Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #91  

Good morning, ladies!

Thought I'd check in since I haven't for a couple of days.

Bllondy- how goes the exercise?

All this talk of pets makes me miss our little Smaug. Little black kitten my son named after the dragon from The Hobbit. We moved over the summer and the apartment doesn't accept pets. We tried for a while but it's really hard to keep a kitten a secret.

Anyway- Saw the lowest number I've seen since I was 19 this morning- 304.8! SO close to being out of the 300's that I can taste it! And yet, somehow- all I want to do is eat and sleep and not exercise in the cold. I took a couple of days off because we were SO busy all I could do was a few squats here and there and no discernible cardio and jeez! Getting back in the flow of things is like pulling teeth! I don't wanna!!! Oh well. Back on plan with my eating and back on plan with my working out. Now if I could just get my sleep under control. Ugh.

Good luck, ladies! May the pounds drop as quickly as the temperatures around here!
Old 11-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all. I'd make some comment about the cold temps, but they're nothing compared to what a lot of the US is having right now. So thankful that I have a nice warm house, can afford to heat it, and don't have to be out in this. The shelters are doing a booming business in the SeaTac metro area right now.

Bllondy -- No the garage didn't get cleaned out.....or even started. You'll find that I announce these great projects -- and they do eventually get done -- but it will end up being days before I actually start. One of the good/bad things about being retired. House hunting is a combination of being so exciting and incredibly frustrating at the same time. I think you're being very reasonable to realize that looking at homes that have potential is very positive. Hope you can find one with a large garage as building a garage even if there's land available isn't cheap. Your smoothie sounds good right up to the spinach part. I chuckled over how each of us thinks it sounds great right up the ...... part.

Terra -- I'm with you. 2 hours of exercise would result in a call to emergency services and an ambulance ride!

Jane -- Hope the fall wasn't too bad but man the sore muscles and bruises hurt for a few days. Your Toby sounds like mine......we're the only trained animals in our households!

Donna -- Sounds like you're doing a great job of breaking those eating habits that got us here in the first place. Giving up sugar is definitely hard to do. Do you put some fruit on your porridge to sweeten it up? Love the sheep greeting each morning. How does the neighbor feel about getting his grass cut for free? Hope those knees start feeling better. This time of year it's just sort of constant pain. Do you have one of those umbrella style clothes lines that you could use to hand your laundry? My mom used to do that if it was raining out side. Otherwise, she would freeze dry the laundry in the winter. I can remember her taking the sheets down and basically hearing them crackle when she was folding them.

Ubee -- Oh, you almost always give me a chuckle. Look at the split pants this way. At least you could get into them so that they had the opportunity to split. I put on a pair of jeans this morning that I could wear a couple of months ago and it was a no go. So, no witty comments from me on that. Now the idea of getting a receipt whenever we put something in our mouths. My heavens, I would deforest the Northwest in a matter of hours! Keep warm. Glad you didn't get all the bad weather -- just freezing your bippy off (I have no idea what a bippy is, but it was a saying when I was growing up).

Fi -- I love the pictures of your kittens, but what a long journey you've had with them ever since you got them. And your having ringworm is not good! Just wish that the vet could get them all healthy. Is the breeder that you used living up to her agreement to pay for the vet bills to get them healthy. As long as this has been going on, I would think that they're close to being "free" kittens by now! Hope that things start looking up.

Anticakechick -- Great news on getting down to where you were at 19. 300 (or rather 299) is in sight and you can do this.

The friend I was going to lunch with today had to cancel with an ear ache and sinus problems. Actually, it's cold for out here, windy, and not the best day to be running around anyway. We've had so much rain and have so many trees, that driving into town on the tree lined, 2 lane road is always a little scary. Time to start planning Thanksgiving and figuring out what extra is needed since the grands will be staying for the weekend. I have declared it to be a no electronic devices weekend......may be eating those words as the days go on!

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM   #93  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Ubee (and others)— I put the latest kitten pic on ipernity, so you don't have to deal with stupid Flickr. As usual, click on the pic for a larger version: you want to appreciate the mess the kittens have made of my formerly orderly shelf, in all its glory. =laugh=

Yesterday was a blessed 0/0/0 day, as predicted. Today is more difficult: the morning was fine, but I'm in +2 this afternoon: super jittery, can barely string two thoughts together, muscle spasms, headache, etc. I hope I don't go any higher! But I'm taking the appropriate meds...maybe soon I'll succumb to sleep and all will be well on the other side...best wishes to all....
Old 11-12-2014, 06:33 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 340/268.8/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone...

