Old 08-10-2016, 01:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Default August Exercise Thread

I just wanted somewhere on here strictly to share what we do to be active each day. I was gonna make this yesterday, but thought maybe no one would want it. Not to mention there are not very many active users these days.

BUT I'm gonna post it anyways. Feel free to post here your workout of the day!

I started T25 two days ago. Man am I sore! Today my workout is the day 3 total body workout. Might also fit in a 1 mile walk, as I have done the past 2 days. Not sure if that is the exact name for the T25 workout I'm doing right after I post this, but close enough. 🙃
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:22 AM   #2  

Today I went and did 1 lap around the track... There were too many people for my anxiety to handle so I left. I also have day 4 of T25 schedule to happen in a few hours. I believe it is the ab workout.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/259.2/170

Height: 5'8"

You're my hero, alyssarof2012. This is the first day of week two for me. I'm wearing my Fitbit to remind myself that I have to add movement, but I haven't done it yet. I'll follow your progress to inspire me. Congratulations on getting started and sticking to it into day 2. That's a big deal.
SuzaGogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 10:02 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzaGogo View Post
You're my hero, alyssarof2012. This is the first day of week two for me. I'm wearing my Fitbit to remind myself that I have to add movement, but I haven't done it yet. I'll follow your progress to inspire me. Congratulations on getting started and sticking to it into day 2. That's a big deal.
Thank you! You're so kind. Congrats on making it to week 2! I am on day 4 as of today; my mom started with me but didn't make it to the second day. So it is definitely a big deal to get to (and surpass) day 2! Please keep posting your workouts here as well. Maybe having to post will also help you remember to get moving. I post a lot on instagram (I have one specifically for weight loss) and wearing my fitbit, posting there and posting here reminds me to keep moving and also keeps me motivated.
Old 08-11-2016, 11:42 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 386/367/175

Height: 5'8

Hi, I'll try to come on here more. I do yoga and I love bikram yoga!!! I weigh 367 and I'm 5'8. I'm deal with anxiety from loneliness and have a bit of emotional eating problem but I know since I love exercise then eating in moderation is half the battle. We can do it ladies!!!
Lrivers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:43 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Walk walk and walk - my daughters and I play pokemon go on my phone - gives me company with walking and they are having fun too
also I take aqua jogging every wed and Thursday lunchtime and dance Wednesday nights..

so far my best day moving has been 24,500 steps on my vivofit
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:52 AM   #7  

Today is day 5 for my T25 program. There are two workouts: cardio and lower focus I believe they are called. Looking forward to tackling those in the next hour. I also have some heavy cleaning scheduled.... so that also counts (to me anyways, haha). No walk today, unless my mom wants me to do a leslie sansone walk at home mile with her.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:44 PM   #8  

Great to see this! You're all very inspiring.

I've been traveling this past week to visit very sick family members, so I didn't get any intentional exercise in. But I'll pick things back up tomorrow and join you all.
Vortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 05:13 PM   #9  

Today is rest day for the T25 program so I did 30 minutes of yoga using a youtube video by yogawithadriene (I believe that is her name). I feel so much better (had some slight back muscle pain last night).

@Vortex Welcome to the thread! Looking forward to seeing your exercise posts. I love seeing what other people do for exercise.
Old 08-14-2016, 09:31 PM   #10  

Just 20 minutes of kickboxing today. Weigh-in for diet bet tomorrow, so I didn't want to jump into exercise too hard today. Glad you enjoyed the yoga, alyssa.
Old 08-15-2016, 11:32 PM   #11  

Not sure if I posted yesterday but yesterday was a T25 stretch "workout." Just did that. Did T25 alpha day 8 with my sister today. She said she's never doing my workouts again. 😂 Lol
Old 08-16-2016, 11:23 AM   #12  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

I don't understand how ya'll are fit enough to do this much exercise. (This isn't any type of criticism, I am legit confused) 4 weeks ago I could barely walk 3 car lengths, now I have ramped it up to a half mile twice a day and my legs burn so bad especially on the second walk. Is it because it is different types of exercise? I tried adding in yoga this week and couldn't get past the opening stretch sequence. Is strength training a better option with walking or something intermittent?

I am mid 40's and was very sedentary the last year or so if that makes a difference. Advice would be welcome.
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #13  

Today it is crazy hot so I just did the T25 speed 1.0 scheduled for the day. Also will get some walking in (only because I'm going to quite a few stores, one being walmart, so lots of steps will be tracked on my fitbit ).
Old 08-17-2016, 11:18 PM   #14  

@lostbutstilltrying: I'm a lot older than alyssa (49 here) and I can totally identify. Before I started exercising, what, like, 6 or 7 years ago, I was much less mobile. I had a lot more back trouble and less cardiovascular endurance. I started slow and worked up. I still get worn out after, say 45 min. walking. But I also do kick boxing, yoga, various kinds of dance.

At first I was exercising purely to try to burn calories. Then I realized that even without weight loss, the exercise helped me be more mobile and fit, better able to do the things I want to do. So even though I've been on a roller coaster with weight loss and gain, I've kept the exercise habit and I think it's worth it even if I stay this weight for the rest of my life (which is not my plan).

Personally, I think you're doing great, but sure, diversify if you're interested. Maybe try some very easy yoga? (I started with a DVD called "Yoga for the Rest of Us" which shows how to modify basic moves.) I'd also say: If you think something is too hard for you, don't be afraid to try it but modify it. When I started kick boxing (another DVD), I probably kicked about half as high as the women in the video did. But over time I became able to do more.

Good luck!

Last edited by Vortex; 08-17-2016 at 11:20 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:01 AM   #15  
starting over again

S/C/G: 361/334/180

Height: 5'5"

@vortex and everyone else, thanks - I will keep going and try to figure out what works for me in terms of exercise
lostbutstilltrying is offline   Reply With Quote