Old 11-16-2016, 01:17 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 330/323/199

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Hi Lisa! Yay another person from Ohio Please continue to talk, it can get lonely in here. I'm going have to look into a weight loss class. I didn't' think to look at the hospital. There is an Overeaters anonymous meeting locally but I'm not sure about that one.

I'm doing good. I'm down to 315 (wow!) and seeing that on the scale really made me happy. I think i'm going to hit my mini goal of getting to 300lbs by New Years Eve and I have all of you to thank. Its amazing having people who know exactly what your going through.
RubyLeprechaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 11:30 AM   #17  

Hi Ruby,

I will most certainly post in here with you, I'd love to.

Yes, definitely check with your local hospital and see if they offer weight loss classes. It would certainly be worth a call. After the beginning of the New Year, I am signing up for a weight loss clinic, totally different from the classes. I will tell you more about it at a later date.

Not much going on here today besides me classes ending. I do have some chores to do around my daughter's house.

Ruby, that is awesome you have a goal. Mine is just to lose the majority of my weight by next April. April will be my 50th birthday. I haven't set a specific amount, maybe I should, just not sure how much to make it.

Well, I have to go for now. Much love to you, Ruby.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:51 AM   #18  

Yeah that was originally my goal too....to lose as much as possible...but I wanted something that I could achieve. Something that I could say I did. Does that make sense?

I only ate 664 calories yesterday. I know it sounds super low but I just wasn't hungry. I had 2 salads for lunch and pot roast with cauliflower mash for dinner. Oh and a 15 calorie sugar free Popsicle. I bought a spirializer thingy at TJ Max because it was only 2.50 in clearance. I've been putting off trying zucchini noodles and now I have a reason too.

Other than that life is okay. My daughter is having night terrors but she calmed down after about 30 mins. She didn't want me to touch her...just daddy. And she only wanted him to hold her so she could kick him. I know I shouldn't feel hurt because they say shes not really awake during those things but it did hurt to see her so upset and not want me. During the day shes all over me and I'm the only one who can read to her and such but idk. Guess its just something I'll have to deal with. Sorry about the off top rant
Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 342/235/150

Height: 5'4

Haven't posted at all this week. It has been a long week. I haven't been very good about exercising this week and the scale is showing it. I gained 1.4 pounds. My metabolism is awful. The Hashimotos curse, I suppose. Unless I eat perfectly AND exercise perfectly, I gain weight. It is enough to drive a person crazy. I have still been eating good. I don't eat sugar, artifical sweetener or anything with caffeine in it. Mostly because I have chronic migraines and cutting out the junk helps, but it does help with my weight too.

It is really nice to have a few more people in here chatting. I am trying to make it a goal to get back here more often, but life seems to be getting in the way of a lot of stuff lately...
Living2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:16 AM   #20  

HI ladies,

Sorry I did not post yesterday, I did not have much to say. Today is Friday, even though I am not currently working, I still love the weekend.

I am currently living with my daughter due to a kitchen fire. She will come home from work tonight and head out to visit her girlfriend. She won't be home until tomorrow so the pets and I will have to hold down the fort. I like being here by myself.

i am trying to get estimates to gut my kitchen and clean the house. I have been so slow in getting all these estimates lined up, it's hard for me to face this stuff. i get overwhelmed.

Truly, not much going on here really.

Ruby, what would be a realistic goal for me, my birthday is in April. How much should I be losing monthly? I really don't know? How old is your daughter? I was lucky, it was only Jennifer and me. I never married her dad. Jennifer and I were like 2 peas in a pod, she adored me when she was little, now not so much. Sometimes I feel like she doesn't really like me. She has a sharp tongue.

Living2lose, i know what it's like to feel frustrated, just do what you can do and know that in your heart, you are absolutely doing your best. Remember, we are on a journey and Ruby and I are here for you.

Have a wonderful Friday.
Old 11-19-2016, 03:39 AM   #21  

Lisa: When I first started I was loosing a huge chunk of weight a week, but now its gone down to 2lbs a week. Well some weeks are a bit more. Everyone has been saying 1-2 pounds a week is the norm.

My weigh in this week was depressing. I didn't gain anything but I sure didn't lose anything. Realistically I know that it could be worse but I was on such a roll and I wanted to keep it up. Oh well. Just going to keep going.
Old 11-19-2016, 01:50 PM   #22  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

I have been away all week with the family at the lodge in the freeeeeeezing cold weather which was beautiful but I would like some warm blood finally come back to my hands. I think I put on about 4.5lbs while away which has been very frustraiting, but from now until Christmas I really need to stop making excuses for not exercising and get out there and just walk.

RubyLeprechaun I am glad you like the apples. Very festive and tastey! I too need to boost in motivation to get moving, I feel that MFP is now lying to me about how many calories I burn. It told me that after walking 6,000 steps on a woodland walk that I burned 89calories that's not right. It such a shame about your daughters night terrors, but like you said, I don't think you should take it personally, even though its difficult to not be the person called on. Just let that slide and remember that you are the one there with her most days. I hope they start to calm down.

TracyB73 Welcome Back! Its all about baby steps and changing your lifestyle instead on going on yet another diet. I can't wait to be that skinny mini who eats nice and healthy and gets to treat herself at the weekend without worrying about putting on 6lbs

lisaloveshearts Hey, Welcome!! I am also a fellow Cortisone friend. I have been a Scottish Highland drummer for 15 years, and it has caused me to have tendonitis in my left and right elbow. I started to worry about needing surgery, because the cortisone wasn't working, but after a surgeon had an MRI taken, he realised that the pain was from the inside of my elbow and not the outside. Now my right arm feels fantastic! Just waiting on getting my left done. Well done on the loss btw, doing well so far . Kitchen fire??? my goodness, is the house getting fixed up? That's awful, I hope you had insurance

Living2lose I am glad I don't suffer from migraines, I am really struggling to cut out sugar completely. I wish I could wean myself out of having sugar in my tea, but I just don't like it I am on the up as well just now, But I have a goal for christmas and I am determined to get as close to it as possible.
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 05:19 AM   #23  

Phae: I missed you! I'm glad your back. Everyone has set backs but as long as you get back up, that's all that matters. Please don't say that you serve no purpose. I know it can hard to lose someone, I lost my step mother a few months ago, but you have to push through.

Its turning into winter here (boo). We had a dusting of snow, which is gone, but the cold stayed. I can deal with snow and cold but I'm not looking forward to the icy roads. Idk what it is around here but everyone forgets how to drive in winter. We get it EVERY year people. I'm also going to try zucchini noodles today. I'm a bit leery but I thought I would hate cauliflower mash and its now a regular addition to my menu...

Last edited by RubyLeprechaun; 11-21-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 11:43 AM   #24  
Determind Member

I am catching up on that gain, I am now only 2lbs up. I hope to see a little less again tomorrow.

Phae The lodge is actually a time share that my gran has had for 33 years we only own week 45 of the year which means it is always freezing! Ill attach a couple of pics I took. I am sorry that you have lost some dear people, coming from someone who's life at a very early age was surrounded by death, including the murder of my own gran who was about 45, death is spontaneous. I am a Roman Catholic who has a very open mind, I am not overly religious, but I do like to think that faith in yourself, and faith in other people, should play a large role in everyone's life. Because when you stop believing that you are worth something, the world becomes a pretty dark place to be. Keep your chin up! and start having faith in yourself

Ruby The roads are getting a little frosty here and winter has arrived. Currently at about 28oF over here in Scotland, luckily I am not in the highlands, I am on the coast, so it usually stays between 21oF - 37oF all winter because of the warmer sea temperature. Let us know how your noddles get on
Old 11-22-2016, 07:40 PM   #25  

Hi ladies,

I did not want you to think I'd forgotten about all of you.

