Old 04-25-2016, 07:41 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,
I'm here. I'm sorry I haven't been posting as often like I said I would but I'm still here and I'm still trying. This weekend wasn't bad, DH and I went thrift store shopping and I was able to get a couple of shirts and two pairs of jeans capris. I've been on the hunt for some work pants, but for some reason those are the ones that fit me so weird. I've been mainly only wearing leggings to work because they're the only things that fit my waist and make up for my stomach that is sagging. I haven't been able to find anything like that in a thrift shop or something like a goodwill, so I am planning to go to JCPenney this week and see what I can find there. They seem to always have something that will fit me right. I also ordered a pair of jeans and a jean vest off of posh Mark and I got both of those for $16. I have the same pair of jeans and a different color and in the same size but for some reason this pair seems really tight and it's not very comfortable to wear. I think maybe it is because that pair of jeans have not been worn very much, and I'm sure gaining a little bit of weight hasn't helped either. I am noticing the scale is going down, but it's in the slow progress. I can't complain because I haven't been working out and I'm still seeing the scale move. At least it's going in the down position and not going up. We also got our plants in their pots and we have a lot left over. One of our friends is going to take the leftovers and whatever he doesn't take he is going to pass along to someone else. So now my balcony is full of plants...tomatoes, onions, herbs, cucumbers, and a bunch of other nice things. I am going to eventually add some flowers to the mix but wanted to wait until the season is a little bit farther along. I am pretty excited hope this garden goes well, DH has been very helpful with getting everything started.

Today I am deciding to start moving back into working out. I think today is just going to be a walk, and maybe try to get DH to come with me. I want to get back at it but I don't want to injure myself again or make things worse. I don't feel hardly any pain anymore, but my muscles are a little sore. I'm just going to take it one day at a time and even if it takes forever to get the rest of this weight off I am still in this for the long-haul. Like I said before I may never lose all of the weight but as long as I am happy with myself and my goals that I make for myself I am OK with that.

I know I haven't done any personals lately. I am really sorry that I haven't mentioned everyone individually but please know that I've been reading everyone's comments and support and it's been so great to hear so many people appreciate me and are happy to see me here. I have never had that kind of support before never in my entire life. It's very comforting knowing that I have people here that I can talk to without judgment and who can understand what I'm going through. We all have our trials and tribulations and no matter how long it takes or how hard we fall what matters is we get back up we dust ourselves off and we keep moving forward. We are the only ones who know what we can and cannot do with our lives and what we can do to push ourselves to the limit. If we all keep moving we will all reach our goals one way or another. It feels good to be back here and I'm sorry I haven't been posing as often as I said I would but that is something that I am hoping to do more often. With things going on with my injury, my grandma being ill,and trying to get this garden going it's been a lot to do and I haven't had much time to do anything else other than sleep when I can. Thank you all for being here it means more to me than you'll ever know.
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #122  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Sam— What a wonderful posting! I'm happy to hear your pain has backed off enough you're ready to ease back into working out and walking: I have noticed time and time again how good those activities are for your mood. That's part of why I'm so eager to get out of pain myself—so I can start walking around the lake.

I'm really focused, these days, on my goal of being able to get around the house 100% without the wheelchair. The only problem with that is I no longer have the pain pill I was taking, which was helping, because of my f**king insurance company. =sigh= But I'm walking around anyway, even though every step hurts like the dickens. Yes, I know: I'm stubborn, willful, and perhaps foolhardy.

Weight loss? I wish it were happening. But I'm not eating sugar, so I figure I'll just maintain for a while until I get this chronic pain issue sorted out.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:22 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone. It's the last week in April already -- time just seems to be flying by and I swear I never seem to have much to show for it considering that I'm always doing something.

Fi -- Getting non-FDA approved medications approved by an insurance company is always a hassle and sometimes it feels like their approach is just to postpone it long enough that the patient will just give up trying. They have to have an appeals process so keep plugging away at them since this seems to be helping so much. It is wonderful to hear that you're walking around the house -- although I cringe that you're in pain while doing so. And it was so good to read that you and Grace were finally going to get some time together. It has been a long time and I know you both enjoy that so much.

Ageoldie -- Great news on your hubbie being home from rehab. It's hard making good food choices when there's nothing out of the ordinary going on, but with the schedule you have been keeping, being able to say that that you're happy with the choices you've made deserves a big atta girl. I know you'll both be glad to have him home.

Calda -- That's not vain at all -- that's no different than someone celebrating getting a promotion or a new job or...... Congratulations. These NSV are sometimes as meaningful and rewarding as watching that scale number go down. And having people notice the weight loss -- gosh it feels good.

