perk up. I still think that little Jon guy is not good. He dances too much and his dad dances like a dork. But there are several that are really good. I didn't think the little gal that was ousted tonight was all that good. Not consistant enough. Well, I guess when I start recording CDs in my rec room, I can choose!

Well, I'm off to bed. The painter came back at 6 pm and just now left at 9. At least he's finished and we can start putting the house back together. I've already warned DH - deep cleaning ahead. I'll be anxious (?really?) to see the bill. He lives next door so he's not worried about being paid immediately. He needs help with his bookkeeping - maybe I should barter my accounting services for future work - like fertilizing the yard or painting the downstairs rec room.

Well, that turned into a long-winded paragraph about nothing. Kitchen looks fabulous. Medium taupe - beige with a gray undertone.

Good night ladies! My Janet E. book is calling.
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 12:01 AM   #20  
Dancing those pounds away

Terri... you and I agree 100% on the red head and little John. I HATE little John... and I don't say that often. LOL I agreed with who got knocked off. But I did not agree with the other 2 in the bottom 3. I was surprised the one Hawaiian girl wasn't there. She was "TERRIFED" while singing Tuesday. Not the one who wears the flower... I like her...but the other girl from Hawaii. I can't wait until little John goes... but I think it will be a few weeks still.

I am really frustrated with myself food wise. I have avoided the subject here because I know you are all probably sick of hearing me fail ... AGAIN. I really think I am not eating all that bad... but I gained 5 more pounds. I do know I am REALLY retaining water. My legs "feel" swollen.. especially in the mornings. I need to drink more water. The best way to get rid of water retention is to drink MORE. But I have also eaten a lot of high sodium foods.

Barb... I am so glad your surgery went well. My daughter had the same reaction when she was under anastiesia ... woke up bawling and did not know why. No pain.
The nurses said it is a common reaction for many. Take good care of yourself.

Miss Meliss... journaling is definitely a wise step of action. Journaling foods, exercise, moods, everything. Keep up the good work.

Andria... sounds like life is going well for you. I agree.. stress of life is definitely a factor in losing this weight.... or gaining. I am feeling the stress of not having my taxes done. Heck.. I have not even started. I find myself eating to avoid it. Grrrr

Syn.. how was your dinner out with your friend?? I am always glad when you stop in and visit. How was your birthday??

Kat.. I thought I was getting corn beef for lunch. I ordered a Rueben Sandwich.
My idea of a Rueben is corn beef and sauerkraut. What I got was ham and turkey with swiss cheese and coleslaw on rye. It was very good... but not what I was expecting. How was your corn beef???

well friends. That is a reply to everyone who posted since my last post.
Don't forget Thankful Thursday.... lets hear an 'attitude of gratitude' !!!!
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:58 AM   #21  
working off those pounds

In light of THANKFUL THURSDAY, I thought that I would post what I am thankful for.
-I'm thankful I have decided to do something about myself before it becomes a huge health concern. Last month my systolic was in the 130's, lately it's been in the lower 130's and teens.
-I'm thankful for a wonderful and adorable young man who loves me for who I am, who wants to help me shed this weight (literally).
-I'm thankful to have family who is very supportive, especially my brothers

Cheeziness factor: 7.5

Last edited by MissMeliss; 03-18-2004 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:07 AM   #22  
working off those pounds

Oh note to 2cute:

I just noticed your blurb about being frusterated food-wise. It seems like there's always something we are eating too much of, doesn't it? I mean if you opt for a low fat diet, it's high in sugar....if you opt for a low carb diet, it's high in sodium. I remember you mentioned how good you always felt doing a low carb diet...is that what you are doing now? Maybe it's time to go back to the 'strict phase' of the south beach, or if Atkins has worked for you..maybe that should help? You lose a lot of water during the strict phases of these diets (amazing, considering the sodium rich foods we inhale eating all that meat)

Just an idea, I know by now we all know what works and what doesn't..and that it's never over until we take a step back for every two we take forward.

Good luck today!
Old 03-18-2004, 07:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies,

A quick Thankful Thursday as I have 8 mins left on the laptop battery!

I'm thankful for.....having God in control of my life and that he is there to be strong for me; I'm thankful for my husband (most days) and the life we are NOW leading; I'm thankful for a good job; I'm thankful for my family and friends that care and accept me for being me. I'm thankful that we live in a country based on Freedom, individuality, and love. I'm thankful for my friends here whom some of I get to meet in just a little over a month!

