Old 06-06-2020, 03:05 AM   #1  

Default Venting and Questions

Hey guys, this is my first post on this website, came across it recently as I’m in a big slump and hoping to find inspiration, recipes, etc. and I think I’ve found a nice place! In February,2019 I hit my biggest weight of 337lbs, and I was SOO unhappy, I started dieting and exercising and was VERY slowly losing weight, from there I found this shake called Smashing Greens by MASF industries, which is like fasting, only the shake gives you your daily vitamins and nourishment, the weight started falling off, and between May when I started to September I lost almost 40lbs and was down to 298!! I felt so good at that time, except I then went home to visit family, then thanksgiving then Christmas and I hadn’t touched my shake in months and started eating more fast food.... fast forward to coronavirus quarantine added on all these bad habits and last month hit 333 pounds, Ive almost gained alll my hard work back and in the last 3 weeks started my shake and exercising, and got to 322, but it’s not as rewarding, and it’s so discouraging because in the back of my mind I’m so afraid I’m just going to gain it back again. On top of all of this, my boyfriend recently pointed out to me he thinks I’m starting some red flag bad habits, example being I weigh myself 2 sometimes more times a day, I’m so obsessed with my weight I breakdown seeing it fluctuate even .1 lbs up, and I’m just constantly depressed over my weight and body. Does anyone relate, or overcome this? I hate myself so much for rebounding to almost my original weight I’m just so unhappy and it’s so much harder to lose this time! Any and all advice is appreciated ❤️
Bruinsg63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

I can relate! First welcome, this is a great site, it's not quite as active as it was when I first joined 6 years ago, but there are still some good people here. My highest was 350, I lost around 40+ lbs inadvertently when I gave up sweetened drinks for water, before finding this site. When I found this site I was about in the 290's which is where I am again today, it's such a long story (child birth was involved) but this site helped me get to 209.2 my lowest adult weight before I fell off the wagon. The most important thing I believe is to believe in yourself, even if no one else does. Believe in what you're doing, is it working? Are you being kind to yourself? That is what counts. If you find what you're doing isn't working then allow yourself the space to figure out what will. I used to calorie count and have since switched to low carb and that works better for me, so much so I've been doing for over 6 months. There is something for everyone.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:11 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
I can relate! First welcome, this is a great site, it's not quite as active as it was when I first joined 6 years ago, but there are still some good people here. My highest was 350, I lost around 40+ lbs inadvertently when I gave up sweetened drinks for water, before finding this site. When I found this site I was about in the 290's which is where I am again today, it's such a long story (child birth was involved) but this site helped me get to 209.2 my lowest adult weight before I fell off the wagon. The most important thing I believe is to believe in yourself, even if no one else does. Believe in what you're doing, is it working? Are you being kind to yourself? That is what counts. If you find what you're doing isn't working then allow yourself the space to figure out what will. I used to calorie count and have since switched to low carb and that works better for me, so much so I've been doing for over 6 months. There is something for everyone.
Thank you! I noticed in some areas there wasn’t much activity but also seen some great people still here! And thank you for the kind words, I definitely want to try and better my mindset and be kinder to myself, while going through this weight loss journey for sure! ❤️
Bruinsg63 is offline   Reply With Quote