Cindy -- So sorry to read that your BIL is having so many problems. It does sound as though you all are right to be very worried about him. Your note on not wanting to go through life without the foods that you enjoy resonated with me. I've been working through those exact same issues -- how to continue to enjoy the foods that I truly love without ending up having a weight gain. My BIL is Type II diabetic which he totally controls through his diet. He lost about 35 pounds and is allowed 180 g of carbs per day. He has maintained the weight and continues to have chips, some sweets, etc. His secret is strict portion control and not having the high carb foods every day. I do think that if we can learn true portion control, we would be more successful in losing the weight and still being able to have foods that we love.

Sam -- So glad to see your post and to see that your neck is doing some better. I'm glad you're going back to the gym, but please be careful with the weight lifting. It sounds like you've gotten a lot done and I bet your patio looks wonderful. Clothes buying is always a challenge -- whose body actually fits what is deemed the proportion that a size should be? Sounds like you were able to find some new things and at very reasonable prices.

I brought the tomato plants upstairs and put them out on the deck to harden before I set them out next week. Yesterday I made up a 4 month schedule for planting so that everything won't be coming in while I'm in Alaska -- there are days when I think that I've just completely lost my mind and there are a lot of people who would agree with me! Still lots of yard work to do which hopefully will get done this week. The yard boy is coming this weekend to get the hill cut and some heavy lifting things done. If all else fails, I suppose I could get the windows washed -- ugh.

Foodwise, I didn't lose any last week but didn't gain. And with my pattern in recent months, that's actually big news. I have gotten the 5 pounds off for the month in my challenge with my friend, but I'd like to get a couple more pounds off this week.

For some reason, my bad time is always in the evening. Does anyone else have a "bad" time of the day when they could eat everything in sight? What are your tricks and tools for avoiding doing so?

Time for the crossword, coffee, and the gym. Hope everyone has a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:11 PM   #124  

Rainy days and Mondays.....

I sure didn't want to get up this morning. I tossed and turned most of the night. The last time I looked at the clock it said 3:30 then the next thing I know the alarm is going off and it is 4:30 already. So I snuggled back in for the 2nd alarm. Which left me with 30 mins get my act together.

Once I got to work, everything was business as usual. Except for the wild hair but hey, isn't messy the new style these days?

I did notice while taking my walk about the floor at work today, that my jiggly bits seems a bit more jiggly. This is a good thing, I know, but it makes me a bit uncomfortable to think someone can see all this but on the other hand, who cares. The people who matter don't care and they are proud of me and the ones passing judgement don't matter. I think I am my own worst critic anyway.

Betsy: Congratulations on completing the challenge. How did your friend do? The time of day that is hard for me is anytime I am idle. Mostly this is on the weekends or evenings. If it is really nagging at me, I go find something like celery and peanut butter or string cheese. Something to nibble on that will help curb the cravings but isn't going to do much harm. I bought SF fudgesicles and some SF pudding cups for when I am really craving chocolate. Oh and I try to find something to keep me busy like crochet or drawing.

Sam: I wish you luck on getting new work pants. It is so hard to find anything to fit especially when one size for one designer is not quite the same for another. I bought 5 shirts from Woman Within all the same size but only 1 fit. One was way too big and the others were too small. I bet your patio looks great.

Calda: Big congrats on you NSV. Don't feel vain, feel proud and where it like a badge of honor.

Cindy: I am praying for your BIL and your family. I get what you mean about being able to eat the things you enjoy. For me it is a control issue. I don't have the control right now to eat just enough to enjoy it without going overboard. My brain does not register I am full until I am uncomfortable full.

Fiona: getting your medication sounds like the same bureaucracy of getting on disability. My mom fought for years to get it. I sure hope they don't make you wait long to get the medication.

Ageoldie: I am so happy for you. It will be nice to have have your DH home with you.
Teena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:14 AM   #125  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a happy start to the week. Today marks the end of my 12 week challenge run through my local gym, and my results have honestly astounded me. I lost 12.5kg and 56cm overall. My BMI has gone from 44.3 to 39, my body fat percentage is down 2.4% and over 8kg of the weight lost was body fat. I feel really proud of myself, I set my goal to be feeling better, and I didn't think I would actually lose weight, but I have and I feel a million dollars. I feel so good in fact that I have just signed up for another 12 weeks haha. This makes the hard work all worth it, so if you are having a rough time, don't let it beat you! Just keep plugging along and eventually the results will come!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

Hi All

Wow Caldawg89 that is an great result from a 12 week challenge I have problems sticking through things for more then 4 weeks
having said that I am now at week 10 on the WW program and am working it its easy to do .. still needing to get more fitpoints or movement into it to get points up - having issues with sore knees and other things this week = I will not comfort with food or food medicate I can do this staying positive
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:05 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 125kg/108kg/90kg

Height: 158cm

Well done KarenCat! I have only had a couple of slip ups, and I learned from it each time, so I guess it is all part of the ride!
caldawg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:01 AM   #128  

Weekly weigh in... down a grand total of 26 lbs. My 2nd goal of losing 25 lbs met. Now on the next 25.
Dinner last night turned out to be a chicken stir fry. Chopped up chicken, asparagus, zucchini and yellow squash, celery, mushrooms, onions and garlic. I did put a dab of soy sauce on it but was careful on how much because of the salt. I even saved some for my lunch.... the girls at work are going to be jealous!!! he-he.

speaking of work... I better get too it.