Keyboard batteries are low and not sure where I've placed extras so hopefully I can bust out this post before it dies on me lol...

Sorry I've missed a couple days on there...Monday night was horrendous....I am thinking I got a bad case of gas but not really sure what it was...It felt like a huge hard fist was jammed under my ribs to where I kept getting sharp pains in that area...I've never felt anything like it before. I had chicken and broccoli with a little cheese...nothing too out of the ordinary that night and had eaten that on a previous night last week. It was so bad that I actually had to call out of work on Tuesday. I spent the whole day in bed...DH wasn't feeling good either so we just layed there together sleeping off and on the whole day. It was nice and very much needed. I didn't exercise last night but DH and I are getting ready to go on a walk so I figured I'd post real quick while I wait on him.

Nothing too new to report...Ubee I'll have a new picture for you this weekend as this weekend will mark 10 months on my journey. I'm aiming to get to 90 lbs lost but if not, any loss is still fine with me

We are also having the baby's memorial on Sunday. My SIL and her boyfriend and my nephew have not gone back to school or work yet...I really feel for them. They are actually seeking legal counsel. DH saw them today and they didn't go into details of the autopsy of the baby but something didn't add up so they are going to an attorney regarding malpractice. I hope everything works out for them.

Thanks again everyone for the love and kind words...I really don't know how I hold myself together sometimes, but I'm doing it...and I'm trying to do it differently than I have in the past so I don't have a binge or anything like that...It's been hard, but I've gone through a lot in my life so I know I'll get through it. Things are looking up so I'm just gonna keep chugging away like a little train...

I hope everyone had a great day...stayed OP....and are getting their exercise in!!! I'm off to get it done! Have a great night everyone!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #95  
rockin' my 60s!

Sam— Be wary of that kind of pressure/pain. That's how my infected gall bladder announced itself: by a feeling of intense pressure in the middle of my abdomen—right at the edge of, and under, my ribs, like something was jammed up in there. If yours stopped completely, maybe it was nothing. But if it persists, or if it happens again, I'd go see your doctor right away. Better safe than sorry!
Old 11-12-2014, 07:41 PM   #96  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Donna ~ Hi, How is your night going? How was your day today?

Ubee ~ We are making our own subs in cooking class tomorrow and for our DA4A lunch today we had Manning's Chili,Fruit and Cookies, For the Chili there was also shredded cheddar cheese,Salted Crackers and chopped onions but I only had the cheese and crackers on mine

Betsy ~ I can do 2 hours in a day but not all at once.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 7:00 a.m. this morning, Which I wanted to get up at 5 this morning but I didnt hear my alarm go off so I didnt wake up until my mom came and woke me up. Dang Alarm!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway my friend came and pick me up on her way to school today and She's gonna take me back home at 3:00 or 3:30 today. We've been at school since 9:30 this morning. I also need to make sure I do my 2 miles tonight with my dvd, I've been really slacking when it comes to working out.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #97  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

sam I agree, that definitely sounds like gallbladder. Hope you feel better

Anticakechic Yay!!! You're so close

Ubee I wouldn't make a crack about that

I hit the pool this morning... Finally. Definitely missed it and I'm definitely out of shape. I'm tired and stiff and ready for bed. Hope to have more energy tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:14 PM   #98  

Thanks for looking out for me everyone but I actually had my gallbladder removed 18 years ago. I was the youngest case my doctor had ever done. But I was thinking it could be related as my mother will get pains where her gallbladder used to be anytime she eats broccoli. This just happens to be the first time it's happened to me.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:48 PM   #99  
rockin' my 60s!

