Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 AM   #31  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

SamIam Oh My! That is not great news at all! Me loosing my job does not compare to the loss that you have just had. It would be great if you were able to get out to Colorado, my heart breaks for those kids. I cant believe they could not find a cause of death, would you say that she kept well? Let us know how everything goes. I hope you are able to at least get in contact with the kids and her husband will need all the support he can get. Try not to emotional eat, stay strong, be the shoulder for people to lean on. It will only set you off track on your new lifestyle.

Let us know if you need to vent on here.

Much love your way

I have decided to take the time to do something I always wanted to do..... Start my own company. I am fed up of people firing me and making up the most crappy excuses "I wouldn't of hired you if I knew you had Labrynthitis", "You have great Ideas but you don't implement them", "You are on a probation contract and I don't need this many staff anymore". Excuse after Excuse, but do you know what they have all had in common?? Fear.... I am a leader and not a follower, I am inquisitive, I work my *** off, I am one of those invisible workers that hold things together while the ones who are up cosy with boss and do nothing, get promoted. So I have decided to start my own thing.

Until I get it up off of the ground I was going to become a Virtual PA......

is anyone in here a Virtual PA? would be great to ask some questions about it.

xx
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIAm86 View Post
Scotsgal I'm sorry that happened to you. I hope you are okay and find another job soon!

Alyssa So happy for you to see you inspiring others. When people told me that it really through me for a loop because I never thought I could inspire anyone for anything. Keep going girl you're doing great!

Had a good week for weight loss. Finally slowly going in the right direction. I'm down 2.6 lbs this week.

I don't have much to say today...my heart is very heavy today. I found out last night that my sister in law (she's really my brother's ex girlfriend) passed away in her sleep early Friday morning. Her husband said when he woke up that morning she sounded like she was having trouble breathing so he tried to sit her up and then she completely stopped breathing and had to do CPR. By the time she got to the hospital she already passed. They did an autopsy but doctors can't find anything for a cause of death. She just had their baby turn 1 and she is the mother to two of my nieces. Shailyn started 2nd grade and McKenzie just started Kindergarten. I'm more worried about the girls than anything else. My brother is not what you would call father material. That's part of the reason I don't talk to him unless I have to. Her husband is wonderful and told me that he didn't want to break the girls up and wants to raise them all himself. My brother does not know yet but I'm not sure how he's going to take this news. They all live out in Colorado so my chances of getting out there to see the girls and attend the funeral are pretty slim. My mom lives in my town but is going to try and go there for a couple of days if she can.

Trying really hard not to want to emotionally eat. I haven't done it in a long time so I hope that helps. Right now I'm just so numb. Need to get the chores done...maybe that will help me take my mind off things. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday
Wtg! 2.6 lbs is great!
So sorry for your loss! That is really sad and a terrible way to go. Stay busy so that you continue to not emotionally eat.
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #33  

@Scotsgal That's a great idea! Good luck with your entrepreneurial venture.

My scale broke and today was weigh in day. Gotta go out and get a new scale tomorrow morning. I worked out with my sister today. She barely made it through and said "I see why mom stopped doing this!" Haha She said she's never doing it again. I asked my mom would she do the day 9 total body workout with me tomorrow and she said yes. So that is promising. There was no maybe/probably not in her voice.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:16 PM   #34  

Lost 6 lbs since starting T25 last week. This was really awesome to see. Looking forward to continuing to do this program every day. The program ends the weekend of my 23rd birthday (the last actual workout being the day before my birthday, rest day and stretch day are on that weekend). Crazy to imagine how much better I'll look and feel doing this everyday until mid-November. I've started to wonder what I will do once this is over...
My mom worked out with me yesterday! Not gonna do it today, though. I guess everyday workouts are not quite what she can manage to do right now, which is okay. As long as she keeps making strides in the right direction.

Last edited by alyssarof2012; 08-17-2016 at 05:17 PM.
Old 08-19-2016, 11:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Guys,

Quick post since I'm at work but wanted to thank you all for being so sweet and supportive. It means a lot. I am leaving today for Denver to be with my nieces, my brother and their step dad. My mother is coming with me. They cremated my SIL on Monday and Sunday they will be having a celebration of life for her on her dad's ranch. I have never flown before so I am very nervous and scared. I've been sick to my stomach all week. I did manage to get 2 workouts in this week but by Wednesday I felt too sick to go. Yesterday I had to run errands and pack and was still feeling sick. I haven't been eating too much after breakfast. Not really any lunch and a small dinner. I have been eating crackers and that has seemed to help but I am still trying to watch my fat and carbs as much as possible until I get back. Mom and I will be back Monday evening. I will keep you guys updated as much as I can.

Wish me luck! Thanks again everyone...It means more than you'll ever know.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 06:28 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Sam; Wishing you luck - and keep looking after yourself too, you will be okay with the flying - is it the thought of flying making you ill or the stress of everything . have you heard of rescue remedy - herbal calming stuff know a couple of ladies over here that swear by it - I cant use it due to allergies but it even clamed cat travelling to /from the vet

Alyssar - hope you have your new scales sorted

doing a quick catch up after swiping the laptop of the hubby he has been hogging it pretty much last 2 weeks
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #37  
Determind Member

SamIam Soo glad you've went to Denver. Flying isn't too bad. I've been on 12 planes this year already. The more you do it, the better it gets.

Just checking in with things at my end. I have now lost 25.3lbs since I started in January (and then re- started in June). This means I am officially out of the 300's as I am now 297.7 (please don't throw me out).