Calda: Well done!!!! So happy for you. You are right, keep plugging along and you will be rewarded with good results. Three cheers for you!

Karen: Congrats on sticking to it for 10 weeks. It is so hard sometimes when life happens. Also a big high 5 for getting under 300!!! I know that was huge. Way to go.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Fi I'm glad to be getting better. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with the insurance company. Working with them directly I know how it is even though I don't work with health insurance. I hope you getnwhat you need soon so you can get back to doing what you love and to feel whole again.

Betsy Alaska sounds amazing!!! You do have lots going on sometimes I wonder how I'd ever be able to keep up with you!! Finding clothes is always a challenegr but hoping to find some work pants soon. That's my goal while DH is in band practice tomorrow.

Well didn't get my walk in last night. DH needed my help with making dinner and making sure the cats didn't get out on the balcony while the door was open to air out the heat. By the time we ate it was 8 so I'm working on it today. Hoping DH will come with me but yesterday was a bad day for both of us anyway. I felt feverish by the time I got home from work and he drank caffeine by accident and was shaky all day. Hoping today is a better day.

Be well friends
SamIAm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:19 PM   #130  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone. I'm still alive. The bleeping scale has gone down half a pound and won't move.

I'm nervous about next week. Leaving the kids here with my spouse while I do training. I don't like leaving the kids. My daughter will be doing a Mother's Day show with her class, which I'll miss. I hope that my spouse records it. I'm not a fan of flying either, and I have to take four planes. There were no non-stop flights available.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:09 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Sam, I'm glad your neck is feeling better and you're gradually getting back to being able to exercise again. I'm glad you got your patio garden going. I can't wait to start planting here but that's still about a month away. (It snowed last night about 25 miles north of us). I buy most of my clothes online because I absolutely hate shopping for clothes. Even then I end up sending back half of what I buy.

Fi, so glad you got to spend some time with Grace and also that you are moving around the house more despite the pain. I hope the insurance issue gets resolved soon.

Betsy, good job getting those 5 lbs. off for the month. Maybe the challenge with your friend is what you need to keep working at it. My bad time of day is anytime that I get too hungry or bored. I do usually have a snack at night, but it's usually something "approved" unless I'm having days like I had last week. I've been meaning to ask you about the Walden Farms dressings. Which ones do you like? There are so many and the reviews vary wildly.

Teena, congratulations on the 26 lbs. gone. That's wonderful. Your stir-fry sounds yummy!

Caldawg, congratulations on your success as well. It's so nice to see the results from your hard work. Kudos to you for signing up for another 12 weeks. Also great job fitting into your jeans comfortably. Soon you will need smaller ones.

Karencat, great job on sticking to WW for 10 weeks and the positive attitude.

Last time I posted I was a little (or a lot) frustrated with myself and with being fat in general. I realize I don't have the control either to be able to eat what I want within reason. I don't do well with portion control and really do much better without having certain foods in my house or my life. Having said that I know I will still eat those things on occasion and probably will eat too much of them and gain weight as a result. So, what's a girl to do? I swear losing weight, trying to eat healthy and train my mind to think the way I want it to is a full time job.

My BIL is finally starting to get better. They finally have a diagnosis of myleofibrosis, which is a disorder of the bone marrow that prevents the production of red blood cells or abnormal blood cells, and can cause an enlarged spleen, enlarged liver, and even leukemia in some cases. His liver is enlarged, but not sure about his spleen. There has been some mention of removing the spleen. They are treating him with drugs but the only real cure is a bone marrow transplant, which they won't do because of his age and health, but like I said he is doing better. Thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers. This has been a difficult time for the family.

Sunday DH and I took a four hour drive to Pennsylvania, to the cemetery where my parents are buried. Going there is always sad and it's been years since we've gone but I'm still glad we went. I lived in PA for four years and DH lived down there with me for six months before we moved up here so we went to a couple places down there that we used to go to a lot. It was a long trip just for the day but all in all it was a good day.

Yesterday and today I've been back on track and hope to stay on track all week. Monday I have an appointment with my PCP who, back in February, said she wanted to "monitor my weight loss". I know she will expect me to have lost more than I have, so I'm trying to at least get back to my signature weight by then.

