Old 09-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #1  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

S/C/G: 365/284.2/200

Height: 5'9

Default Struggling today

Even though I just posted a few days ago about how excited I am to be under 320, I am really struggling today. I have so many cravings and I just want to eat everything. Consistency can be so hard. I've stayed on my plan today and I don't want to sabotage myself, but the cravings are so inssne. Do any of you have tips for dealing with this?

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 09-06-2016 at 12:50 PM.
SweetEpiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 03:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

Can you get out of your environment, go for a drive or walk, or watch a movie, distract your mind. I have struggled these past two days. Yesterday i put myself to bed early and the cravings passed. I also drank hot tea. That always makes me feel full. This will pass! Is it stress? Have you tried deep breathing and calming yourself down? When im at work i do this when i am stressed. It helps reset my mind.
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:20 PM   #3  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opine View Post
Can you get out of your environment, go for a drive or walk, or watch a movie, distract your mind. I have struggled these past two days. Yesterday i put myself to bed early and the cravings passed. I also drank hot tea. That always makes me feel full. This will pass! Is it stress? Have you tried deep breathing and calming yourself down? When im at work i do this when i am stressed. It helps reset my mind.
Thanks for the suggestion. I went out and got a manicure and pedicure and got some coffee which I drink black with a Splenda. That helped a lot. I also talked myself down from the craving. It might sound a little crazy, but I was talking out loud to myself and telling myself that I don't really want to eat that thing. I guess it helped because I didn't cave and I'm still on plan today.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 09-06-2016 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/305.4/unlimited goal

Height: 5'6"

I'm so glad you were able to push through it and you took care of yourself. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend the day. Wow, self talk can be powerful. I will have to remember that!
I plan on running up and down from the basement to do laundry and binge on netflix the rest of the night. Idle hands are my devil's playground. I hope this keeps me outta trouble! We are stronger than we think.
Opine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 08:45 PM   #5  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

That sounds like a great plan, Opine. I love a good Netflix binge.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 09-06-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:46 PM   #6  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetEpiphany View Post
Even though I just posted a few days ago about how excited I am to be under 320, I am really struggling today. I have so many cravings and I just want to eat everything. Consistency can be so hard. I've stayed on my plan today and I don't want to sabotage myself, but the cravings are so inssne. Do any of you have tips for dealing with this?
I don't know what plan you are on, but I know from past experience that when I am doing a plan that is very restrictive, I bomb out.

That is why I chose to do the original WW points plan, because I can have anything I want, I only have to know how to count it. I know me and know that I need to be able to have things like chocolate/sweets so I plan ahead and have Skinny Cow ice cream treats on hand at all times and already know how much each one counts in points.

I wish you the best!
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 09:57 PM   #7  
On Medifast 5 & 1 Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMERALDberry View Post
I don't know what plan you are on, but I know from past experience that when I am doing a plan that is very restrictive, I bomb out.

That is why I chose to do the original WW points plan, because I can have anything I want, I only have to know how to count it. I know me and know that I need to be able to have things like chocolate/sweets so I plan ahead and have Skinny Cow ice cream treats on hand at all times and already know how much each one counts in points.

I wish you the best!
Thanks! I'm following the take shape for life program. It's a meal replacement plan using medifast foods. I've lost 40 lbs on it so far. I think part of the reason why I was struggling today is because I ran out of the chocolate meal replacement treats and I love chocolate. I have a new shipment coming in a few days, so that should help. Take shape for life is super easy to follow and they have some great products that satisfy my sweet cravings. Just like you said, it's really important that the program fit with your lifestyle and my lifestyle requires eating chocolate. LOL.

Last edited by SweetEpiphany; 09-06-2016 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-04-2016, 05:16 AM   #8  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote