Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 07:36 PM   #16  

Yesterday I was getting e mail notifications? Today none? I feel like I am so confussed. I came down with this horrible sinus cold.....makes you feel dopey you know.

Today was my first OP day....in a very very long long time. Tomorrow will be another day and hope to stick to it!!!

Hugs to all,
Old 01-14-2004, 08:38 PM   #17  
BELIEVE!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN!!!!

Just popping in for a quick Hello to let you all know how my dad is doing. The surgery went well. They removed the bladder, prostate and surrounding tissue. That is all being tested to determine the extent of the cancer - we should have the results in a day or two. Dad's in ICU, but looking great. He is very attentive today and already complaining about being bored - that's my dad. He's been through 25 various surgerys and still going strong!

I am doing well - it's just a stressfull time and I am exhausted. I did get out for a walk this morning which felt great!

I hope you are all doing well! I didn't have time to read all the posts! I am sitting in an internet cafe right now because the dialup from the hotel is so sloooowwwww!!! I need to get back to the hotel!

Love to all!
Barb
Old 01-14-2004, 08:42 PM   #18  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Jen
Old 01-14-2004, 09:22 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Jen: Happy Birthday!

Old 01-14-2004, 09:41 PM   #20  
You and Me in 2003

Still OP
Old 01-14-2004, 09:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hmmm, smilies are different.

For those of you who are struggling to get back into exercise because of being low of energy, you won't get more if you don't get to moving. You're going to have to get started and stick with it if you want to have the energy to really go at it and feel good doing it. I started back doing just 10 mintues and will be working my way back up to where I was. The more I do on a daily basis, the better I feel. I've got DH doing just 5 minutes a day to get started. Make a commitment tomorrow to do something - stretches, lift cans of veggies, walk in place, do an exercise video. Just get started. Then each day write down on a calendar how much you do - soon you'll be motivated to do something so you can write it down.

I'll throw out a Dr. Phil (no groaning! ) You have to "behave yourself out of the situation."

Barb - Thanks for the update on your dad. I'm so glad that he's doing well. Good for you for taking that walk. Take care!!

Everyone else - I'm half braindead and can't think right now. I read and think about you all and cheer you all on. And want you all back on track and working towards your goals.

Have a great day tomorrow!

P.S. I'm having KAT withdrawals! Where is that new computer?
Old 01-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #22  
Progress..not perfection

Hey all....

I don't have time for a long post, but I did want to say to Cano: I sincerely apologize if my response seemed curt or hateful. Sometimes it's hard to hear the intended message or tone when we just type it out. I think what I was trying to get across and maybe not very well, is that even though we are a VERY close knit family, we are NEVER too close that we won't accept a new friend. I can't speak for anyone else, but personally.... I hate it when a new friend joins and stays for just a small while and you get attached to them and then they leave. Sometimes it's hard to keep up because we move so quickly...heck, even I fall behind alot, but you are ALWAYS welcome here and I truly look forward to getting to know you better.

Having said that, I have to go and actually try and get some sleep tonight.

Happy Birthday Jen!!!
Old 01-14-2004, 11:55 PM   #23  
Dancing those pounds away

Arrow

Good evening ladies.... hope you are all doing great today.

Jen.. did you tell your kids it was your birthday?? Did you do something special?

Paperdoll/Pat... Low Carb chocolate is an "occasional" treat. For some people it works as a laxative... I am not one of them thank goodness. But it should still be used in moderation.
As far as exercise... I know how hard it is to do especially after working hard all day. BUT... once you get into the habit... it will make you feel energized instead of more worn out. You just have to DO IT ... and let it become a part of your life style.

Thin... *** Let it Snow *** Let it Snow *** Let it Snow ***
I hope you got your xmas stuff put up. I know how overwhelming it can be.

Michelle... Don't you just hate insurance. Ours keep getting less and costing more too. Unfortunately... I know it keeps costing the employers more too. We are the richest country.. you would think we could find a way for people to get health care within a reasonable cost.

Syn... I too am struggling. I have been getting depressed lately because of my inability to get my act together. I was even going to quit this thread and cancel the gathering and just give up. But then I knew that was not the answer either. I will keep trying if you do.

Mary and Sandy... CONGRATULATIONS for staying ON PROGRAM!!!
Please post it every day .. it offers me hope that I can too again.

Barbara... I am so glad your dad is doing well. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. I am so proud of you for walking. It will help in your spirit as well as you body.

Terri.... I LOVE YOU !!!!
You always know the right thing I need to hear....
Quote:
For those of you who are struggling to get back into exercise because of being low of energy, you won't get more if you don't get to moving. You're going to have to get started and stick with it if you want to have the energy to really go at it and feel good doing it.
I LOVED YOUR HONESTY !!! I loved you wisdom !!! I love you !!!
THANK YOU ...THANK YOU ... THANK YOU !!!