I know it's crazy in the middle of working to damp down a manic swing (down to +1 this evening, and going to bed early) to be thinking about kitten photos, but I can't resist sharing this one that Bob took when we were at the farm a couple weeks ago: it's priceless. Be sure to click on the image for the larger view. =grin=
Old 11-13-2014, 07:10 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Good Morning!
Fi glad to see you posting pictures of your adorable kitties.
Sam I hope broccoli isn't one of your favorite foods because I think mom may have let you inherit that problem. I am really looking forward to a new picture. 10 months! Good job sticking with it!
Jane you win the prize for the best witty comment!
Terra stop slacking with your working out! We want to see that ticker move down!
Betsy wow you are a "the glass is half full" kinda gal! Good point about how at least I could fit into them to split them. I looked up "bippy". If I would have frozen my bippy off I would have never split my pants! I've tried no electronic days. Let me give you some very wise advice. DON"T DO IT! May I suggest no electronics until ? such a time? I let them have it about the time I am getting tired. You know around 10 am.
Anticake you are so close! We all suffer from the "I don't want to!" That is how we got to be part of the 300+ club. I am sorry about your kitty. Such a hard thing for your family.
Hi Silent, Dean, Donna, Bllondy, Shan, and everyone!

I have been worrying about Dean with his blood clots. Yesterday I was just sitting around thinking I probably only walk a few hundred feet everyday. So Dean I got up off my bippy and went on the treadmill.
Let's get healthier today! Have a peaceful day.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #101  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Ubee ~ I know, I know I want to see that ticker go down too, I'll try harder

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. this morning, Its now 8:35 a.m., I'm currently at school right now, Cooking class doesnt start until 11:00 a.m. so I have a couple hours to wait. Anyway this morning I did hear my alarm go off so that was good. I get home today between 2:30 and 3:00 p.m. today. Today in cooking class we are making our own Sub Sandwiches so I'm looking forward to that, I LOVE Sub Sandwiches. Anyway the only plans I have for today is to do 2 miles with my dvd tonight and thats it.
Old 11-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #102  
rockin' my 60s!

I slept well last night, and feel SO much better this morning. Even the kittens are acting like they feel better: when I took their crate out of the soggy bathroom after their morning steam treatment, it sounded like there were a couple of tiny motorcycles in there, that's how loud the purring was! Objectively, their breathing is just as congested, but I'm glad to see them in good spirits.

There's a disadvantage, though, about feisty kittens in a good mood: they are unbelievably mischievous, more so than our previous two pairs! Basically anything that is not nailed down becomes a cat toy. For example, we have a headset that's attached to our cordless phone by a thin black cable. Whenever we're talking on the phone, that bit of dangling cable is abso-LUTE-ly irresistible to the furballs: they bat it, they bite it, they snag it with their claws... and this is after months of our daily reinforcement of the "Don't mess with electrical cords or cables" rule! I think they're so smart they've figured out the difference (from our voice tone?) between cables/cords that pose no danger to them, and cables/cords that could shock them. =sigh=

And that, I'm afraid, is all I have time to write. I have a ton to do—like giving kitties their meds—before my Qigong appointment.

By the way, Ubee and Betsy, "You bet your sweet bippy!" was a common expression when I was growing up. Pretty clear what part of the anatomy that referred to... =grin=

Last edited by Fiona W; 11-13-2014 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:11 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 396/351/160

The freezing of the bippy continues this morning. 27 degrees this morning (normal is in the 50s this time of year) and in 2nd day of a raging wind storm with gusts of 40-50 MPH. I mean to tell you, Toby did the fastest morning routine of his life this morning -- 15 seconds max and no blades of grass were even smelled. I checked my bippy -- unfortunately, freezing it does not reduce it!

Fi -- I think your kitties do the same thing for your overall emotional well being that Toby does for me. Love the pictures of them, glad they seem to be doing a little better, and hope today signals a stabilization of the ups and downs for you.

Terra -- OK, has Ubee whipped you back into shape. If only she lived in my apartment, I figure that she'd get this weight off of me in about 6 months!

Ubee -- It takes you until 10 am to get worn out from having little ones in the house? I'm impressed. Usually about right after breakfast when they're not sure what they want to eat but it's not what I've fixed is when I begin to wonder if I've lost my sanity. Don't worry about the no electronics -- we're going to decorate the Christmas tree, put up the decorations, put together a gingerbread house for them to take home (think incredible mess in every part of the kitchen), and I got board games. In the evening we're either going to Zoo Lights of the drive through version is there is still a frozen bippy issue. Oh yeah, I'm also having their Uncle Scott whom they adore stay. I figure I can hold out until at least 11 before I break down and bring my ipad and DS out of hiding! Oh yeah, good for you to get up and get moving. It's hard to do and most of the time it hurts like heck, but otherwise we will have both frozen bippies and frozen joints.