I went to an emergency dental appt today. My mouth feels better tonight, still sore but no longer in agony. The 2 teeth that were pulled needed to come out. The one tooth, despite having a crown, was rotten underneath and had infected my gum. The next few days I will be babying my mouth, gently swishing with salt water.

I have been in such pain, I totally forgot to take the turkey out of the freezer yesterday. It's thawing now in the sink.

I'll post again soon about weight loss stuff. Hopefully, tomorrow I'll feel better.

Much love to all.
Old 11-23-2016, 06:11 AM   #26  
Determind Member

So I am getting even closer to be pre holiday weight, only got .8 left to lose before its all new lows again, I decided to go for a nice walk late last night along the beach front and I was go glad to of got up and gone. Today I have woke earlier to get more stuff done. I am going to go for a short walk before I have my lunch, then When my mum gets back from work I am going to drag her out after dinner for a longer walk. I need to get moving more.

Hopefully it will allow my weight to take a jump in a better direction.

Phae Aww I wish I had a deck, its not a popular thing over here. After living in the states I always wanted to be able to build an American style home here in the UK.

lisaloveshearts Aww I hope your mouth gets much better, a liquid diet is never a fun time.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:51 PM   #27  

Yup..so not sure if I like zucchini noodles. I mean it was okay but it's not my favorite like cauliflower mashed turned out to be. I tried it with buffalo chicken sauce and used the microwave method. I'm going to try it with spaghetti sauce on the stove and see if I like it any better.

I'm really nervous about tomorrow. I know I'm going to go over my calories. I'm definitely going to try my best but it's like everything bad for you is right in your face. I love potatoes and deviled eggs too much to not have anything. So I'm pretty much sure my Friday weigh in is going to suck. Oh well. It's only one day....how bad could it be...
Old 11-23-2016, 09:14 PM   #28  

Ruby, just do your best. Enjoy everything you eat, it's a day for Thanksgiving. Give thanks for all you've accomplished with your improved eating. It's a journey, one special day of good food isn't going to ruin what you have accomplished.

My turkey is back in the fridge. I am trying to think of ways I can get the skin as crispy, as possible. I am putting the stuffing in the turkey to get extra taste. We'll see how it turns out.

My mouth doesn't feel too bad today. I am still swishing with warm salt water.

Scotsgal, You are right, when my teeth were throbbing the last thing I wanted was food. Thanks to the dental clinic at Ohio State, I can actually eat tomorrow.

I went to Wal-Mart today and got my work out. Man, it was busy. I did not have to get too much, I got what Jennifer and I needed and got out in one piece.

Just a relaxing night here, getting ready for tomorrow. I'll probably post again tomorrow after we have eaten.

Have a great Wednesday evening.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 11-23-2016 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-24-2016, 05:57 AM   #29  
Determind Member

Happy Thanks Giving my American Friends!

This morning I got up at 9am, showered and had my usual 3 boiled eggs on a sandwich thin. It is absolutely freezing outside! So I think I will be having an indoor work out today. Will need to go looking through Youtube for a good one, Then later on after Lunch I will go for a little walk with the dog.

This morning, I weighed in .9 higher than yesterday Not sure how that even happened, I was really good yesterday and even went on two walks with the dog.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:47 AM   #30  

I survived! Well almost. I still have my siblings at my house (12,8,7) and they are pretty demanding food wise. I changed from a broccoli pasta to spaghetti because they all freaked out about broccoli, then after I made it they vetoed the pasta because it looked weird. Its pasta...bowtie tastes just like spaghetti noodles. Sigh. 2 out of the 3 ate last night.

I decided to not count calories on Thanksgiving. I'm sure I went over (mmm mashed potatoes) but honestly I dont think I did by very much. Then yesterday I went over because I had the kids and I think my Mom only feeds them Mikey Ds. BUT I'm back on track today. Its a new day

I did not go Black Friday shopping even though there was a chest freezer we were thinking about. I just didn't want to be out in that craziness. I hope everyone had a fun holiday!