Okay... I am going to go lift weights or walk in place or SOMETHING !!!
I am going to BITE THE BULLET and JUST DO IT !!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 08:28 AM   #24  

Default Good morning

Barbg: I am so happy to hear your dads surgery went well and he is on the mend. I wish him a speedy/healthy uneventful recovery.

2Cute: giving you a real big hug. Don't give up, we are all here for you and have all been in the same place before. Yesterday was my first OP day in so so so long. So far today is going good, but it is only 8:30 a.m. . I am finding it easier right now to take it meal to meal instead of day to day. I bought myself some nice Kettle Corn 94% FF for work to pop when I get those temptations. I have brought my lunch to work the last two days, although yesterday I spilled half my salad on the floor , it slid right off the pile of papers on my desk and onto the floor....I was not a happy camper!!! Remember, Tina our wise one always says.....baby steps. So, I am taking the baby steps, so catch up with me and take some of these baby steps with me. I still have not added the exercise, because we all know how I HATE that word. But I will.

Okay girlies, I wish I had time for more replies but I am at work and the accountant is due in a bit to help me with these end of the year quarterly payroll tax things. Arn't taxes just the greatest!!! NOT!!!!

Hugs

PS) Some thread questions or notations? I noticed that the new smiles are gone? Then I noticed that up in the right hand corner of each post is the number of the post for the thread, has that always been there? I like it!!! Also when I scroll down I can now see the other posts and they are not inside a box like before and you have to scroll inside the box.

Last edited by peekabooangel; 01-15-2004 at 08:32 AM.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:27 AM   #25  

Good morning ladies... It is a NEW DAY ... a new beginning !!!!
Make it the best day ever !!!!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:14 PM   #26  
Walking by faith

Angry Hello Ladies

First of all to Jen Happy belated birthday! Hope you did something special for yourself.

SYN, 2 Cute, and anyone else who's struggling to get back on track: ME TOO! I've just picked up Dr. Phil's book again (after leaving it sitting collecting dust since before Thanksgiving ), and I'm getting on the program. Depression is hard to break through. Terri, thanks for your post about exercise. Not only will it jump start weight loss, but it helps with depression too

Sandy & Mary: WTG for staying on program

Barb: I'm glad your dad came through his surgery well

Chequita: Welcome!

Cano: I read the post about your DD. My heart goes out to you. My DS (17) left home almost 2 weeks ago. He's staying with a friend a few miles from here. He still keeps in touch; he even went to church with us last night; but he's got a lot of problems (high school dropout, unemployed). Don't give up on your daughter. I hope counseling helps

Have a super day everyone!
Old 01-15-2004, 04:57 PM   #27  

thanks for the welcome homebound. i just love dr. phil. i am not following his book religiously but he does have excellant advice and great tips.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:13 PM   #28  

I am soooo glad to see all of you newcomers
... but where the heck are all of the oldtimers?
Old 01-15-2004, 05:25 PM   #29  

Afternoon, An oldtimer here, reporting in. Love to see all the new gals!! WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME.

2CUTE, GOT YOUR PM, COULDNT REPLY BACK FOR SOME ODD REASON, BUT JUST SO YOU KNOW, SHARING SOUNDS GREAT TO ME........KNOW YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

CONFESSION, I AM HERE , AND I AM POSTING, BUT, I AM ALSO EATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Went to McDonald's a little while ago, then came home, had some fiddle faddle, abt 4 pcs, then ate 4 small cookies. SOMEBODY PLEASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE STOP ME!! my head is telling me "you are eating like this today, because, tomorrow you cannot!!! tomorrow you will exercise and eat right, tomorrow will be a new day. But who is to say I am not deluding myself into thinking that, just as a rationalization to eat today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHY CANT I GET MY PROGRAM BACK?????????? BACK ON THAT NEVER ENDING ROLLER COASTER AGAIN!!! ANY IDEAS???? I REALLY NEED YOU GIRLS RIGHT NOW.
Old 01-15-2004, 05:39 PM   #30  
Inchworm

Angry Room for another newbie?

I've been lurking a few days , feeling like this is where I 'fit in'. but Teri cinched it today with her lecture on exercise.
I re-joined WW a week ago, tomorrow is my first WI. Think I am doing just fine! but I do need to get back to walking.
I'm a Grandma that lives in Southern Calif for the time being, although preparing for a move to Idaho as soon as DH gets retired and we sell the house. (I should get a lot of exercise points just from packing)
More later
JOYce
Closed Thread