Old 04-13-2017, 12:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Default 300+ Club: April Thread

I figured I would start the April thread out since its halfway through already

I hope everyone is doing well! I know its Spring Break season so I'm sure everyone is busy
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:37 AM   #2  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Spring Break in TX is mid march. I hope everyone is having lots of fun.
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone!
I finally decided to jump back into this thread.
This place is like a morgue and I was contributing to that.
I am doing OK but really need to get exercising. That has always been my downfall. Is there anyone that feels the same way as I do? Do you have a way to motivate yourself?
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 07:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,
I hope we can get this thread up and moving. I am back after a long absence from the 300+ but so glad to be here.

I have been doing IF for the past 4 days and it has been surprisingly easy. I do a 6-hour window of eating with little trouble at the moment. Right now I am not so much trying to control what I eat as much as I am the times I eat. At some point down the road I might try to do a little LCHF but for now, I am good.

I am also going to start walking more every day to get in 10,000 steps. When we get out of school for summer I plan on going home and hitting the walking path near my house daily.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!
pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:46 AM   #5  

Hi Everyone.

Pam that is exactly how I started. Was shocked that I lost over the Holidays. I felt that my window was helping my body to heal by not having to work so hard digesting, producing insulin... I found myself not as interested in sugars/carbs. I am now more drawn to "Healthy Foods" I still have treats but not nearly as often. Listen to your body. We should have been doing that all along.

I still can not get into the routine of exercising. Does having a fitbit help that much?
Old 04-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #6  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Oh Hello

Yeh I have no excuse why I haven't been here Busy maybe?

Anyway.... plateau bus has came to town, its my own fault.... I seem to just wanna snack. Not on bad foods, just too many calories on good foods. But I need to keep busy, I have some scores to learn for drumming in Germany and through the season this summer for competitions, so lots of sweating while playing. I hope the weather gets a little better, I am not so fond of running on the treadmill, I would rather run outside, I get bored too quickly.

Also not burning as much calories as I usually did on my weights workouts, not sure if Its just my body getting used to it now, or I am maybe doing something differently, not sure. Anyway, I need to find a new way to burn calories. I think that I maybe need to bring my daily food calories down by maybe 100 calories as well.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:57 AM   #7  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/251/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm back. At first I thought maybe this forum closed but I glad to see that it's still open. I have gained 10 pounds of the 40 that I lost but I'm still going strong. No set back will make me throw in the towel.
Terra84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #8  
Natasha

S/C/G: 335/272.2/250

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back Terra Love the attitude.
Scotsgal I hope the weather clears up for you. Rain kept me from doing my walk Sunday so I know how you feel.
Ubee congrats on your loss over the holiday. i have a fitbit and I love it. I reminds me to walk more and to try a little harder to get my heart rate up.
Pam glad you are back and keep us posted on the IF. I have read a lot about it but was unsure if it would work for me.

I am thinking about going to see what my resting metabolic rate is. Has anyone had this done. Looks like it is about $150 which is a bit much but has the potential to help me get where I want to be. Thoughts?
ichoose2believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:20 PM   #9  

ichoose that would be so interesting. Let us know what you decide to do.

Welcome back Terra! How have you been?

Scotsgal have you ever tried calorie cycling? I never have but I am curious about it.

I exercised earlier then usual today and ended up very hungry. I do best if I exercise before bed.

It is nice to see this thread more active!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Hi guys! I've been away on vacation for a few weeks, so I haven't had the opportunity to check in. I've also really hit the mother-of-all-plateau's, which is of my own making. My eating has been fine, especially being on vacation, but I haven't been exercising regularly at all. We did some hiking on our vacation, but I didn't do any intentional or consistent exercising. I just haven't been able to muster up any real motivation lately, so I've been stuck at 247-ish for awhile. I tell myself on a daily basis that if I want to lose more, I have to do more and then I promptly DON'T. The weather is getting nicer, though, so pretty soon I'll have no excuse and I will have to get outside and get some fresh air and exercise!

Hopefully everyone is doing well!
Living2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 365/270.4/265

Height: 5 foot 2

Living2lose---You're so close to a 100 loss....would you mind sharing how different your health is now? I can use it for inspiration, if you don't mind
sweetcakes736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #12  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/251/150

Height: 5'2 1/2

Natasha ~ Hi, It's nice meeting you

Ubee ~ Hi, I've missed you, How have you been?

Living2lose ~ Hi, Are you new here? I've been a member since 2013 but I lost my password so I had to make a new account
Terra84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

ichoosetobelieve: I work at a waterpark, so for me I feel every spring break everywhere. We are busy from the first week of march till the beginning of May.

Ubee: I feel like exercise is my downfall as well. I've lost all my weight just from counting calories...which just shows how bad my diet really was before. Now that I'm starting to slow down in weight loss I've been trying to find time to do some actual exercise type things. I take walks in the park with my daughter but its really hard to keep a toddler motivated to walk a trail.

I had a mini vacation with my younger siblings and forgot to log my food into myfitnesspal and lost my log in streak. Kind of stupid i know but it was upsetting to me. Oh well. Im doing really well with the diet but I need to find the motivation to actually do stuff. All winter i told myself I would be walking everyday if only it was nice outside....well now its warm and i still keep finding excuses.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

its Autumn here so headed into winter... Yuck makes it harder to get motivated and go out for my walks as its wet and cold now...
with Easter and school holidays here its been a bit hectic and a bit more offline then used to - didn't do so great with chocolate avoidance but looking like we are back on track

Scotsgal what sort of drumming do you do

Terra84 welcome back...

ichoosetobelieve - great attitude I love my tracker too - not a fitbit but suits my needs .. they really do help motivate !
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 09:01 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Terra - I joined back in 2012 and was active for awhile. I lost some weight back then and then regained it and now I've re-lost that weight plus more. I don't get time to post super consistently, but I pop in when I can. I always make one of my goals to try and get here more often, but things always come up- I read the posts all of the time, though!

Sweetcakes - the biggest difference for me with my loss so far? I have suffered from chronic migraines and those have been significantly improved. I have gone from having 4-5 a month to having only one when my hormones are fluctuating. I also do not have back pain when I am sleeping or any issues with heartburn anymore. I can enjoy the things that I've wanted to do for a long time, such as hiking or just spending the day walking around the amusment park or zoo without knee or hip pain. I have fibromyalgia and I have fewer episodes now. When I do, I think that they seem less severe. I am no longer taking the medications for it. I can manage it with just ibuprofen when needed. I can run down a flight of stairs because I have balance, which I have NEVER had before.

Things that it has not helped with? I have low Thyroid levels, so my diet and exercise is a major balancing act. Tricking my body into losing weight is not an easy thing to do. I have low Iron levels, so I get dizzy easily and working out sometimes is a challenge. I suffer from stress/heat/exercise induced hives. Trying to lose weight and having an intolerance to exercise is hard and losing weight hasn't helped that. I have arthritis in my knees and losing weight has maybe made them hurt a little less, but u
unfortunately I will probably need injections at some point. AND I'm learning to embrace the loose skin, but I AM NOT in love with it.

So... I have the next three days off and while it is not supposed to be warm here, it is supposed to be decent. I am determined that I am going to get back in gear and start getting some exercise again. I've got to break this plateau eventually.
Living2lose is offline   Reply With Quote