I hope you're all doing well and having a great day!
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:06 PM   #132  

I am a little sad that my DD is starting to veer off plan more often. I don't want to pressure her into staying on plan. People did that to me when I was young, telling me what I should and shouldn't eat/do. It just made me mad and rebellious. She is a bit frustrated because she is not seeing as much of a loss as I have. She doesn't follow the plan as strictly as I do and as I mentioned before, she likes to go out to clubs on weekends with her gal friends. I am not sure how to encourage her without seeming overbearing. It really does help me having her eating healthy too.

Eating has been good today. Someone bought donuts to work for everyone. They she felt bad because a couple of us are dieting. It is hard to bring healthy treats for everyone. It is way to expensive. I told her I appreciated her concern but not to feel bad. It is my own fault that I cannot indulge in the treats. She did bring some boiled eggs for her breakfast and shared one with me. That made her feel better.

Cindy: I am glad your BIL is a little better. That must be a relief. I agree trying to eat healthy is a full time job. Sad that it has to be but it is true.

Sam: I hope your day is better.

Tootsie: Plans are not my favorite place to be either. I have to take Dramamine to survive. Good luck and have a safe trip.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days -- no good excuse, just let the day get away from me. After our week of wonderful warm (hot!) days, we've been overcast and cool again. Just haven't had any inspiration to do anything other than read a book.

Teena -- Congratulations on having the jiggles. I knew what you meant instantly and realized that we're probably the only people who are happy about jiggling. Keep up the great job and help keep the rest of us motivated.

Calda -- Way to go!!!! Hitting those goals and seeing progress is so rewarding.

Karencat -- 10 weeks on WW is wonderful. It is hard to get the move points when moving causes pain. I keep telling myself that once I get a couple of small people off of me that the pain should lessen significantly. Good reason for us to keep on plan.

Sam -- I remember when I was working and getting in exercise of any kind in the evening was always such a challenge. Sounds like with DH having the jitters from the caffeine that maybe it just wasn't meant to be. There's always tomorrow.

Cindy -- I like any of the Walden Farms dressing that have balsamic (dark or white) vinegar in them. And the honey mustard. I will admit that they don't have the same taste as regular dressings, but for 0 everything, I can live with it. Glad your BIL is doing better although it sounds as though he's going to have a lot of challenges ahead. Your day trip sounds nice -- I love doing things like that.

Tootsie -- Hope that you're able to enjoy the training. I don't like flying either but mainly because fitting in the seats is......well, I don't fit!

Teena -- It is hard as a mother to watch a child make bad eating decisions, but you're right that offering even heartfelt advice is just going to probably make her dig her heels in. Good for you on turning away the donuts. It's always hard to turn away foods like that -- or at least it is for me. I literally start salivating and feel like I'm a rat in one of Pavlov's experiments.

The young man is coming this weekend to do the yard work and put up my screens. My nephew is also coming out to hook up an old XBox that a friend gave me so I'll be fixing dinner for everyone. Think I'll make a meat loaf and mashed potatoes and some cooked carrots -- sounds good and the funny thing is that I watch my portions when there's company here. Maybe I should get some of those cardboards cut outs of people and put them at the kitchen table so that I won't be tempted to overeat.

Other than that, not a lot going on. Hope that everyone is having a great day.
betsy2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:38 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 338/306.8/150

Hi everyone.

Tootsie, good luck with your training and I hope your flights are smooth.

Teena, good job avoiding the donuts at work. Nice of your coworker to be concerned about you and share an egg with you. As for your daughter I don't really have advice. I know you want her to eat healthy, but she is likely to react as you fear if you say anything. Possibly the best course of action is to lead by example. Perhaps she will realize that you're losing more because you are being more strict and she will try harder because of it.

Betsy, thanks for your input about the salad dressings. I'm not a fan of honey mustard but I will try the balsamic ones. For zero everything I will make the sacrifice in taste. I eat salad almost every day so to save the calories that I can use for something else makes it worthwhile. I tend to eat less when I'm eating with other people also.

The sale has actually dropped below my signature weight. I've been tracking my food the last few days and I've been eating between 950 and 1100 calories. Normally that is really low for me and I'm sure that's why the scale keeps going down. I haven't been hungry either. I probably won't keep this up for long but as I said before I'm trying to drop as much as I can by Monday and then I'll probably up the calories a bit.

Nothing much going on here. Weather is chilly again. I'm hoping the weekend is warmer so we can go fishing again.

I hope you all are doing well. Have a great day tomorrow.
Cindylh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:45 PM   #135  

I don't have much time to post tonight but I wanted to stop in and write a bit.

I have been wanting tacos for days but I didn't want to get the stuff and have the left overs here... mostly the corn tortillas, So last night DD and I went up to the taco truck and each got two. The corn tortillas are smaller then you get in the store so I felt better about eating them. They were the best tacos ever.

Today stayed true to my plan. I did leave out the grains though to make up for yesterday. Made steak, salad and asparagus for dinner.

Take care my friends and thank you so much for the awesome support you all give.