Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 03:24 AM   #16  

Good morning chickies!!

2Cute: I'm sorry you're still sick dear. I'm glad to hear you're feeling somewhat better. You're previous post just brought tears to my eyes. I wished I could just give you the biggest hug. And now, if I'm not shifting gears too fast for you....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Duckie: Congrats on 8.25 pounds gone!!! That's excellent!!

Welcome Yogakitty!!! Hope to keep hearing from you.

Syn: I know you are right. I should be thrilled to death. I don't know why I'm not. I know a year ago I'd have been thrilled to weigh 166. I guess I may never be happy. I still look in the mirror and see nothing but gross fat. I guess being obese is as much in our heads as it is on our bodies, and my mind hasn't lost any weight yet.

I'm not sure what it will take for me to comfortable with myself, since I never have been. My DH is so good to me and I am so lucky to have him. He said he loved me #90 pounds ago, and loves me now, he just wants me to love myself and be happy. He is willing to do whatever to make that happen. We've been desperately trying to save money, and when I mentioned a tummy tuck and buying new clothes, without hesitation he told me to take all the money in the account if I needed it. Whatever would make me happy, I should do it. How did I get so lucky?? Of course, I can't justify spending the money, but it's the thought that counts.

So it's going to be quite a weekend at my house. My friend is going into the hospital today, so I am going to have her 3 girls for the weekend. They are very good kids, so it's not bad. It's just kind of overwhelming to be the "mother" of 5. I'll have to do dishes after every meal!!! I'm praying for sunshine so I can send them all to the park for a while. Cross your fingers for me.

Hello to everyone else! I will try to get back on later, but not making any promises with 5 kids in the house!!

Talk at ya later,
Jen
Old 02-12-2004, 07:57 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies!

Last night DH and I actually went to a movie! I was just about giddy. Its been so long since he and I have done something that resembled a date. We saw Mystic River. Awesome movie.

Yesterday was a bad food day. Hormones out of whack or just plain stupid. Whatever, its a new day and it will be a OP day.

I've done my pilates for Buns & Thighs and part of the Abs. Does it count if its still playing while I type? Maybe if I hold my stomach in? But, I do feel better for having moved the body.

2Cute - Get some zinc! Happy Birthday!

Alison - Welcome to the group!

Okay, rest time is over. I better go see if there are any bills I need to pay and then get my butt moving for work. Bleh.

Have a great day! Its Survivor night!
Old 02-12-2004, 10:36 AM   #18  
BELIEVE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2CUTE!!!!

Love Ya!!!

Old 02-12-2004, 10:55 AM   #19  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY dear 2 cute
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you
and many more!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #20  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 CUTE
Old 02-12-2004, 12:26 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Add my Happy
Birthday
to the rest of them, hope you get to feeling better soon.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:11 PM   #22  
Plush Princess

Happy Birthday, 2cute!!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes! I will do my best to get to know everyone! I used to be terrible at following up with message boards, but after my engagement and marriage last year, I'm a pro! I was a very active poster on theknot.com and met some really great women - I'm sure I'll have the same experience here!

And I'll get to work on my bio as well!
Old 02-12-2004, 01:38 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Ahhhh : You guys are so sweet ... thank you.
I have been in bed all day. I am not feeling much better.
My daughter just called and is on her way here.

This isn't my idea of a Happy Birthday Home sick in bed.
My husband disappointed me today too. LOng story I won't go into.
BUT... again... I am aware I am overly sensitive now being sick and all.

I want to welcome the newcomer.
Yogakitty ... we are glad to have you join us.

I am headed back to bed.
Thank you again for all the birthday wishes.
Old 02-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #24  
BELIEVE!

Hi Girls!
Well, DH blew the South Beach diet for me this week! I can't completely fault him - he tried to keep it healthy. He sent me a big bouquet of FRESH FRUIT! I have to give him major kudos for sending me a healthy Valentine's gift instead of chocolate or cookies. I think he is getting the idea of the whole healthly lifestyle. Unfortunately he just didn't realize that on the first 2 weeks of SBD we aren't suppose to eat fruit. Well, I figure if I am going to cheat a little there are definately worse ways to cheat than fruit! I wonder if I can freeze it --- does any one know if you can freeze fresh fruit and still have it taste good?? It's grapes, strawberries, cantoloupe, kiwi, pineapple and honeydew.

My appts. went ok yesterday. The first was with my endocrinologist. Looks like we've found the right dose of synthroid to get my thyroid function to the correct level! Then I went to the dentist! Unfortunately I have two teeth that were filled as a kid and over the years the fillings are starting to break down and there are small cracks forming so I have to get two crowns! YUCK!!! I hate having my mouth worked on!!!!

I'm looking forward to Survivor Night!!!! I am going to try to get 45 minutes in on the treadmill before hand so I can sit on the couch under a quilt in my jammies with no guilt!!