Sam -- You had your gall bladder removed 18 years ago? Good heavens, you were a child! Hope whatever caused the problems goes and stays away. I know this weekend will be a tough one, but you are truly handling everything so well and as you said, not turning to food as the answer to every emotional hurt.

Jane -- Good for you on getting back to the pool. Hope you can get back to enjoying it soon.

Off to the gym and then home to work on the pictures and the boys' (that would be the 43 and 38 year old boys) scrap books. Stayed on plan yesterday and am having a big whoosh. I realized that the amount of sodium in the can of soup I had was just outrageous. First, they consider 1/2 cup to be a serving. So, I ended up having about 2.5 servings to get a bowl of soup. It had over 2100 mg of salt in it -- an entire day's worth. No wonder I resemble the Pillsbury dough boy on steroids. Have a great day everyone.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:51 PM   #104  

Ubee Broccoli isn't one of my favorite veggies...I really do like it but this past week was the first time I had eaten any in a good while. I sure hope this isn't a sign that I can't eat it anymore though. It's so good for you and it's green LOL!!

Betsy Yes I was a child when I had my gallbladder removed. It was the summer of me going into 5th grade. The stones had not fully formed but for some reason the doctor decided it needed to come out. Come to find out later they could have given me medicine to dissolve them since they were the size of a tiny pea and white-yellow in color. My mother was furious of course that they didn't do that instead. It really does suck because of not having the gallbladder I am now realizing how important it is to have one, and could be part of the reason I have stomach issues today as well as the weight issue I'm sure has something to do with it, but I would have probably been fat even with it, who knows.

I am absolutely pooped. Got off work and hit the gym...I sweated more than I ever have going there tonight. I did 50 minutes on the treadmill at 3.5 mph and a 10.0 incline...Burned over 700 calories from that according to the treadmill...Then I worked on abs...there were these two young girls watching me work out which made me uncomfortable and they would sneer and snicker with eachother and get all whispery...It pissed me off but at the same time I know I've accomplished more this year than they probably ever have their entire life!! I wanted to say something to them but I told myself I was better than that and would not stoop to their level. I will never be able to wrap my head around how someone can be like that to someone who is big and is obviously working on becoming healthy. I can tell you right now at 254 lbs I'm probably healthier than both of those girls!! Anyway, rant over LOL.

After the gym my plan was to go to the grocery store just to grab a few things to make it to the weekend when I can go big grocery shopping. DH is doing side work at a comedy club so he's gone for a little while...I get to the grocery store and somehow end up doing all of the grocery shopping I needed lol...Least it's one less thing I will have to do this weekend.

I think my friend from Wilmington is coming down this weekend and staying with another one of our friends...It will be nice to see her if she ends up coming. I think there is going to be a bonfire planned at our friend's house which will be fun and just what I need. Gotta get the oil changed on Saturday and really need to continue with my own BERP. My house looks absolutely horrendous right now.

Anyway, I'm off to go throw pillows in the dryer and relax for the rest of the night. Hope everyone stays well!!
Old 11-14-2014, 05:25 AM   #105  
MeTime

S/C/G: 421/287/220

Height: 5'10

Hi all,

Hope everyone has had a good week. I ended Friday today by going to the hospital to get blood work done prior to starting Atkins next week. I was concerned as was my doctor that maybe something was up that was affecting my inability to lose significant weight these past three months of exercising and calorie counting. Blood work results were received this afternoon. Nothing alarming and I got the go ahead from my doctor to start Atkins on Monday this next week. I will be doing an extended induction (longer than the 2 weeks) due to the amount of weight I need to lose. He is supervising me and wants me to get another blood work done up at the end of November/beginning of December just to make sure the iron deficiency that showed up improves with Atkins which he thinks it will from the protein required. Wish me luck please. Super excited to get onto something that will hopefully show some real results and its definitely a plan that I can stick to for the rest of my life as long as I follow through with all the phases and continue to exercise.

On another note, less than 80 days til the trip home to the USA with my boyfriend. Very excited. Also fully booked our cruise for while we are there so things are looking up. Should be two and a half months in on Atkins by then....

Have a good weekend everyone.
Closed Thread