Old 05-06-2015, 09:30 PM   #1  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

Default NSV no stress eating...

So I got into a minor fender bender (i basically rubbed the paint off the other persons car)... I was a little shaken up as I have never really had any kind of accident before.

I really wanted to have some wine and take myself out, but I came home ate like I was supposed to and just calmed down.....

I think I'm officially tired of justifying falling off the wagon..and having to start over.....not a big thing, but proud of myself ....now to head to bed so I can be up for my 4am workout..blah....
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:05 PM   #2  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

Congratulations on not giving in to the urge to stress eat. It helps if you find another coping method. A lady named Fi, in the 300+ chat thread recommends a book called Mind Over Binge, or something like that.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: S/C/G 290/Ticker/150

Height: 5'7

Congrats! I think a really important part of anyone's weight loss journey is recognizing the patterns/habits that lead to overeating and learning new ways to cope.
ASaladandaDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 367/301/???

Height: 5'8

Good for you! Life can be so difficult and when we get thrown a curveball sometimes it's just too much, and then being mindful of our eating is almost impossible...but you did it. Best of luck to you!
Noggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 02:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Thankfully you're alright, these things happen @ fender benders, as my mom can attest to a few months ago (she's fine, same thing w/the paint plus a dent or two). Anyhow I think we're in a similar place after reading this statement -
"I think I'm officially tired of justifying falling off the wagon..and having to start over...."
I used to binge and regret it later, now I am trying to stop myself before it happens, and it's been working for me! I am shocked, I never really tried too hard before to stop myself because for 1. I really WANTED to overeat. 2. Because I didn't believe that I could avoid binge eating once the bug was in my brain, but apparently I can, because I've talked myself out of 2 binges recently. We probably saved ourselves several pounds of regret!

Last edited by Candidcamster; 05-08-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 416 / 363.4 / 250

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad you weren't injured after the accident, but also glad you didn't stress eat! I'm a MAJOR stress eater, and that has been my hardest habit to kick!
MaeCrochet is offline   Reply With Quote