Gotta run for now gals!!
Have a great day!
Barb
Old 02-12-2004, 06:33 PM   #25  
Michigan Old-Timer

WOW! This place got quiet for the last 4 hours. Where is everybody? Must be contemplating the strategies on The Apprentice and Survivor, eh???

I've been messing with my new digital camera. BTW, did I tell you I bought one? Well I did. My first E-bay auction. WooHoo.

Yesterday my SIL called at 7:15 AM and told me about the US Mint being at Greenfield Village (it's a park/museum that has all these cool old houses of famous people and others that have historical significance) for a ceremony that launched it's first commemorative silver dollar for 2004. It is in honor of Thomas Edison's 125th birthday, which was yesterday. Anyhow, I got out of bed and went to the village, trudged about a mile in the cold to where they were having the ceremony (on the front porch of Thomas Edison's Menlo Park Laboratory where the first lightbulb was made), then walked over to where they were actually selling the coins and waited in line for 3 hours to buy coins and get my Certificates of Authenticity signed by the Director of the US Mint and by Thomas Edison's 2 grandsons that were there. I will try to put a picture on the picture page of the guy who was dressed as Edison posing with the two actual grandsons.

Gotta run. I'll be back later. Love ya bunches.
Old 02-12-2004, 06:46 PM   #26  
BELIEVE!

Good Evening Gals!
I love Thursday nights. I can't wait to get all comfy on the couch - curl up with a dog or two, or three and watch my favorite TV shows!

This afternoon was a bit of an emotional roller coaster for me. I have been feeling bad about constantly telling my boss I have to be off for Dr. appts so I decided to tell him a little about what is going on with DH and me and all the fertility stuff. I ended up getting all emotional and crying when I was talking to him. I am a mess. I told him he may not want to speak to me when they start putting me on meds! He was so cool about it. I have a great relationship with him and I knew he would have no problem with what I was telling him, but I just wanted to be open and honest with him and he appreciated that! He was so great about it. I feel better now that I talked to him, but so mad at myself for crying. Sometimes I wish I wasn't such an emotional person! I guess that's just a part of me!

The last thing I want to do right now is work out, but I am going to do it!!! I don't feel like the treadmill so I am going to do my Pilates tape and then get on the bike for a little while. It was a good idea for DH to put the bike up here where we spend most of our time. Now I can work out in the basement or upstairs! Tomorrow morning I am hitting the gym!!!

Anyone have romantic plans for Valentine's Day? We are going to the Flyers/Rangers NHL game. I got club box seats from a vendor at work!
Then I think I'll make DH a romantic, candlelit, healthy dinner at home!

Yogakitty - I love the sound of the yoga practice you will be starting up (read it in your profile). Where in Maryland are you? I am just on the PA/DE border not too far from some parts of Maryland.

Ok, gotta go exercise before my evil twin talks me out of it!

Love ya!
Barb

Last edited by BarbPA; 02-12-2004 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:54 PM   #27  

Hi ladies!

I'm flopped in the chair ready for Survivor and CSI while taping Friends and The Apprentice. About the only shows I really like are all on the same night.

I could only hack 26 minutes on the spinner tonight. Not sure what's up with that other than mental weakness?

I went shopping at Bed, Bath and Beyond for a wedding present at lunch today. I love that place. I bought DH a new cutting board, new dish towels, a cordless vacuum for keeping the dog hair out of the kitchen, and the cutest little stainless still bowls for him to use for his ingredients (just like the chef's on the cooking shows). What did I buy me? Yankee Candle air spray. i did remember to buy towels for the wedding present.

I found a recipe in Cooking Light for Chunky Potatoe and Crab Chowder. A lightened version of New England chowders. DH is trying it tonight except we're doing it with clams. I came upstairs from the spinner and he had all his little bowls full of ingredients, plus a few others, and had them all lined up on the counter. i think I created a monster. He feels so special now.

This is great, I find the recipes, buy the stuff and he does the work.

Oops, time to run for the VCR in the bedroom. Bye!

Last edited by Terri in MO; 02-12-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #28  
BELIEVE!

Whew - just in time! 25 minutes of pilates and 12 minutes on the bike (boy I am feeling different muscles with it!). Now it's time for Survivor and CSI and much like Terri, I am recording Friends and the Apprentice - oh, and ER.

Time to relax...now if DH would just come home from work and join me! I usually end up watching Survivor 2x on Thursdays. I watch once by myself and then again when he gets home!

Chow for Now!
Barb
Old 02-12-2004, 08:05 PM   #29  

Okay, I have to make a smart *** remark. I read this twice and then LOL.

Quote:
waited in line for 3 hours to buy coins and get my Certificates of Authenticity signed by the Director of the US Mint and buy Thomas Edison's 2 grandsons that were there
Thin's buying grandsons!
Old 02-12-2004, 08:48 PM   #30  
I'm on my way!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2CUTE!!

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY STEPH!!
Closed Thread