I still cant really feel it or see it, I cant wait to start to notice the difference considerably. I am aiming to of lost another 25lbs by xmas time, that is just under a pound and a half a week :/ not sure if its possible but I will work my butt off to get close to it anyway.

Still using MFP and tracking 1200-1350 calories daily. Trying my hardest to get over 5000 steps a day (which doesn't sound a lot, but when your stuck on a computer it is). Those 5000 steps are also usually on sand which means they are a hard 5000.

The business is nearly up and running, just finalising my logo so that I can send it to the printers for my business cards and T-shirts. The website is also nearly complete its exciting

Hope everyone is well
Old 08-26-2016, 07:18 AM   #38  

Height: 5'7"

We have been doing low carb for 6 months. Hubby had his checkup on Wednesday and his levels are perfect. His A1C went from 7.8 to 5.3!!! He has lost 30lbs and I have lost 40lbs!!
I am actually looking forward to going to the dr myself lol
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:04 AM   #39  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Roosters are Men? and Chicks are Women? Just curious
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 04:55 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Lightbulb This HAS to be the last time!

Hi everyone! I'm Shannon and I'm at it again, this time HAS to be my last. At 37 years old, I know that if I don't get this weight off of me soon I'm going to start seeing the negative effects (diabetes, blood pressure, heart disease, etc.) and am beyond grateful that it hasn't happened already. I have been either "on a diet" and losing weight or "off a diet" and gaining weight my entire life. I have done WW, Ideal Protein, Low Carb, No Carb, Counting Calories, Vegetable soup diet, you name it. They all "work" then I go off them and gain back it all and then some.

My lowest adult weight was 225 and I felt AMAZING! I know it's technically still overweight, but I felt good. In 2011, weeks after having my son, I was diagnosed with a non-cancerous brain tumor, by God's grace my surgery was successful and I am still here mostly unscathed. The thing I am most disappointment in is that I was given this second chance at life and am not living it. I have passed up trips to Disneyland for my son, family cruises, sporting events, and other things because my weight is now becoming a disability to me (I can't fit in seats.)

For the past 2 years I have had failure to launch a diet and stick to it for more than 3 days at least 10+ times. It's not that I don't want it, so I don't know why I can't get it together. Anyway, this time I'm taking a new approach, knowing this will be a lifestyle for me I'm trying NOT to go on a diet. It's unrealistic for me to count calories for the rest of my life, I have proven I won't stick to it. This time I'm going to try to make consciously healthy food choices, and move more everyday. I haven't ever taken a more casual approach like this, so I'm hoping (since this will be a long road) that maybe this will work. Has anyone else done it this way?
ShanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #41  

@dgramie wtg to both you and your husband! Amazing accomplishments!
Old 08-27-2016, 10:21 PM   #42  

@shanCo I think your new approach is a good one. Like you said, diets don't work for you. They really don't work for anyone. Most people fall off and gain the weight back. I'm happy you've redirected your mindset to a lifestyle change. I've been steadfast in my lifestyle change for going on 4 weeks now. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it is for me. My previous consistency streaks were like 2-5 days maximum before giving up and going back to old habits. The biggest thing I've changed so far is working out even when I don't feel like it. The mental battle on unmotivated days is rough. If I somehow don't end up working out, I get back on track the next day and will actually do the workout I was supposed to do the day before in addition to the one for that day. Food is a bigger problem for me, but I log everything I put in my mouth no matter what it is or how much. That keeps me in line for the most part. I think the best tip I can share with you is to work out first thing in the morning as often as possible. I wake up an hour an a half before I need to start getting ready for my day so that I can start my day with exercise. It really guides your mindset and choices for the rest of the day. Days I don't start with exercise I notice more of my choices being less than ideal.

No matter how you end up going about it, wtg for refocusing on this goal. You can do this!
Old 08-28-2016, 09:49 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 340/333/225

Height: 5'9"

Thank you Alyssa, and good for you too! 4 weeks is a GREAT accomplishment!!
ShanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #44  

@shanCo thanks!
Old 08-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #45  
Determind Member

ShanCO Welcome!!!

Like you mentioned, its not about being on a diet any longer, its about actually changing how you live your life step by step. At first for me I started off small, I stopped drinking fizzy drinks and started drinking water, flavoured water and flavoured unsweetened tea. I stopped eating pasta, reduced the amount of bread I ate each day, NEVER had fries or fast food. This meant that I was making myself think more about what I needed to make for meals, plan ahead and plan my groceries around the week. I would avoid buying any snacks which meant that the house never had any, if I wanted some, I would have to walk to the shop or do some sort of exercise to get to it.

I planned 3 days of exercise that lasted 30-40 minutes (that made me actually sweat). This could be going for a walk (that was hilly or at a reasonable pace) After a few weeks of this and loosing a good few lbs, I started using my fitness pal app. I know that you said that you didn't want to calorie count your entire life, now for me I did not realise just how much I ate until I started to count calories. This made me make even better choices when it came to meals.

Once I started to plateau I would up the exercise and reduce the calories to start it again.

Good luck! Just start changing one thing as a time, for me....... stopping the pasta was a huge thing, yet every individual is different.

I have lost 1 lbs a week since January 2016, slow and steady, I don't gain back, I stay motivated, if I have a bad day then I just start fresh the next day and maybe try and add in a little extra exercise that week to help out.

Good Luck!!!

Alyssa Well Done!! It gets much easier after the 4 weeks in my option, it just starts to become the norm.

Last edited by Scotsgal; 08-28-2016 at 04:23 PM.