Have a great, wonderful, rejoicing in life kind of day!
Terri in MO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 08:46 AM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!

I am up and around the only complaint I have now is a whopper of a headache. A nurse just called to check on me and said I probably got a little dehydrated and to drink lots of fluids today. Other than that the rest of me feels pretty good - slow, but good! I told work I'd occassionally check e-mail and voicemail today but other than that I am taking it easy!

SURVIVOR? Yes, please feel free to talk about it! I did manage to stay up and watch it last night!

I only 1/2 watched American Idol this week so I can't really comment on that one.

On this Thankful Thursday (and everyday) I am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life - my family, my cyber family, my dear friends and of course my wonderful husband! I am extremely thankful for the opportunities we have been given in life!

Love Ya!
Barb
Old 03-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #25  
Dancing those pounds away

I am thankful for everyone here... and a special thank you to Miss Meliss this morning.
I am thankful for "Spot Shot".
I am thankful for Spring ... but today it is going to be more like summer.
I am thankful that I lost those 5 water lbs this morning.
I am thankful for my family.
I am thankful for my new home.
I am thankful for second chances.
2cute2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 10:02 AM   #26  
I've got my eye on you!

Hey girls. I ended up having to go back to the doc for tests. My doc was a little worried I might have ulcers. Good news though, the tests came back negative. So I am thankful for that.

Ohhhhh well I need to offer up some musical recommendations. Now my mom probably wishes I wouldn’t, but I’ve fallen in love with a few great songs recently and I need to share. Musical inspiration is important to me so I am going to pass on my favs.

“Maps” Yeah Yea Yeah’s, “I believe in a thing called love” The Darkness, “April Fools” Rufus Wainwright.

If you check em out I hope you enjoy. Have a great day girls.

Thanks,
Blue
BlueHairFawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 01:47 PM   #27  
Making myself proud.

S/C/G: 375/ticker/200

Height: 5'11"

Hi ladies.

Not much to say today. I'm having a typical day at work, nothing extraordinary but still feeling the stress level being lowered A LOT by the person who wasn't working out quitting the other day. It's funny how one little thing like that can make a big difference in the work place as a whole.

My dieting is still going great. I feel more inspired as each day passes. I'm getting very anxious to start exercising. I know now it's probably too hard on my joints but I kind of feel like trying it out just to see. I can always quit if my knees start hurting again etc. right?

I wish that I knew you all better so I had more to talk about. What can we talk about to break the ice? Any ideas?

Thanks for being here to listen to me babble on. lol.

Ingrid
Stinger766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 03:30 PM   #28  
You and Me in 2003

Hi alll I'm still here lurking
Grannie39074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:24 PM   #29  
BELIEVE!

Hi Ladies -
Just popping in to check on everyone. It's pretty quiet around here today. I am up and around still just tired and headachy --- DH, however, is not doing so hot at the moment. Actually he's in the Emergency Room and won't let me go be with him (doesn't want me driving). Looks like he has an infection from the surgery last week. Very uncomfortable and painful. I am waiting to hear from him. He's been there for about 5 hours and just saw a doctor. His own Dr. was out of the office today and couldn't see him until tomorrow so he didn't really have any other option. I hope they can give him some relief. I just feel helpless. I actually had a friend of ours on the way over to take me to the hospital to be with him and he nixed that idea. Even though my Dr. said I could drive after 24 hours he doesn't want me leaving the house.

I can't wait to tell our kids everything we went through to have them!

I am going back to bed to rest.
Talk to you all later!
Love Ya!
Barb
Old 03-18-2004, 08:15 PM   #30  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Ok, this girly fell off the wagon at lunch this afternoon with DH. I am in the middle of beating myself up for not just saying no to dessert. And when I did say yes, why didn't I just walk away after a couple of bites? I have been turning down other yummy items with no problem and feeling really good about those accomplishments. I have allowed myself just enough to not feel deprived. This afternoon I didn't feel deprived. I was just sitting there enjoying lunch and wanted to eat like a normal human being. Or, is it that I wanted to eat like what my perception of a normal human being is? My thin sister wouldn't eat a big dessert after downing a monstrosity of a chicken sandwich. That is part of how she stays thin!

I am trying to put some stop gap measures into place. I made sure to go work out, even though my belly was begging me to do anything else (a nap sounded like a much better option!). I'm going to make a big bowl of steamed veggies to eat at work tonight. I'm also downing water as we speak. None of those things can change what is already done, though.

Andria
qsilver is offline   Reply With Quote